Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucius is today's at DailyIndieGame, and ITAD.com shows it's at 11x. Wonder if that's the current World Rebundle Champ.

The Witcher 3 Devs heard you like preorder dlc.

FullHD-EN_001.png

.. was this a joke or were you serious? o_O about it getting dark. I see a post after with a spoiler tag. Guess bottom line is would you let an 8 year old play it? I also have Blue Rose from an indie galla. Would that be a better first visual novel style game for her?
Not a joke (though I know it sounds like one). I'm not sure if I'd let an 8yo play it. If there was a way to limit it to just the cute, comical parts of the game (which are fine) then sure, but it all sort of weaves together and might be a bit more mature than they ought to be playing. I haven't played Blue Rose, though it looks rather a lot less heavy as far as subject matter goes, so it would likely be a better choice in that regard.

You seem to watch a lot of anime, so would you let your daughter watch something like Steins;gate? (not a direct analogy but the closest I can think of now, in terms of themes and execution). That's the best answer I can give, really.

Guys, I have Max Payne 3 and FEAR 3 installed on Steam. How do I make them appear in my Windows 8 start menu??? I want them to have a shortcut.

Double post

Actually, I'll use this post to say that apparently the Witcher 3 DLC will be free to everyone whether you pre-order or buy the game later.

Where can I go to see what keys have been added to bundles recently again? IGBWiki seems to be abandoned.

Daily Deal
Fuse - $99.99 $24.99

Weekend Deals
Tropico 5 - $39.99 $19.99
Wolfenstein: The New Order - $59.99 $29.99
Lego Batman - $19.99 $4.99
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes - $19.99 $4.99
Lego The Hobbit - $19.99 $4.99
Lego Lord of the Rings - $19.99 $4.99
The Lego Movie Videogame - $19.99 $4.99
Lego Marvel - $19.99 $4.99
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 - $19.99 $4.99
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $19.99 $4.99
Every time I don't see LEGO Indiana Jones on these lists I die a little inside.

So UBI isn't releasing anything new on steam. Thats smart.
I hope that's just a negotiating tactic. I could actually go until the end of time and never play another Ubisoft game and I'd be just fine, but at least if they're on Steam there's a chance I pick one up when it's on sale for a reasonable price in a complete package.

Every time I don't see LEGO Indiana Jones on these lists I die a little inside.

I hope that's just a negotiating tactic. I could actually go until the end of time and never play another Ubisoft game and I'd be just fine, but at least if they're on Steam there's a chance I pick one up when it's on sale for a reasonable price in a complete package.
They'll probably start blaming their losses for the year on pirates again.

Yeah, it's not like thousands of people are asking them to release the game on Steam or anything.

So UBI isn't releasing anything new on steam. Thats smart.
It's starting to look like Netflix and the studios splintering off and leaving Netflix with fewer big name properties to advertise. I mean, yeah yeah Uplay and Origin and all but Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed and Dragon Age: Inquisition are some pretty big titles that people are looking forward to.

But then I don't care much about which platform it's on. I'm just as likely to buy FC4 on Uplay as I would have been on Steam.

If you want Far Cry 4/AC Unity or The Crew and you don't care about Steam anyway you're better off finding someone with a gift voucher from a video card purchase atm, bound to be cheaper.

You know, the first 20 minutes after they removed the games I was thinking 'man, I guess they'll be announcing their own platform sometime soon then'.

Didn't even dawn on me Uplay was already there. How sad is that.

Uh, fixed that for you?
I don't accept sarcasm font. :shame:

If you want Far Cry 4/AC Unity or The Crew and you don't care about Steam anyway you're better off finding someone with a gift voucher from a video card purchase atm, bound to be cheaper.
And even better buying it from Origin India if you want Gold Edition. Dem rupees.

How can they really remove that stuff after taking pre-orders? Are they keeping prior orders intact and just blocking future sales?

You know, the first 20 minutes after they removed the games I was thinking 'man, I guess they'll be announcing their own platform sometime soon then'.

Didn't even dawn on me Uplay was already there. How sad is that.
That's b/c I'm probably the only person here actually using UPlay and Origin. ;)

Even if the new Ubi games were released on steam, it'd still launch uplay, so... 

I guess all you're really missing out on is the +1?

Oh and cards. Can't forget about dem card moneyz.

Even if the new Ubi games were released on steam, it'd still launch uplay, so...

I guess all you're really missing out on is the +1?

Oh and cards. Can't forget about dem card moneyz.
Card money and much better download system is my reason to choose steam+uplay over uplay.

mysterd just punched the wood paneling in his basement/bedroom
Nope.

I think I won't have to worry about buying this game ASAP, if they gonna utilize 3rd-party DRM's like that on a Steam-version.

I'd probably be better off buying a Non-Steam version, IMHO.

Of course, this kind of DRM-crap makes it much easier for me to wait for inevitable price-drops.

Nope.

I think I won't have to worry about buying this game ASAP, if they gonna utilize 3rd-party DRM's like that on a Steam-version.

Of course, this kind of DRM-crap makes it much easier for me to wait for inevitable price-drops.
there wont be a non steam version

enjoy your double drm and commence punching your wood paneling

Nope.

Denuvo doesn't seem full DRM, but something to be used with another DRM (eg. Steam DRM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back