Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Genesis wishes it had a game that controlled that well. Or looked that good. Or sounded that great.

Almost nobody knew how to program the console properly.

Oh, that? That's a Ukranian dude, so don't worry, your purity shall be safe forever.

Also, the ones that always the most vocal about furries are usually the ones that are the most in denial. :wave:
I already admitted to liking 2d furry art. I just can't wrap my head around the fursuit thing.

A girl wearing cat ears can be pretty hot. A girl wearing furniture upholstery? Nah not interested.

Last edited:
This is a very important discussion and I want to make sure all sides are represented, so I've invited the regulars of the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Thread to come and discuss their views.  You can thank me later.

Uggg....but we needs it. We needs it..

Guess it's going on the wishlist
Seriously, $15 seems like a lot to me for an early access indie game, but if you're going to play it now, go for it. If it ends up in a bundle or on sale in the next week, you can console yourself with knowing that you got to play it when you wanted it. If it's just going on the backlog, you should wait.

This is a very important discussion and I want to make sure all sides are represented, so I've invited the regulars of the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Thread to come and discuss their views. You can thank me later.
Asheskitty is always happy to be the official CAG Steam thread greeter for any console visitors.

Interested in one of the bonus games in the Squeenix Humble Bundle but don't want to pay the full BTA price?? Now's your chance to get it on the cheap!! This will be the last auction for this bundle, with all of the purchases going straight to Make-A-Wish (via an increased purchase of one of the bundles)!! I held on to one copy of each of the Hitman games and The Last Remnant, but with 3 bundles purchased, there's plenty left to go around.

I'll take bids for a little more than 25 hours, and the auction will end 5 minutes before or after 12:30 PM CDT, depending on this little guy:
tn_gallery_237605_8418_1686.jpg
(one half hour after Noon, so there's no confusion :whistle2: )

If you're interested, check it out here.
No one likes the bonus games? When I said they'd be cheap, I meant REALLY cheap... because no one's placed a bid yet! Right around 4 hours to go to make them yours! Check out the link in the quote.

No one likes the bonus games? When I said they'd be cheap, I meant REALLY cheap... because no one's placed a bid yet! Right around 4 hours to go to make them yours! Check out the link in the quote.
I don't know about others, but I have them already. It may just be that very few people actually lack the games.

At this point I think we should just change the title of this thread to Hawking your extra bundle keys for starving children and get it over with.

Yeah yeah, I broke one of the cardinal rules of the internets and criticized something for charity. I'm an evil child hating monster, etc etc.

This is a very important discussion and I want to make sure all sides are represented, so I've invited the regulars of the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Thread to come and discuss their views. You can thank me later.
What's your favorite Sonic The Hedgehog hottie? Is it Rouge? Maybe Amy? Princess Sally? How about Bunnie Rabbot for that ultra pervy furry/amputee fetish crossover?

At this point I think we should just change the title of this thread to Hawking your extra bundle keys for starving children and get it over with.

Yeah yeah, I broke one of the cardinal rules of the internets and criticized something for charity. I'm an evil child hating monster, etc etc.
First, I'm not too big on charity. Mind you, Make a Wish sent my nephew to Disney Land when he was very ill, but he's way bigger than me now and can kick my butt. I focus my resources on trying to behave responsibly. You know, pay all my bills promptly, don't become a drain on society, so on so forth. The truth is that sometimes donating to charity (especially given how some behave) is less responsible than putting that money in the bank. So, I don't judge people people either way.

But, I do think the whole charity method of giving out keys has proved to be much more orderly and reasonable than just about any other method I've seen. I saw one guy give out 100 keys in like 5 minutes today, and made about 3 times that many people upset in the process. If encouraging charitable donations is what it takes to spread the keys around without as many hurt feelings, then I have to applaud that.

That's not a cardinal rule of the internet. Rule 34 is.

Not sure if this is old news, but I just checked my Desura account and I have another Steam key for Farm For Your Life there, in addition to the one I got from Groupees. I guess they sent out keys to Desura and bundle sites, but I hadn't noticed until just now.

Not sure if this is old news, but I just checked my Desura account and I have another Steam key for Farm For Your Life there, in addition to the one I got from Groupees. I guess they sent out keys to Desura and bundle sites, but I hadn't noticed until just now.
It's been like that for a while, but I'm not sure if it was posted here.

Oh, and The Sun at Night steam keys are up on Groupees.

GetGames has a few sales this weekend.

