Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to either be taken out unless they're keeping them in for legitamate discounts that haven't been seen before, like how Meat Boy was 95% off. If they're gonna make Just Cause 2 or Garry's Mod 90% off or something I'm fine with it, but stop whipping out the same games over and over again for the same prices. How many times do GTAIV, Just Cause 2, Garry's Mod, Terraria, etc really need to come front and center? At least alternate between other older titles. Of course. Garry's Mod is somehow the 9th best seller right now, so what do I know.
They'll just keep featuring these until everyone owns a copy in their library and in their inventory.

header.jpg
XG44H-AWXQL-F8QHM

Got this, Thank you.

In the spirit of giving here are a few more

AI War: Vengeance: Q076C-YQJ8A-205Q2

Alien Hallway - M6PIW-C9MZN-MB2XG

Alien Shooter - M3K4L-44FCJ-KZ7CY

Alien Shooter 3 Reloaded - M5ZHI-KFM5M-QHPG5

Alien Breed 3 B3ZFJ-J7Y43-6HIE2

Interesting, because when I got into PC gaming i was much more likely to splurge, because I was used to console peasant prices. I was so overwhelmed, as a great deal to me used to be buy 2 used games get one free at Best Buy, which meant you were typically paying 30-50 bucks for three games. I remember buying Fallout 3 GOTY used for 20 bucks or something, then a few months later getting my first real gaming pc and buying it on sale for 5. It was such a shock to the system. This meant I bought some titles that weren't quite as good of deals in the context of PC gaming because EVERYTHING seemed like a great deal.
Actually, I built my Steam library slowly, which is why I'm still only around 1100 titles despite being around a lot longer than many of you guys. I was coming from a background of basically never paying for games ever and just pirating them (or, back in the day, borrowing them from friends) one at a time as I played them, and I'm just a less dedicated gamer than many here in terms of play time as well. Thus in the early days I never bought a game on sale unless it was a really good discount and something I wanted to play right away. I didn't really go off the deep end and become a collector until the mighty convergence of my bundle tipping point, card money, Russian trader games, and free games from Playfire. Two of which are now sadly defunct.

Wow, a lot of you seem to own this. Did I miss some huge glitch or was it the $3.75 sale from Humble store?
I bought it at GMG with pf money some time ago
this

[quote name="laney" post="12360296" timestamp="1419569928"]Anyone here interested in buying the Payday 2 : Clover Character Pack ? I misbought :(
For like $3 Paypal or 2 TF2 Keys[/quote]
It's Christmas, and you already forgot what you got for Christmas? ;)

Dungeon Derpfenders Eternity is also on massive discount along with the Dungeon Derpfender flash sale. It's $2... which is about the right price for a 'repackaging' of the original game. I never bought the expansion/DLC for the original and that's $1.50ish. Apparently DDE is more 'CASUL!' and doesn't require a lot of tedious grinding. Anyone played both and care to opine on the subject?
Eternity is basically a test run for DD2. It sports the new playerverse client that hosts all the data server side, which means you can't hack your gear. I repeat, YOU CAN'T HACK YOUR GEAR. Also eternity doesn't have ALL the dlc, but most of it. I bought everything when it came out, so I can't tell you exactly is left out. My rec is if you wanna play locally without fear of their service going offline, stick with vanilla DD and buy whatever dlc you want.

Good discussion everyone. I like HP for what it is, but it still irks me that the best NFS games have never been released in digital form. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would splurge if either of the Undergrounds ever saw the digital light of day.
There are texture mods & ENB for Underground 2 & Most Wanted (2005) that really rejuvinate them. I've gotten them up and running for Underground 2... and a little no-CD patch magic. I'm really surprised I've never seen anyone try to copy NFS U2's drift mode.

Got this, Thank you.

In the spirit of giving here are a few more

AI War: Vengeance: Q076C-YQJ8A-205Q2

Alien Hallway - M6PIW-C9MZN-MB2XG

Alien Shooter - M3K4L-44FCJ-KZ7CY

Alien Shooter 3 Reloaded - M5ZHI-KFM5M-QHPG5

Alien Breed 3 B3ZFJ-J7Y43-6HIE2
Got Vengeance, thanks!

