Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
My incredible losing streak in the customer vote continues.

Not that I was gonna buy any of those. But I would like to be on the winning side of at least one of these votes before the sale ends.

Imagine what it'll be like once everybody starts using Toaster Avatars.... ;)
We will all be living in our parents basements ;)
But I am living in my parents' basement (for the holidays.) I guess there's really no choice, then.

Found another Newegg deal...

Hitachi Magic Wand HV260 Personal Massager for $42.95 after coupon code EMCWHHE52. Coupon code is valid until 12/31/14.

It's the perfect thing for dealing with the Steam Sale Blues.
That price is good if you're going to play it right away. If you're just going to put it in the backlog I'd wait for a bundle.

Invisible, Inc: Stealth, Turn-Based Strategy, Very Positive reviews, less expensive

Ancient Space: Strategy, Space, Mixed reviews, more expensive

"Oh! We'll take the latter!"

fuck you, Steam Community!

Invisible, Inc: Stealth, Turn-Based Strategy, Very Positive reviews, less expensive

No surprise.

Not only does the Steam Sale disappoint, but Steam Community even disappoints w/ their votes for what deal Community Choice gets the extra discount.

That price is good if you're going to play it right away. If you're just going to put it in the backlog I'd wait for a bundle.
Well, I already have the HV250r which is keeping me entertained. I don't see any reason to get the latest iteration, HV260, at the moment. I do recommend the Extension Cord DLC, as the default cord is on the short side.

Who the heck buys stuff from Steam anymore? ;)

Their sales of late been...well, pretty weak.
I didn't buy much the last few years due to MMOs sucking up all my game time and now consoles, I bought a few things this year so far

Nidhogg

Super time Force Ultra

Shadowrun + Dragonfall

Ghostbusters

FTL

Torchlight 2

Bully

Saints Row 4 GOTC + Sr2 (got Sr3 in a holiday bundle last year?)

Wolf Among Us

How to Survive

Valkyria Chronicles (gmg I think though)

Metal Gear Revengeance

Speedrunners

Overcast

Final Fantasy 13

I do a few bundles a year but not all of them so maybe many of these were in bundles, but I don't really recall most of them in any. probably my biggest steam holiday sales purchases over the past 4-5 years. Also picked up 2 or 3 games on the gem auction thing like Max.

only thing I'm really looking for a sale on at this point is Divinity Original Sin.

Well, I already have the HV250r which is keeping me entertained. I don't see any reason to get the latest iteration, HV260, at the moment. I do recommend the Extension Cord DLC, as the default cord is on the short side.
Typical AAA large studio crap they shovel out these days. The real future of entertainment is in retro pixel-style play.

90001.jpg

i for once vote for ancient space. why?

1. i already own Invisible Inc since it enter early access and got immediate early discount (plus, the Russian price was very tempting. I am sure most ppl on Steam got in as well)

2. Ancient Space NEVER get discounted deeply and it is space combat. Hence the vote!

3. I think most Steam users shy away from Early Access bc they got burned many times in the past

Everybody keeps say the sale sucks. Maybe it does. I've kinda stopped buying games until these sales and when I'm ready to play.Take endless legend, a little higher price tag but I'm playing it now so its all good.  I keep an eye on CAG for crazy deals but I pass on much more now.  My haul below which I think I paid some great prices on. 

Rouge Legacy 

Brothers - A tale of Two Sons 

Endless Legend - Already put like 12 hours in worth the higher price

The Walking Dead Season 2

Awesomenauts

Bulletstorm

Shadow Warrior

Metal Gear Rising 

Halo Spartan Assault

I voted for Ancient Space, cuz it has a chick in the art and space, of course. Must've been why it won. Audiosurf 2 is the last game I'd have voted for.. didn't like the first game.

3. I think most Steam users shy away from Early Access bc they got burned many times in the past
But this early access title is by a proven indie developer (Klei - Shank, Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve), and the game is fully playable in its current state. They are still adjusting the difficulty of some areas and adding features to make the game better. I'm still regretting not picking it up before it hit EA, when they offered a 2-pack (including Steam keys) for less than the current MSRP.

Anyone played Dragon Age 2?  how come there's no DLC included or no ULTIMATE edition on sale?

