Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo, got me a deponia. :D

Thanks for explaining the tour of duty thing. I rarely bother with trading stuff and I don't play TF2 at all so I didn't have  a clue.

Waits for Uncle Gabe's heart to grow three sizes and give it out for free.

It happened once man! Left 4 Dead 2. 12/25. Never forget.
Sorry to burst your hopes, but it isn't Valve game and Gabe has no control over it.

well they(telltale) gave it free on that random website some months ago.

I remember when Telltale was cool and almost like an indie dev in their involvement with the community. Those were the days.

Anyway I just told Daedalic to go fuck itself and got Deponia Complete for a key from someone in Kazakhstan. I wanted to ask him if he saw Strider outside his house, but I need to go to bed, so.

I hate making one of these posts in the wrong thread, but I'd totally Paypal the four bucks to someone who can gift the Deponia complete package. I'm only missing the third, but I'd complete the set with commentary at that price.

I remember when Telltale was cool and almost like an indie dev in their involvement with the community. Those were the days.

I was one of the CAGs who won Tales of Monkey Island through their photo contest way back when. I miss those days.

Nobody should be appreciating Taco Bell for anything more than a laxative.
I have never gotten diarrhea from Taco Bell. KFC, on the other hand... every single time.

Wish there was a Del Taco nearby for that fake taco craving =/ (since they're cheap, and didn't make their hot sauce weaker).
Del Taco, when I feel like communicating each component of what I'm eating Subway style multiple times to an employee who seemingly has a hearing disability, all for a plate of the blandest Mexican food around. But I'm saving $1! Take that capitalism!

I suggest paying $1 now, and then beating your locked in average next week depending on what the new games are. There's no penalty for not beating the average right away.
You can lock it in for a penny too. Also beware that once it's locked in, even if the BTA goes DOWN, you'll be locked in at that higher price. I don't think the BTA is going down on this one, but yeah.

So yes, all QUBE keys include the DC.
Observe the power of bitching, children.

giphy.gif

Do you not feel hypocritical generalizing a country of people as "people who stereotype?"
Are you telling us we can't stereotype stereotypers? Where is the equality?

tumblr_m730v2Pvj81rugtvpo1_400.gif

Look for help and get threatened to be banned. Nice. Love this place.
I would just like to interject that Mr. Rosalina =/= "this place". See below:

fuck ing console peasants in the Steam Thread

I hate making one of these posts in the wrong thread, but I'd totally Paypal the four bucks to someone who can gift the Deponia complete package. I'm only missing the third, but I'd complete the set with commentary at that price.
I'll do that. Make myself $0.50 and clean out some of my Steam wallet. :whistle2:$

Was sleeping all day after 4 back to back 14 hour shifts. So what'd I miss?

Oh yeah, Deponia, add me to the list off beggers with $4 paypal.

Also, bundle in a box, don't think I bought one, but what email address do they use to send out receipts?

Was sleeping all day after 4 back to back 14 hour shifts. So what'd I miss?

Oh yeah, Deponia, add me to the list off beggers with $4 paypal.

Also, bundle in a box, don't think I bought one, but what email address do they use to send out receipts?
You can easily get Deponia for ~$3.50 Steam wallet if you buy a Mann Co key + a TOD ticket and trade those with someone on SteamTrades.

I use Uncle Gabe as a proxy term, kind of like Santa Clause being your parents buying you gifts.

the fuck you talking about!?!

Maybe your parents had to buy you gifts cause Santa thought you were an asshole. Santa brings me stuff every year. Maybe you should leave some milk and cookies out like I do every year! Maybe you should shut your mouth cause Santa's real and no it doesn't matter that I don't have a chimney! Just shut up! SHUT UP! Not listening, I'm not listening!

the fuck you talking about!?!

Maybe your parents had to buy you gifts cause Santa thought you were an asshole. Santa brings me stuff every year. Maybe you should leave some milk and cookies out like I do every year! Maybe you should shut your mouth cause Santa's real and no it doesn't matter that I don't have a chimney! Just shut up! SHUT UP! Not listening, I'm not listening!
It's cool, man, it's cool! He's talking about Santa Clause. Completely different guy! Santa Claus is totally real.

Next April 1st Steam will host a "It's A Trap" sale.  There will be Community, Flash and Daily Deals.  The only catch will be that every game is a F2P.  The great thing is people will still spend absurd amounts of money because "Sale Cards".

[attachment=6469:It's A Trap.jpg]

Just because it's adorable.

