Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we really still talking about Gem-gate?
Can people stop appending "gate" to fucking everything?

It was Watergate because the DNC headquarters was at the Watergate office complex.
Seriously. People use it too freely, and the columnist that kind of popularized it was doing it because he was basically a jackass and trying minimze the value of "Watergate" by diluting it through idiotic "-gate" appending.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_%22-gate%22_suffix

Gem-gate.
It's really about fairness in videogame auctions.

Jem_logo.jpg

It isn't even 24 hours old, and it was a colossal cluster- fuck involving steam. I don't think it's too unreasonable that people are still talking about it. In fact, it's pretty much the only reason that I'm even reading this thread right now.

It was Watergate because the DNC headquarters was at the Watergate office complex.
Seriously. People use it too freely, and the columnist that kind of popularized it was doing it because he was basically a jackass and trying minimze the value of "Watergate" by diluting it through idiotic "-gate" appending.

Gem-gate.
So, if we remove the Gate from Baldur's Gate - we just get Baldur??!?

Just...doesn't sound right.

Gem-gate.
WATCH OUT! I THINK WE HAVE A JSWEENEY-GATE STARTING HERE!

It isn't even 24 hours old, and it was a colossal cluster- fuck involving steam. I don't think it's too unreasonable that people are still talking about it. In fact, it's pretty much the only reason that I'm even reading this thread right now.
I'm reading it waiting for someone to get a Steam market ban. Just 1 person, that's all it takes and then I'll be satisfied.

Gem-gate.
Wow make a stupid joke and get a profanity filled history lesson-gate

OK, looks like they refunded the gems, and I got to keep the booster pack cards!

Booster Pack Creation is limited to 1 per game, per day.

Funny, the game I generated them for last time I can't do, so I guess the "per game" thing carried over...

Looks like the gem values stayed the same.  It is funny seeing the :summeryryeti: sold 10,000+  in the first 24 hours and stayed around $0.03-0.04 while the yeti background(which was also 100  gems I think) only sold 3,000+.

Glad I just concentrated on getting ride of crap icons/wallpapers & duplicate cards instead of  caring about making money or bothering with the stupid auctions.

Funny, the game I generated them for last time I can't do, so I guess the "per game" thing carried over...
If you mouse over the 'Make Pack' button for ones you did yesterday, it'll tell you when the 24 hour timer is up for it to be craftable again.

CAG's cheaper than therapy, let them ramble.

*dumps all his holiday cards*

I know, I could get a lot more if I waited. But I don't want to wait. I'm done.

After all has been said and done, I'm $33 richer. And that's good enough.

It's upside down sale.  All the Counter-Strike backgrounds and emoticons are now more valuable then the cards themselves. 

No sir, I don't like it.

Did Ninja Squirrel abandon us or something? The thread title and OP hasn't been updated in a week. And come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately. He just posted a review on steam, so I know he's not dead. But he seems to have disappeared on CAG.

Did Ninja Squirrel abandon us or something? The thread title and OP hasn't been updated in a week. And come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately. He just posted a review on steam, so I know he's not dead. But he seems to have disappeared on CAG.
well he's in spanky chat which is the only cag related thing that really matters

In the last 9 hours I've sold 29 items. This is great. Almost all my listings are gone. Suckers. :razz:

I made less than $2, maybe I'm the sucker.

In the last 9 hours I've sold 29 items. This is great. Almost all my listings are gone. Suckers. :razz:

I made less than $2, maybe I'm the sucker.
You could buy System Shock 2 [99 cents currently] if you don't own it already and still have some change leftover. :p

wow, so, all those :summersuns: i bought when they were 3cents for 100 gems, and converted maybe 1/9th of the ones i bought are now apparently going for 9-10cents.  Guess it wasnt that horrible of an investment after all since now I can double or almost triple my money back.

thanks steam for inadvertently crashing your own market and then making worthless crap now worth something

So, if we remove the Gate from Baldur's Gate - we just get Baldur??!?

Just...doesn't sound right.
D make joke!

Squirrel bides his time in Spakny chat.

well he's in spanky chat which is the only cag related thing that really matters
Woo, spanyk spakyn chat!

My reading comprehension is shit. I thought that there were 3 requirements to earn an auction badge.

1. craft gems

2. attempt auction.

3. win auction.

Nope, there are 3 different badge stages. 

Now I'm stuck with the second badge, which shows that I participated in this shit show. I'm also stuck with self disgust, because I care about this crap. 

Listing all my duplicates brought me from 29 pages of cards down to 18. Made $7 while listing and still have 100+ cards listed and all of these pages to go through. 

Uuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh... Just the monotony of reading about cards/booster packs/gems/badges bullshit, it's no wonder so many people kill themselves over the holidays.

Why can't we all just complain about shitty sale prices and increasing our backlogs?

In summation: Steam/Valve causes suicide.

Well I'm hoping there is some shitty $5 sale priced game I'll be able to spend my card money on to increase my backlog, then use the left over pennies to buy trash to turn into gems and try to make a booster pack so I can buy more shitty priced games. 

Better? =p

Just popping in here because of the auction/gem thing. It looks like it would be better if I sell stuff to make money on the market than craft for gems, yeah?

It's because he hates you.

Or because updating the OP of the Steam thread (or any thread for that matter) quickly rips your soul out leaving you only as a husk of the person you once were.

Could be either of those reasons.

It's because he hates you.

Or because updating the OP of the Steam thread (or any thread for that matter) quickly rips your soul out leaving you only as a husk of the person you once were.

Could be either of those reasons.
[Insert here a picture of a Husk from Mass Effect series]

Just popping in here because of the auction/gem thing. It looks like it would be better if I sell stuff to make money on the market than craft for gems, yeah?
Eh, depends. Do you like getting two pennies for a single item at most, or a chance to craft a booster for 10 of those items and potentially double your investment?

It's a gamble, it's honestly not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back