Isthereanydeal, the blessing and the curse. All these pent up anxieties over deals can't be good for you. You guys should learn to relax and pay more for something than you should! Buy Vanilla Skyrim for $8. You will feel better I swear!

Tee hee.
No. You don't understand. I *remember* it was $5.25 on 3 December 2012. I don't need to look that up. I remember all the lowest prices of all the games I have any interest in. I remember lots of things I've seen/read/heard. Charles Howard Hinton first coined the term "tesseract" (4-dimensional hypercube), invented a cannon-like baseball pitching machine capable of throwing curve balls, married the daughter of George Boole (of Boolean logic), and failing to grasp the exclusive-or (either-or) proposition of marriage was later convicted of polygamy. He later moved to Japan before becoming a professor at Princeton.

Why do I remember this? I read a short article about him ~10 years ago. Yeah, I remember stuff. And if one is going to bother to bring something up they should at least be *right*. A lot of the way the world works depends on getting stuff right. How'd you like your dentist to drill the wrong tooth? Sugar and salt look basically the same, but you can't use them interchangeably in cooking. Correctness matters.

I never purchased that, but I believe certain codes activate collections and that's why you only have 15 listed. I'm sure someone else can clarify.
Can anyone confirm this? Do i just enter all those codes and since some are packs it adds up to the right amount of games? Jeeze this thread moved really fast. A lot of posts for xmas, dont any of you spend time with your families o_O

btw the new bundle kinda sucks. I own pretty much everything in the $1 tier except for that dos game, and most of the $6 stuff too

Can anyone confirm this? Do i just enter all those codes and since some are packs it adds up to the right amount of games? Jeeze this thread moved really fast. A lot of posts for xmas, dont any of you spend time with your families o_O
I was going to answer this, since I own that pack from Amazon, but I'm a bit taken aback by your judgmental comment how one "should" spent Christmas Day. Perhaps you'd prefer an answer from someone who spent their day in a way you approve.

Also you should be able to figure out the answer to your own question since amazon gives you it as:

Toe Jam and Earl: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkotron: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Sonic the Hedgehog: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Sonic 3 and Knuckles: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

SEGA Genesis Classics Series 2: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

SEGA Genesis Classics Series 3: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

SEGA Genesis Classics Series 1: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Sonic Spinball: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Sonic 3D Blast: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

I was going to answer this, since I own that pack from Amazon, but I'm a bit taken aback by your judgmental comment how one "should" spent Christmas Day. Perhaps you'd prefer an answer from someone who spent their day in a way you approve.

Also you should be able to figure out the answer to your own question since amazon gives you it as:

lol wow, touchy much? I guess internet are serious business. I forget how people get butt hurt at the drop of the hat sometimes. I also love that you used a quote for a word i didn't even use.

anyway, anyone heard anything about an upcoming game called Life is strange?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

its on a pathetic 10% sale right now but it just caught my eye. Looked really interesting, was wondering if anyone had played any demos of it or knew if it was coming to consoles or what

I'm sure a lot of people were with families but posted on CAG with their phones, or like me brought their laptop to their parents' house because when you spend christmas with your immediate family and youre only 25 and it's just you your mom dad and sisters nobody cares if you spend half of christmas on your computer anyway because everybody else is doing the same thing or watching tv or arguing about stupid things like which of the spouses gives stupider christmas presents

You forgot to add ...

Dumbass.

Got some bundle leftovers to giveaway.  PM me if you want one of these:

• Risk of Rain
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
  • Cubetractor
  • Hoard Complete Pack
  • Deadlight
  • Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • To The Moon
  • BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
  • Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • GRID
  • Empire: Total War

Drama aside, the Metal Gear Rising price at Nuuvem is now active. Here's the current dailies:

Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition - R$15.99 - 5.93 USD

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - R$12.49 - 4.63 USD

Spintires - R$14.99 - 5.56 USD - REGION LOCKED

Not gonna bother with the other three, they're bundle fodder (Alien Breed 1, Crusader Kings II) and Titanfall (much more expensive than Gamestop's recent price.)

