Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone has recently picked up Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (or just hasn't been paying attention to key drops)...

Golden Key Codes

(5 keys per code)

C5CTB-FFZ5T-JJJBB-BBJ33-KBWZK
KC5BB-ZFSCT-T3TJB-B3333-5WKTR
WWCJJ-JH9C3-3TBT3-BTBTT-RB6WH

(3 Keys)

KKWBB-5SK9W-TRCB3-B3JT3-BWBR9

Anything worth investing in? I have more than enough games on my plate so I would only be buying for profit purposes after the sale...

I checked, Game of the Century includes the base game + 29 DLCs, and the upgrade is the 29 DLCs alone.
Right.

But does D2D have any % off coupon to knock the price-down?

If they do - that would likely top what Steam likely will have SR4: GOTC for when it gets on sale (75% off at the same price).

75% off + a coupon would be a nice deal, for those who don't own SR4-base yet.

For us that own SR4 base - best waiting for GOTC Upgrade Pack to drop on Steam.

Anything worth investing in? I have more than enough games on my plate so I would only be buying for profit purposes after the sale...
giphy.gif

I checked, Game of the Century includes the base game + 29 DLCs, and the upgrade is the 29 DLCs alone.
Right.

But does D2D have any % off coupon to knock the price-down?

If they do - that would likely top what Steam likely will have SR4: GOTC for when it gets on sale (75% off at the same price).

75% off + a coupon would be a nice deal, for those who don't own SR4-base yet.

For us that own SR4 base - best waiting for GOTC Upgrade Pack to drop on Steam.

Just in case there's any doubt, sale posts before January will only serve to add another twenty pages of pointless banality. For the love of all that is holy, please don't. Just don't.

May as well post my haul thus far. I'm still hoping for more to go on sale that I want, but its the most lackluster event sale I've encountered since being big into Steam.

Auction

Constant C

A City Sleeps

Hangeki

Retrobooster

Steam

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Derp Souls II

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Dead Bits

Prison Architect Name In Game Upgrade

Over The Void

Freebies

The Journey Down Episode 1

The Crew (uPlay)

My best friend sent me my Xmas gift that I got yesterday and included was a wallet card which is awesome. I want to spend so give me some more to spend it on Valve. 

looking at Nuuvem in regarding to Borderlands game.  Is it like bundlestars in that if you pay via paypal there is no need to list home address?

also, another silly question, but I am asking anyway;  I like logitech mice i.e. anywhere MX and 702 marathon are a couple of my favorites, but I wear them our with gaming i.e. start getting double clicks,etc...

Any suggestions on a reasonable gaming mouse?  I notice that most appear to be wired.  I love wireless, but if having 20 million or more clicks as a feature on a mouse at a reasonable cost, I am ok.

Thank you

Hmm, surprisingly I don't own Bulletstorm on Steam. So my question to those who do, does the inclusion of GFWL mess this game up? Is it at all playable (not that I really play games that I buy)?
I couldn't get Bulletstorm to run. I spent an hour or so trying to cooperate with GFWL then finally gave up. I'm also not very savvy with computers, so you might have better luck with GFWL than I did.

If I buy legendary Skyrim will my save from the base game carry over? If not, that sucks.

So, while I sleeplevel in tPS and my DSII play is put off until '15, do I play Dragon Age II next or start up NG+ of Dark Souls?  Bonus question, any DLC I should get for DAII?

So, while I sleeplevel in tPS and my DSII play is put off until '15, do I play Dragon Age II next or start up NG+ of Dark Souls? Bonus question, any DLC I should get for DAII?
Legacy is important to the story of DA Inquisition, but its kind of boring to play. Mark of the Assassin is a little longer and a little more fun, but has no relevance in Inquisition.

Just got an Amazon GC from Bing today so it's almost like fate.

Edit: You know a Steam sale is terrible when I'm happily buying Origin games off Amazon...

Legacy is important to the story of DA Inquisition, but its kind of boring to play. Mark of the Assassin is a little longer and a little more fun, but has no relevance in Inquisition.
I just ended up youtubing the cinematic parts for Legacy. It ties into inquisition but honestly you get the jist in inquisition anyway once the reveal happens. The Legacy story's not that complicated.

