Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know how long the cooldown is after Steam decides you're activating too many codes at once? Slightly related, Bundle Stars needs to get with the times and make it possible to activate Steam games with one button.

Does anybody know how long the cooldown is after Steam decides you're activating too many codes at once? Slightly related, Bundle Stars needs to get with the times and make it possible to activate Steam games with one button.
I'm fairly sure it's only 10 minutes or so for the first time. If you're hitting that limit often, I think that the timeout increases each time.

EDIT: DEAD. Coinbase ended linking promotion.

Too cheap to pay $1 for a bundle? No longer a problem, You can get any $1 bundle free*.

Short: Make Coinbase account. They currently give $1 in BTC for linking facebook.

* Must be able to pay with bitcoin. Humble, IG, and Groupees allow bitcoins.

5:54 - Madjoki: lol someone figured way to get free $1 humble bundles http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/emoticon/D
5:54 - Wagglesworth: where?
5:55 - Madjoki: http://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGameFindings/comments/2a9za6/steam_game_bioshock_the_bureau_xcom_declassified
5:56 - Wagglesworth: huh. Could't this theoretically work with any Humble, now?
5:56 - Madjoki: yeah

5:56 - Wagglesworth: awesome
5:57 - Madjoki: tried with weekly
5:57 - Madjoki: worked
5:57 - Wagglesworth: Dunno how coinbase works, but think I could use the gmail trick of adding a period?
5:58 - Wagglesworth: I'm just gonna do it and find out
5:59 - Wagglesworth: Guess I'll have to make a bunch of new facebook accounts.
6:05 - Wagglesworth: Cool, I got the weekly, too. We'll see if the same trick works tomorrow on the new weekly.
6:07 - Madjoki: hopefully
6:08 - Wagglesworth: Yeah, this could be a great exploit. Unless, of course, Humble gets wise to multiple Bitcoin accounts being used on a single Humble account.
6:08 - Madjoki: gifts?
6:10 - Wagglesworth: I suppose that'd work. Can different payment methods be used on a single order? I assumed I'd use this to lock in a $1 and pay the rest of a bta with Paypal or something.
6:10 - Madjoki: yes

6:10 - Madjoki: have done it
6:10 - Wagglesworth: Can you upgrade gifts, too?
6:10 - Madjoki: no
6:11 - Madjoki: made second account, now ready to weekly change
6:11 - Madjoki: there shouldn't be major changes in bitcoin value, but even free 0.98 is better then paying whole $1
6:12 - Wagglesworth: Oh, yeah. I'm more worried about Humble trying something to stop it, should it become too common.
6:12 - Madjoki: would they care? they get money either way
6:13 - Wagglesworth: I dunno. I imagine they wouldn't be happy about the exploitation, regardless of which company feels it more. My worry only comes because they have the ability to do something.
6:14 - Wagglesworth: But I suppose ot would be more of a problem for Bitcoin
6:14 - BobbyTastic: I posted the end of my Playfire saga
6:14 - Wagglesworth: Like I care what they think
6:14 - BobbyTastic: In case anyone cares, lol
6:14 - Wagglesworth: What now?
6:14 - Madjoki: More like Coinbase. Bitcoin really doesn't care how anyone uses it.
6:15 - Wagglesworth: Right, coinbase, whatever it is.
6:15 - Madjoki: Doesn't groupees & indie gala accept bitcoin too?
6:16 - Wagglesworth: Gonna be rolling in the humble links on trade forums if this exploit sticks around, though.
6:16 - Wagglesworth: I hope so.
6:16 - Madjoki: yeah they do
6:16 - Madjoki: this is serious shit
6:16 - Wagglesworth: Are bitcoin anc coinbase the same thing?
6:16 - Madjoki: no
6:17 - Madjoki: Bitcoin is P2P money.
6:17 - Madjoki: Coinbase is just one site supporting payments with it
6:17 - Wagglesworth: Oh. I don't see a coinbase option on Groupees, unless I'm missing it. Gala does it, though?
6:18 - Madjoki: its B on right. (generic bitcoin logo)
6:19 - Wagglesworth: I thought that wasn't the same thing?
6:19 - Madjoki: you can pay on any site using bitcoins using any provider
6:20 - Wagglesworth: So coinbase and Bitcoin use the same currency, or whatever it is? Cool.
6:20 - Madjoki: yes
6:20 - Wagglesworth: Neat. I might need Pretentious Game.
6:20 - Madjoki: groupees & ig use coinbase, but there are others too (don't remember by name thought)
6:22 - Wagglesworth: Guess I'll make a new spam gmail to use on coinwhatever. don't want to flood my usual spam gmail with new facebook account crap :p

Prices fluctuates a lot. I received mine $1.00 and it turned to be $0.99 in a couple of minutes, damn my luck.

b4udrd.jpg

2e2hwfs.jpg

One of the most wonderful benefits to being able to read Japanese characters is never having to wonder how to pronounce nonsensical game titles.

