Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally had no idea Hanson was so divisive. I'll try to pick less controversial bands in the future.

Portal 2 seems to be matching a historical low, though probably everyone has it so no one cares. Has there been a better deal that ITAD doesn't track? On the other hand, I've waited this long.
I may be wrong, but I think at some point some of us got extra copies of Portal 2 added to our inventory. Or was it Portal 1? Either way, we just gave em away or sold them for cheap since we all had them.

I haven't seen the mods do this much clean up in ages. Nice to know the trigger words and phrases, I guess.
Usually when certain issues (gender/sex) lead to a mod crackdown it is certain posters with a...vested...interest in the matter complaining to a certain mod with a similar interest in the matter and then said mod coming in and cracking down. This time it's a different mod than usual so I don't know if we managed to annoy more people or if this is some veiled attempt at not making it see like the other mod only ever gives a damn when gender/sex issues come up.

Usually when certain issues (gender/sex) lead to a mod crackdown it is certain posters with a...vested...interest in the matter complaining to a certain mod with a similar interest in the matter and then said mod coming in and cracking down. This time it's a different mod than usual so I don't know if we managed to annoy more people or if this is some veiled attempt at not making it see like the other mod only ever gives a damn when gender/sex issues come up.
It's pretty obvious the white male heterosexual guilt is so great with some people they felt compelled to report every single social injustice to be found in this thread so they can atone for the sin that nature has cursed them with.

I took one game, and I thanked you for it. I also asked you for a game from your previous post in a PM. Even though I didn't get the game from you, I still thanked you for your random act of generosity to others.

I am a person that is on CAG more often than many, so although I may not post much on this exact thread, I have posted more than many on this website. I have created deal threads and post often on other threads. So your definition of a lurker is not my definition of one. However now that I know you would rather not have me take any games that you post, I will not. But I will suggest you don't put codes on a public forum page if you are not going to be happy about it.

Oh and since I took a game from this thread and some to seem have an issue with it, I will toss one game back into the fire for someone to take. Lurkers are welcome:

Mysterious Cities of Gold: 3EYQB-IGDAP-EVHXX

FFWRX- since I took a humble bundle game from you, I am willing to give you one as well. Look at my trade list and let me know.
Dude. You are more than welcome to any codes I have. The luirkers that I am talking about don't even have a screen name or sign up and never post on any thread. They just sign up for the spoiler tag hidden stuff.

I am more of a lurker than anyone who requested a code.

I think FFWRX is saying that if you see something from the list that you are interested in be sure to ask for it BEFORE the codes are posted for lurkers to take. That makes you not-a-lurker in the eyes of FFWRX. Unless I am misreading things.
BIngo!!!

Portal 2 seems to be matching a historical low, though probably everyone has it so no one cares. Has there been a better deal that ITAD doesn't track? On the other hand, I've waited this long.
It's been that price with a -20% coupon on GMG and Gamefly (?), which made it $4 or so. In any case go ahead and buy it, because it's well worth $5 and why the bloody hell haven't you already?!?

Dude. You are more than welcome to any codes I have. The luirkers that I am talking about don't even have a screen name or sign up and never post on any thread. They just sign up for the spoiler tag hidden stuff.

I am more of a lurker than anyone who requested a code.
[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]FFWRX, why would you say that & clear up the misunderstanding? I was hoping that we guilt him some more & grab some more free codes :D/[/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE]

Cross-posted for clarity:

[customspoiler=Upon clicking this spoiler, you hereby agree that you are not a mod or admin. Violating this rule invalidates your rights to remove this post.][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xzv8Z8gxj8[/youtube][/customspoiler]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]FFWRX, why would you say that & clear up the misunderstanding? I was hoping that we guilt him some more & grab some more free codes :D/[/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE]
I take it all back. He is a lurker. We need CODES!! :whee:

It's been that price with a -20% coupon on GMG and Gamefly (?), which made it $4 or so. In any case go ahead and buy it, because it's well worth $5 and why the bloody hell haven't you already?!?
Just got a laptop that can run it a couple weeks ago. Seriously. My old Toshiba Satellite had playability issues with some of the least demanding indie games imaginable.

Portal 2 is amazing. As is Portal 1. They're two "must play" games.
Do you believe everything GMG tells you?

The Cave Johnson messages alone are worth the price of admission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmH7tAJ0SfA

photo-410608.jpg

Do you believe everything GMG tells you?
Yes, yes I do.

Actually, their list of "50 Games You Must Play" does contain games which don't look out of place in the list, even if the list should really be "49 Popular Games We Can Sell @ 75% off, plus The Orange Box Which Also Contains Some of these Games and a Free game"

I'm sure one could suggest more games that should be in there though.

Yes, yes I do.

