Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can only create boosters for games you own...

I noticed I could create a booster for Marvel Heroes 2015, one of the free to play games that I have installed and have not earned cards on.

Other FTP games did not show up, so I "installed" another FTP game I hadn't played (Happy Wars), and it showed up on my list of boosters to create. I didn't even need to finish the install. Have fun.

I think they fixed the glitched gem totals, maybe.  Anecdotal from that GAF thread.

Buy cheap gem stacks, convert to boosters, rinse, repeat.  Surely that could have been foreseen if that's why they shut it down (and in fact was since there's a one per game per day limit).

Netted about 5 steambux so far.  Probably not really worth it, but it was kind of fun.

Before everyone else does and there are no buy orders left.
Can already see people undercutting lowest booster prices 50% or more (e.g. $0.30 vs $0.60).

Might have been better to just sit this entire thing out. I only burned a couple bucks on those backgrounds which give 100 gems for $0.03 market cost.

I was ready to craft badges for the holiday sale like a good boy, and Valve throws these curve balls!

yeah I'm just geming my stuff and buying boosters for things I want and with some alts. There's no point sitting around freting over what is literally going to be pennies.

Valve appears to have punished me for glitching by not letting me craft more gems. It just errors out.

I can still create gems in alts, though.

Don't make boosters from free games. Prices are falling really fast on those. Quake live's fell from $1.5 to $0.20

Edit: all cards prices are falling too fast

I think they canceled the gem listings, I had 20 buy orders and none were fulfilled, and the item is not showing up.

It looks like the auction and gems thing is so that their economist can study how you guys behave. The Valve economics blog hasn't been updated for a while though.

I made like $7 flipping gems into boosters and that's good enough for me.

*looks at inbox, sees 50 emails about items selling on the market*

Yep, definitely done.

I don't think any buy orders for the Sacks of Gems are diapearing. I thought mine were being canceled on me and made some more orders and suddenly out of no where some of my money disapeared and 20 new backs are now in my inventory. Buy orders are not disapearing it's just a glitch.

Valve is straight up blocking me from buying stuff. I get orders for gems up, refresh, and they're gone.

Holiday cards are only priced at 20-25 cents each. I doubt they reach 50 cents now.

Since the summer I was selling cards for more expensive badges and completing sets for the cheapest ones. Despite that I would have been better off just selling all this crap and not thinking about it. Now it looks like people who were saving card sets for the holiday sale will lose money from the holiday cards being so cheap...and cards in general are going to tank.

Either way Valve wins, I guess.

Holiday cards are only priced at 20-25 cents each. I doubt they reach 50 cents now.

Since the summer I was selling cards for more expensive badges and completing sets for the cheapest ones. Despite that I would have been better off just selling all this crap and not thinking about it. Now it looks like people who were saving card sets for the holiday sale will lose money from the holiday cards being so cheap.
Yeah. But that glitch paid off for me, since I craft badges, and I can get lots of boosters for the expensive games now.

Made a nice little profit on some gem/booster/card flipping. Thanks, Disney komrades!

These Valve guys have definitely mastered the art of selling 1's and 0's for big cash profits. This grinder scheme will surely clean out the "trash" in the market place, but no telling what it'll do to card prices.

Cant buy any gems :(

There was a problem purchasing your item. The listing may have been removed. Refresh the page and try again.

Retarded promotion is retarded.  And they couldn't even keep the bugs out.  Looks like all they succeeded in doing is possibly lowering the price of cards.

Yeah, I just lost a buy order too. It also happened when I sold a gunhound card that I unpacked. I had it matched with the the price of the buy order, but it wasn't selling. I had to redo it. I guess everything is glitched.

Card prices have plummeted.  I just cancelled all my buy orders because I don't see how every card isn't going to become .03 because of this promotion.  By making worthless items valuable, Steam essentially made everything worthless.

It's going to take the market a long time to recover from this.  Oh well, guess I'll have to hold onto my cards for the next sale and hope they don't fuck that up too.

Maybe I'm missing something as far as next-level tactics--but if I just want to sneak in on some bids and hopefully get a few free games, wouldn't it be most efficient to buy the gems at 3 cents of card money per 1,000 in the Market?

Syntax's post gives me the idea that when the seasonals come in, answer their retarded question with a retarded question. For example

Hi guys do you think Dragon Age Inquisition 2 will be on sale for 75% off or better this sale let me know please thanks!!!
Man, I don't know!!! I hope! Do you think GTA V pre orders will hit five bucks? I'm kinda strapped for cash :/

Maybe I'm missing something as far as next-level tactics--but if I just want to sneak in on some bids and hopefully get a few free games, wouldn't it be most efficient to buy the gems at 3 cents of card money per 1,000 in the Market?

I think they just reset the market or somethin. There are 1.9m sacks available at 3c each.

Edit: Yup, managed to buy 20 sacks at 3c each easily

Edited:

Interesting - apparently the more cards a set has, teh lower the price in gems for the booster pack.

Starbound and Brutal Legend are 400, eight card sets are 750, seven card sets are 857, six card sets are 1000 and five card sets are 1200.

This is why BlazBlue's set is so cheap. That thing has nine cards...

Edited:

Interesting - apparently the more cards a set has, teh lower the price in gems for the booster pack.

Starbound and Brutal Legend are 400, eight card sets are 750, seven card sets are 857, six card sets are 1000 and five card sets are 1200.

This is why BlazBlue's set is so cheap. That thing has nine cards...
The easier it would be to craft a badge the pricier it is. I assume they still expect those that want to craft the boosters into badges will pay for the rest of the cards.

... I'm no longer capable of trading gems to my alts. Huh.

And Sacks of Gems are now not marketable either?

Edit: Looks like they're all gone from the market now. It's over.

... I'm no longer capable of trading gems to my alts. Huh.

And Sacks of Gems are now not marketable either?

Edit: Looks like they're all gone from the market now. It's over.
Damn. I was going to craft infinite Port Royale boosters for infinite badges to get infinite :weed: icons to sell for infinite dollars.

Then buy Valve and hire an economist.

They shot themsleves in the foot. They realized they will lose a free cash cow. Promotion cancelled.

Damn. I was going to craft infinite Port Royale boosters for infinite badges to get infinite :weed: icons to sell for infinite dollars.

Then buy Valve and hire an economist.
I spoder'd all of the economists. You'll have to buy me to get them.

They shot themsleves in the foot. They realized they will lose a free cash cow. Promotion cancelled.
They were making two cents on every bag of gems they sold. So they didn't lose money at all, far from it, they made tons of cash from the frantic emoticon buying some of us did, then the frantic gem buying.

They just didn't think people would craft so many boosters that it would CRASH THE ENTIRE MARKET.

All I can do now is buy boosters and sell them off bit by bit to get some money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back