Batman Franchise Sale for 75% off, includes:

• Batman Arkham City GOTY - $4.99
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4.99
  • Batman Arkham Origins - $7.49
  • Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass - $4.99
  • Batman Arkham Origins: Cold, Cold Heart DLC - $2.49
  • Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate Deluxe Edition - $4.99
  • Lego Batman - $4.99
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - $4.99
and Sleeping Dogs Sale, base game for 75% off, DLC for 66% off, includes:

• Sleeping Dogs (base) - $4.99
  • DLC Collection - $11.89
  • DLC - Dragon Master Pack - $2.71
  • DLC - High Roller Pack - $1.01
  • DLC - Law Enforcer Pack - $0.67
  • DLC - Monkey King Pack - $0.67
  • DLC - Nightmare in Northpoint Pack- $1.69
  • DLC - Red Envelope Pack - $1.01
  • DLC - Retro Triad Pack - $0.67
  • DLC - Square Enix Character Pack - $0.67
  • DLC - Tactical Soldier Pack - $0.67
  • DLC - Top Dog Gold Pack - $1.01
  • DLC - Top Dog Silver Pack - $0.67
  • DLC - Wheels of Fury - $1.35
  • DLC - Year of the Snake - $2.37
  • DLC - Zodiac Tournament - $1.69
All activate on Steam.

Hey guys, long time no see.  Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know about my new program called Idle Master.

In a nutshell, it goes through your list of games that have cards, and idles them one at a time until you don't have any card drops remaining.  It's like a completely automated idling process, handy for idling cards while you sleep or go to work or whatever.

Hey guys, long time no see. Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know about my new program called Idle Master.

In a nutshell, it goes through your list of games that have cards, and idles them one at a time until you don't have any card drops remaining. It's like a completely automated idling process, handy for idling cards while you sleep or go to work or whatever.
You're late.. we've been talking about it ;)

What's the best pc controller d-pad wise? I want something bluetooth capable preferably so I can pair it with my tablet too. I have pinnacle profiler but haven't messed with it too much. I assume their site has faqs and stuff to customize for non 360 controllers, plus I have a 360 controller and pc adapter for stuff like oblivion, and other stuff that works better with analog.

Alright cool! Well if anyone has any questions/suggestions or otherwise, please let me know. :)
I have one question. Do you have any plans to add an option to manually select which game to idle? I know that you can already do this with SAM, but if an option were added to Idle Master there'd be no reason to use SAM for idling.

The main purpose of adding this feature would be to have a head start on idling new releases, or games that recently had cards added so you can sell for better prices.

Alright cool! Well if anyone has any questions/suggestions or otherwise, please let me know. :)
Here's a quick and stupid question: does Idle Master add to your Steam time for those games (in other words, if I run it for, say, Medieval II: Total War to get four card drops, will my Steam account reflect that I've played Medieval II for six hours)? I know my example is complete BS, but I think you see what I'm asking.

What's the best pc controller d-pad wise? I want something bluetooth capable preferably so I can pair it with my tablet too. I have pinnacle profiler but haven't messed with it too much. I assume their site has faqs and stuff to customize for non 360 controllers, plus I have a 360 controller and pc adapter for stuff like oblivion, and other stuff that works better with analog.
DS3. Best D-Pad and works with blutooth. You'll need this xinput wrapper to use it on PC; I'm not sure the steps to get it working on a tablet (there are probably apps for that).

Here's a quick and stupid question: does Idle Master add to your Steam time for those games (in other words, if I run it for, say, Medieval II: Total War to get four card drops, will my Steam account reflect that I've played Medieval II for six hours)? I know my example is complete BS, but I think you see what I'm asking.
Yes, just like SAM does. You have to be playing the game (by which I mean Steam has to think you are) to get drops, so there's no way for it not to add to your playtime.

I have one question. Do you have any plans to add an option to manually select which game to idle? I know that you can already do this with SAM, but if an option were added to Idle Master there'd be no reason to use SAM for idling.

The main purpose of adding this feature would be to have a head start on idling new releases, or games that recently had cards added so you can sell for better prices.
Right now you can run steam-idle.exe with a command line argument of a game's appID and it should start idling that game. So in a command prompt you'd just type "c:\path\to\idle_master\steam-idle.exe 440" and it would launch Team Fortress 2 for example. When you are done you can simply close the program.

In a future version I'm also planning on adding a "continuous mode", so even if you don't have any games left to idle for it will continue looking every 15 minutes until you do. This will be handy for idling those games that just got cards or new purchases.

I'm also planning on integrating it with Enhanced Steam's market database so that the program will automatically idle the game with the most expensive cards first.

In a future version I'm also planning on adding a "continuous mode", so even if you don't have any games left to idle for it will continue looking every 15 minutes until you do. This will be handy for idling those games that just got cards or new purchases.
That's perfect. I was just going to ask this

Hey guys, long time no see. Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know about my new program called Idle Master.

