Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who signed up for the coinbase bitcoin thing, looks like the .0016 whatever is up to being worth $1.01 now.
Awwww.... yeah. And you chumps spent it on Bioshock and Darkness II...

vGZieHh.jpg

There's a $2.99 flash sale for 2 hours (well, about 1 hour, 50 mins from this post) for the current Indie Royale bundle.

That'll teach you not to buy it if you miss the first few minutes after launch. 

There's a $2.99 flash sale for 2 hours (well, about 1 hour, 50 mins from this post) for the current Indie Royale bundle.

That'll teach you not to buy it if you miss the first few minutes after launch.
The only issue is the only do this flash fixed price sale on rare occasions, so it hit or miss in almost all bundles. But I agree, if it is not the first minutes then better to pass unless you don't mind to pay a little extra.

In your Account HIstory, look at the Order Information page right underneath the big "YOUR DOWNLOADS" text. The Steam key is in the box labeled "Serial Numbers (For Activation)".

The key will be displayed even if your order is on hold (like mine still is).
I don't see any "your downloads" text nor any key.

The sent 2 mails:

Hi,

Thank you for your order for Pac-Man Championship Edition DX + All You Can Eat Edition.

Unfortunately due to an overnight system failure we are unable to supply your Activation Key for this product.

This is a temporary problem and we are working to have it resolved and all keys supplied by 6pm (GMT).

If you would prefer to receive a full refund please contact [email protected] directly stating your email address and order number (starting #…).

We are very sorry for this inconvenience and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.
And then, later...

Hi,

Thank you again for your order for Pac-Man Championship Edition DX + All You Can Eat Edition.

Unfortunately we have not been able to resolve the problem and are not able to supply your key today.

I think they messed up with the promo and want people to reverse the sale. Anyway, I think I'll ask for a refund and never buy anything again from them. First and last purchase. Very amateurs

Reversion - The Meeting keys were added to IR Debut 6 (also Groupees BAGB2, not sure on others).  It shows up as Indie Royale Redeem key instead of Steam key like the others on the page.

Also, you can probably generate another key through Desura or something, which I always forget and screw myself over (although maybe the Indie Royale Redeem thing is a sign they fixed it.  Probably not.)

New Greenlight batch (with previous bundle info): [customspoiler="Click Me!"]
  • 39 Days to Mars - IGS
  • Abatron
  • Amazing Princess Sarah
  • Attractio - IGS, Build a Greenlight 7
  • Aware
  • BallZ
  • Bionic Heart - Winter Wolves Mega Bundle, Indie Gala Every Monday B8
  • Blue Rose - Debut Bundle 15, Indie Gala Every Money B9
  • Bombing Bastards
  • Bonetown
  • Box Life
  • Bravada - IGS, Indie Gala Greenlight Bundle 2
  • Breaking The Rules: The RomanTournament
  • Building the Great Wall of China
  • Bulb Boy
  • CARGO 3
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Coloropus
  • Congo
  • Contra City
  • Crater Maker - Debut Bundle 10, Flying Bundle 6
  • Dark Storm
  • DayBreak Online
  • EmergeNYC - WGN,
  • Forsaken Uprising
  • Fragoria
  • GamersGoMakers
  • Hangeki
  • Heroes of a Broken Land - The Hasty Yet Heroic Majeyal Space Operator Bundle
  • HollowFear
  • Immortal Empire
  • Ionic Surge
  • Jet Force
  • KEL Reaper of Entropy
  • Kidnapped
  • Lantern Forge
  • Magic Meisters - Build a Greenlight Bundle 6, Indie Gala Greenlight Bundle 3
  • Mark of the Old Ones
  • Marooned: Arcanus Island
  • Midora
  • Mission Against Terror
  • Move or Die
  • Obludia - Shiny Loot Bundle 4, Rugged Rogues Bundle
  • Parcel
  • Pe-2: Dive Bomber
  • Polarity
  • Priston Tale
  • Project x : Lost Memories (pre-alpha)
  • Prophour23
  • RPG Tycoon
  • Rampage Knights
  • Rodina
  • Saviors - The Indie Ordinary Gamer Bundle, SciFi Bundle
  • Seedling
  • ShaderTool
  • Slot Cars: The Video Game
  • Space Salvager
  • Spellcrafter
  • Spud's Quest - IGS
  • Stonerid - DIG, DIG Super Bundle 1, Groupees Spotlight, Lazy Guys Moon Landing Bundle
  • Survive the Nights
  • Temporus
  • Tesla Breaks the World!
  • The Great War 1918
  • The Little Acre
  • The Sun at Night - Build a Greenlight Bundle 8
  • The World II (Hunting BOSS)
  • Timespinner
  • Top Hat
  • WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN)
  • War, the Game - WGN
  • Warlocks
  • We Are the Dwarves!
  • Windhaven
  • Zombie Office Adventure
[/customspoiler]

