Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you own DA2 DLC's Mark of the Assassin or Legacy?

If I had some BioWare Points, I'd be wanting to try those.
I saw this recently on amazon and not sure if you knew this or not:

http://www.amazon.com/BioWare-Points-Legacy-Online-Game/dp/B00C7B0GB8/

Apparently they have specific bioware points for DA:O+A (Not needed with the Ult Ed.), DA II, ME 2, and ME3 DLC's. No clue if this is something new or recent but at least it is another option to get them with Amazon credit. Also i know we will probably never see these on sale either.

Looks like I can buy all the DLC and still have 560 BWP left over. Thanks Tony, where ever you are.
560 leftover, eh?

560 BW Point could get one of these:

For ME2 - either Kasumi, Arrival, OR Overlord;

Or For DA2 - Exiled Prince.

I saw this recently on amazon and not sure if you knew this or not:

http://www.amazon.com/BioWare-Points-Legacy-Online-Game/dp/B00C7B0GB8/

Apparently they have specific bioware points for DA:O+A (Not needed with the Ult Ed.), DA II, ME 2, and ME3. No clue if this is something new or recent but at least it is another option to get them with Amazon credit. Also i know we will probably never see these on sale either.
Those are actually just Bioware Points redemption codes for the amount specified. Amazon had the ME2 ones bundled with the base game on sale, what was it, last year. I stocked up in addition to some that Tony gave out in the Amazon thread. {RIP}

560 leftover, eh?

560 BW Point could get one of these:
For ME2 - either Kasumi, Arrival, Overlord;
For DA2 - Exiled Prince.
No, I mean after buying everything, I'll still have 560 left over. The only items I haven't purchased are the appearance packs for ME2/3 because I think they look stupid.

I expect either a bundled "Ultimate Edition" ME trilogy release at some point that includes all the DLC.  I'd probably wait for that to hit $10 and buy it then. 

Edit: Also, for me it's Pg. 666 of this topic and we're discussing Bioware Points.  Coincidence? 

I expect either a bundled "Ultimate Edition" ME trilogy release at some point that includes all the DLC. I'd probably wait for that to hit $10 and buy it then.

Edit: Also, for me it's Pg. 666 of this topic and we're discussing Bioware Points. Coincidence?
Would be nice if DA2 + ME2&3 do get Ultimate Ed's w/ all their DLC's.

I'd even be happy w/ ALL DLC Only Packs for those games.

How devilish @ page 666 for you!

I'm on Page 799 over here.

So is shadow warrior worth $3.99 and does it have anything the console versions don't have besides KB/M controls?
4k? 120fps? (Console version supposedly have one more boss-battle, thought.)

Yes it is totally worth it.

Devs have promised a FREE DX11 64bit patch in future, which brings improvements for PC, Unlike certain AAA-games like Dark Souls 2 and Metro Last Light, which actually charged for it.

Thank god, something other than Bioware talk.

So is shadow warrior worth $3.99 and does it have anything the console versions don't have besides KB/M controls?
I would say yes to $4. Dunno about the PC version vs console, but I had a blast even at the $10 price point. I used a controller, but maybe the special moves might be easier with kb/m.

Edit: ninja'd to fuck and back, but that's my 2 cents anyway.

Well - if we had an Origin Thread, we could've posted it there... ;)

Though - I don't know how many people here use Origin (besides me and Neuro5i5), if there would worthwhile deals to mention + how many would actually talk in an Origin thread. ;)

EDIT:

Imagine if EA actually sent an EA Origin Rep here to CAG and we had an Official EA Origin Deals Thread.

Now that, that'd be hella entertaining... ;)

I couldn't get Bulletstorm to run. I spent an hour or so trying to cooperate with GFWL then finally gave up. I'm also not very savvy with computers, so you might have better luck with GFWL than I did.
Thanks for your input and testing it out. I suppose from the unmistakably few responses it's a game to pass on until GFWL gets removed. It looks like a fun game if one could actually play it.

