Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
They finally implement some features that should have been obvious additions years ago and they get accused of ripping off Enhanced Steam. :lol:
Well, the only reason they added this is because JShackles beat them at their own game.

They refuse to hire him. They SHOULD have hired him. But noooooooooo.

"Hey, we've noticed you're playing a lot of Space Dragons lately. Were you even aware that you own Space Dragons II? You got it from a bundle like eighteen months ago..."
Great - so now just b/c of the actual key-code itself, Steam knows where my key came from exactly?

Is Steam now Big Brother?

I have two main gripes about the new storefront:

1. Deals are shoved to the lower half of the page. 

2. Related to the complaint above: I don't think I want a bunch of "discoverability" between the top of the page and my deals. 

Okay, one more:

3. The thumbnails on the Weeklong Deals page are freaking tiny! And it's multiple pages. zzzzz

I do like the addition of ES stuff like wishlisted, stuff you own, etc. It still has a long way to go towards offering everything ES has though.

Well, the only reason they added this is because JShackles beat them at their own game.

Why should they have hired him? He offered up his resume uh 14 thousand times and they weren't interested any of those times. I'm not seeing anything from similar from ES in this update apart from the fact that it's ugly.

I doubt it's the only reason. Knowing how slowly valve works on these things, they probably had this feature on the "TODO" list for months/years before Enhanced Steam came around. I do think that ES hurried them along, though.

That's not how business works.

Great - so now just b/c of the actual key-code itself, Steam knows where my key came from exactly?
Is Steam now Big Brother?
Did you actually read the post that he quoted?

Oh, and they definitely know some already: IG, Humble, Groupees all tell Steam directly, and at least some of the other devs had keys marked as part of a bundle.

main gripes about the new storefront:

1. Deals are shoved to the lower half of the page.
2. Related to the complaint above: I don't think I want a bunch of "discoverability" between the top of the page and my deals.
3. The thumbnails on the Weeklong Deals page are freaking tiny! And it's multiple pages. zzzzz
They definitely seem to have taken some of the focus off of discounts. They've reduced the discount percentage contrast (between the percentage and its background) so severely that it's almost impossible to read on my laptop without upping the backlight.

I'm also far less thrilled now that I've seen how they're doing the wishlist/in-cart/owned highlighting (it's client-side like ES was), and that they didn't include inventory highlighting at the same time.

This redesign seems to be aimed almost entirely at people who a) don't know what games exist and b) have no idea which of those games they'd like. I'm neither so it all just comes off as a forced web 2.0 pseudo-social-media waste of space.

I'd also like to point out the obvious - the only reason "curation" and "discoverability" are needed in the first place is because they let so many hundreds of irredeemably awful games onto the store.

HALP MY STEAM IS DIFFERENT

hqdefault.jpg

Need more user customization of the Queue.

I appreciate that you're trying to show me new experiences to consider, Valve, but there are some things I will just never say 'Yes' to....

Is it just me or is it broken? If you look at the weeklong deals it only shows games you own on the first page. Once you scroll down lower it stops showing them.

Edit: Through Chrome that is. The client works ok because you have to click for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pages

Is it just me or is it broken? If you look at the weeklong deals it only shows games you own on the first page. Once you scroll down lower it stops showing them.

Edit: Through Chrome that is. The client works ok because you have to click for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pages
I have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pages on Chrome and IE

Disable Enhanced Steam.

Things I like about new Steam:

How steam dims out games I already own in the store window

How you can filter out early access and  unreleased games

What I don't like:

the discovery queue.  I hardly needed a new feature to find a list of the newest 50 and 60 dollar games that came out recently.  After 70 something games, I have yet to see a "hey, you played --blank--, maybe you'd like this one".

I played about three hours of Major Mayhem and beat it. It's nicely paced for a quick playthrough. I enjoyed what little humor there was in the game, and the graphics were good enough to not be a nuisance after an extended period of time.

I say buy it. Or play it if you own it.

I played about three hours of Major Mayhem and beat it. It's nicely paced for a quick playthrough. I enjoyed what little humor there was in the game, and the graphics were good enough to not be a nuisance after an extended period of time.

I say buy it. Or play it if you own it.
It's a fun timewaster.

The achievements are annoying and grindy as heck though.

Things I like about new Steam:

How steam dims out games I already own in the store window

How you can filter out early access and unreleased games

What I don't like:

the discovery queue. I hardly needed a new feature to find a list of the newest 50 and 60 dollar games that came out recently. After 70 something games, I have yet to see a "hey, you played --blank--, maybe you'd like this one".
Really because for me on the main page of the store that shit just goes on and on neverending.

Scroll down and you get.

Because you just played.

Because you own.

Because you looked at this one games page.

Because you own a game in this genre.

Because you like games with this kind of content.

Because you look like you might be a bit hungry.

Because that girl at the counter at the grocery store looked a little bit like one of the characters in this game.

Because you just farted you might like some games with farts in them.

Because we like to harrass you.

Because we said so.

Because why not.

Because reasons?

Because eh.

Just because.

Still looking for more check out a random game.

Last edited:
Im kinda mad today cause i cant use my mj laugh gifs anymore thanks to mr squirrel boy.

New Releases

Stronghold Crusader 2- $49.99

Fritz Chess 14- $35.99

Bionic Heart 2- $14.99

Magicmaker- $8.99

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery- Episode 2- $3.99

Super Chain Crusher Horizon- $12.74

Sleazy Access

LogicBots- $17.99

The Long Dark- $19.99
got stronghold crusdor specioal editon from russia man for 75% off ehhe so suck it. 95% will be bundle fodder

Really because for me on the main page of the store that shit just goes on and on neverending.

Scroll down and you get.

Because you just played.

Because you own.

Because that girl at the counter at the grocery store looked a little bit like one of the characters in this game.

Because we said so.

Because why not.

Because reasons?

Because eh.

Just because.

Oh COOL.. I hadn't even noticed that. It's in a weird place below info that usually at the bottom of pages. (like company info). That's more like what I was looking for. One section I don't like is recommendations just because I looked at some other game's page, though.

That system might need some work. I mean, I hate to disagree with them, but I don't think I need a second copy of Saints Row 4 GoTC edition just because I "recently played Saints Row 3". :)

Oh COOL.. I hadn't even noticed that. It's in a weird place below info that usually at the bottom of pages. (like company info). That's more like what I was looking for. One section I don't like is recommendations just because I looked at some other game's page, though.
Yeah I hear you. Every once in a while I'll check out the sale pages and find some game I haven't heard of or have forgotten and I'll click it and it will be utter bullshit. I don't want Steam to suddenly start spewing stuff like "hey since you looked at this game we've decided that you like eating shit so here's some more shit for you to eat. fuck that.

Last edited:
I would like to know the answer as well. Also how is the base game?
Not very good. I'd stay away.

It's not bad per se, it's just that every mission has a gold/silver/bronze setting which encourages you to complete the objective within x turns. I like to take my time with turn-based strategies and I dislike being hurried. Elven Legacy just didn't sit well with me.

Stay clear.

The new storefront reminds me of that time I threw up 10 tacos worth of Taco Bell (after only eating 2 tacos). I didn't like looking at that either. GabeN needs to hire a new web designer or at least wean the current one off the X before publishing.

Scroll down and you get.

Because you just played.

Because you own.

Because we said so.

Because why not.

Because reasons?

Because eh.

Just because.

Holy crap, you're not kidding! The page goes on forever now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back