Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deponia: The Complete Journey is out and includes all three games as well as a bunch of new extras like commentary and behind the scenes stuff.

It's $39.99 and 30% off for each game in the series that you already own, though it looks like the loyalty discount will go away in two months. Owners of all 3 can upgrade for $3.99. I don't know if they can buy it as a gift at that price or not. edit: It appears that you can. Good for anyone who wants the series cheap and hasn't kept up with the bundles.
I don't own any of the Deponia games but am interested. If I don't own any of them are you saying that someone who does could potentially give me the entire collection for $3.99 or do you need to at least own some of the collection already?

I don't own any of the Deponia games but am interested. If I don't own any of them are you saying that someone who does could potentially give me the entire collection for $3.99 or do you need to at least own some of the collection already?
Correct. Someone, like plft, with all of the games can buy it as a gift for $3.99 and send it to you. You don't need any of it yourself.

edit: Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter) is out now and was bundled. It's a separate entry and has trading cards.

If I didn't already own the first two Deponia games, I'd take someone up on the Complete Journey for $3.99. I think it'd be kind of a waste add a complete pack on my own account if it doesn't give me extra copies of the two I already own. I could probably put it on an alt account that doesn't have any of them then family share it, so my own account can play it, but it seems like too much effort just to be able to play the third game without wasting the other two games.

Someone on the discussion boards for the Complete Journey thinks being able to buy multiple copies at 90% off might be an oversight, so if you're looking to get it cheap from someone else, better to do it sooner in case they fix it.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like this only adds one entry to your library instead of three separate games.

Deponia: The Complete Journey is out and includes all three games as well as a bunch of new extras like commentary and behind the scenes stuff.

It's $39.99 and 30% off for each game in the series that you already own, though it looks like the loyalty discount will go away in two months. Owners of all 3 can upgrade for $3.99. I don't know if they can buy it as a gift at that price or not. edit: It appears that you can. Good for anyone who wants the series cheap and hasn't kept up with the bundles.
Not sure how I missed out on these being in bundles... but now the waiting begins for 75% off. :whistle2:

Edit: Didn't see the gift thing... if anybody can purchase me a gift copy for $3.99, I have paypal. or a $5 amazon card.

Done. Thanks again, plft. :D/

Caved, bought Praetorians. I figure if it does get keys, then it's tradeable. If it gets into a cheap bundle...oh well.
tumblr_lnw2o8U7ND1qktqch.gif
Thanks for BundleStars!

It's a $1.29 for a taco here, that is way overpriced for what Taco Bell is. At $0.99 they were okay value, but the prices keep going up, and I've just stopped going. Wish there was a Del Taco nearby for that fake taco craving =/ (since they're cheap, and didn't make their hot sauce weaker).
Your choice of "restaurant" is awful, addressing the hotsauce... just carry a small bottle of

tapatio1-iamcjay.jpg

But if a place doesn't have Tapatio, it probably isn't worth eating at.

thanks buddy, daughter is gonna love the game looks gorgeous!
I've read some complaints about the portrayal of the female character and women in general in Deponia but then it's a German game so that seems to be par for the course.

If you search Deponia sexist a bunch of hits come up. Some from sone pretty high profile sites too.

So those Daedalic jackasses never bundled Goodbye Deponia and now they're selling it in a separate bundle. Of course.

I'd like to get the collection somehow. From a Russian. :p

Meh, makes me kinda regret grabbing the Bioshock Triple Pack for $10 during the Summer Sale, and all the XCOM games from GMG (though not really, since my credit got wiped anyways).

Considering Spec Ops, Darkness or Mafia 2 never hit my price point, figure it's a good enough bundle. :)

I've read some complaints about the portrayal of the female character and women in general in Deponia but then it's a German game so that seems to be par for the course.

If you search Deponia sexist a bunch of hits come up. Some from sone pretty high profile sites too.
Deponia is loaded with casual, unthinking misogyny of the teenage boy "my ideal woman deals with my bullshit and babies me" variety.

In a sense it's about the most blatant and least systemic sexism around - the kind someone might naturally grow out of as they mature, so I've found it easier to tolerate than more malevolent fare.

Basically, you will notice it, you will groan, and you will wish it wasn't there, but it will hardly make your blood boil, because it's pretty damn stupid. You're mostly left wondering how somebody can write those moments and function properly in society, and feel a little sad for their ineptitude.

LOL@ 2k humble bundle.
Anyone have predictions for the second week additions to the bundle? DLC? Borderlands? Other games? I own everything in the bundle currently except Darkness 2, so I'll be in for a buck for that. Kind of hoping to not want to have to go to the higher tier to end up having to buy more games I already own.