Yes, it's pronounced "ees"

So speaking of furries, this just popped up on Steam.

JthUqZ1.jpg
C'mon though, ears and a tail is fine and standard fare for Japanese stuff. I actually like it a bit. The furry shit in Gender Bender Extreme... no.

Not the same thing. Not at all.

Maybe it would have been better to play them in the order they were originally release back in the day?
lol

If you think you're going to go through multiple Ys games then probably. Keep in mind though that the bump combat system of I&II is, um, different and some people blow a gasket over it.
Bump combat was sorta fun when little Idiot was derping around on dial-up playing MUDs and ASCII games, but it is really dated and weak. I don't always hate it, like in a game like Dredmor where the game is so deep in other ways that it's not that big of a deal that the combat is simplistic, but in general I really don't like bump combat very much.

Too cheap to pay $1 for a bundle? No longer a problem, You can get any $1 bundle free*.

Short: Make Coinbase account. They currently give $1 in BTC for linking facebook.

* Must be able to pay with bitcoin. Humble, IG, and Groupees allow bitcoins.
I didn't think I'd ever make a BitCoin account... but that worked like a charm. Thanks.

I have come to the ground breaking conclusion that X-Com Derp Bureau sucks.
Hey Mooby! We agree on a game! I ended up shelving it.

My main gripe was the slower-than-a-powerwalk "jog" of the main character and the fact that he had to "run" way too much between combat encounters while on missions. Then, while back at HQ, I guess they decided that this brisk walk with a lot of bouncing was too much for everyone, so they limited him to 'regular' walking. I then had to make circuits around HQ having stupid conversations with people I couldn't care less about before being able to get sent out on another mission.

When I found out I was only in the middle of a mission that I had thought was nearly over I heard myself sigh and realized it was time for me to move on. I know some here liked it, I found I was just trying to power-through and finish it, but not because I wanted to.

(The fact that I paid $5 probably had something to do with that.. should have waited for the bundle.)

Nope, just shouldn't have been a fakeCAG and played it. I haven't played it yet and I'm still satisfied with my $5 purchase.
Yeah... well, there's that I guess.

I guess the same could be said for the other game I recently started & quit (ACIII - bleh).

The flaw in that logic is this though: if I trueCAG'd it and never played any of my games how would I know how good Sleeping Dogs actually is?

I guess the same could be said for the other game I recently started & quit (ACIII - bleh).

The flaw in that logic is this though: if I trueCAG'd it and never played any of my games how would I know how good Sleeping Dogs actually is?
Sure, you could live vicariously through all the fakeCAGs here like I do!

The bitcoin thing worked for me.  It doesn't matter that your dollar is immediately worth .99.  The bitcoin amount Humble is asking is the same value you're being credited for connecting the FB account.  Or at least, that's how it worked for me.  I went to the Humble checkout page first, granted.

The bitcoin thing worked for me. It doesn't matter that your dollar is immediately worth .99. The bitcoin amount Humble is asking is the same value you're being credited for connecting the FB account. Or at least, that's how it worked for me. I went to the Humble checkout page first, granted.
Mine didn't work as yours. It said "You don't have that much - please visit the Buy/Sell page to add more funds to your account."

What is this TrueCag/FakeCag discussion? Did you guys read Catcher in the Rye this week or something?

Steam keys are up for Reversion: Episode 2 on Groupees (Build a Greenlight Bundle 2).

You can thank Spoder for not telling anyone but idling the game while I was on awake.

Are you color blind? (Honest question, 8% of men have some form of color-blindness.)
Do you have any idea how depressing the Holiday's are when only half the Christmas Tree looks lit up? (I'm not color blind, it's just that we can only manage to get through untangling one set of lights before we say "fuck it")

I'm not proud of it (but happy with myself, strangely enough), but I curmudgeoned a Steam key of Zoo Rampage.

You should too! But not really. But really though.

EDIT: Don't even think of buying it at 8.99...the reviews make it seem even shorter than 30 Flights of Loving.

I'm not proud of it (but happy with myself, strangely enough), but I curmudgeoned a Steam key of Zoo Rampage.

You should too! But not really. But really though.

EDIT: Don't even think of buying it at 8.99...the reviews make it seem even shorter than 30 Flights of Loving.
I looked at this when I saw it and as much as I love zoo-themed things, it looks like a sort of ill-conceived and -executed phone port that plays something like Burnout Crash with large mammals and humans instead of cars and streets.

I guess it's basically what you'd get if you took a tiny fraction of the gameplay and polish of Zoo Tycoon and published it as a standalone product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back