I don't know about Mark of the Assassin. I couldn't be bothered to get into it because it just felt like Felicia Day cosplay. Then again I fully admit there's not much I like about DAII as a whole, though I really do like Inquisition a lot. *shrug*

There's also that whole Bioware points nonsense and them never going on sale that makes the DLC very unCAGly.

So, while I sleeplevel in tPS and my DSII play is put off until '15, do I play Dragon Age II next or start up NG+ of Dark Souls? Bonus question, any DLC I should get for DAII?
Is there a skip Dragon Age 2 and get Inquisition option? :razz:

This reminds me I need to play through Dragon Age now that I finally have it on PC. There's a game where you really need it on PC to the the full experience...maybe I'll play through that/DAII in six months or so, when you can get inquisition for fifteen bucks.

Also, I'll say that the sales have improved a bit since last night's 12 hour sales. Actually bought a few things that were featured (How to Survive, Bulletstorm, Dark Messiah Might/Magic), and there were actually some other non horrid sales today, like Shadow Warrior, Age of Mythology. Hopefully the sale keeps trending upward.

Today's offers seemed better then the other days so far, nothing I want though but not surprised (most of what I want either is unlikely to be cheap enough, or unlikely to be a daily.)

Is there a skip Dragon Age 2 and get Inquisition option? :razz:
I know you're joking there...

...but seriously, the answer is "YES".

Go here, to the Keep:

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

What you chould do is this: Sync your Dragon Age Origins + Awakening saves to the Keep.

Then, if you so choose and want to take the time - manipulate the outcomes of important events from any DA game (DAO, DAO Awakening, DA2) any way you so choose.

You could then manipulate all of DA2, even if you decide to skip it.

And you'd be all set for DA:I.

Or, hell - just take one of their BioWare's template characters and manipulate every event from DAO, DAO Awakening + DA2; then import that game-state right into DA:I.

Or, hell - have someone on your Friends List that SHARE their Synced Characters + Events w/ you - and import those files into your game.

Then, manipulate the game events from DAO + DAO Awakening, and DA2 however you like.

And, you'd be all set to import that game-state for DA:I.

EDIT:

You probably should check EVERY thread - b/c back even when the Keep was in Beta, it didn't always carry over my Syncs correctly, causing some events that I remember happening turn out differently on the Import. It will Sync most right, but it surely wasn't perfect when I set my Syncs up.

i.e. When Keep was in Beta, it still had issues. It didn't take into consideration that my Warden romanced Morrigan in DAO; and my Hawke romanced Merrill in DA2. By manipulating the events, I was able to fix that. That was just 2 events that the Syncs didn't do properly. There were a handful more, that I had to fix.

I did that. Mostly. I tried twice to get through Dragon Age II but I just couldn't do it so I went and did the keep thing. Some of the smaller choices though almost kind of need context like wiki or youtube or something to make sense of them, but most don't really come into play in Inquisition anyway or if they do maybe like one line of dialog. *shrug*

I did that. Mostly. I tried twice to get through Dragon Age II but I just couldn't do it so I went and did the keep thing. Some of the smaller choices though almost kind of need context like wiki or youtube or something to make sense of them, but most don't really come into play in Inquisition anyway or if they do maybe like one line of dialog. *shrug*
I haven't played DAI yet. Good to know that it doesn't sounds like much you decided in previously games really impacts much in DA:I.

Anyone have any opinions on Grim Dawn and whether it is worth the $12.49?  Given that it is Early Access, I'm a little wary especially since I know it will be cheaper by next year when it gets a full release.  However, I'm a huge fan of Titan Quest, Path of Exile, Diablo, and Torchlight and could use another game like this in my library and I know I'll be playing it immediately.  Just want to know if any of you have had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

Do you own DA2 DLC's Mark of the Assassin or Legacy?

If I had some BioWare Points, I'd be wanting to try those.
I have no DLC for DA2. Here's another question then, are BioWare Points a thing moving forward? I mean if they aren't being used anymore, then I might as well burn them.

Anyone have any opinions on Grim Dawn and whether it is worth the $12.49? Given that it is Early Access, I'm a little wary especially since I know it will be cheaper by next year when it gets a full release. However, I'm a huge fan of Titan Quest, Path of Exile, Diablo, and Torchlight and could use another game like this in my library and I know I'll be playing it immediately. Just want to know if any of you have had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance!
Kickstarter Backer here... I get a strong feeling of "incomplete" as I play it and it doesn't resonate like PoE, Diablo 3 Xpac, etc. I would say it can and probably will get better, but my first round of Kickstarting made me greatly dislike the "Early Access" nonsense.