Drama aside, the Metal Gear Rising price at Nuuvem is now active. Here's the current dailies:

Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition - R$15.99 - 5.93 USD

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - R$12.49 - 4.63 USD

Spintires - R$14.99 - 5.56 USD

Not gonna bother with the other three, they're bundle fodder (Alien Breed 1, Crusader Kings II) and Titanfall (much more expensive than Gamestop's recent price.)
ugh bad dailys worst nuuvem sale evar

Got Revengeance but I still can't figure out how to add Wolfenstein with Hola. Blargh. I just wanted to kill Nazis. ;_;
Try these steps.

Go to nuuvem website using Hola with Brasil.

Add to the cart Wolfenstein ....

Click on paypal. You will be asked to log in. Click Yes and turn Hola OFF.

You still will be seeing the cart with Wolfenstein added. Click again on paypal and pay.

Haha, I did spend time on my computer yesterday... but because I'm a grownup I managed to:

1) Get up at the ass crack of dawn so the kid didn't have to wait too long to get into their stockings

2)  Cook breakfast/eat breakfast

3) Open presents, then open the toys themselves which took longer

4) Watched the parade

5) Made lunch, played some SSB with the kid

6)  Played some Rift, some DAI, some ESO.

7) Made dinner

8)  Took a 2 hour nap.

9)  Clean everything up

10)  Talk on here all day long and stay up to date on the forum.  :)

Why do I remember this? I read a short article about him ~10 years ago. Yeah, I remember stuff.
Bullshit. Skitty's room is wallpapered with pictures of the guy and tesseracts drawings and, if you open her Lisa Frank notebook, it says "Mrs Asheskitty Hinton" like a thousand times in pink glitter pen.

Re: Sega genesis on Amazon drama

Either the codes work on Steam and you enter them in one by one yes or they don't. If they don't and you wanted it on Steam complain to the Amazon CS they'll refund your money so you can rebuy the Steam version (it's there just search for it). Oh and whoever linked that non-Steam version in the Steam thread, please don't in the future. It confuses the noobs non-regulars. Amazon back in the Tony days was pretty notorious for having separate listings both Steam and non-Steam for the same game in many cases because a couple of idiots screamed for DRM free.

As for what we did for Christmas as others have pointed out there are such inventions as mobile devices and laptops. If your family keeps you riveted with interest all day that's amazing but for most of us not so much. (side note: I found out the hard way Steam locks you out of trading for a week if you login from a different device. Guess I won't be trading for any winter sale cards I'm lacking. Merry Christmas to you too Valve)

Re: Spintires ~$5 @ Carmen Miranda's games bazaar

That's about my jump in price, but now indies are region locking? Too bad. PASS.

I'm in a hurry. Just came here to say there is an Activision Sale on Newegg + 15% off discount extra with promo code: EMCWHHD224
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSUTQYXWLSHI
Hm, that makes the Amazing Spider-Man 2 bundle (includes all DLC) $14.15
I bit on this. You twisted my arm. I don't think it will go much lower than that price when you factor in the dlc plus it has a risk of getting yanked. I guess my hesitation on the previous sales paid off :p

Thanks for the heads-up on that Newegg Amazing Spiderman deal. I've been waiting for something decent on those games for years.

I went ahead and grabbed the first game instead of the second. It has better reviews and it was only $9.56 for the bundle. I hope the second doesn't get pulled, but I can live with just having the better of the two if it does. No way I'm paying ~$25 for the pair.

Man, that's a nice price. I know I'll want the DLC though and there doesn't appear to be a cheap all-in DLC upgrade option anywhere on Steam. I may just have to wait for a deal on the Collection package.

Thanks for the heads-up on that Newegg Amazing Spiderman deal. I've been waiting for something decent on those games for years.

I went ahead and grabbed the first game instead of the second. It has better reviews and it was only $9.56 for the bundle. I hope the second doesn't get pulled, but I can live with just having the better of the two if it does. No way I'm paying ~$25 for the pair.
First game has better reviews, but I believe the PC port of 1 is worse than the 2nd game. Constant unfixable crashes, low framerate with AMD cards, and you need to put a file in the game folder after launching it if you're using an AMD GPU (if its in the folder before the game is launched, the launcher crashes). Oh, and I had to set city life density to low to fix some audio issues. I think I paid around $6 for the game + DLC before everything got region locked and regretted it. Might try forcing myself to play it again just so I finish it.