In a nutshell, it goes through your list of games that have cards, and idles them one at a time until you don't have any card drops remaining. It's like a completely automated idling process, handy for idling cards while you sleep or go to work or whatever.
I used this yesterday and overnight and you should get a Nobel Prize for this.

Yes, just like SAM does. You have to be playing the game (by which I mean Steam has to think you are) to get drops, so there's no way for it not to add to your playtime.
I figured this was the case. I'd still rather use something jshackles cooked up over that bigot that made SAM, but I'll probably just stick to getting my cards the old fashioned way for now.

DS3. Best D-Pad and works with blutooth. You'll need this xinput wrapper to use it on PC; I'm not sure the steps to get it working on a tablet (there are probably apps for that).
Think it's worth getting the ds4 for in case of touch support with any games? Seems like it might stay a gimmick to me but what do I know. Then again I know DS3 can be nabbed for 30 with patience. I read somewhere that they got the DS4 working with android so I'm sure they already got the DS3 working.

Can't comment on tablet pairing + compatibility, but good lord. Once I used a DualShock 4 for PC Gaming, I've never wanted to go back to any other gamepad. Probably my favorite controller ergonomics to date. You can also play it through a usb cable or wirelessly, assuming you have a bluetooth adapter on your rig.

While it works as a generic controller right out of the box, you can also install a driver app ( I prefer http://dsdcs.com/index.php/portfolio/software-development/4-ds4windows myself ) to have the controller flawlessly mimic a 360 controller. (As far as your games are concerned)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

Apart from being a solid controller, the DS3 is nice in that it works with Mac (natively), PC (MiJ/BetterDS3 [supporting remapping and DirectInput] or that wrapper), and mobile (both Android an my linux-phone, Nokia N900). I don't have any iThingies so I can't comment there.

Think it's worth getting the ds4 for in case of touch support with any games? Seems like it might stay a gimmick to me but what do I know. Then again I know DS3 can be nabbed for 30 with patience. I read somewhere that they got the DS4 working with android so I'm sure they already got the DS3 working.
DS3 support is mature, and the DS3/360 controls are dead-standard now. I'd wait to see see if any PC games actually support the features of the new controllers (I'm not aware of any PC games planning on using the XBO's trigger-rumble, which would seem to be the simplest new feature.)

Oh no. I don't deny anything I am fully aware and proud of my deviancy. It's just my deviant tendencies lie elsewhere. They certainly don't lie with random I don't know what's hiding behind sexually androgenous bulky mascot uniforms. At least if you see the random dude wearing a Sailor Moon uniform you know for a fact to run the other way and fast.
For example.
Linxie4867.jpg

Is it a dude or a chick? Who the fuck knows?
If that thing came up to me and tried to flirt or worse it wouldn't matter which just run the fuck away!
I would just automatically assume it was a guy if breasts were molded into the fursuit. That's just me though.

Oh no. I don't deny anything I am fully aware and proud of my deviancy. It's just my deviant tendencies lie elsewhere. They certainly don't lie with random I don't know what's hiding behind sexually androgenous bulky mascot uniforms. At least if you see the random dude wearing a Sailor Moon uniform you know for a fact to run the other way and fast.

For example.

Linxie4867.jpg

Is it a dude or a chick? Who the fuck knows?

If that thing came up to me and tried to flirt or worse it wouldn't matter which just run the fuck away!
That picture made my morning subway ride very interesting...

Seriously, $15 seems like a lot to me for an early access indie game, but if you're going to play it now, go for it. If it ends up in a bundle or on sale in the next week, you can console yourself with knowing that you got to play it when you wanted it. If it's just going on the backlog, you should wait.
Key word being...

Right now you can run steam-idle.exe with a command line argument of a game's appID and it should start idling that game. So in a command prompt you'd just type "c:\path\to\idle_master\steam-idle.exe 440" and it would launch Team Fortress 2 for example. When you are done you can simply close the program.

I'm also planning on integrating it with Enhanced Steam's market database so that the program will automatically idle the game with the most expensive cards first.
You are the man. Thanks for all the work you do!

I've tried to fight the good fight and actually play all these cards games, but I'm pretty sure that's a losing battle. The greatness of this program might be the final nail in the coffin.

As a suggestion, can something be added to stop idling after a certain amount of time with no drops? Sort of like a timeout check?

This may all be in my head, but after getting a card drop, sometimes I've idled the same game for over an hour afterwards and not gotten a second drop. I'm not sure what the reason for this is (whether it's because the Steam Servers that handle this process are down, or because the game is being stingy or whatever), but I'd prefer if it hit this timeout check, it either moves to the next game, or just stops the process entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back