For anyone considering the How To Survive bundles/DLC, the 90% discount ends in just a little over three hours.  I'm still trying to calculate Mooby's exact influence on future bundling, tiers and cost so I am undecided at this time.

Anyone got an opinion on the Logitech G700s mouse? My G500 is starting to act up with double click issues and the 700s will be on sale for $60 at Bestbuy.ca. I'm not gonna use it for gaming, but it seems to have the same features I like on the g500.

There's also gonna be a deal on Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Well - if we had an Origin Thread, we could've posted it there... ;)

Though - I don't know how many people here use Origin (besides me and Neuro5i5), if there would worthwhile deals to mention + how many would actually talk in an Origin thread. ;)

EDIT:

Imagine if EA actually sent an EA Origin Rep here to CAG and we had an Official EA Origin Deals Thread.

I use Origin just because it's where my EA games are. And to get all their free games they give away.

Too bad. :p

I haven't played DAI yet. Good to know that it doesn't sounds like much you decided in previously games really impacts much in DA:I.
Yes and no. There are some decisions that do make a fairly large difference in Inquisition but the bulk of them either don't. I could tell you which ones but

dixbtk0.gif

There are some effects from decisions in past games that get subtle mentions though, particularly in the War Table missions.

As MysterD said, those points are being phased out. No new games will use them. Dragon Age: Inquisition's add-ons, including a Digital Deluxe Upgrade and a (free) multiplayer expansion are available directly through Origin.
Also if you're schiesty, which none of us around here are because we would never do such a thing, you can use Hola set to Mexico and get DLC (and base games for that matter) cheaper on Origin. Something you couldn't do with Bioware points. A bunch people on Reddit talk about it.

That would require them to have decent deals. Which they don't. At least without spoofing being a Mexican.

Kickstarter Backer here... I get a strong feeling of "incomplete" as I play it and it doesn't resonate like PoE, Diablo 3 Xpac, etc. I would say it can and probably will get better, but my first round of Kickstarting made me greatly dislike the "Early Access" nonsense.

If you're interested in seeing how it builds and grows, then go for it. If you're currently looking for something to invest some time in to level a character and loot grind, I'd go for something else.
Thanks for the input. I will probably wait for the full release to bite on this one.

For anyone considering the How To Survive bundles/DLC, the 90% discount ends in just a little over three hours. I'm still trying to calculate Mooby's exact influence on future bundling, tiers and cost so I am undecided at this time.
Thanks, I almost gilbyed it. You'll have your bundle soon enough.

Same here.

So - I guess it's you, me, Motoki, and Neuro5i5 on CAG actually using Origin then... ;)
I use it too.

... but Origin doesn't have any sort of sale running at the moment. :p

Edit: Okay then. Saw. $4 at GMG / $3.70ish at Nuuvem. Worth it? Decent?

Any guesses as to whether Panzer Corps will go lower this sale?  Really chaps my hide that Bulletstorm got the vote.  Wanted Panzer Corps at 80% off.

For anyone considering the How To Survive bundles/DLC, the 90% discount ends in just a little over three hours. I'm still trying to calculate Mooby's exact influence on future bundling, tiers and cost so I am undecided at this time.
Amazon has price-matched it if you have that other kind of card money. I don't see the DLC there, though.

So Gamestop bought Impulse... I had games on in it.  It seems like Gamestop killed it.  Anyway of getting those old games back!?

Edit: NVM, I can't seem to find a "forgot your account?" style log in for the old app, so basically gone.  I think it was the Stardock games I have so I'll grab Sins again when it's on deep sale. 

Banished... bundle fodder or will it ever reach below $5?
Fundle bodder. Actually, it's hard to say. It was made by one guy in his spare time (who is otherwise gainfully employed) so he might not be desperate for cash -- thus the price could stay high for while. I'm waiting for a bundle because everything I've heard about is that while it's mechanically sound the content is fairly shallow and most people will get bored of it within ten hours or less.

So Gamestop bought Impulse... I had games on in it. It seems like Gamestop killed it. Anyway of getting those old games back!?

