Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh nubs that don't know about MysterD :roll:

eCc0jw2h.jpg

Hmn. I'd like to thank greendayrulestce for preserving that post for posterity, since it seems he has hidden it from view.

I'm not sure why, exactly, but I find it an amazing read since his first post in this thread was cursing and condemning me and calling for me to be banned from CAG for "condoning piracy" (which I didn't) in an anti-Ubisoft rant. I wish I knew what the word I'm looking for was, it's not quite hypocritical or ironic.. but it's just similar enough for me to find it delicious.
huh? oh no no no! I was honestly thanking you for quoting eternalsession's post on plagiarism as I missed it and it was apparently hidden by him after the criticisms he received.

He's the one that 'called me out' for supposedly "condoning piracy". Sorry for the ambiguous post.
Did it bother you that much? Anyway, you must have some issues if you need vaildation that badly that you would give such a heartfelt thanks to someone whose post you used to get back at someone else as well as finding it delicious despite how unrelated it was to my issue with you, which I don't even remember. What's next, is me getting into a car crash or being the victim of mail fraud going to be a point in which you use to try to prove my inferiority? In any case, nobody understands how serious and fanatical the teachers and administratos were about plagerism. Let me get something straight. I do not condone plagerism. I am just... desensitized to it.

A teacher once told me of a student she had. He was a student who got an A in the class up until the point where an incident occured. He had a brother in his class who wasn't doing as well. So one day when they had a take-home test, once the brother doing well finished his test, the other one copied his test. Guess what happened? Both were busted for cheating and both got an instant fail in the class.

I've heard lots of stories like that in my school. After a while, you just tend to... ignore all the people who cry wolf. I don't like plagerism and I understand the problems it causes. But I don't plan on grabbing a pitchfork and hunting down someone for doing it, either. Anyway, from now on, I'll just keep my controversial opinions to myself.

like a fraction of a decent gaming pc cost?

and u can rent game (unlike pc)... my local library let us check out console game btw (for free).. 80% of those games you listed, they have it.
So, in terms of $ - how much is that?

Trust me, if it's the price of a very nice video card + some RAM - I'd rather spend my $ on that.

I'm not really into going to the local library.

I also have little to no intent (normally) to sell my games.

I'm a game-collector.

Renting, though (from places like Redbox) - that I probably would actually do.

EDIT:

Don't try to reason with him. He only plays console ports. Typically horrible ones at that yet he insists on buying pc games, drm free because he feel he owns it. When buying a console game he would own it.

Really his logic makes no sense but you can't reason with, it
Ummm, shouldn't you be playing Lost Planet or something...?

Eternal Console weeaboo you keep bringing up stories about "at my school" as if that gives you some kind of credibility.

On a completely unrelated but equally eyerolly note, SPUF are Chicken Littleing Idlemaster saying it like gives you cancer and stuff.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254566
And that's what happens when you go to SPUF.

I laughed after reading about the virus that can spread through your hard drives. Need that IT crowd "are you from the past?" meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

Or think of all the pennies you save by buying another game you don't need for the CHEAPEST PRICE EVAR OMGZWTFBBQ!?!!!?

New Releases

Back to Bed- $5.09

Battle Islands- F2P

Amazing World- F2P

Kingdom Tales 2- ?

Royal Quest- F2P

New York Bus Simulator- $16.99

Pe-2: Dive Bomber- $4.99

Early Access

Spellcrafter- $7.99

Crawl- $9.99(local mulitplayer only! single player with bots can be played too, no online modes yet)

Oh and i sold 4 Colin McRae Rally cards and I played it for like 2 mins and then requested a refund and it worked! So, free cards until August 19th for Colin McRae Rally!

Snakeybro buy New York Bus simulator made by Germans for Germans and let us know how it is.

I will be playing Amazing World. Whenever the hell they get the download working, that is.

Snakeybro buy New York Bus simulator made by Germans for Germans and let us know how it is.

I will be playing Amazing World. Whenever the hell they get the download workung, that is.
Im not German, I am Jewish and i would never buy a German game dammit. Oh i dont need to play NY Bus Sim, Jim Sterling did and it looks great, and by great I mean awful as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rr-tMngrIk&list=PLlRceUcRZcK0zAt8sV33ZsMCVlOgWjVoy

I liked the initial fear and loathing about Enhanced Steam more. Personally, I'm not using Idle Master, but that's because I'm wary about running afoul of the TOS, and not any particular ethical stance. Also not in a rush to get the cards.

