Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
No one mentioned that the San Andreas "HD" patch went live today? I saw this posted over on the game forum

Removes several songs for ALL OWNERS (Seems to be same songs that were cut from the mobile version)
Removes several resolution options, including 1920x1080 (This was broken in the original version, then fixed in a patch - now unfixed with this latest patch)
Adds support for XInput controllers (Xbox 360 controller)
Makes "Steering with Mouse" enabled by default
Loading a game save from the original version just starts a new game
Crashes during car explosions if another monitor is attached

No one mentioned that the San Andreas "HD" patch went live today? I saw this posted over on the game forum
57j.gif

This doesn't effect us if we backed up our game before the patch right? Damn...I played the HD edition and it takes out Stone Temple Pilots.
I've heard the Steam version didn't really need Steam to run. I'm kinda glad I have it backed up somewhere now.

Maybe we'll be able to get the music back via mods.

This doesn't effect us if we backed up our game before the patch right? Damn...I played the HD edition and it takes out Stone Temple Pilots.
I haven't tried reinstalling the old Steam-versions yet - but I do have the Steam-versions of GTA3, VC, and SA backed-up before this patch, luckily.

And that's only b/c I decided to install them into my laptop, in case I had the urge to play them again on that laptop.

Damn, did I get lucky on this one.

Also, I do have the old PC retail-versions of this GTA 3 Trilogy (GTA3, VC, SA) on discs, as well.

So, for me - there's always that, as well.

I've heard the Steam version didn't really need Steam to run. I'm kinda glad I have it backed up somewhere now.

Maybe we'll be able to get the music back via mods.
I get App Errors, trying to run the old Steam-versions of GTA3+VC+SA outside of the Steam-folder.

I don't know if it is forcing + wants game to be installed in the Steam-folder; or if there's a work-around (sometimes there are, by just deleting Steam's CEG files or doing other things).

Until someone compiles all the old songs together and/or unpacks all the old-songs ...

...the other thing I guess we could do to get music back: if the MP3 Player Station is still there in the new GTA Steam-versions (I didn't even check, I'm already annoyed by this): just copy any songs you (maybe) already own on MP3 format there.

Also, loading any old-saves results in a new game start. WTH?

Why is the game even acknowledging these saves in the load menu, if they ain't compatible w/ this new Steam-version?

Is the Steam music player an option while playing GTA San Andreas?

I would just use that while playing since they removed a bunch of songs.

I don't really have much experience using it however but if it's an option then I could still kinda play it that way.

Explosions during car crashes if another monitor is attached
Should be.

Damn. I still listen to Radio X every now and then. I wanna be like Sage when I grow up.

User tracks station still works.

All you have to do to get it going is make a shortcut to any song you want to play in it and put said shortcuts in.

User / My Documents / GTA San Andreas User Files / User Tracks

Then just go into the Options then Audio Setup then User Track Options and select Scan User Tracks.

Now the Track Player Station should play what you set it to and still have those wacky GTA adverts in between songs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a DEFINITIVE list of what songs are taken out?

I read somewhere that every track (including commercials) are intact for K-DST, K-ROSE, and CSR. Every other station in the game are affected by either looping, or skipping tracks completely.

Just play it on PS3 instead

#ConsoleMasterRace
For GTA: SA, I still have my old Steam-version backed-up + old-retail versions on disc.

Same goes for VC + GTA3, if any more crap hits the ceiling.

So, those will suffice way better than your console-versions.

#PCGaming4Life

Just play it on PS3 instead

#ConsoleMasterRace
The only copy of San Andreas on PS3 is the PS2 version played on an emulator and with 480p max resolution.

Yeah sorry to break it to you but I'd still prefer this version.

The only copy of San Andreas on PS3 is the PS2 version played on an emulator and with 480p max resolution.

Yeah sorry to break it to you but I'd still prefer this version.
Plus, PC version has both controller support (good for driving) + KB/mouse support (best for accurate shooting when on foot).

I could throw old-versions of GTA SA to 1080p res' on my PC no problem.

Good thing about pc is that someone can mod the songs back into the game.....

right?
I think if you just dump the old files into the audio directory, it'll work fine.

Totally unrelated: Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land added cards today.

I think their just messin' with us. 

Anyway, not sure if this means anything but I played the HD version on 360 yesterday and I know I heard Hellraiser on Radio X. On the plus side for the patch for Steam-it DID fix the glitch that prevented playing pool in the bars that I kept getting... So the patch wasn't ALL BAD.

Madjoki posted a list here.

Why they would remove these?
Usually, when songs get removed or games are no longer sold digitally - it's b/c music licenses have expired.

See what happened w/ GTA: VC on Steam for a while (b/c of the MJ song); and also why Hitman Contracts wasn't on Steam for a while b/c of the song Immortal from Clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back