Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gold comes with the season pass, season pass is worth it for $5 but it sounds like that was a price mistake. There is a whole nother game in it, Freedom Cry. It's good. That game only costs $10 on its own so I don't know what you wanna spend.

Gold comes with the season pass, season pass is worth it for $5 but it sounds like that was a price mistake. There is a whole nother game in it, Freedom Cry. It's good. That game only costs $10 on its own so I don't know what you wanna spend.
Gold apparently has the Aveline DLC in it, I'm told, while standard + SP does not.

It's supposed to be really short though.

Tempted on the Assassin's Creed games, 75% off the older games isn't bad. But I think I'll wait, I still need to finish 1 and play 2...

Walking Dead Survival Instinct is gone, not the Telltale / PinballFX things.

Activision has a habit of yanking licensed stuff from sale just to save money. They did this last year with Deadpool, it was on a clearance sale before getting pulled.

I had a feeling Family Guy and Legend of Korra would be yanked after their very recent sales, so I grabbed Korra - which is surprisingly still in the store.
Korra just came out in October. It should still be there for at least a year, I doubt their licensing agreement would be any shorter than that.

Tempted on the Assassin's Creed games, 75% off the older games isn't bad. But I think I'll wait, I still need to finish 1 and play 2...
AC 1 gets bogged down. Don't judge the series from that one. AC2 really gets things going. AC2 & AC:B are great, AC:R is also solid and finishes off the 3-game story arc of Ezio, with some tie-ins to AC1. They are all very same-y, though. I really need at at least a few months between playing AC games (preferably a year).

New Releases

Sportsfriends- $13.49

Rooster Teeth vs Zombiens- $3.99

Choice of Robots- $2.94

Blockade 3D- FREE

Assetto Corsa(out of early access)- $34.99

Eden River HD- $8.99

Do Not Fall- $7.74

Gates of Horizon- $8.49

Verde Station- $4.99

MGS V: Ground Zeroes- $13.39

Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike- FREE

Outcast 1.1- $5.99

All of the older games have been these prices many times before. I have been waiting for them to drop lower for quite some time.

That "the more you know" shooting star at the top of the steam store page is really starting to get on my nerves. I assumed that we'd something different each day, but I guess steam couldn't be bothered. Looks like we're stuck with that for the next few weeks.

Korra just came out in October. It should still be there for at least a year, I doubt their licensing agreement would be any shorter than that.
Deadpool was released in June 2013 and it was delisted six months later.

NEVER trust Activision to keep anything for sale for long.

That "the more you know" shooting star at the top of the steam store page is really starting to get on my nerves. I assumed that we'd something different each day, but I guess steam couldn't be bothered. Looks like we're stuck with that for the next few weeks.
Custom AdBlockPlus filter.

Would require effort. That stopped about three Winter sales ago.

Also, why are people talking about Legend of Korra? You guiz want Kim Possirbu, t3h game? I'm so old I don't even know what Kim Possible is... Veronica Mars, the FPS! You Can't Do That on Television the RTS!

AC 1 gets bogged down. Don't judge the series from that one. AC2 really gets things going. AC2 & AC:B are great, AC:R is also solid and finishes off the 3-game story arc of Ezio, with some tie-ins to AC1. They are all very same-y, though. I really need at at least a few months between playing AC games (preferably a year).
I don't really care for the others, not dislike really more just like eh, but I really liked AC IV. It's sort of Skyrim on the high seas. What Risen 2 should have been if they didn't go and make it so damned linear and they actually went to trouble of doing ship combat. So basically nothing like Risen 2 except for the pirate part. :p

Gold definitely has it, I haven't played it yet but I heard it's about an hour. I guess it's advertised as an hour, not sure if that's true.
Base + SP definitely doesn't have Aveline. I got mine copy free a year ago when I bought a new video card and then I got the SP on sale + voucher from GMG before they totally sucked. I was kind of annoyed not having the Aveline DLC but not annoyed enough to buy it again as the gold edition for a one hour DLC.

