Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!HOT!!! THE CAGGENING PART 1 - CAG HACK SCANDAL SET~~~

ASHESKITTY
pawlickcat-imageSmfl.jpg

MRNINJASQUIRREL (FULL NUDE + SWALLOWS)
Stubs-butt.png

1205881769_squirrel_with_nuts.jpg

enhanced-buzz-16108-1289424850-3.jpg
MINDLINK
La_Plan_te_Sauvage_5.JPG.jpeg

tumblr_ljntigQQjO1qhs7aqo1_400.jpg

MYSTERD
572px-Toastmaster_toaster.JPG

man-risked-roasting-his-chestnuts-bizarre-mishap.jpg
FOXHACK + CHEAPLIKEAFOX CAUGHT TOGETHER!!!!!

2+foxy.jpg

Foxes.jpg

two-red-foxes.jpg

LOSTNUMBER
Black_blank.jpg

***MORE CUMMING SOON***
i'm not gonna lie

att0Jes.jpg

So...I jumped on the X Com promotion going on with GMG and Playfire. Already had EU but really wanted EW.

Signed up yesterday and did the voting. Received confirmation e-mails that I would be getting my keys.

Wake up this morning and have two e-mails from them. I figured, "Cool! One is the free code for EU; the other is the discount code for EW!"

Open up the e-mails and BOTH codes are for discounted EWs.

Weird.

And for what it is worth since it was a topic of discussion: I already had around five hours on EU and had the achievement for the tutorial unlocked and still received the EW code(s). Now if I can just figure out why they didn't send me the EU code....but, if I can't, I'm surely not going to complain because I wanted the EW code much more. :D
I signed into playfire last night - and right after that, I got 2 EW coupons.

Probably since I already earned "And so it begins" Achievement when they did the last EU Free weekend on Steam...and b/c I hardly NEVER-EVER run Playfire.

Like, I probably ain't used Playfire since its launcher was 1st released.

I never got my EU code, either - even though they said it'd be coming.

Still ain't here.

Spoder was kind enough to hook me up w/ EU key, since mine look like it went to Limbo.

Any word on whether AC Unity will be bundled with video cards? I wanna get it for cheap!
Yeah, that would be nice to know - since I do what a new vid-card, eventually....i.e. 4GV VRAM Nvidia GF 970.

Given how #ParityGate been going on w/ Ubi and how some other PC ports been of late (FF13 PC, TEW PC), might be a while before I bite on wanting any games ASAP.

Especially after this read - which would NOT surprise me, if it's actually true:

Guru 3D -> UbiSoft engineer says Microsoft + Sony are pressuring PC versions to be set at 30 frames per second.

ASHESKITTY

pawlickcat-imageSmfl.jpg

Stubs-butt.png

MINDLINK

MYSTERD

2+foxy.jpg
Foxes.jpg

two-red-foxes.jpg

LOSTNUMBER

Black_blank.jpg

***MORE CUMMING SOON***
this was great

bookmarked for future liking

stupid like limit needs to go

Best post on CAG in ages
agreed

Clearly, the appropriate response is to "like" both Blade's post & Spoder's post.
like.png

We were under 18 in that last picture. Reported to Playfire.
which of you was on top in that last pic?

ASHESKITTY

pawlickcat-imageSmfl.jpg

Stubs-butt.png

MINDLINK

MYSTERD

2+foxy.jpg
Foxes.jpg

two-red-foxes.jpg

LOSTNUMBER

Black_blank.jpg

***MORE CUMMING SOON***
I'm so embarrassed. I knew that pic would come back to bite me on the ass. I couldn't help it. I was young inexperienced still learning so much about the world and I needed the money. I was told it wouldn't be posted on the internet. I should have known better.

why would they do that? the PC crowd didn't really bother to buy console game to begin with even if both versions are running at 30 fps. I seriously won't run out to buy a brand new console just to play a multiplatform game (even if there are nothing difference in term of graphic or framerate across the board). I will just continue buying game on PC.

why would they do that? the PC crowd didn't really bother to buy console game to begin with even if both versions are running at 30 fps. I seriously won't run out to buy a brand new console just to play a multiplatform game (even if there are nothing difference in term of graphic or framerate across the board). I will just continue buying game on PC.
Conspiracy theory time.

Why would Microsoft + Sony make companies do that?

To make their consoles look better. This could cause more sales of actual console systems + console versions of games. It'd look like "more parity" across the board, making PC + console versions are even closer than what they really should be.

This probably is also to sway console gamers away even trying PC gaming.

And if PC gamers get fed up w/ these kind of ports, maybe M$ + Sony hope they'll just flee to consoles.