I'm hoping to have better luck with the 2nd game, whenever I get around to buying it. Seems that some people manage to play the 2nd without any crashing

anyway, anyone heard anything about an upcoming game called Life is strange?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

its on a pathetic 10% sale right now but it just caught my eye. Looked really interesting, was wondering if anyone had played any demos of it or knew if it was coming to consoles or what
Bit OTT calling the 10% off "pathetic" considering its pre-order. Its not often games get higher discounts as a pre-order. If anything its par for the course.

As for the game, its made by the same dev who did Remember Me and its also Square Enix and episodic. It definitely looks interesting and is something Id consider, but new IP and a publisher who notoriously discount things quickly. IMO its a wait and see game, but Im definitely interested in it. By the time all the episodes are released it'll have hit 50% off or better.

[quote name="asheskitty" post="12360487" timestamp="1419579237"]There are texture mods & ENB for Underground 2 & Most Wanted (2005) that really rejuvinate them. I've gotten them up and running for Underground 2... and a little no-CD patch magic. I'm really surprised I've never seen anyone try to copy NFS U2's drift mode.[/quote]
I think I had the textured mods and the 1080p widescreen mode set up on Underground 2, but damned if I know where my disc is. Never looked into *that* patch.

First game has better reviews, but I believe the PC port of 1 is worse than the 2nd game. Constant unfixable crashes, low framerate with AMD cards, and you need to put a file in the game folder after launching it if you're using an AMD GPU (if its in the folder before the game is launched, the launcher crashes). Oh, and I had to set city life density to low to fix some audio issues. I think I paid around $6 for the game + DLC before everything got region locked and regretted it. Might try forcing myself to play it again just so I finish it.

I'm hoping to have better luck with the 2nd game, whenever I get around to buying it. Seems that some people manage to play the 2nd without any crashing
All the Mooby avatars are really confusing me. I was like, Mooby doesn't play Spiderman games...oh wait.

(side note: I found out the hard way Steam locks you out of trading for a week if you login from a different device. Guess I won't be trading for any winter sale cards I'm lacking. Merry Christmas to you too Valve)
I think it only locks you out of trading on the new device. You can still use the other devices/clients/browsers you normally login with to trade.

Re: Spintires ~$5 @ Carmen Miranda's games bazaar

That's about my jump in price, but now indies are region locking? Too bad. PASS.
Yeah, I was.. ~$5 sure. Region Locked?!? %$#&

Since people are talking about car games, anyone have any thoughts on the older F1 Codemasters games (on sale now at GMG) 2013, 2012, etc.?
The one F1 game to get atm is F1 2013 Classic Edition. It's the best of the them. It has the most content.

2010 & 2011 -- GFWL

2012 -- Solid, but slightly eclipsed by 2013 base, and totally eclipsed by 2013 Classic Edition

2013 Classic Edition. The one to get. If you're only getting base, then it's pretty close to 2012.

2014 -- Overpriced downgrade from 2013. Skippable.

I think I had the textured mods and the 1080p widescreen mode set up on Underground 2, but damned if I know where my disc is. Never looked into *that* patch.
I hate having to swap CDs/DVDs... more handling -> more chance of damage. My Pentium laptop didn't have a built-in CD drive, so I got used to using no-CD patches back then.

I think it only locks you out of trading on the new device. You can still use the other devices you normally login with to trade.
This. I was about to comment this same.

Don't let it confuse you. We're all the same person. The Mooby Collective.
“What is your name?”

“My name is Mooby, for we are many.”
We are Mooby. Resistance as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

You will become one with the Mooby.

Why do you resist?

Brave words. I've heard of them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Mooby.

I got a random ass steam trade offer from some guy that I have no mutuals with.

Don't Starve & Reign of Giants for 3 TF2 Keys.

Am I missing something here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back