Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good, I already have it.  Now I can feel secure that it's forever in my backlog, never to be played, rather than feeling compelled to research it and possibly become interested and actually want to play it.  Phew!

Thanks for this -- I'll hold on to it but I'm sure they'll edit them before the sale.
MBMPNwC.jpg

Shattered Horizon is gone from Steam Store. Per the developer:

You can still buy it via Desura (activates on Steam) if it's worth $10 to you to showcase a dead game.
It was always one of those games I kept passing on and hoping that maybe it would just stow away in some crap bundle I bought anyway or something. It's a dead multiplayer game that I guess you can play with bots but eh, not worth 10 panic dollars to me.

Most old codes will expire before the new batch comes though.
There have been reports of expired codes still working but I don't know that it's worth chancing.

I've never heard of this game but it looks decent. The HUD reminds me of Dead Space. Does Desura ever have coupon codes or discounts?
They leave everything up to the developers in terms of sales so it seems unlikely this guy will put it on sale at this point.

Aldorlea's next game is Waifu Girlfriend Rescue.
http://www.aldorlea.org/girlfriendrescue.php

FEATURES:
  • Enthralling Adventure Set in a Modern World
  • Stunning Artworks from the Team Behind Moonchild, The Book of Legends and Undefeated
  • Rename all your characters to yourself, your friends, your family - whoever you want, really
  • 14 Bonus Items to Obtain Upon Completing Each World
  • Innovative and Strategic Battles
  • Original and Inventive Spells Unique to Each Character
  • Incredible Set of Items, Weapons and Equipment
  • Tons of Status Ailments to Enhance the Strategic Aspect
  • 6 Modes of Difficulty (including Rogue, Maniac & Legendary, but also Easy)
  • Visible Encounters, Auto-Save & Optional Mouse Control
  • Great Replay Value with Tons of Possible Parties
  • Cast of 9 Characters to Choose from, Not Including 4 Unlockable "Secret" Ones
  • 79-page Strategy Guide Available if You Need it
SUMMARY:
Girlfriend Rescue is a thrilling new adventure with an enthralling story where "Taken" meets "24".
Innovative in many aspects, mixing rogue-style RPG and Beat 'em Up in a unique way, this game is a clear departure from the usual Fantasy formula.

You have very little time to find where your girlfriend has been taken, and to defeat whoever did it.
It seems a tough and big task. But true love doesn't calculate - it's the highest form of emotion, and this is why you just go after her... death or success, what will it be? Maybe YOU can decide on the outcome!

[customspoiler=screenshots]
eYoyAG3.jpg

stCy6pI.jpg
VZbfJRQ.jpg

Zdt4OPm.jpg

[/customspoiler]

It's not on Steam yet but you know it will happen. For now, you can buy it for the low price of $14.99 and don't forget to buy the guide for $6.99.

Aldorlea's next game is Waifu Girlfriend Rescue.
http://www.aldorlea.org/girlfriendrescue.php

FEATURES:

• Enthralling Adventure Set in a Modern World
  • Stunning Artworks from the Team Behind Moonchild, The Book of Legends and Undefeated
  • Rename all your characters to yourself, your friends, your family - whoever you want, really
  • 14 Bonus Items to Obtain Upon Completing Each World
  • Innovative and Strategic Battles
  • Original and Inventive Spells Unique to Each Character
  • Incredible Set of Items, Weapons and Equipment
  • Tons of Status Ailments to Enhance the Strategic Aspect
  • 6 Modes of Difficulty (including Rogue, Maniac & Legendary, but also Easy)
  • Visible Encounters, Auto-Save & Optional Mouse Control
  • Great Replay Value with Tons of Possible Parties
  • Cast of 9 Characters to Choose from, Not Including 4 Unlockable "Secret" Ones
  • 79-page Strategy Guide Available if You Need it
SUMMARY:
Girlfriend Rescue is a thrilling new adventure with an enthralling story where "Taken" meets "24".
Innovative in many aspects, mixing rogue-style RPG and Beat 'em Up in a unique way, this game is a clear departure from the usual Fantasy formula.

You have very little time to find where your girlfriend has been taken, and to defeat whoever did it.
It seems a tough and big task. But true love doesn't calculate - it's the highest form of emotion, and this is why you just go after her... death or success, what will it be? Maybe YOU can decide on the outcome!

[customspoiler=screenshots]
eYoyAG3.jpg

stCy6pI.jpg
VZbfJRQ.jpg

Zdt4OPm.jpg

[/customspoiler]

It's not on Steam yet but you know it will happen. For now, you can buy it for the low price of $14.99 and don't forget to buy the guide for $6.99.
no one cares

Does anyone know if you can buy $5 giftcards at the Gamestop stores? I did that 'install this app you DGAF about to get a $5 Gamestop coupon' thing that all the console kids are going on about thinking I could get a 99 cents (plus tax :roll:) Sim City Origin key only to find out the coupon is in store only.
[Insert Price Is Right Losing Horn]
Did you call them + ask if they'll match their digital download price for the retail in-store copy?
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I was able to use my Gamestop coupon in-store on the digital download version of SSFIVAE. Currently $7.49 online, I ended up paying $2.49 + tax. No hassle at all, in and out in 2 minutes. The employee looked up the game in the computer, rang it up, and manually entered the coupon code. Steam key shows up at the bottom of the receipt. Might be YMMV, but worth a shot for anyone who wants Sim City for a buck.

