Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyram still hasn't hit 75% except for the physical copy on newegg for a couple hours right? I may finally pick that up this weekend with the last of my amazon gc's assuming it follows their standard 75% off the basic 66% off the legendary like the last couple sales.
The base game has been $5 (-75%) but only after Legendary Edition came out, which hasn't been more than -66% yet.

If anyone was still interested in Dishonored GOTY for Steam, you can get it at Gamefly for $7.99 using the code JUL20OFF.
Oh that's slightly better than GMG even I believe. I'm a banned Play fire Pirate so not like I have any credit over at GMG anyway.

Translation: I trick my brother into farming cards for me by giving him bundle fodder.

Have you no shame sir?
I'd be mad at you for the accusation but I can't be angry at a Hamtaro avatar.

Prototype Franchise Pack is also only $14.99 ~ and $8.85+markup via Russians

$10 is the cheapest the pack has ever been, right? From Amazon?
The pack didn't exist on Steam until yesterday too. I hope it doesn't go away, as I'll probably snag it the next time it goes on sale (not enough money in the budget atm).

Whoa whoa wait Mastiff is porting this to PC? That's... AWESOME

This is the game:

http://www.mastiff-games.com/games/gurumin

Edit: Wait, the game was released on PCs first in 2004! So a port already exists... I don't usually do these "Vote to get a free game" things, but I think it's worth it this time.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/18/quake-live-heading-to-steam-very-very-soon/

Thursday: Dishonored: Game of the Year and all Dishonored DLC at 50-75% off

Friday: Wolfenstein: The New Order and DOOM Sale at 50-75% off

Saturday: Fallout 3: Game of the Year, Fallout: New Vegas, and all Fallout: Classic Collection at 50-75% off

Sunday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with Elder Scrolls titles selling for 50-75% off
Spoiler tag that please. I need my disappoint in manageable doses.

pics_Drunk_Cat.jpg

Prototype Franchise Pack is also only $14.99 ~ and $8.85+markup via Russians

$10 is the cheapest the pack has ever been, right? From Amazon?
It initially ran on the GameSpot BF thing for $7.50 then reran a couple weeks later at $10, and a decent sale hadn't been seen since.

That dog looks like a soggy piece of crap.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gurumin

Join this group for a FREE copy of Gurumin
Welcome to the Gurumin Group!

Vote ‘YES’ on the Gurumin Greenlight page and join this group to receive a FREE copy of the game (Steam code) once it is Greenlit and released!

It’s as simple as that! Spread the word!

Probably worth it.
Why the poop does Nihon Falcom have to go through Greenlight? They have all the Ys games on Steam...

No complaints here though, that looks weeabootastic and I want it. Thanks for the heads up.

Why the poop does Nihon Falcom have to go through Greenlight? They have all the Ys games on Steam...
That was XSeed. Falcom don't deal w gaijin stores. They probably don't even realize or care that PC gaming is still a thing in other parts of the world.

I guess XSeed for whatever reason weren't interested or didn't think about that game. They've been pretty quiet on the Steam front lately in general too.

That was XSeed. Falcom don't deal w gaijin stores. They probably don't even realize or care that PC gaming is still a thing in other parts of the world.

I guess XSeed for whatever reason weren't interested or didn't think about that game. They've been pretty quiet on the Steam front lately in general too.
XSeed only started working with Falcom in 2010. Mastiff published the PSP game in 2005, so they probably have a licensing agreement that's still valid. And since Mastiff has zero games on Steam, they have to go through Greenlight.

It sucks, but this campaign will probably get them on Steam pretty quickly.

Actually... It looks like they primarily have published PC games over the years, just not in the US: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom

Also, it looks like XSeed only localized the Ys games. I don't know how that exactly works, but it looks like Nihon Falcom was still behind it.

5 more golden keys

CJWTB-699X3-HK3RW-JJBTT-3B9JZ

New codes in case you missed it in the last two days:

Bs1zg6sCAAINpYB.jpg

Actually... It looks like they primarily have published PC games over the years, just not in the US: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom

Also, it looks like XSeed only localized the Ys games. I don't know how that exactly works, but it looks like Nihon Falcom was still behind it.
They were one if the longer holdouts for publishing PC games in Japan but they definitely aren't doing it anymore in recent years.

And yeah Xseed localized but of course Falcon gets a cut. If someone wants to give them money for translating (they paid for fan translations IIRC) and deal with all the administrative stuff of selling their game on some foreign store in a market they don't care about and give them money they aren't going to turn it down.

I feel like I can only pick one: Wolf Pack or Doom Classic Complete?

I have minimal experience with Doom franchise and none with Wolfenstein in terms of actually playing these titles. Watched/read plenty of things related to these franchises (AVGN comes to mind). Anyway, suggestions?