Edit: NVM, I can't seem to find a "forgot your account?" style log in for the old app, so basically gone. I think it was the Stardock games I have so I'll grab Sins again when it's on deep sale.
Go Download newest version of GameStop PC App (formerly Impulse):

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pc-game-downloads/

Also, for any Stardock games - go download Stardock Central + see if they still have your records:

http://www.stardock.com/stardockcentral/

Anyone have any opinions on Grim Dawn and whether it is worth the $12.49? Given that it is Early Access, I'm a little wary especially since I know it will be cheaper by next year when it gets a full release. However, I'm a huge fan of Titan Quest, Path of Exile, Diablo, and Torchlight and could use another game like this in my library and I know I'll be playing it immediately. Just want to know if any of you have had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know anything about Grim Dawn, but I know InmateofArkham would recommend Marvel Heroes, although I haven't tried it myself.

Fundle bodder. Actually, it's hard to say. It was made by one guy in his spare time (who is otherwise gainfully employed) so he might not be desperate for cash -- thus the price could stay high for while. I'm waiting for a bundle because everything I've heard about is that while it's mechanically sound the content is fairly shallow and most people will get bored of it within ten hours or less.
I don't know. I've been watching it for a while. The cheapest I recall was $6 on the humble store(summer sale maybe?), which I passed on, and hasn't come close since. I may buy it if it hits a daily or flash as one would think it would be 66%-75% off. Even if it shows up in some bundle I would expect it in a high tier of some sort. Or not. Buying indie games is always a risk no matter what % off.

Banished... bundle fodder or will it ever reach below $5?
It seems like prime bundling material. It's pretty popular and not even a year old yet, so it's not surprising it's only at 10 dollars right not. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see it 66% off as a featured deal. I'd expect it to hit five bucks sometime in the next year, and potentially 2.50 within the next several years, although, as Mooby mentioned, there are some variables that may make it a candidate to not follow typical pricing developments.

Basically unless you really want it right now and are going to play it, don't buy it.

Thanks for your input and testing it out. I suppose from the unmistakably few responses it's a game to pass on until GFWL gets removed. It looks like a fun game if one could actually play it.
Bulletstorm is ridiculous fun. The story and dialogue will have you rolling your eyes, but the gameplay is great. The entire game is set around making the absolute most mayhem that you can, and you are rewarded for it -- with arcade style point pop ups -- right in the game. The guys that made Painkiller (the great original, not the crappy sequels), created the game and you can tell by looking at some of the crazy weapons you get to use:

- 4 Barell (yes) Shotgun

- A cannonball launcher

- A gun that fires two grenades connected by a chain (which can be super-heated)

- A gun that shoots rocket propelled drills

- A sniper rifle that lets you guide the bullet

And all of them have alternate fire modes. It's tons o' fun, so, don't pass it up altogether. I didn't have problems running it the last time, but I guess everyone is different. Personally, I'd snatch it up at $3.99 as it seems unlikely it'd ever go lower than that.

Same here.

So - I guess it's you, me, Motoki, and Neuro5i5 on CAG actually using Origin then... ;)
Oh, I use Origin. It's where I keep all the free games they give me that I never play.

I still have lurker shaming Humble links to post, but in the mean time, here's a handful of keys I've been scrounging from the lesser known and easily forgotten bundlers. More junk to come maybe.

3 Stars of Destiny -
YFAYT-N0JJ4-NIDNV

7 Wonders - [SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]KFD5Y-PF3IY-94YVD

Actua Soccer 3 -
7ZVMN-7NPD0-I77QC

Adventures of Shuggy - 
56BR3-TJGLI-0QTX0

Alpha Kimori -
FEDEG-27009-I6HFY

Amazing Zombie Defense -
63XR2-69Q5T-NNL0R

Chernobyl Commando -
886EQ-93RW7-8HYID

Echo of the Wilds -
GARKJ-P482R-B9WLW  - 
0XZQT-Z7G5A-GNX29

Fairy Bloom Freesia -
QTKIX-V8INB-VQ2BP

Fly'n - [SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]PTMXZ-8J7Z6-FPLGQ