Haha I will have to watch that when I get home. As a rule I generally cannot stand internet personalities but I like Jim Sterling. He really goes to town on how bad some of the shitty new releases on Steam have been lately.

Also I like this one dude's post from the 'New York' Bus Simulator forum on Steam.

Shotgun 14 hours ago
Does this game have enough crazy people?
I live in New York, and would like to know how realistic this sim is in terms of its ambiance. I take the bus often, and am wondering: will the game properly represent the right amount of insanity and belligerence on an average per capita basis? Does it have such features as, or similar to:

- People entering the bus, not paying the fare, moving to the back of the bus, and angrily yelling "what!?" at you when you turn your camera focus to look at them?
- Glossy-eyed homeless muttering something about nanobots under their skin?
- Women very loudly talking about how they "won't be taking any more of his stupid ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ if he ever does that ♥♥♥♥ again" on their cell phones while their toddlers are sipping diet Coke and/or crying uncontrollably?
- Teenagers discussing the various types of drugs they'll do after they get home from school?
- Getting awkwardly robbed at knifepoint between stops by some hooded guy who looks like the Mexican version of Jesse Pinkman?
- Chinese tourists spitting directly onto the floor of the bus?
- Hours of standstill traffic?
- Sunglasses stolen from peoples' collars visibly for anyone but the victims?
- Overcrowding to the point that you have to skip and speed by stops quickly enough that the waiting commuters don't have enough time to throw bottles at the bus?
- Two passengers fistfighting over something trivial, such as a newspaper accidentally dropped on someone's pristine pair of bootleg Yeezys?

Realism is very important to me when playing these types of games. I look forward to hearing your response.

Here's some more free games:

Dead Shits- YD9ML-653DP-96QP2

Corporate Office Space Simulator- BFRNC-390P3-C8B2D

Etherlords- YPLAT-NQGHX-K5HBC

Etherlords 2- 8L4GF-JMACL-0KFYZ

Farm For Yo Lyfe- DGPY4-EM90T-73V42

Sweet!
We need more companies doing console games to also embrace the PC.
All the XSeed games were originally PC games in Japan. They just localized them. Those games came out on the PC before they hit consoles and in the case of Ys Origin it never did get a console release.

Sorry if this was already posted, but here's a new shift code:

Zero as Claptrap: WBKJJ-KB63R-Z536K-J3BTB-693KB

Did it bother you that much? Anyway, you must have some issues if you need vaildation that badly that you would give such a heartfelt thanks to someone whose post you used to get back at someone else as well as finding it delicious despite how unrelated it was to my issue with you, which I don't even remember. .......
Bother me? lol I admit, at the time, I was a little taken aback by you since you came at me with such vitriol when we had never even interacted previously (calling me stupid and calling for my banning, when it was you, in fact, who had completely misread and misinterpreted my post).

Honestly, at this point I couldn't care less. Thanking him had nothing to do with my own personal validation. It's so glaringly obvious why I found it funny that I shouldn't even have to explain, so I won't bother.

Unrelated? Hardly. I'll break it down for you. Piracy = stealing someones intellectual property. Plagiarism = stealing of another author's language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions. Seems pretty close to me.

The fact that you hid/deleted your own post speaks volumes. I won't bother replying again to you as this conversation won't accomplish anything and I don't see a point to cluttering the thread up further (as I am sure I am in the minority in finding it amusing), so feel free to attempt to justify yourself further or hurl some thinly veiled insults my way if it makes you feel better. Have a good night.

Haha I will have to watch that when I get home. As a rule I generally cannot stand internet personalities but I like Jim Sterling. He really goes to town on how bad some of the shitty new releases on Steam have been lately.

Also I like this one dude's post from the 'New York' Bus Simulator forum on Steam.