EDIT: The game actually registered as Ultra Street Fighter IV. So yeah, that's pretty nice. Or not.

And, like DXHR, I'm sure they'll still charge for the new edition... with a loyalty discount that doesn't stack with sales thus allowing new buyers to get it at the same price.  Which is really insulting in the case of Undead Labs since they really needed those original buyers versus a monolith like Ubisoft Montreal.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I was able to use my Gamestop coupon in-store on the digital download version of SSFIVAE. Currently $7.49 online, I ended up paying $2.49 + tax. No hassle at all, in and out in 2 minutes. The employee looked up the game in the computer, rang it up, and manually entered the coupon code. Steam key shows up at the bottom of the receipt. Might be YMMV, but worth a shot for anyone who wants Sim City for a buck.

EDIT: The game actually registered as Ultra Street Fighter IV. So yeah, that's pretty nice.
Someone else in the thread about the Sim City deal (which is now dead) said the Gamestop drone told him he couldn't use it on Digital Downloads so as usual with those console people style price match target to walmart to k-mart to sears and ask for the kid's manager and show them a pic of the website on your phone and argue for a half hour type of deals it seems to be very YMMV.

Do NOT buy Bound By Flame, its a piece of junk
Don't worry, no one else but you was even considering paying $20 for it anyway.

I need to make an Idiotekque companion to rescue waifu!

EDIT: The game actually registered as Ultra Street Fighter IV. So yeah, that's pretty nice.
I think all versions of SSF4 were changed to say Ultra in Steam library, but aren't actually Ultra version.

So Mooby, have you not enjoyed the game thus far.  Yes, it was just hanging in the backlog, it would suck.  However, I thought you were actually playing this game.

For what it is worth, I was suprised at the how to survive DLC being bundled on steam (sale ended yesterday with base game).  Again, if just hanging in the backlog, I understand regret.

I find this in the link you posted; We’ll crank on that through the fall, and plan to release State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition, both digitally on Xbox One and PC/Steam, and at retail, in spring 2015.

So Mooby, have you not enjoyed the game thus far. Yes, it was just hanging in the backlog, it would suck. However, I thought you were actually playing this game.

For what it is worth, I was suprised at the how to survive DLC being bundled on steam (sale ended yesterday with base game). Again, if just hanging in the backlog, I understand regret.

I find this in the link you posted; We’ll crank on that through the fall, and plan to release State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition, both digitally on Xbox One and PC/Steam, and at retail, in spring 2015.
I did but... I'm still ENRAGED!

Ok.  Seriously I get it, especially being a CAG.

I committed a CAG sin of buying Diablo 3 expansion at under $24 when if I would have waited a month, I could have bought it for $20.

Nevertheless, CAGs should thank you for taking one for the team.  Now we will wait until the discount sometime Winter of 2015 or Spring of 2016.  Set your calendars now.

Ok. Seriously I get it, especially being a CAG.

I committed a CAG sin of buying Diablo 3 expansion at under $24 when if I would have waited a month, I could have bought it for $20.

Nevertheless, CAGs should thank you for taking one for the team. Now we will wait until the discount sometime Winter of 2015 or Spring of 2016. Set your calendars now.
I don't know what the hell is wrong w/ me - but I can't stop playing Diablo III, since buying RoS for $20 this past Sunday.

Usually, once I beat a Campaign - I'm done w/ it.

Not w/ D3, now w/ RoS installed.

And this is even after playing the Campaign, finishing Act 5 w/ my Witchdoctor. I can't shake this damn game - whether it's for 1 hour or 2 hours a day, I *have* to play it + get more loot, do some Bounties/Trophies in Adventure Mode!

I don't know what the hell is wrong w/ me - but I can't stop playing Diablo III, since buying RoS for $20 this past Sunday.

Usually, once I beat a Campaign - I'm done w/ it.

Not w/ D3, now w/ RoS installed.

And this is even after playing the Campaign, finishing Act 5 w/ my Witchdoctor. I can't shake this damn game - whether it's for 1 hour or 2 hours a day, I *have* to play it + get more loot, do some Bounties/Trophies in Adventure Mode!
Wow look at you. It's like you almost are doing it right.

Adventure mode is a pain in the ass, go do bounties and get 5 riftsones and then go into a rift and still get shit loot, thanks Blizzard

Adventure mode is a pain in the ass, go do bounties and get 5 riftsones and then go into a rift and still get shit loot, thanks Blizzard
adventure mode is where you get the shit to open rifts.....some essential items only drop in certain acts as well. Royal Ring of Grandeur drops in act one...so doing act 1 bounties and getting loot chests from it is a good way to get it...unless that changed in the patch

adventure mode is where you get the shit to open rifts.....some essential items only drop in certain acts as well. Royal Ring of Grandeur drops in act one...so doing act 1 bounties and getting loot chests from it is a good way to get it...unless that changed in the patch
I did one Nephalem Rift - and was successful. :D

I really don't like where  the video game industry is going.  Taking 90 percent of a game, slapping on a new coat of paint and a few extra bells and whistles and acting like it is something new is just plain lazy. (and greedy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back