Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
That "the more you know" shooting star at the top of the steam store page is really starting to get on my nerves. I assumed that we'd something different each day, but I guess steam couldn't be bothered. Looks like we're stuck with that for the next few weeks.
Seriously. I had higher expectations given the artistic effort they put into just the last sale's exploration theme. This starfuckery might still change.

I still need to start BL2 DLC's.

BL: TPS probably need a GOTY Ed, bundle, or something first before I'm interested in it.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I got this before release, I've only played a couple of hours.

I can't read that site I only speak Merican
Google translate works well on the site. Also, you can pay with paypal to avoid putting in too much info.

i'll wait for goty edition.

i also feel bad for whoever bought the season pass
I don't feel bad for those who bought the season pass. It's been steadily adding to the game.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I got this before release, I've only played a couple of hours.
I know exactly what I was thinking: I have over 400 hours between Borderlands 1 & 2. I firmly believe that 2K will deliver the experience I'm expecting, and, being based on the BL2 engine, I am confident It'll run fine on my 6 year old gaming PC.

I'm still waiting for the endgame fixes, the recent UVHM and reset updates are getting there, but the bosses and loot pools are still pretty much a mess. But, if we're basing on playtime, I'd say I've got my money out of the SP already am looking forward to whatever this 5.8GB campaign DLC is plus another character.

I don't feel bad for those who bought the season pass. It's been steadily adding to the game.
I know if I bought it I'd be disappointed with what they've released so far...an extra character and a dome/level upgrade would leave me a little miffed.

Edit: Borderlands are some damn addicting games though. My runthrough of BL2 with a Siren this past fall had me basically playing it from the time I got up until I went to sleep.

Might and Magic X Legacy - Digital Deluxe Edition is 80% off for $5.99 at Mac Game Store. It comes with a Steam key that will give you access to both the Mac and Windows versions. The Deluxe edition includes the DLC and M&M VI also.

This is the lowest it has gone to date by a little bit AFAIK. The previous low I believe was 75% off / $7.49. It's also the only way to get Might & Magic VI on Steam at present.
Sorry for the delay. I think you can still use the coupon code promo 5% off extra: macgames5off

I know exactly what I was thinking: I have over 400 hours between Borderlands 1 & 2. I firmly believe that 2K will deliver the experience I'm expecting, and, being based on the BL2 engine, I am confident It'll run fine on my 6 year old gaming PC.
And has it lived up to these expectations?

I loved BL2 and the DLC. I'm debating now between the dueling Nuuvem deals: BL presequel vs. Shadow of Mordor

Because...

crapcom.jpg
Fix'd

Getting an error when trying to make purchases, just because I wanted Revengeance for 5 bucks.

Opened a ticket but I doubt it will be fixed in less than 2 hours which is when the deal ends.

Great.

Another regional pricing alert: Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel

UK

£ 29.99 £ 14.99

US to UK

$ 59.99 $ 29.99 » £ 19.17 (+27.89%)

EU to UK

€ 49.99 € 24.99 » £ 19.61 (+30.82%)
It's like 2011 again.

Has anybody mentioned the Flying Winter Bundle? Minimum $2.00 for:

• BlackSoul: Extended Edition (Steam)
  • Chilie (Desura)
  • Love (Desura, Steam)
  • Royal Defense (Steam)
  • Shadows of War (Desura)
  • Swipecart (Steam)
  • *Mystery Game*
If it was already talked about then keep that knowledge to yourself, so as to make me still feel like I'm doing something worthwhile (even though the bundle is fairly weak).

I bought it. Really wanted that Chilie game. It seems, um, unique? Sort of like Telltale meets Frenchime.

I didn't have Royal Defense either and it's Big Fishy so that was an easy yes. Cards actually sold for halfway decent prices (ie not 10 cents) too.

Didn't have Shadows of War on Desura. Not too interested but it might end up a +1 on Steam one day.

I had Black Soul, Love and Swipecart and they're all kind of crap but I'm not too fussed over $2 for this bundle overall, which I get is heresy at a place where people pick apart $1 bundles but eh.

For all the AC4 fans out there...

So, what's the best way to go, in terms of both value + content?

AC4: Gold Edition?

AC4 base-game + Season Pass?

AC4 base-game + Freedom Cry DLC?

Is there anything else worthwhile in Season Pass besides Freedom Cry?

In Gold - seems like Avelline + Freedom Cry content might be the real worthwhile things there. Anything else worthwhile in Gold?
go for Gold. it is NA exclusive and is the most complete.

fuck it, Im gonna buy Amazing Spider-Man 2.

It really sucks that the idiot voters didn't give it the extra discount. But it's only an additional $4.5 because it lost the vote. I definitly would have bought it at 66% off, so I'm paying an extra $4.50 to insure that I don't miss out in case it gets yanked from the store. I've done dumber things.

Still...rot in hell Hack n Slash voters.

I am so confused. Yesterday I was looking at using my last card moneys to buy hammerwatch and this morning when I jumped back on to buy it, it now says its in my library. What in the world?

For all the AC4 fans out there...

So, what's the best way to go, in terms of both value + content?
if $5 more isn't a big deal i'd say gold. Base game for me was around 40 hours, freedom cry was around 5 hours, aveline was under an hour. So from a pure game/$ ratio just the base game for $10 is the best deal. The only other things the gold adds is some multiplayer crap, like costumes and pistols and stuff. Nothing content wise that is special (maybe an extra island with some treasure chests, not really content).

I'd say the only two choices though are base or gold, I wouldn't bother buying the base + freedom cry since for basically the same price you can get gold and a ton more stuff.

Can't, I'm from Brazil and amazon only sells to US. I'll ask a friend to buy it for me, easier.
Nuuvem is going to have the game for R$12,49 on the 26th. If you can wait a few days, you can just grab it from there.

Edit:

Oh no, did Tebow get banned again? :(

fuck it, Im gonna buy Amazing Spider-Man 2.

It really sucks that the idiot voters didn't give it the extra discount. But it's only an additional $4.5 because it lost the vote. I definitly would have bought it at 66% off, so I'm paying an extra $4.50 to insure that I don't miss out in case it gets yanked from the store. I've done dumber things.

Still...rot in hell Hack n Slash voters.
I thought about buying Neverending Nightmares anyways, but then I realized I shouldn't reward Steam for having such a stupid overall userbase.

So Steam's acting goofy.

I just bought BL pre-sequel and Shadows of Mordor from Nuuvem, and almost had chest pain when I got an error message from steam after entering the keys and it wouldn't let me activate them.  However, I restarted steam and both games were in my library and are now downloading.

The sale doesn't show for me either, but it does on my fiancee's computer.

Votes are for BulletStorm, Cities XL, Panzer Corps.

Daily's:

Rise of Nations Extended (-50%, $9.99)

Stronghold Crusader (-10%...)

Prison Architect (-66%, $10.19)

Vanishing of Ethan Carter (-20%, $15.99)

Europa IV (-50%, $19.99)

Metro 2033 Redux (-25%, $18.74)

Binding of Issac: Rebirth (-25%, $11.24)

NBA 2K15 (-17%, $49.79)

7 Days to Die (-30%, $17.49)

12 hour:

War in the North (-60%, $7.99)

Golf Club (-30%, $24.49)

Risk of Rain (-33%, $6.69)

Trine 2 Complete (-85%, $2.99)

Mass Defect 2 (-0%, $19.99)

Dreamfall Chapters (-15%, $25.49)

Status
Not open for further replies.