Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily Deal
Ys Origin - $19.99 $4.99
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - $14.99 $3.74
Ys Chronicles I & II - $14.99 $3.74
I remember a lot of people asking for these to show up during the summer sale.

I guess they were waiting to do a sale when they were more in the spotlight?

Haha, never mind then. I just merged those together somehow. Carry on.
I'm out of likes, so *LIKE*.

But yeah I noticed that lilhashashin guy lurk quite a few humble links yesterday too. :shame:
All the more reason for public humiliation?

I doubt it, XSEED doesn't seem the type to do bundles.
I agree with this. The only place I'd ever expect them to end up is Humble, but seeing as not even Squeenix has shown up there yet and they sell their games at the Humble Store, it'd probably be ages from now.

Besides, I'd like for more of their catalog to come to Steam, maybe good sales on the Ys series will make this happen.

I remember a lot of people asking for these to show up during the summer sale.

I guess they were waiting to do a sale when they were more in the spotlight?
Eh, steam always has some decent bargains right after steam sale. Usually most of the stuff that got passed over in the flash votes. I can't recall if there was anything else I was really looking forward to :whistle2:k .

Also, I'll echo Spoder's vote towards the Y's games. I've only played Origin, but I had a blast doing so, and I still have two other characters to play it through with.

73be4dddac9034f7c74c4634f18c4e14.jpg

In the last couple of pages, people have been talk about getting the Deponia collection for $3.99. But on Steam the price is $39.99. What am I missing? How are people getting it for 90% off?

Super Lemonade Factory keys are up on indiegamestand now!

New Releases

Super Lemonade Factory

4PM

Whispering Willows($10.04)

Zoo Rampage($8.99)

Terrain Saga: KR-17($3.99)

Black Ice(early access) ($9.99)

WARMACHINE: Tatics(early access) ($64.99)

So... if one were to buy only one of the Ys games, on what should I spend card money?
Origin provides the most gameplay and is more unique fighting wise as there are three different characters you can play as (one is unlocked by beating the game once). None of which are the main character of the series and provides a bit of background to the whole series as well. You're also scaling a tower the entire story, but the layout is pretty varied. It's also a PC-only exclusive.

Felghana is a good and solid remake. It's more challenging, but you only get to play as Adol. You'll be jumping from dungeon to dungeon and it's a bit more varied, but doesn't have as much length/gameplay to it as Origin. It's the third game in the series if I remember correctly.

Chronicles you should skip if you're only choosing one or two. It's very old school where you run into enemies to damage them as opposed to actually fighting. They're fairly short too and only worth picking up if you don't mind older style games or want to actually see more of his journey through the world.

Basically, I recommend Origin if you're only going to buy one. Then Felghana, followed by Chronicles if you're kinda interested in the overarching story. They can be played out of order without much issue as each game is its own storyline.

$64.99 for an early access game? Is this real life?
Honestly, it's not unheard of. It's good that they put it behind the pay wall that the kickstarter backers paid to be able to access alpha/beta so it helps legitimize the backers price point that they paid. Otherwise it would be shitting on people who backed at that price point solely to play the game through development.

However, the game is going to have micro-transactions to purchase individual units. Sooooooo, fuck that shit. Can't say how it'll be once it finally releases and may not actually be that bad, but I'm not into games where I have to pay to unlock individual units. I'd probably hold a difference stance if they actually said they were releasing actual expansions of content after the game was released. Of course there's a much bigger discussion to be had regarding this type of thing but I'm too lazy to go into it.

It might be that they're trying to copy tabletop monetizations you have with the physical counterparts, but no. Just no.

I just got a real sexy foil card from Real Boxing. Only me and one other guy have it. I wonder how much I could get from this one

107px-Real_Boxing_Card_04_Foil.png

Origin provides the most gameplay and is more unique fighting wise as there are three different characters you can play as (one is unlocked by beating the game once). None of which are the main character of the series and provides a bit of background to the whole series as well. You're also scaling a tower the entire story, but the layout is pretty varied. It's also a PC-only exclusive.

Felghana is a good and solid remake. It's more challenging, but you only get to play as Adol. You'll be jumping from dungeon to dungeon and it's a bit more varied, but doesn't have as much length/gameplay to it as Origin. It's the third game in the series if I remember correctly.

Chronicles you should skip if you're only choosing one or two. It's very old school where you run into enemies to damage them as opposed to actually fighting. They're fairly short too and only worth picking up if you don't mind older style games or want to actually see more of his journey through the world.

Basically, I recommend Origin if you're only going to buy one. Then Felghana, followed by Chronicles if you're kinda interested in the overarching story. They can be played out of order without much issue as each game is its own storyline.
Just a note... Origin spoils the real identity of Ys 1+2's villain and the identity of the two blue-haired girls in Ys 1. Story-wise it has nothing to connect it to Adol's adventures other than those two girls and some characters being the descendants of some of Origin's cast.

(Trying to avoid spoilers when the game's description spoils their identities, bleh.)

Just a note... Origin spoils the real identity of Ys 1+2's villain and the identity of the two blue-haired girls in Ys 1. Story-wise it has nothing to connect it to Adol's adventures other than those two girls and some characters being the descendants of some of Origin's cast.

(Trying to avoid spoilers when the game's description spoils their identities, bleh.)
Yeah, it's more of an origin story to a bunch of story stuff that isn't directly related to Adol. I probably should have been clear about that. As for the Chronicles spoiler by playing Origin, it's true for several other Ys games too. By the time I actually played Ys 1 & 2, I already knew who they (the girls) were from other games in the series. I feel it didn't really do much to spoil the story of Chronicles. They're more self contained stories in my opinion that don't harm another by completing it out of order in my opinion, but Origin would be the closest to breaking that.

Chronicles was pretty vague about a lot of things though. Most likely because it was originally created over two decades ago and the remake didn't do much to update the game itself. Pretty much the main reason why I don't put it higher in recommendations.

One of those weird things you wouldn't be sure how to pronounce it unless you've heard it. For everybody else confused, it's pronounced as "Wise" essentially.
"Wise" should be the obvious 'just going to take a guess' pronunciation anyway, imo: multiple of the letter Y. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back