[attachment=6470:Meownth.jpg]

I am a virgin (haha, makes jokes now) Magic player. My friend purchased Magic 2015, and I've been wanting to learn how to play/be able to play video games in general with said friend. Is Magic 2015 something I should consider? I'm beginning to look at videos online about the game itself, but I feel like it may be too voyeuristic of a purchase for me. Any help? 

Also, is the complete edition worth it? There are lots of card sets, but I have no idea what they mean.

You can lock it in for a penny too. Also beware that once it's locked in, even if the BTA goes DOWN, you'll be locked in at that higher price. I don't think the BTA is going down on this one, but yeah.
Yeah, but I figured he was at least interested in the $1-tier, but didn't wanna BTA 'till later.

Strange Day

A Humble Bundle launched and I owned everything in it.

A BundleStars bundle launched and I owned nothing in it.
I'm a bit scared that I owned games from that BundleStars bundle but you didn't. (InFlux was in a Blink Bundle, and Mount + Blade: Fire & Sword was in my first Gala Weekly).

I am a virgin (haha, makes jokes now) Magic player. My friend purchased Magic 2015, and I've been wanting to learn how to play/be able to play video games in general with said friend. Is Magic 2015 something I should consider? I'm beginning to look at videos online about the game itself, but I feel like it may be too voyeuristic of a purchase for me. Any help?

Also, is the complete edition worth it? There are lots of card sets, but I have no idea what they mean.
If it anything like the 2014 edition, and from first glance it looks like it, then I would not recommend buying the complete edition.

Making the assumption that the 2015 edition is like 2014, then buying the complete edition will grant you decks that you normally would unlock via the campaign as well as give you "foil" cards. So, unless you just want to play online and not touch campaign I wouldn't even consider the complete edition.

As for being new to the game, I am too and have only played for about 10-15 hours via the video game and the actual game. It's really fun and enjoyable. If you are new to those types of games however, I recommend Hearthstone to get your feet wet. Hearthstone really helped me learn to strategize and what not in Magic.

And last but not least, if you are not going to play Magic right now I would wait for a sale. Magic 2014 has been on sale twice in the past few month for $2.50 for the base and like $5 for the gold, and $10 for the Gold Complete iirc. I understand you want 2015, but if 2014 goes on sale then you and your friend could pick up the base game for $2.50 a piece. And Magic doesn't really change from year to year that much from what I have heard.

I'm a bit scared that I owned games from that BundleStars bundle but you didn't. (InFlux was in a Blink Bundle, and Mount + Blade: Fire & Sword was in my first Gala Weekly).
I don't buy every damn bundle they wave in my face. I never bought a blink bundle and the IG weeklies are hit-or-miss. I'm quite particular about what I buy. A bundle needs to have at least one or two games I actually want. The dollar value of a bundle is then solely evaluated based on the games I want. A one dollar bundle with nothing I want is a pass.

And no, M&B: Fire & Sword is not a game I actually want. In contrast I snapped up the IG Monday bundle for Blade Symphony.

I'm more of a casual magic player. I've played the card game (3rd & 4th editions...kinda old) and all of the DOTP yearly installments since they came out. With that said I've enjoyed each release so far and have felt like the game does a good job of showing you the ropes. I even got a friend hooked onto the series and he never played before the 2012 version or so. He's learned how to play and has picked up each release since then. Having someone familiar with the game will be a big help since they can explain the strategies and stuff the game can't really teach you.

As far as which edition to get, from what I understand the complete edition just unlocks cards you can get from grinding against the AI and gives you foils which is just a visual effect. Personally I'd just get the base edition (I normally wait until they hit around $5), but that would be up to you and if you felt like doing the grind. Considering your on the fence about the whole thing $10 isn't bad to try it out and see if you like it. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer "upgrades" to the other editions anyway (unless they don't like money...), so I imagine you'd be able to fork out the extra money later.

Between getting 2015 or 2014, it's possible that 2014 could go cheap again. I don't think they do that too often with prior versions, but you never know. It's all really the same game and you could learn on either. The good thing about the old versions is that it'll have pre-made decks which is pretty noob friendly since you don't need to mess with creating a deck. The bad part is that your friend may be sick of that version and will want to play 2015 instead...

If it anything like the 2014 edition, and from first glance it looks like it, then I would not recommend buying the complete edition.

Making the assumption that the 2015 edition is like 2014, then buying the complete edition will grant you decks that you normally would unlock via the campaign as well as give you "foil" cards. So, unless you just want to play online and not touch campaign I wouldn't even consider the complete edition.

As for being new to the game, I am too and have only played for about 10-15 hours via the video game and the actual game. It's really fun and enjoyable. If you are new to those types of games however, I recommend Hearthstone to get your feet wet. Hearthstone really helped me learn to strategize and what not in Magic.