5 more golden keys

CJWTB-699X3-HK3RW-JJBTT-3B9JZ

New codes in case you missed it in the last two days:

<axtonathenacode.jpg>
CJKBJ-3XWTF-HCJ6K-JJB3T-SB35X

Here's the code if anyone wants to copy/paste rather than typing it manually like I did. I feel sorry for console peasants who have to do that every time... just kidding, no I don't.

GameFly has Dishonored GOTY for $7.99 after JUL20OFF.

GMG has it for $8.16 after coupon.

Still thinking of picking this up just for the DLC...
75% off of $29.99 = $7.49

$7.99 is close, though...

If I did NOT own the base-game, I'd not hesitate on this deal.

Still tempted to get it just for the damn DLC...

We know how Zenimax sucks at discounting DLC vs. Complete Ed's...

I feel like I can only pick one: Wolf Pack or Doom Classic Complete?

I have minimal experience with Doom franchise and none with Wolfenstein in terms of actually playing these titles. Watched/read plenty of things related to these franchises (AVGN comes to mind). Anyway, suggestions?
If you want the older Doom games and don't have Doom 3 then buy DOOM 3 BFG it also comes with Doom and Doom 2 all for $4.99

Although to be honest, the old games are nostalgic if you played them way back but they're really too dated to have fun with these days. This also goes for Wolf 3D.

If I were you I'd just bid $2 for Return to Castle Wolfenstein from Dr. Sasquatch and play that =P

mmJ0fUA.jpg

Auction is over. Final price: $10.

Going to reschedule the Return to Castle Wolfenstein auction to sometime after it goes off sale.

But this is a perfect time to announce the next auctions (many thanks to MinDRioT!):

nmwkZTj.jpg

Starting at one dollar, 50 cent increments. Perfect for Steam noobs or introducing a family member or significant other to games! The original Portal! Wow!

jHJm73A.jpg

Hunt – Kill – Become: Imagine having the power to track down any enemy by unleashing a powerful sonar-pulse from your body! Sgt James Heller brings an all-new dimension to the Prototype experience by letting you Hunt, Kill and Become anyone standing in your way. Disguise yourself as a soldier, scientist or anyone at all whilst absorbing their memories and acquiring new abilities. It doesn’t get any better than this! 

Sounds awesome! Bidding starts at $1.00, bidding in increments of 50 cents!

zhOlMTB.jpg

Beautiful graphics, with amazing detail. Perfect game for any war simulator fan.  - Nick The Redeemer

Whir Game: You're a Peeing Escalator! Awesome!

Bidding starts at $1.00, bids in increments of 50 cents. 

That was definitely posted here, ironically after someone mentioned they missed the dev's first promo for Robot Rescue Revolution.
Urgh... I probably skipped over it thinking it was about that game.

I stand by my previous comment though: I doubt I'm missing half of the ones posted here.

New Steam Releases!

Time of Fury

Obludia(bundle fodder)

Lantern Forge(bundle fodder)

Ghostship Aftermath(bundle fodder)

Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome Collector's Edition

The Cameron Files: The Secret at Loch Ness

Toxic Bunny HD(bundle fodder)

Pressured

Easy Asscess

Star Ruler 2 ($20)

Undead Overlord($12.74)

Sky Naions($13.99) (bundle fodder)

Snakey's Games To Watch

Shadow Blade: Reload (july 21) (e.a.)

Darkwood(July 24th) (e.a)

Freedom Planet(July 19th)

OlliOlli(July 22nd)

LogiGun(july 22nd)

Mount Your Friends(July 29th)

[quote name="greendayrulestce" post="11935850" timestamp="1405721120"]
I have minimal experience with Doom franchise and none with Wolfenstein in terms of actually playing these titles. Watched/read plenty of things related to these franchises (AVGN comes to mind). Anyway, suggestions?[/quote]

time machine

Although to be honest, the old games are nostalgic if you played them way back but they're really too dated to have fun with these days. This also goes for Wolf 3D.
Back to the console threads with you blasphemer!!!

I'd vote for the doom series since I still have fun with them. It's been awhile since I've played wolfenstein.

Can I spod'r this one Dr. Seussquatch?
I'll take Civ III if it is still unclaimed. Thanks!
Sent and sent.

Let's keep those donations coming, folks! My Extra Life page is right here. All donations go to help The Seattle Children's Hospital! A gigantic list of Steam keys will be dropping in 45 minutes, followed by one three hours later, and the biggest list yet three hours after that! You will definitely want to be on the donor list! Tell your friends and families! Once more, that page is right here!

I realize it's not a deal but is anyone else thinking about preordering Defense Grid 2? I adored the first game, so I'm sitting here going '26 dollars...but that's a lot...but it's so good...but it's a lot...but it's so good...'

Back to the console threads with you blasphemer!!!

I'd vote for the doom series since I still have fun with them. It's been awhile since I've played wolfenstein.
I played some Doom a few months ago. I only managed about 10 minutes before I decided it was best left in the memory and played something more recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back