Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am trying to save up for new video cards so my game spending is restricted.

If you had a choice between these three games and could only buy/play one which would it be:
Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor
Last of Us Remastered (I know not a Steam game)

Really thinking about switching to one platform (PC) for gaming because it is hard to juggle marriage with one year kid, work and a PS4, PS3, PSVita, PS2, Xbox One, Xbox 360, NES and PC. Try to get back into once kid is old enough and if he likes games not trying to make a mini me want him to be his own person.

So I am trying to save up for new video cards so my game spending is restricted.

If you had a choice between these three games and could only buy/play one which would it be:
Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

Really thinking about switching to one platform (PC) for gaming because it is hard to juggle marriage with one year kid, work and a PS4, PS3, PSVita, PS2, Xbox One, Xbox 360, NES and PC. Try to get back into once kid is old enough and if he likes games not trying to make a mini me want him to be his own person.
The Last of Us.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

Last of Us :)

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

The Last of Us Remastered, even though I have a copy to play for my PS4.

...Try to get back into once kid is old enough and if he likes games not trying to make a mini me want him to be his own person.
150px-Red_Hulk_(Earth-20051)_Marvel_Adventures_Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_37.jpg

In regards to your question, don't buy any of those and play some of your backlog. FakeCAG :speaktothehand:

Stupid ass Shadow of Mordor. I am forced to play with Medium textures because I don't have more than 2GB of vram. That ain't right. Some of these textures are ugly as hell. There are two texture levels above me that I'm missing out on, I didn't pay $350 for a GTX770 for this. :nottalking:

Stupid ass Shadow of Mordor. I am forced to play with Medium textures because I don't have more than 2GB of vram. That ain't right. Some of these textures are ugly as hell. There are two texture levels above me that I'm missing out on, I didn't pay $350 for a GTX770 for this. :nottalking:
Could be worse. I bought a 680 4GB card and I still got these "HD" sandwiches!

9gGYa0e.jpg

It doesnt look that great on ps4 either. The water looks good though and the orcs faces look good too but Talion's face looks half-detailed. Plus the whole game uses gray and black colors since it is Mordor after all.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

definitely not watch dogs based off of what i've heard, comparatively. last of us is the critically most well received, but i'd pick shadow of mordor.

Haha. Even my 1GB VRAM card plays with medium textures :D

50+ fps.

I played it on Ultra using a GTX 980 (you do NOT need 6GB of VRAM) and most of the textures look like complete ass. It's a console port, there's nothing you can do to not make it look like shit.

Groupees is doing preorder mystery bundles.

Indie Royale is doing mystery bundles.

How long until Humble follows suit? :p

These keys can be used in the U.S.? I hope......

Edit: also when it says "your key only works for a limited time." I am assuming once you use the key, the game is yours? Or do get to play the game for a limited time?

Weird, I have a very old prime account that long ago expired and it game me a steam key.
Could you re-friends me as since you left in a huff my Steam client keeps showing two new unread chat messages from 'unknown' and I can't clear it being marked as read.

Also...

I played it on Ultra using a GTX 980 (you do NOT need 6GB of VRAM) and most of the textures look like complete ass. It's a console port, there's nothing you can do to not make it look like shit.
Money well spent.

Could you re-friends me as since you left in a huff my Steam client keeps showing two new unread chat messages from 'unknown' and I can't clear it being marked as read.

Also...

Money well spent.
Are you done being rude again? I have to keep putting you in time out until you settle down.

Endless Legend is the IGN free game of the month for those awesome enough to have glitched accounts.

Madjoki' by a mile

South Park licensed tables up next for FX2!

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4908
I'm pretty excited about this. The possibilities are endless.

Endless Legend is free for IGN Prime members while supplies last.

http://uk.ign.com/prime/promo/endless-legend
I just saw that the next batch was coming out 10/8, so I think I'll wait and sign up just before then. That way my 1 month membership should still be in effect when they do the November game.

Sleepydawgs Dorfinitive is available for preorder, and it's half off for owners of the previous game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307690/

And here I just activated the original hoping that it would be a free upgrade. Ha ha ha. Ow.

I need to find a cheap copy for funsies.
I think I'm passing on this -- just as I passed on the Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut -- for a good long while... if not forever. I've played them both and am only very mildly interested in returning to a slightly improved version.

"improvement" details:

Now I know that a fair few PC gamers are asking what the difference between the Definitive Edition and the original game with an HD textures pack is - here's your answer: we've redone a lot more than just the textures. We've also reworked character faces, added particle and ambient effects such as volumetric fog. Furthermore, the draw distances have been substantially improved and the gameplay has seen a lot of tweaking. Things that might have been too easy or difficult have been rejigged. Additional breakable enviroment objects have also been introduced so you can have more fun tossing enemy thugs around. On top of all these technical improvements, you've also got the added bonus of almost all previously released DLC packs - that includes outfits, cars and extra story-extending content that amounts to over three hours of additional story gameplay.

Endless Legend is the IGN free game of the month for those awesome enough to have glitched accounts.

Madjoki' by a mile
I havent paid much attention to the ign prime stuff, any examples of some of the other keys they've put out? Had my eye on endless legend so if the next game in a week and the one in november are good seems like a no-brainer for a month subscription

I havent paid much attention to the ign prime stuff, any examples of some of the other keys they've put out? Had my eye on endless legend so if the next game in a week and the one in november are good seems like a no-brainer for a month subscription
The Walking Dead S2 was last month. Reus was up at some point. And a lot of various iOS games. It's a tossup really what you get.

The Walking Dead S2 was last month. Reus was up at some point. And a lot of various iOS games. It's a tossup really what you get.
Ahh alright, its just hard to keep straight which is a prime game, and which were just free in general. I thought most of the ios ones were just free for all like hitman go

-edit

great, sign up for prime, go to get key, sorry no more keys. WTF

As with all Destiny patches, the update is free of charge. For full details on the patch visit Bungie's blog.

I read this and almost choke.  Only in 2014, can we have this as news.  Since when we need to pay for patches?

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

Dragon Age: Inquisition. ;)

As with all Destiny patches, the update is free of charge. For full details on the patch visit Bungie's blog.

I read this and almost choke. Only in 2014, can we have this as news. Since when we need to pay for patches?
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Editon

Tomb Raider Definitive Editon

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro Last Light Redux

Deus ex Human Revolution Director's Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back