And last but not least, if you are not going to play Magic right now I would wait for a sale. Magic 2014 has been on sale twice in the past few month for $2.50 for the base and like $5 for the gold, and $10 for the Gold Complete iirc. I understand you want 2015, but if 2014 goes on sale then you and your friend could pick up the base game for $2.50 a piece. And Magic doesn't really change from year to year that much from what I have heard.
The only card game I've ever gotten into is Yu-gi-oh. I'd consider myself advanced (as of 2013 format, took a break b/c of Dragon Rulers). If this is a completely different style of card game, then I guess my feet aren't wet at all.

I have noticed the crazy low sales on the 2014 editions, AS WELL as the loads of ridiculous "DLC." But you point out something great, I can get one of the previous editions. Even if my friend isn't willing to shell out the cash for a copy of his own, I certainly could.

At my heart, I think I get Steam games cheap, and 8 bucks feels like too much. I actually set up family sharing with him today (for him to get my games), so I'm sure he'd let me get in on his copy of Magic to at least play for a couple hours.

Thanks for the reply. Watched some videos, and although it looks cool, I LOVE your recommendation of getting another edition. I can even wait for a price drop, with bonus packs discount included, as I perhaps enjoy the older titles. Thanks.

Other commentary more than welcome! But you sir, deserve a cookie. Have six!
016.jpg

"The bad part is that your friend may be sick of that version and will want to play 2015 instead..."

Sorry to cut out so much of your post. Appreciate all of it. But I'd like to say that he just started last week himself. Haha.

<snip>

The good thing about the old versions is that it'll have pre-made decks which is pretty noob friendly since you don't need to mess with creating a deck. The bad part is that your friend may be sick of that version and will want to play 2015 instead...
On the other hand, to me, even as a new guy to the franchise (started a few months ago) I wanted the ability to build my own deck. It would have allowed me to get my feet wet and try out how things work together. That is my one complaint about Magic 2014, I wish I could build my own deck. And I hope 2015 goes on sale fairly soon (like winter sale maybe) for 5 bucks. I'll probably pick it up then.

EDIT:

<snip>
Other commentary more than welcome! But you sir, deserve a cookie. Have six!
<delicious_looking_cookies.jpg>
Lol, happy to help. And on a side note those cookies look really well done and.... now I want a cookie before I go back to bed. THANKS! :p

Can someone go through the last two Steam threads and count how many times people have asked "I'm new to Magic, should I buy it/which version should I buy/what alternatives of the game are there/what's up with the sealed decks/etc etc etc?"

For real, it's like the new "When is the Summer Sale starting?" question we all used to joke about.

Can someone go through the last two Steam threads and count how many times people have asked "I'm new to Magic, should I buy it/which version should I buy/what alternatives of the game are there/what's up with the sealed decks/etc etc etc?"

For real, it's like the new "When is the Summer Sale starting?" question we all used to joke about.
U Mad, Bro?

I have never gotten diarrhea from Taco Bell. KFC, on the other hand... every single time.

Del Taco, when I feel like communicating each component of what I'm eating Subway style multiple times to an employee who seemingly has a hearing disability, all for a plate of the blandest Mexican food around. But I'm saving $1! Take that capitalism!
I'm cheap, so much rather get blandest fake Mexican food for $1 cheaper then go to Taco Bell and get blandest fake Mexican food.

Also never had any issue with communication at Del Taco or Taco Bell.

(when I'm being really cheap, I just make them at home.)

the market, dumbass

or you can buy them from shady key dealers .....but that usually requires you buying 10-20 at a time
Eh, there are a lot of those dealers out there. But my first (and only) two deals over on Sourceop were whatever amount of keys I wanted. 1.75 and 1.80, respectively. Just bought around 4 keys for Skullgirls. (All other keys I've gotten were cut deals). Maybe I was lucky?

But if you're looking for ease or have some Steam wallet to get rid of and don't care about the highest savings possible, market all the way.

I don't buy every damn bundle they wave in my face. I never bought a blink bundle and the IG weeklies are hit-or-miss. I'm quite particular about what I buy. A bundle needs to have at least one or two games I actually want. The dollar value of a bundle is then solely evaluated based on the games I want. A one dollar bundle with nothing I want is a pass.

And no, M&B: Fire & Sword is not a game I actually want. In contrast I snapped up the IG Monday bundle for Blade Symphony.
That's why I was scared. I probably should be more selective about what bundles I buy. :wall:

But tbh, there were games in the Blink Bundle I wanted to play, and I thought the M+B series was full of good games as opposed to just Warband. Regarding Mount and Blade, I was wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back