I was going to buy it for $2 during the sale but after playing the demo.. the MC is just unbearable.  And I've dealt with some real a-hole MCs in these point and click adventures.

Anyone have predictions for the second week additions to the bundle? DLC? Borderlands? Other games? I own everything in the bundle currently except Darkness 2, so I'll be in for a buck for that. Kind of hoping to not want to have to go to the higher tier to end up having to buy more games I already own.
I suggest paying $1 now, and then beating your locked in average next week depending on what the new games are. There's no penalty for not beating the average right away.

Guys, really, if you're gonna drop Humble links, send them to your own email and post those links. They let everyone see who takes what, and allows the opportunity to single out and ridicule lurker scum.

You forgot to save me one of those free games.

Speaking of free games, anyone interested in a copy of Gun Monkeys?
I am, being the crappy newbie that I am, somehow I don't have it yet.

Edit: Although it worked to my advantage with this 2K bundle, since I'm like the only person who didn't have any of those games yet on Steam. Of course my wife already emailed me sarcastically complaining...

Edit: Although it worked to my advance with this 2K bundle, since I'm like the only person who didn't have any of those games yet on Steam. Of course my wife already emailed me sarcastically complaining...
I actually don't own any of those games, period.

...problem is I don't really want any of them.

Edit: Although it worked to my advantage with this 2K bundle, since I'm like the only person who didn't have any of those games yet on Steam. Of course my wife already emailed me sarcastically complaining...
Awesome, been trying to find a home for this code ever since indef sent it to me a month ago.

You may be a crappy newbie but at least you set up a custom avatar, so you got that going for ya.

So, I'm guessing no one else got the e-mail, but apparently people who have bought a VODO bundle before can buy the new bundle a day in advance (today).

Which also means I can announce the new bundle before it drops tomorrow. Too bad it's not so good. :p

VODO: Farout Bundle (Supporting Cowalition: a charity that donates cows in Cambodia)

Pay-What-You-Want-Tier (Originally $2.50 this morning):

Welcome to Forest Island (eGraphic Novel)

Happy Birthday Cindy Wei (Movie)

Vienna Waits For You (Movie)

Pouters (Movie)

Ampu-Tea (Game/Steam)

This Is Vanity (Movie)

$6.50-Tier

Troll King (eGraphic Novel)

El Sol (Movie)

Second Sight (Movie)

Suburban Legends (eGraphic Novel)

Q.U.B.E. (Game/Steam, does NOT say it's the Director's Cut anywhere)

Tight & Zoned EP (Music)

Aether Magazine (eMagazine)

$13.50-Tier

Cubetractor (Game/Steam)

Dustforce (Game/Steam)

Freeze Puppy (Music)

Suffice to say, you should probably not get the $13.50-tier. You can make an argument for the $6.50-tier, if the non-game stuff is worth it to you though.

Awesome, been trying to find a home for this code ever since indef sent it to me a month ago.
I think I saw you post about it before, but I was under self-imposed one freebie a day restriction... which I just violated.

I'll be sure to infect give it to someone once my account gets in "good standing".
And yes, I am appreciative and was happy to see it has cards :)

Cancer The gift that keeps on giving has been delivered.
Gee, thanks. Now I'm going to have to play it and do a MysterD style review. :joystick:

Anyways, the Humble 2K Bundle has sold over 45,000 so far and that ticker is moving pretty fast...

Deponia is loaded with casual, unthinking misogyny of the teenage boy "my ideal woman deals with my bullshit and babies me" variety.

In a sense it's about the most blatant and least systemic sexism around - the kind someone might naturally grow out of as they mature, so I've found it easier to tolerate than more malevolent fare.
Basically, you will notice it, you will groan, and you will wish it wasn't there, but it will hardly make your blood boil, because it's pretty damn stupid. You're mostly left wondering how somebody can write those moments and function properly in society, and feel a little sad for their ineptitude.
That's kind of how I felt about Risen 2 (also German). Oh Patty I'm going to make you work in the kitchen because you're a girl. Tee hee.

Even the racist stuff is more immature eyerolly than malice. It's like if a teenage white kid was asked to portray black people when he never met any in person but saw Shaka Zulu or read a National Geographic mag once.

I was left with a similar sort of I can't really attribute malice to it and the game is dumb fun if you roll your eyes and look past it but I wonder how the people who made it function in society feeling.

It seems the German gaming industry may be divided between immature stereotyping action adventure and paint drying simulators.

New Releases:

Action Henk! ($9.99) (early access)

Mousecraft

Habitat(early access)

Robocraft(f2p) (early access)

A New Reckoning(early access)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back