Hero Siege -
W7AR3-KGGYC-FDFW

Journey of a Roach -[SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]J3HI9-DCGJL-MZEBB

Legend of Dungeon -[SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]J0IEG-2BEJZ-2W5JI

Motte Island -[SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]XKF68-08CGI-FDBD4

One Day for Ched -
LAT50-XM7AN-RYFXK

Project Root -[SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]97KXG-5GLPZ-Z75EP

Puddle -[SIZE=90%]
[/SIZE]EDG4N-N2GFM-79LHL

Realms of the Haunting -
7GZAR-2KDDP-C6WZN  - [SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]7GW2Z-TF42P-386QR

Rhythm Destruction -
93XIZ-45VBK-REA6t

Terrorhedron -
4E4MB-GAL9A-Y239Y

Vangers -
LJNKP-C98XG-9WE2Y

Hacker Evolution -
88MFR-D7BND-9EFA4

Hacker Evolution Duality -
EZYXP-LE0HR-J5EAD

Hacker Evolution Untold -
P5NRI-NYWM6-KR5MZ

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hacker Bootcamp DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]BFQM8-ZPKRZ-BJG7L

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hardcore Music Pack DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]AYAV8-WKQG6-XEVQF

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]2TM2W-5FA68-FWQ3Q

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC
-
[SIZE=100%]
RAEFC-VFF34-AXMAY  -  [/SIZE][SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]XXRD6-7GV53-HG6H2

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 1 DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
5QQN9-6DK8F-5B04Y  -  [/SIZE][SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]GWDJ6-0EG5G-VV0EX

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 2 DLC
[SIZE=100%]
QCBPC-2847M-W66WP  -  [/SIZE][SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]W7IL7-76ZFE-LB3T7

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 3 DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
IKBIV-E448M-66TNG  -  [/SIZE][SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]KD7D2-23ABP-HN9BP

(Hacker Evolution Untold) Hardcore Music Pack DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]GCDE4-TDCRQ-0IMTW

(Hacker Evolution Untold) Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC - [SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]VMXQ9-W3QTN-46EQB

(Hacker Evolution Untold) Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]A9A4C-LHDMA-JBF05

(Hacker Evolution) Hardcore Music Pack DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]RW5QW-C5NJ3-D498N

(Hacker Evolution) Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
[/SIZE]EMB5R-EXQWM-VHY5Z

(Hacker Evolution) Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC -
[SIZE=100%]
2REJV-2D44F-9QTK8[/SIZE]

I still have lurker shaming Humble links to post, but in the mean time, here's a handful of keys I've been scrounging from the lesser known and easily forgotten bundlers. More junk to come maybe.
Thanks for Legend of Dungeon.

(Not a Seasonal. Just an Infreq.)

3 Stars of Destiny - YFAYT-N0JJ4-NIDNV

7 Wonders - [SIZE=90%] [/SIZE]KFD5Y-PF3IY-94YVD

Actua Soccer 3 - 7ZVMN-7NPD0-I77QC

Echo of the Wilds - GARKJ-P482R-B9WLW

Realms of the Haunting - 7GZAR-2KDDP-C6WZN
Thanks! I half-inch pinched these.

Hacker Evolution Untold - P5NRI-NYWM6-KR5MZ

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hacker Bootcamp DLC - [SIZE=100%] [/SIZE]BFQM8-ZPKRZ-BJG7L

(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hardcore Music Pack DLC - [SIZE=100%] [/SIZE]AYAV8-WKQG6-XEVQF
Thanks a lot Waggles! I took these.

Journey of a Roach -[SIZE=90%] [/SIZE]J3HI9-DCGJL-MZEBB
Took this one. Thanks for sharing. :)

Was going to take the only game I did not have ..

Project Root -[SIZE=90%] [/SIZE]97KXG-5GLPZ-Z75EP

But already taken ..

Thanks for code drop though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back