Actually, their list of "50 Games You Must Play" does contain games which don't look out of place in the list, even if the list should really be "49 Popular Games We Can Sell @ 75% off, plus The Orange Box Which Also Contains Some of these Games and a Free game"

I'm sure one could suggest more games that should be in there though.
Bad Rats is notoriously popular and yes, you can sell it @ 75% off :D/

the first one that quote me will get Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves

the 2nd one that quote me will get Finding Teddy

the 3rd one that quote me will get a Russian Jagged Alliance clone (BRIGADE E5: NEW JAGGED UNION)

the 4th one that quote me will get nothing but disappointment..

the first one that quote me will get Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves

the 2nd one that quote me will get Finding Teddy

the 3rd one that quote me will get a Russian Jagged Alliance clone (BRIGADE E5: NEW JAGGED UNION)

I'm just signing up for disappointment now.

You spodered what I wanted to Spoder. Darn.
lol.. it looks like he posted them in the Steam code drop thread anyway. I guess he preferred giving them to the lurkers.

9DVTM-BYW97-Q69WJ-9WVMY-28Y44

QE07W-MX5AN-57BBD

9AZWJ-DMKW0-VTZPE

5PZXH-99M9N-W9QXJ

5YMB4-98MGG-N3RIM

98VJR-PRIIP-0APZW
99% sure Warlock 2 was used before this was posted, I tried redeeming it immediately after the post.

Daily Indie Game has a bunch of repeats, but it's not a bad deal if you need them. All are steam keys.

Memories of a Vagabond

Bionic Dues

A Valley Without Wind (1 & 2)

Lightfish

Crystals of Time

Hacker Evolution Duality

$1.49 min, and you get two keys of each if you BTA ($1.54 right now).

http://www.dailyindiegame.com/content_bundle_8.html
For you card hunters:

Memories of a Vagabond, Bionic Dues, A Valley Without Wind 1 and Crystals of Time have cards. Hacker Evolution Duality's cards are still upcoming.

lol.. it looks like he posted them in the Steam code drop thread anyway. I guess he preferred giving them to the lurkers.

99% sure Warlock 2 was used before this was posted, I tried redeeming it immediately after the post.
Jesus, how cheap are you? Should have grabbed Warlock 2 Sooopah mage edition when it was $5 on Amazon.

Jesus, how cheap are you? Should have grabbed Warlock 2 Sooopah mage edition when it was $5 on Amazon.
I was cheap enough to buy it on Amazon and then resell it for profit because I know I'm never gonna play it. I'll get it when it's bundled. It's Paradox so it's only a matter of time.

Memories of a vagabond (STEAM): 6?HA9-6QHH7-4KCYP
? = The best single digit number

Hacker Evolution Duality (STEAM): QMI?Y-7CZL7-7NK30
= The second best single digit number

https://www.facebook.com/playblockstorm/app_121677374624060

1/50 change of instant free Blockstorm. Requires facebook likes. IndieGala taking advantage to the last minute.
Hey I got one. It only ttok me retrying once every five minutes for 3 and a half hours. This thing is screwy. Despite having a title (The title obviously being Blockstorm) it shows up in my liscenses and subscriptions as "UntitledApp for Beta Testing". Uh what?

well I'm out, they expect me to have 3 friends. when did this world become so anti-antisocial
There's a solution for that. Just like in kindergarten make up some imaginary people to be friends with on facebook.

Kojima should provide optional PS4 button icons in the new MGS releases... One does not simply play Metal Gear Solid with a 360 controller. Has any PC game ever done this?

God damn, I need to stop going to work. I miss the party every time.

Man, I sure hope you find a nice girl someday, but this misogynistic view of relationships probably won't really help with that.
I actually am in a great relationship with a really nice girl! It wasn't a misogynistic view as much as it was a realistic one. Unfortunately many, many humans aren't very great people. I only stated some generalizations, which I don't see to be wrong as long as they're understood to not be RULES. Just because something is (sadly) generally true doesn't mean it's ALWAYS true.

Almost all of my guy friends are assholes, and most of the girls I've been in relationships with have been manipulative twats. Doesn't mean they're the scum of the earth. People are imperfect, the point is overlooking those imperfections and having a realistic, forgiving view of things. I'm still friends with most of my exes, and on great terms, I'm just not dating them anymore.

Oh geeze, this is what I miss by just reading the last page (on 10 posts per page; shutup I'm on CAG via mobile a lot these days).

That whole thing is a mess, but if she finds a way to promote her game and she's not hurting anyone then who the hell cares? OMG a woman is having sex.

Bleh, I wouldn't start a whole topic of sexism and misogyny in the gaming community on here because
I'd feel the same, but she IS hurting people (most notably her boyfriend and the family of a married man she slept with).

I don't know why sexual allegations involving women all of a sudden get pushed into the "OMG You're being sexist/double standard/let women have sex" territory.

Male or female, using sex to manipulate press coverage for your game is disgusting and that's a bigger condemnation on the journalist who accepts it than the desperate dev with no self esteem.