New Greenlight batch (with previous bundle info): [customspoiler="Click Me!"]
  • 39 Days to Mars - IGS
  • Abatron
  • Amazing Princess Sarah
  • Attractio - IGS, Build a Greenlight 7
  • Aware
  • BallZ
  • Bionic Heart - Winter Wolves Mega Bundle, Indie Gala Every Monday B8
  • Blue Rose - Debut Bundle 15, Indie Gala Every Money B9
  • Bombing Bastards
  • Bonetown
  • Box Life
  • Bravada - IGS, Indie Gala Greenlight Bundle 2
  • Breaking The Rules: The RomanTournament
  • Building the Great Wall of China
  • Bulb Boy
  • CARGO 3
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Coloropus
  • Congo
  • Contra City
  • Crater Maker - Debut Bundle 10, Flying Bundle 6
  • Dark Storm
  • DayBreak Online
  • EmergeNYC - WGN,
  • Forsaken Uprising
  • Fragoria
  • GamersGoMakers
  • Hangeki
  • Heroes of a Broken Land - The Hasty Yet Heroic Majeyal Space Operator Bundle
  • HollowFear
  • Immortal Empire
  • Ionic Surge
  • Jet Force
  • KEL Reaper of Entropy
  • Kidnapped
  • Lantern Forge
  • Magic Meisters - Build a Greenlight Bundle 6, Indie Gala Greenlight Bundle 3
  • Mark of the Old Ones
  • Marooned: Arcanus Island
  • Midora
  • Mission Against Terror
  • Move or Die
  • Obludia - Shiny Loot Bundle 4, Rugged Rogues Bundle
  • Parcel
  • Pe-2: Dive Bomber
  • Polarity
  • Priston Tale
  • Project x : Lost Memories (pre-alpha)
  • Prophour23
  • RPG Tycoon
  • Rampage Knights
  • Rodina
  • Saviors - The Indie Ordinary Gamer Bundle, SciFi Bundle
  • Seedling
  • ShaderTool
  • Slot Cars: The Video Game
  • Space Salvager
  • Spellcrafter
  • Spud's Quest - IGS
  • Stonerid - DIG, DIG Super Bundle 1, Groupees Spotlight, Lazy Guys Moon Landing Bundle
  • Survive the Nights
  • Temporus
  • Tesla Breaks the World!
  • The Great War 1918
  • The Little Acre
  • The Sun at Night - Build a Greenlight Bundle 8
  • The World II (Hunting BOSS)
  • Timespinner
  • Top Hat
  • WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN)
  • War, the Game - WGN
  • Warlocks
  • We Are the Dwarves!
  • Windhaven
  • Zombie Office Adventure
[/customspoiler]

Pics or tits or it didn't happen?

Someone on CAG, who shall remain anonymous, recently told me you are always wrong. :p

And seriously, I think would have remembered if that cheesfest was in even some really obscure ass bundle. I think I'm like one of three people who actually has bought a Daily Indie Game Superbundle.
The name sounds horribly familiar but it's not in the IGBWiki so I don't know where I saw it.

I did a Google search and I couldn't find anything about this being in a bundle, but I remember reading about it somewhere - so I checked the forum and found this old thread from a year and a half ago.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285396-gamersgate-thread/page-370

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285396-gamersgate-thread/?p=10178605

There were a few people who were hoping Out of the Park Baseball 15 would go on sale during the Summer sale.  It's now 50 percent off on Steam until the 17th.  Yeah, it's not 75 percent, but that's the lowest it's been so far I think.