I don't really care for the others, not dislike really more just like eh, but I really liked AC IV. It's sort of Skyrim on the high seas. What Risen 2 should have been if they didn't go and make it so damned linear and they actually went to trouble of doing ship combat. So basically nothing like Risen 2 except for the pirate part. :p
Ah, interesting. I haven't played AC III or IV yet, so I really can't say anything about them firsthand. I'm looking forward to playing AC IV, having just picked it up, I've heard so many good things about it.

This is really tempting me. I hope Amazon price matches so I an use Bing credits

Just like last year, I'll be running a Holiday Card exchange service. If I have a Holiday Card you need for your badge, feel free to send me a trade offer and swap it for any other Holiday Card in my inventory, one card for one card. Just mention your CAG username.

My other items are not available for trade, unless it's a dupe background or emoticon, in which case I'll trade it for another one from the same game, as long as they're worth the same.

https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=18732146&token=Q2qlbM1O

And if you want to toss in an emoticon or background I don't have, that'd be great, but it's not necessary.

For anyone wanting the first 4 Assassin's Creed games, I'm selling them cheaper than US Steam prices.

EDIT: Only the first 4 (AC1/2/Brotherhood/Revelations.)

I decided to go with MG Rising, probably going to wait on Ground Zeroes since I don't need to re-replay it now. The discount will be greater and I'll have more card monies in the future.

HOW'D YOU KNOW
011.png

In order to complete my purchase Steam made me sign into it, when I was already signed into it (the client). Then made me enter the "this is a new browser" secret email code. I don't recall having to do that before.

I tried 1 when it came out and tired of it quickly. I'm told by numerous people that 2 is a great place to start, so I guess I'll hop in there.

£2.49 for AssCreed2 seems good value.

Firmly in the 'I don't want it but it's cheap and tempting me anyway' category, Battlefield 4 (Origin only, duh) is $5 on Gamestop.

I tried 1 when it came out and tired of it quickly. I'm told by numerous people that 2 is a great place to start, so I guess I'll hop in there.

1 is like the proof of concept for the free running, it seems like an incomplete game vs 2.

You frequent (freques) CAGs need to get in line for a spanky whipping because the thread is not moving as fast as it use to during a Steam sale. I can actually keep up and where is all the hidden deal talk. From a seasonal CAG standpoint this sale is mooby disappointing because of this thread. 

You frequent (freques) CAGs need to get in line for a spanky whipping because the thread is not moving as fast as it use to during a Steam sale. I can actually keep up and where is all the hidden deal talk. From a seasonal CAG standpoint this sale is mooby disappointing because of this thread.
I think all of the "bundle" websites have dampened the excitement for Steam sales.

You know.. I joke about how Steam sales percievably get worse... everyone's first is like going to a Toy Store and being told to "have fun".  And you run around and buy everything you want... it's awesome.

But seriously, the way this one has been run so far has been eh... between the gem/auction/mediocrity I just.. (shrug)

I came home from work and had to force myself to look at the sale for today... FORCE MYSELF.  It saddens me.

The problem is the more time that passes, the more we fill in the gaps of what games we still want, and there are less and less games left to buy. I bought everything I wanted within the first 2-3 Steam sales a few years ago and now it's mostly slim pickings ever since.

I was similar(ish) played 1 but got tired of it fairly quick. Told 2 was way better and different so finally bit the bullet and LOVED 2.

Then tried jumping into Brotherhood right after and got bored, so agree with earlier post need a few months between the games (post 1) to enjoy the next game.

I will not buy one thing from this steam sale. I used to fakeybro my games from Putinland and now i cant, eff u steam! 

I still have 100+ games on my wishlist.  The problem is that the cuts aren't as deep anymore.  I'm waiting to see if Dynasty Warriors 8 goes cheaper than it did during the Fall Sale, I hope so.  I'm itching for one of those games since it's been about a decade. 

Otherwise, I've taken more to playing the library I have ( :shock:).  I did get the State of Decay DLC for song.

I also want to get Valkyria Chronicles just to support SEGA on the PC.  Tempting, but I already own the full shabang on PS3.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back