Male or female, cheating on your significant other and sleeping with a married person shows a clear lack of any moral compass.

Male or female, don't sit there and complain about how your gender isn't respected properly in the gaming industry or just treated as a sex object... and then treat yourself like a sex object and try to sleep your way to the top.

But of course, because it's a woman and not a man we get this:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/zoe-quinn-slut-shaming-the-feminist-conspiracy-and-depression-quest

The Anti-Feminist Internet Targets 'Depression Quest' Game Creator Zoe Quinn
The bullshit debate should have ended here. Anyone defending this girl in any way whatsoever is an ignorant little cunt. Her actions were reprehensible and she deserves any flak she has received. She needs to get help.

Can we drop the idiotic unvalid "coverage" argument to attack her?

Yeah, lots of coverage indeed. Let's also forget that the only articles that even reference her and her game from the people she slept with were a generic list of Greenlight games, and a pseudo-indie scandal that didn't paint her in a good light anyways. But yeah guys, she totally "slept to the top", totally! This things should never have been made public, it's fucking disgusting all the mysognistic pieces of shit and MRA's and what they have been spewing the last couple of days. And that dude? Seems he well deserved to be cheated on, what a pussy-ass PoS.
Care to point to proof that she actually intended to manipulate people with sex? Or is it again nothing more than hearsay and trying to slut-shame her? Can you point to the proof that she didn't just have sex because she likes it? All this "oh she wanted to manipulate the media" is baseless assumption, not backed by any sort of proof or evidence.
5b1.gif

Looks like we got a few SJWs in this thread. It baffles me that people try to defend her cheating on her boyfriend with several people, one of whom was her married boss, with the idea that "maybe she just likes sex?" Maybe she does, but that doesn't mean you can fuck anything that walks without any repurcussions. Maybe she doesn't deserve death threats over the Internet, but she sure as hell doesn't deserve to have all charges dropped because "omg she's a wooman! all u ppl h8tin r sexist misogynst pigs lololol".

Then again, people will white knight anything on the Internet with a vagina.
+100.

I've received death threats over the internet for less. It's the internet, she's internet savvy. She'll get over it.

Oh the internet.

PS - Ashes now you see why I don't bring this shit up here.
You just bring up all the other shit. :p

The sexist/double standard territory is simple. It also has -nothing- to do with the details of any given application. I've read many times in this thread that a woman having sex with five guys is a "slut" (pejorative, labeling her as inferior). If a man has sex with five women there's no negative stigmatism/labeling (and well short of being a "playa"). This is a sexist double-standard.

Yep, under the veil of anonymity people with go on and on in a way that they otherwise wouldn't do in-person.
When have we talked about quintuple sluts? I'm upset that I've somehow missed this.

Honestly though, you sound like you're speaking from a different time. "Slut" is not a gender specific term in this day and age. The guy my last ex slept with? He was considered a slut by just about everyone who knew him. I have been considered a slut, and called as such. It's a very shallow claim to say that promiscuous males are somehow exempt from ridicule and only considered "playas". That's nonsense.

It is easier to believe that there is no sexism (or racism) if you're never experienced it.

Nobody wants to think of themselves as being bad people or part of a group that does bad things, thus they support arguments that reinforce their own view of being good.
No, there is sexism. There absolutely is, but the problem is that "sexism" is used as a scapegoat for far too many situations. Every gender has difficulties in a variety of different ways. Arguing about who has it worse is pointless, both sides should be acknowledged. No one, regardless of gender, should be given any excuses or support for WRONG actions. There is no "bad people". ALL people have badness within them, regardless of gender, race, anything.

Quinn's actions were wrong. I don't give a fuck if she has a vagina, penis, both, or neither. You reap what you sow, and she sowed some shit, so she's gonna get some shit.

Screw you girls and your sexism.

Men are constantly being shit on for being stupid, always being wrong, making more money than women and generally being more successful than they are. Hey, we aren't handed raises for wearing our testicles on the outside of our trousers. And we have to be outgoing enough to start a conversation with a woman; we're tasked with being responsible, successful, well-groomed, and logical/emotionally intelligent enough to balance out the dependent, emotional impulsiveness women bring into relationships. We have to live with the fact that a woman's primary love will always be her children and that we are replaceable in her heart. Not only that, but all of the images forced on us to look more like the modern day Adonis Ryan Reynolds without his shirt on mean we have to use hygienic products with chemical additives to block testosterone and increase progesterone production. We're progressively being made more effeminate in an effort to be pimple-free and smell nice for you women. AND we have to deal with PMS without being offended.
While I'd imagine this was mostly a joke, it's a humorous ring of truth. Everyone has to deal with a variety of difficulties brought on by who they are, what they were born as, what their sexual orientation is, etc. That's why I abhor groups like feminists and MRA both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back