Why would game companies listen to Microsoft + Sony?

B/c they (M$ + Sony) would probably throw money their way - why else?

EDIT:

Just like yourself - I'm a hardcore PC gamer, so it's gonna take a lot to sway me to become a console gamer. I have no real problem w/ 30FPS lock, as long as the game doesn't much below that very often. If it's locked to 30FPS - it better freaking stay there and most of the time be smooth like silk.

Of course, I would always prefer 60FPS.

Conspiracy theory time.

To make their consoles look better. This could cause more sales of actual console systems + console versions of games. It'd look like "more parity" across the board, making PC + console versions are even closer than what they really should be.

This probably is also to sway console gamers away even trying PC gaming.

And if PC gamers get fed up w/ these kind of ports, maybe they'll just flee to consoles.

Why would game companies listen to Microsoft + Sony?

B/c they (M$ + Sony) would probably throw money their way - why else?
Of course even if they gimp PC releases to make console versions look better the users will just fix that in less than a day anyway defeating the purpose of doing so in the first place.

Of course even if they gimp PC releases to make console versions look better the users will just fix that in less than a day anyway defeating the purpose of doing so in the first place.
One would hope modders would pull a Durante and just go fix it!

Doesn't mean it'll always happen.

Even then - gamers w/ a PC version would still have to jump through another hoop or 2 just to get the improved version of the game.

Some gamers just wanna pick-up and play. They don't wanna deal w/ modding, PC-upkeep + that stuff.

Also, this kind of basic PC porting job could make things easier for companies multi-platforming to do a PC version - i.e. game companies could save more $ by doing the cheapest + most basic PC versions you can think of.

I like Borderlands, but this is the #1 gripe I have with the game. The loot is just awful. The game may have 8 bajillion guns, but 99.999999% of them are poop.
To be fair, a huge number of them can't be decent. Just look at them as a source of income, pick them up and sell them, or run right by. I do wish it wasn't quite so stingy with the Legendaries though. Draekon is right, UVHM is a bitch unless you're loaded up with Orange weapons... and very specific Orange weapons at that.

Two items on my wishlist for BL3:

1. Instanced loot.

2. Slightly higher drop rate for good weapons. (i.e. normal people can get them -- not just crazy weapon farmers)

Conspiracy theory time.

This is less a conspiracy, and more blatant fact.

I have nothing against consoles, but anyone who says they can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, or 30fps vs 60fps, is lying to themselves. Edit: And don't get me started on 30fps being "cinematic". :lol:

I can't tell 30fps from 60fps.  Given that I have a PC with a fairly robust video card, I don't have any real reason to lie about this.  I just can't.  I've looked at the gifs that try to illustrate it and still... nope.  Maybe if I concentrate real hard, I can sorta see a difference but I'm not playing video games by staring hard at a debris cloud and trying to discern if I can tell what the frame rate is.

I have nothing against consoles, but anyone who says they can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, or 30fps vs 60fps, is lying to themselves. Edit: And don't get me started on 30fps being "cinematic". :lol:
if I sit 20-30 feet away, on my couch.. would I be able to tell the difference?

This is less a conspiracy, and more blatant fact.

30FPS when FPS drops = Won't be butter smooth. It could get quite choppy, especially if it drops too much...like in half; and especially if it remains in that area for a bit.

60FPS when FPS drops a bit = you'll get a stutter + slow-down, but likely it'll be smooth even if it drops and is still above 30FPS (i.e. say 40 FPS). The game just won't feel as smooth + as fast as it normally would, if it ain't at 60FPS.

Oh yeah, major difference b/t 720p and 1080p - especially sitting ultra-close to your PC monitor.

I can't tell 30fps from 60fps. Given that I have a PC with a fairly robust video card, I don't have any real reason to lie about this. I just can't. I've looked at the gifs that try to illustrate it and still... nope. Maybe if I concentrate real hard, I can sorta see a difference but I'm not playing video games by staring hard at a debris cloud and trying to discern if I can tell what the frame rate is.
You might want to see a doctor about that, I think your body is running at 30 fps.

Daily Deal
Strike Vector - $11.99 $2.99

Weekend Deals
Trine Enchanted Edition - $14.99 $2.99
Trine 2: Complete Story - $19.99 $3.99
Blade Symphony - $14.99 $3.74
Killing Floor - $19.99 $4.99
Company of Heroes 2 - $39.99 $9.99
Awesomenauts - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $29.99 $7.5
GRID 2 - $29.99 $7.49
PAYDAY 2 - $29.99 $7.49
Don't Starve - $14.99 $5.09
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - $19.99 $9.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $19.99 $3.99

It also looks like some private pics got out while I was gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back