The name sounds horribly familiar but it's not in the IGBWiki so I don't know where I saw it.

I did a Google search and I couldn't find anything about this being in a bundle, but I remember reading about it somewhere - so I checked the forum and found this old thread from a year and a half ago.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285396-gamersgate-thread/page-370

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285396-gamersgate-thread/?p=10178605
Age of Barbarian was never bundled. It was just hyped for how bad it was when it came out and I bought it from Gamersgate. Don't remember if I FAKECAGed it with my 20% discount or it went on some actual sale, but it is a pretty bad game.

Just asking. Would anyone find this useful?

e6PIBdq.png

Basically it adds buy orders & sell orders to inventory and 'quick sell' buttons for lowest price, undercut by a cent and highest buy order.

Just asking. Would anyone find this useful?

Basically it adds buy orders & sell orders to inventory and 'quick sell' buttons for lowest price, undercut by a cent and highest buy order.
Very useful. I'd also like to take this forum space to thank you for your excellent playfire rewards tool.

Grass simulator developers, and I hesitate to even call them that, have their panties in a bunch that Valve didn't find their BS joke game amusing and let them in.

Grass simulator developers, and I hesitate to even call them that, have their panties in a bunch that Valve didn't find their BS joke game amusing and let them in.
And yet... this got in.

This seems to be using several materials and props lifted from Team Fortress 2 wholesale. And it got greenlit.

There's also dozens of pages of comments in Russian. Wonder if someone organized a mass-vote boosting in the region...

Very useful. I'd also like to take this forum space to thank you for your excellent playfire rewards tool.
Please keep pirate-talk out of this thread. Else, we've got a plank that needs walking.

One thing the article failed to mention though, is that Indie Gala has since switched to account linking instead of keys.
I really wonder if the humble/IG links make that much of a difference. Sure, the buyer would know it's not a straight up key (like Amazon or G2A), but the buyer still gets the game they bought.

Imo, the only real way to combat that is to have time-limited keys, e.g. valid for 30 days. I recall at least one bundle with GOG keys that were time limited (so I angrily discovered when doing a key-sweep in my old bundles, bought for my own personal use).

The funny thing is Doomstink sells his games on a third party reseller site (99gamers) for super cheap, probably to try countering the effect.

Are devs really this clueless?  How can they know which bundles pull the most revenue but then not be aware of stuff like happy hour? 

I always assumed bundles were a last resort when sales already were stagnant.  Even from the chart they posted, seems like SMRPG had already essentially bottomed out at MSRP sales before they decided to do IG.  

I definitely can get their frustration with the mass reseller sites, but at the same time, the number of people that would use those is small compared to the number of people that just buy stuff directly from Steam and no one else.  

Well that's the thing, he admits it's nichey so not necessarily the best example but people see what they want to see.
Totally agreed... honestly the graph like like it would have been near-zero flat in that period anyway... and I suspect that's pretty normal.

I really wish he showed the data for Breech & Clear along side it. (Which was HB'd.)

Free ToA 2 keys if you missed WGN giveaway.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/312220/announcements/detail/165822081100360658

Hey, time we offered an new promotion.
If you'd like to support a site which really does work hard to provide decent content about technology and such then DevBest.com is for you. If you are a developer, it's also for you.

We are offering an new promotion for any who register at DevBest.com and comment with there username will recieve a free serial key!

First 100 people only, after that - no more keys will be given!

Kind Regards,
Callum Jones.

http://devbest.com/threads/free-steam-keys-tales-of-adventure-2.52820/page-2

Alright EmergeNYC got greenlit, the one game I actually (I think) did the WGN stuff. Would have been interested anyways mind.

Have to look up RPG Tycoon later, just from the title it sounds potentially interested but always have to assume tycoon games are crap til shown otherwise. Granted they may have improved a bit now that terrible simulators are the big thing.

Imo, the only real way to combat that is to have time-limited keys, e.g. valid for 30 days. I recall at least one bundle with GOG keys that were time limited (so I angrily discovered when doing a key-sweep in my old bundles, bought for my own personal use).
That's a GOG thing - gift keys that were bought by someone with actual money directly from them never expire, but bundle and giveaway keys always have an expiration date to prevent someone farming them to resell. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back