Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the sale is crappy. I had to use the money I put away for it to fix my car.

Seems like every time I get extra money a bill pops up

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
mrbill1.jpg

a night chat with Tebow and I will give you one for free. :whistle2:
Is it cheaper anywhere else, it's $24 on Steam. Might just pick up the vanilla version for $10.

Really regret not having money in my PayPal account last week and missing the $10 Batman bundle too. Could have been a great way to play the series before Arkham Knight!

Is it cheaper anywhere else, it's $24 on Steam. Might just pick up the vanilla version for $10.

Really regret not having money in my PayPal account last week and missing the $10 Batman bundle too. Could have been a great way to play the series before Arkham Knight!
The vanilla version is $5 over at GMG right now. If you do plan on getting the DLC just go for the legendary because it'll be a bunch of heartache waiting for the DLC to get cheap. If you do that then wait until the last day because it'll probably be marked down lower in a daily or flash sale or even on another site. Isthereanydeal is a good site to watch for stuff like that.

I want The Banner Saga but I know I wont play it for a good 6 months (at least) so waiting for the Humble Bundle.

Bought Space Engineers. That game is fun as fuck .

My only complaint so far about Space Engineers is not that it's too complicated but more so there is not enough instructions on how to play the game. You need to you tube videos on how the game works, but once you get that down it's pretty fun. I also love how you can piece by piece essentially lego your ships/space stations.

Yeesh, don't pay that much. Legendary was going for $8 in the trade thread not that long ago (though, those days may be past us). It'll surely pop up cheaper than it's current price in the coming days/weeks. Keep an eye on GMG or Nuuvem. Amazon in the past has had the anthology on sale for what $26-$28. And if you're talking about the Bundle Stars Batman bundle, there's a always a chance it'll pop back up for sale as BS has a history of regurgitating their bundles.

Edit: The Anthology is currently $29.78

Edit2: And Nuuvem has a Batman Pack for ~ $6 (but no AA or B:AO-SP included)

Wait until the end of the sale. Always wait until the end of the sale before purchasing a game because it could wind up as a daily or flash sale. This is especially true with a AAA or popular indie game. This is even more so especially true with Skyrim, which I think is ALWAYS a daily at some point. That'll bump the discount up to 75% for base game and probably 66% for legendary.

Might want to read this: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/233/entry-21166-super-tips-for-steam-sale-newbies-and-vets/

Also, the Anthology is a good place to go, as Neuro mentioned, although it'd be about five bucks cheaper to just wait for legendary to hit 66% off and buy Morrowind and Oblivion when they're 75% off. Personally I'd get the Anthology, but that's just because I would want the map that comes with it.

I want The Banner Saga but I know I wont play it for a good 6 months (at least) so waiting for the Humble Bundle.

Bought Space Engineers. That game is fun as fuck .

My only complaint so far about Space Engineers is not that it's too complicated but more so there is not enough instructions on how to play the game. You need to you tube videos on how the game works, but once you get that down it's pretty fun. I also love how you can piece by piece essentially lego your ships/space stations.
maybe Ill have to get back in to it. The short amount of time I tried to play it that was what I found as well. I like sandboxes just fine but its pretty hard when you have no idea how to do anything at all. Would be nice to just have some sort of short interactive intro

Should I grab Inquisition from Amazon for $18 of my own actual money? I have $21 in Amazon credit. I figure it might come down to either this or blowing it on various Kindle books. Then again, $18 is $18. I'm torn.

Should I grab Inquisition from Amazon for $18 of my own actual money? I have $21 in Amazon credit. I figure it might come down to either this or blowing it on various Kindle books. Then again, $18 is $18. I'm torn.
If you're planning on playing it when you buy it...definitely. If not, then no.

Is 7 Days To Die worth it $12.49? Forget how much they were going for in the auctions (I think I was seeing it around 17,000 gems, but could be wrong).

Wouldn't imagine it going much lower than 50% for a good while and I don't think we will see it bundled anytime soon.
Never buy Early Access games unless they're at massive discounts. On second thought, just never buy Early Access games.
I am almost completely against the idea of Early Access, and I'd never played anything in alpha for longer than 10 minutes. What sold me was a non-adventurous friend having over a thousand hours logged. I've got 131 myself now and I haven't even touched the PVP part of the game, just solo and a bit of co-op. It is a work in progress but at this stage (10.4), it doesn't feel like the buggy mess I thought an alpha would be. I mean, I think the game has crashed on me once, and the latest update that people thought cost them all of their crated resources actually has a workaround. I know at some point I will lose the multi-level fortress I put together voxel by voxel, but that doesn't bother me. I feel like a kid that's discovered LEGOs for the first time. Also, I've never played Minecraft, so that's affected my wow-factor.