If you're interested in seeing how it builds and grows, then go for it. If you're currently looking for something to invest some time in to level a character and loot grind, I'd go for something else.

Okay, so Dragon Age 2. I'm the brokenest of all broken records with this game. A lot of people hated it. I thought I was going to hate it, but I ended up liking it. Most of the criticisms were fair, but I found I liked the characters and dialogue enough to make up for it.

This part is important though. I could not stand the combat on normal mode. It was terrible. It was disgusting. It was shallow. Once I put the game on hard mode I started enjoying it again. There are a lot of synergies in the skill trees, many cross class, that don't come into play until you put it on hard mode.

If you don't care about combat, put it on easy and breeze through the story as fast as possible. If you do care about combat, put it on hard. It's not really that hard, but at the time anything that required thought beyond "mash this button" was too much for some people apparently.

To this day, this is the only thing that has disappointed me in the series. It started off as a return to challenging PC-style role-playing games, but oh, most of the sales were on consoles and they were kind of babies so we better make it easier and more fast paced. Sigh.

No offense to any babies in the audience, at least they bought it.

I guess I'll just hold onto my precious Tony-time Bioware points cache and play DAII vanilla just for the experience. Thanks all.
It's worth pointing out that everyone hates Bioware points, so they won't be used for Inquisition. If you have them, you might as well find something to spend them on.

I haven't played DAI yet. Good to know that it doesn't sounds like much you decided in previously games really impacts much in DA:I.
That's not exactly true. What you do in previous games doesn't change the overarching plot, what they do instead is provide flavor and make your story a little more "unique". I wouldn't underestimate how different bits of dialogue make a story feel more "yours". It's similar to the way being able to customize how your character looks. You start taking it for granted, then when you watch a video of someone else playing you feel weirded out. "That's not Commander Shepard!"

While nothing will immediately affect the more important parts of the story, since it needs to stand on its own as well, it can provide interesting differences. So far Inquisition seems to do a better job with this stuff than past games have, by a fair margin.

Without spoiling anything, I'm doing a quest at the moment that gives you a temporary companion based on a decision you made in a previous game. The quest itself does not change, but who the companion is might change how you approach it.

Having said all that, his comment was originally about the effects choices in DA2 have in Inquisition, and I honestly haven't noticed as many as I have with Origins. Only halfway through it though. The only really important thing I've noticed so far is how you handled Varric.

I have no DLC for DA2. Here's another question then, are BioWare Points a thing moving forward? I mean if they aren't being used anymore, then I might as well burn them.
Currently, nope.

They plan to use Origin for DLC purchases on newer games, starting w/ Dragon Age Inquisition.

Old titles that used BioWare Points - DAO, DA2, ME2, ME3 - are still stuck w/ BioWare Points system.

Link:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/512225-bioware-points-are-not-supported-by-dragon-age-inquisition/

Based on user feedback, beginning with Dragon Age: Inquisition, BioWare Points will no longer be supported as a means to purchase DLC.

This applies to PC or Mac only, as consoles will continue to support their respective methods of purchasing downloadable content.

Instead of using BioWare Points, PC and Mac users can purchase future DLC directly through Origin, using currency.

Players can still buy and use BioWare Points for existing BioWare games that already support their use. Please see below for a full list of supported titles.

We are notifying all players of this change well in advance of Dragon Age: Inquisition’s release to avoid any confusion.

List of BioWare titles that support BioWare Points:

• Dragon Age: Origins
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3

And I still have not purchased the last DLC for ME3 that I want to play, but cannot fathom paying equivalent to what can get ALL 3 GAMES.  PC fans got boned hard. 

And I still have not purchased the last DLC for ME3 that I want to play, but cannot fathom paying equivalent to what can get ALL 3 GAMES. PC fans got boned hard.
I don't have many - hell, if any - of the ME2+3 DLC's & DA2 DLC's.

I don't have many - hell, if any - of the ME2+3 DLC's & DA2 DLC's.
I have From Ashes and it's pretty much essential to the story. After watching spoiler videos on YouTube, so is Leviathan. Locking away key world narrative points behind more pay walls is a douche move. Also, anti-CAG.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I've bought all the Mass Effect DLC twice. Because, reasons.[/SIZE]
Part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back