Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I saw this at Walmart:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25045]

Is this a good sign or a sign of the apocalypse? Or a good sign of the apocalypse?

Thanks! I was happy to grab the Breach & Clear DLC.

split second and pure for 14.99!!!
Be aware, Split/Second's PC version has a serious game save corruption problem that very consistently hits about halfway through the game. Because of this, the console versions are superior. :wall:

Great game though... a racing game with a gimmick that you have to learn to use effectively and integrates well into the game.

My company's game, Breach & Clear, is 75% off ($3.74) right now as part of the week long deals. If you enjoy turn-based strategy games (like X-Com or Frozen Synapse) it's definitely worth checking out. It's not as complex as either of the games I mentioned, but that was deliberate as we wanted to keep the toolset streamlined for faster gameplay. If you're a Frozen Synapse fan, we've actually got a Frozen Synapse DLC Pack that is on sale for $0.80.

Would be awesome if it could be added to the thread (unless week long deals aren't typically listed). Thanks!

Breach & Clear: http://store.steampowered.com/app/266130/

Breach & Clear Frozen Synapse Pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/296990/
Cool, I already had the base game somehow, and I just bought the DLC. I'm also waiting for Korra to drop to $5 before getting it. I'm not sure about this winter sale, but it'll be cheap soon enough.

In all fairness, the best collectibles usually ARE in dumpsters
[customspoiler="{E} OPEN"]
2lk79zm.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Breach & Clear Frozen Synapse Pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/296990/
Purchased! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

so i was messing around, checking out the broadcasting stuff. i spec a guy playing dota2. he was on teamspeak with his teammates and commented that someone started watching. he wasn't freaked out or anything, just surprised. anyways i watch till the end of the game (he lost) and left. anyways, if you don't wanna be surprised someone is spectating you, don't leave broadcasting on :)

that being said, if anyone has broadcasting turned on and don't mind someone watching, send me a friend invite!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shrinerr/

Anyone may watch me too. I like to be watched. 8-[

Well I would if my internet wasn't such a piece of crap. Thanks for nothing, Carlos Slim, you asshole.

I couldn't even stream Fenix Rage properly at lowest quality. :(

max. 1 Mbit upload sucks
You still have better speeds than I do. I get like .6 at most.

But that's what happens when a single person owns about 95% of the phone lines in the country.

Also.

https://twitter.com/indieroyale/status/540446253415677952

so i was messing around, checking out the broadcasting stuff. i spec a guy playing dota2. he was on teamspeak with his teammates and commented that someone started watching. he wasn't freaked out or anything, just surprised. anyways i watch till the end of the game (he lost) and left. anyways, if you don't wanna be surprised someone is spectating you, don't leave broadcasting on :)

that being said, if anyone has broadcasting turned on and don't mind someone watching, send me a friend invite!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shrinerr/
can we jsut addu just cause

Dying Light recommends whopping 16GB of memory.

• RECOMMENDED:
    OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM DDR3
  • Hard Drive: 40 GB free space
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
  • Sound: DirectX® 10

No wonder they cancelled last gen versions...

• RECOMMENDED:

Oh, but this says "Recommended"; they always blow those up to ridiculous extremes for new games. The trick is what it actually requires as a minimum.

Oh, but this says "Recommended"; they always blow those up to ridiculous extremes for new games. The trick is what it actually requires as a minimum.
8 GB according to specs.

• MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500 @3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 @3.5 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM DDR3
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670 / AMD Radeon™ HD 7870

In theory it could mean they load bigger portion of map for less object pop-in and higher draw distances.

But if it really require 8 GB min, it wouldn't run on current gen consoles (or next-gen as some idiots say).

For the 1% of you who are interested, there's a new Game Music Bundle out here.

This one actually looks pretty meh. The normal tiers are here, $1 for the first five albums, $10 to get the next 14 added. I haven't listened to anything here yet, but I'll probably check most of the albums out and post a comment or two later if anyone cares. 

This one actually looks pretty meh. The normal tiers are here, $1 for the first five albums, $10 to get the next 14 added. I haven't listened to anything here yet, but I'll probably check most of the albums out and post a comment or two later if anyone cares.
I'll buy it when I get some extra cash next week.

It's time to visit Mother Russia to grab some games. Gotta pay the least amount possible to Daedalic. :p

I got Empire at War but goddamn I can't believe they charge around 20 bucks regularly for it. That's one old ass game right there, I can't see it being that played after all these years with the initial reception it had with the fact many still adore Battlegrounds to this day.

• RECOMMENDED:

I'd wait til it actually releases to make judgements. I'd be shocked if it actually required all this.

I got Empire at War but goddamn I can't believe they charge around 20 bucks regularly for it. That's one old ass game right there, I can't see it being that played after all these years with the initial reception it had with the fact many still adore Battlegrounds to this day.
Empire at War is actually a really good strategy game, but it's weirdly-balanced. I posited when I first played it that maybe Petroglyph was making a statement about how lopsided the struggle between the Rebellion and Imperial forces was; this is the only reasonable explanation I could conceive for why the Imperial campaign was so much easier than the Rebellion campaign.