I think if you dig building and crafting-type games, you dig the post-apocalyptic-zombie-survival genre, and you can deal with zero narrative and backstory, you should at least check it out. Again, I haven't played any PVP but I hear it has the usual nonsense with cheating and griefing, but I also hear DayZ, Rust, and the like do that aspect better anyways.

Anyone got opinions on it? A buck and change is dirt cheap but.... nnnnghhhh it could be in the very next Humble!
It's actually pretty good. Not great, but pretty good.

"It could be in the next Humble" is Moobytalk for "Maybe Bruticis will let me have his scraps", isn't it?

If you're backlogging it's not worth it. But I've played much worse games.

I posted a review for it on here a while back. At $1.99 for the game + DLC it's worth buying now rather than risking it being in a bundle later. There's only 4 games from 505 worth owning anyway, and most people have Marlow Briggs + Payday 2 by now

Has How to Survive been bundled yet? 90% screams bundle fodder.
Yeah, that's the only reason I hadn't bought the game until now...I went ahead and just bought the complete edition for 2 bucks. I have a feeling if it IS in a bundle, it'll be w/other 505 games in a humble weekly. I already have Marlow Briggs, and don't really have much interest in their other games so I'd be buying the bundle just for How to Survive anyway.

I checked out some videos on t3h YouTubez.  Seems to be fairly short (maybe it has replay value) -- about 3-4 hours long?  Looks okay but since I bought MMX today (watch that be bundled this Tuesday) I'll hold off and see if 505 dumps it in some bundle.  And I actually don't have Payday 2 so bring on the Humble 505 Bundle.

For those of us with the base game and no DLC as yet, any recommendations?

Edit: I'm talking about How To Surive here.

I checked out some videos on t3h YouTubez. Seems to be fairly short (maybe it has replay value) -- about 3-4 hours long? Looks okay but since I bought MMX today (watch that be bundled this Tuesday) I'll hold off and see if 505 dumps it in some bundle. And I actually don't have Payday 2 so bring on the Humble 505 Bundle.
if square enix taught you anything it's that the bundle won't come for probably a few years or so now

Wales?

No human beings there.
As someone who's only connection to Wales is their dragon from the flag, I take offense to the above statement!

Never buy Early Access games unless they're at massive discounts. On second thought, just never buy Early Access games.
Early Access games are fine, as long as one understands they are (often) buggy and there is a chance it never gets finished. Can't really even apply rules to how to decide anymore when KillHouse Games puts out a great EA (and now released) game as their first game (most of the team worked for Ubi and/or EA though supposedly granted) while what should of been a trusted company, Double Fine, gave up on Spacebase-DF9.

Today seems meh, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, 7 Days to Die, and Dead State the only games I'm really interested in that I don't already own. Ethan Carter I've heard really good things about as a dectective-y adventure game, and Dead State looks pretty cool (even if Zombies aren't cool anymore). Heard good things on 7 Days to Die as well. They all have poor discounts though for me to pull the trigger.

Only other thing was some EU IV DLC but not sure on them since iirc some of the major feature are in the free patches but I'd have to look into it more to be positive on that. May jump on RUSE, wanted to play it in the past and price is right.

So far the best part of the sale has been getting two foil drops from idling/playing (one from idling a game, the other from playing).

If you are really interested in DMC games, you can get all three on Steam bundled together for almost $6 more then if you buy them separately. Figured people might jump on that one.

Last, last thing, was going to wait til got March of the Eagles played but wanted to go nuts over Doorkickers some more sooo...reviews of mostly bundle games and probably an eventually bundle game or two:

GEARCRACK Arena--First impression: WTF? Anyways, it's run around destroying machine things shooting at you, was better then first thought but still not a fan, other then making extra card money.

Dead Bits--Hack blocky zombies, about all I got from it. The tiny part of story I got was silly, but in a way that worked just wish the game was more then smash blocky zombie looking things. Played 5 minutes, had no interest after that.

Toxic Bunny HD--Tried the tutorial, nothing came up and none of my keys worked

Dungeon of Elements--Well no town mechanics (yay), puzzle wise was still pretty meh to me though, though ReignMaker's was better then this game's version.