Does this game have enough crazy people?
I live in New York, and would like to know how realistic this sim is in terms of its ambiance. I take the bus often, and am wondering: will the game properly represent the right amount of insanity and belligerence on an average per capita basis? Does it have such features as, or similar to:

- People entering the bus, not paying the fare, moving to the back of the bus, and angrily yelling "what!?" at you when you turn your camera focus to look at them?
- Glossy-eyed homeless muttering something about nanobots under their skin?
- Women very loudly talking about how they "won't be taking any more of his stupid ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ if he ever does that ♥♥♥♥ again" on their cell phones while their toddlers are sipping diet Coke and/or crying uncontrollably?
- Teenagers discussing the various types of drugs they'll do after they get home from school?
- Getting awkwardly robbed at knifepoint between stops by some hooded guy who looks like the Mexican version of Jesse Pinkman?
- Chinese tourists spitting directly onto the floor of the bus?
- Hours of standstill traffic?
- Sunglasses stolen from peoples' collars visibly for anyone but the victims?
- Overcrowding to the point that you have to skip and speed by stops quickly enough that the waiting commuters don't have enough time to throw bottles at the bus?
- Two passengers fistfighting over something trivial, such as a newspaper accidentally dropped on someone's pristine pair of bootleg Yeezys?

Realism is very important to me when playing these types of games. I look forward to hearing your response.
I was thinking the same exact thing. If I don't get to break up bum-fights or kick people off the bus for being drunk, belligerent assholes, I'm not interested. On the other hand, a game where I DO get to do all that stuff would easily be my GOTY.

Saw this on the Amazing World forum:

Pain 28:06:42:12
No Chat Activation Mail ?

So I am drunk as hell and installed the game becauee i want to be a freaking bear with ears like a rabbit. I am seeing other players and I just want to tell them " hrey i am drunk as ♥♥♥♥ and i want to be a bear with long ears and jump around and have fun and stuff" but i cant :( i received no activbation mail" :(
But i am more concerned after watching 15 min of the first episode from boku no pico that there are bad ppl online you know when you watched this sick japanese stuff,
but the main reason im writing all the suff is -> no activation mail i want to chat and place some gflowrs on the ground ion my garden you know
wheres the mail ? can i resend stuff so i can activate chat ? my parents allow me this stuff because theyre away and i am old and i want to be a bear with long eats
help me

A teacher once told me of a student she had. He was a student who got an A in the class up until the point where an incident occured. He had a brother in his class who wasn't doing as well. So one day when they had a take-home test, once the brother doing well finished his test, the other one copied his test. Guess what happened? Both were busted for cheating and both got an instant fail in the class.
Uh, yeah. They cheated. A take home test is mainly about having extra materials or the opportunity to look up correct answers. Not to copy responses from someone else's test like A. C. C. True. True. False style. If the brother was so dumb he couldn't do well on a take home test and had to cheat they deserved to fail. Why? Because they cheated. You may find it stupid over a take home test when anyone can just look up the right answers but the point is to lookup your own answers. The brother not doing well couldn't even be bothered to do that. Maybe if he was willing to look up answers on his own he wouldn't have been doing so poorly.

First off, can we all just agree that it is spelled PLAGIARISM and not PLAGERISM? I'm not trying to be an asshole -- that just really bugs me.

New Releases

Back to Bed- $5.09

Battle Islands- F2P

Amazing World- F2P

Kingdom Tales 2- ?

Royal Quest- F2P

New York Bus Simulator- $16.99

Pe-2: Dive Bomber- $4.99

Early Access

Spellcrafter- $7.99

Crawl- $9.99(local mulitplayer only! single player with bots can be played too, no online modes yet)
Dude, I really like that you have embraced your snakeybroness and have turned it into an asset for the thread! Since Steam took the focus off of new releases, I find that I miss a lot of them. Seeing your list each day is helpful.

First off, can we all just agree that it is spelled PLAGIARISM and not PLAGERISM? I'm not trying to be an asshole -- that just really bugs me.

Dude, I really like that you have embraced your snakeybroness and have turned it into an asset for the thread! Since Steam took the focus off of new releases, I find that I miss a lot of them. Seeing your list each day is helpful.
Hey, like thanks man! It is my job here to tell u special people about cool games that are out or coming out that you wanna actually play and not idle, u know!

Dat $12.99 wallpaper tho.

*Edit: Oh Kami, and furry costumes too.

VDGn0Cg.jpg

Well, they know their audience and how to monetize them.
Technically that's kemonomimi. Or catgirls. And oh man... "First wave of DLC." It's seventy bucks of DLC. They're giving Gearbox some competition.

So I'm thinking of buying the USF4 upgrade with Playfire money. I got eleven bucks there, so... urgh. I don't know if I should buy it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back