A few traders on steamtrades are offering Dead or Alive for 6.5 Keys. I just got it and I'm pretty surprised that they allowed this. I thought everything was region-locked now by default?

A few traders on steamtrades are offering Dead or Alive for 6.5 Keys. I just got it and I'm pretty surprised that they allowed this. I thought everything was region-locked now by default?
It was added before lock by default and they didn't remember to lock it manually :p

So I saw this at Walmart:

Is this a good sign or a sign of the apocalypse? Or a good sign of the apocalypse?
Its a very good thing. PC Gaming going mainstream will only increase the amount of games that release on the platform. There will be a lot more "noobs" as a result who will realize quickly that not all machines are created equal and will go through some growing pains, but thats a small price to pay. Developers will also be less likely to enter into console exclusive contracts as well.

There's some other negative effects that can be thought of (fiercer copy protection etc) but IMO the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Its a very good thing. PC Gaming going mainstream will only increase the amount of games that release on the platform. There will be a lot more "noobs" as a result who will realize quickly that not all machines are created equal and will go through some growing pains, but thats a small price to pay. Developers will also be less likely to enter into console exclusive contracts as well.

There's some other negative effects that can be thought of (fiercer copy protection etc) but IMO the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
Not to mention the fact that a larger market means more business, which means more competition on things like parts, etc, and potentially lower prices.

EVERYBODY GET A GAMING PC NOW

I have tech question.

I have PC headset with two 3.5mm audio/mic male jacks, and I would like to use it on my TV/Xbox One. Is it possible to use an adapter (3.5mm to USB) going into my Xbox One to make the audio and mic work properly? And would I be receiving TV audio as well as voice input from other players on the headset?

I'm not sure if consoles can relay audio through USB, so in that case, could I use a 3.5mm to USB adapter to connect the 3.5mm mic jack into the Xbox One, while using a second adapter to connect the 3.5mm audio jack into the TV's USB port?

I've never attempted any of this, and I haven't bought any adapters yet (trying to figure out the plan and if it will work before paying up).

Any help?

neither the xbox one nor the PS4 work with usb headsets plugged into the consoles base USB port unfortunately.  

for xbox one you need a usb to xbox controller adapter, the jack on the xbox one controller is custom (i think 2.5mm?) so requires a specialized adapter, it will work.  Not sure for PS4, i think maybe a USB to 3.5mm adapter should work.  not sure you'll get mic functionality though.

neither the xbox one nor the PS4 work with usb headsets plugged into the consoles base USB port unfortunately.

for xbox one you need a usb to xbox controller adapter, the jack on the xbox one controller is custom (i think 2.5mm?) so requires a specialized adapter, it will work. Not sure for PS4, i think maybe a USB to 3.5mm adapter should work. not sure you'll get mic functionality though.
I use my PC headset on my PS4 via USB. It's two 3.5mm plug (Pink/Green) and then I use a 3.5mm adapter that converts to USB and plug it into my front USB ports on the PS4. Both the headset and converter (From my last headset) are Sennheiser.

Can't speak for the Xbox One first hand as I doubt I will buy it for various reasons.

for xbox one you need a usb to xbox controller adapter, the jack on the xbox one controller is custom (i think 2.5mm?) so requires a specialized adapter, it will work. Not sure for PS4, i think maybe a USB to 3.5mm adapter should work. not sure you'll get mic functionality though.

I use my PC headset on my PS4 via USB. It's two 3.5mm plug (Pink/Green) and then I use a 3.5mm adapter that converts to USB and plug it into my front USB ports on the PS4. Both the headset and converter (From my last headset) are Sennheiser.

Can't speak for the Xbox One first hand as I doubt I will buy it for various reasons.
So, so far I have "It doesn't work at all on any console" and "It works perfectly on a different console".

Bah.

If you have the Xbox One adapter then you should only need to plug 3.5 into the controller. No need to plug the anything into USB.

The mic I use (skullcandy slyr) needs a really long cable to work on Xbox 360 or PC. With Xbox One, you only need the wire connected directly to the headset. You change volume levels using the adapter.

So, so far I have "It doesn't work at all on any console" and "It works perfectly on a different console".

Bah.
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have access to an Xbox One console to test. My cousin owns one, but I'm deathly allergic to his pets. Just wanted to correct him since he said it wasn't possible on the PS4.

I believe this works though:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SP0WAQ/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

+

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00IAVDOS6/ref=cm_cd_f_pb_t

Should give you sound input and output. Not sure if the second link comes with the console or not.

If you have the Xbox One adapter then you should only need to plug 3.5 into the controller. No need to plug the anything into USB.

The mic I use (skullcandy slyr) needs a really long cable to work on Xbox 360 or PC. With Xbox One, you only need the wire connected directly to the headset. You change volume levels using the adapter.
I believe the differences between his and yours are that his has two 3.5mm plugs for sound input and output whereas yours is using a singular 3.5mm plug for both that is more readily compatible with consoles.

Crap, that reminds me of my GMB backlog. I haven't even downloaded the last two I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back