Doorkickers--SWAT goodness, no arresting (other then a few missions) but the planning and trying to get it right is quite addictive, with systems to unlock extra crap to make things easier. Feels like a mobile game but it works. Love it so far. Think of it like a difficult puzzle game, can see spending 20+ hours playing and more looking up strategies. Oh you can download user made maps too if you finish the (large) amount in the game already.

Since we're talking about non-deals, let's get a bit more excitable.

When Dungeon of the Endless goes on a daily/flash, you should all buy it. It's really good. It's a nice mix of sorta-tower-defence with a dash of FTL's randomness thrown in. There's plenty of unlockable characters and every time you beat the game, a new mode opens up. Recommended.

When Dungeon of the Endless goes on a daily/flash, you should all buy it. It's really good.
been waiting on that one, plus it seems its the only way to unlock the vaulters faction in endless space. I do like how they try to cross over all of their games together (endless legend being their best so far IMHO), though slightly shady you gotta buy another game at its highest price tier to unlock content of a game you already own and its expansion. They did something similar with endless legend too where if you own their 'upgraded' edition it gets you extra stuff in dungeon

Also, before you all get carried away with Madjoki's Steam wallet-peen, please remember that his Steam level is only 47. Therefore he's not really worth listening to.

Kind regards,

Flowette

Level 82
Ahem.

You guys think the Payday 2 - Clover Character Pack will be any cheaper than 10% off ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337661/
Well, it did just come out, but I suppose it worth waiting to see if it drops when Payday hits a daily.

For those of us with the base game and no DLC as yet, any recommendations?
For Payday 2?

• Number one would be Gage Mod Courier. It adds packages to collect in every level that get you weapon mods.
  • Big Bank and Hotline Miami are both fun heists, but you can play them if the host has them.
  • The Sniper Pack was my favorite weapon pack for a while, but most of the time now I run with one of the shotguns from the shotgun pack. Neither are necessary, the Car-4 is still probably the best gun in the game.
  • The Assault pack adds Thumper back from Payday 1.
  • Weapon Pack one gets you grenades, but your teammates might like you better if you don't have them ;)
  • The Diamond Heist is pretty good but seems overpriced compared to Hotline Miami and Big Bank (smaller, less involved, but still cool to stealth or go loud)
  • And the Clover Pack is awesome. She laughs like a maniac when she kills specials and yells better than all the other heisters put together.

Overall, I would rate the DLC like this:

1. Clover
  2. Gage Mod Courier
  3. Big Bank
  4. Hotline Miami
  5. Sniper Pack / Shotgun Pack
  6. Armored Transport / Diamond Heist
  7. Weapon Pack 1
  8. Assault Pack / Weapon Pack 2 (adds LMGs, which I never use)
  9. Soundtracks
  10. Historical Pack

If you meant some other game... I have no idea.

When Dungeon of the Endless goes on a daily/flash, you should all buy it. It's really good. It's a nice mix of sorta-tower-defence with a dash of FTL's randomness thrown in. There's plenty of unlockable characters and every time you beat the game, a new mode opens up. Recommended.
I'd actually like a Dungeon of the Endless/Endless Legend pack. Unfortunately the only pack they sell includes Endless Space which I don't want and only serves to raise the price... grumble grumble.

Since sale began:

Steam games bought elsewhere: 24

Steam games bought on Steam: 4 & 1 DLC

Since there's so little to buy I am now tempted by Prison Architect. Any reason not to buy? Good reviews/good buzz/80% off.
I've only bought:

MS Flight SIm X

Assassin's Creed IV Gold

There have been some good deals on Nuuvem, but I own them. I'm kinda surprised that GMG hasn't had anything notable. Still waiting on an Amazon whoopsie, because low expectations.
Wait - are we starting our XMas Steam Sale Hauls already? ;)

Hmmmm do I really want to play Derpanborn? Decisions, decisions.
Yes...yes, you do.

Both Dawnguard + Dragonborn are great, albeit for different reasons.

Dawnguard is more linear, more story-driven, more personal, & more character-driven. This shows then when Bethesda feels like it, they can actually create worthwhile story + characters. It actually has one of the best new NPC's that can tag-along w/ you in the game, as well.

Dragonborn is just an epic return to Solsteim and the open game-world nature that made Bethesda so great, in the first place. And you'll be seeing old returning characters + some of their relatives from Morrowind GOTY. And be prepared to hear some of the old music from Morrowind GOTY, as well.

EDIT:

For those looking to complete Skyrim...

Hearthfire is $2.50, even though it's sadly only 50% off:

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Hearthfire-Online/dp/B00GXHJJ10/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1419167392&sr=1-1&keywords=hearthfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back