Gamersgate is having Dragon age sale and I would like to pick up Dragon Age 2 so any comment would be appreciated (i got the first one from Nuveem)

But this early access title is by a proven indie developer (Klei - Shank, Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve), and the game is fully playable in its current state. They are still adjusting the difficulty of some areas and adding features to make the game better. I'm still regretting not picking it up before it hit EA, when they offered a 2-pack (including Steam keys) for less than the current MSRP.
after Double Fine, a very reputable developer, f**** us in the a$$ with Early Access, gamers got more and more cautious with EA

Now you too can be a l33t h4x0r like me!

(Hacker Evolution Untold) Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC (STEAM): X6JW6-YFE02-WXNLR
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 1 DLC (STEAM): 9NBMR-B46K6-289RK
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 2 DLC (STEAM): 006TJ-09DNR-H73L8
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 3 DLC (STEAM): 35PJH-9HDMZ-YCMZE
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC (STEAM): VD7PC-E6W4A-XHG9K

I also have complete DLC key sets for each Hacker Evolution game. One key set per game. Reply here to request one, please do not send me PMs.

I gave these away, sorry.

Gamersgate is having Dragon age sale and I would like to pick up Dragon Age 2 so any comment would be appreciated (i got the first one from Nuveem)
It's generally considered far inferior to Origins. Repeating cut and paste environments (most of the story is in a single city and they repeat backgrounds like a Flintstones cartoon), button mashing arcade style combat and a bunch of customization is gone. Fewer skills, gear that can only be worn by a single character, etc. Plus some lore retcons that serve no purpose except to say "We decided this was cooler so ignore Origins & Awakenings".

The best anyone generally says about it is "It would be an okay ARPG if it wasn't a Dragon Age game". I'm sure it has some supporters out there though.

There's no DLC on sale or Complete edition because EA was using Bioware Points at the time and wants people to spend extra money buying those instead of paying cash like a normal person in the modern age. They've dropped the Bioware points thing for Dragon Age Inquisition but it still remains for DA2 and the Mass Effect games. There isn't even a "Complete" edition available from Origin (the EA store, not the Dragon age game)

Anyone played Dragon Age 2? how come there's no DLC included or no ULTIMATE edition on sale?
I'm playing it right now. Despite the general dislike, I'm enjoying it. It is a bit stripped down from Origins, similar to how ME2 changed from ME1, but on it's own, it's still pretty fun thus far.

As for DLC...Bioware Points. I had extra, so it wasn't an issue for me.

Now you too can be a l33t h4x0r like me!

(Hacker Evolution Untold) Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC (STEAM): X6JW6-YFE02-WXNLR
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 1 DLC (STEAM): 9NBMR-B46K6-289RK
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 2 DLC (STEAM): 006TJ-09DNR-H73L8
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Inception Part 3 DLC (STEAM): 35PJH-9HDMZ-YCMZE
(Hacker Evolution Duality) Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC (STEAM): VD7PC-E6W4A-XHG9K

I also have complete DLC key sets for each Hacker Evolution game. One key set per game. Reply here to request one, please do not send me PMs.
Thanks - grabbed the last one.

Don't Starve was also one of the first Early Access titles on Steam, so they've already dabbled with this kind of thing before.

Which one do you want? Normal, Duality or Untold.

It's just the DLC, no games.
I own all three, and only have Hardcore #2 for Normal.

I'd say all three =)

But if that's too piggy, then just Music Pack + Hardcore #1 for Normal (since the latter two seem to be less liked).

Thanks!

Anyone played Dragon Age 2? how come there's no DLC included or no ULTIMATE edition on sale?

About there not being An All Inclusive DLC Collection or Complete Edition for DA2 -- DA2, ME2, and ME3 are stuck w/ BioWare Points system. Currently, you have to buy BioWare Points from BioWare - or Amazon, who is one of the few retailers selling it digitally) - which are almost hardly ever on sale. This is how BioWare + EA made some money here, as they eventually sold the base-games alone cheap, but DLC at a wicked Premium.

Yep, I played Dragon Age 2 (base-game). DA2 is nowhere as great as DAO. Not even close. Recycled environments (one of my biggest complaints); lack of customization depth on party members; nowhere as many decisions/choices as DAO; a lot of enemies appearing from out of the sky/rooftops of cities when in combat; lack of tac-cam; lack of huge scope; game mostly takes place in one city of Kirkwall - these keep it away from being as great as it could've been. All these minor things add up to a major problem w/ this game, IMHO.

I really liked the Each Chapter having its own arc + story. No story really feel like it ever goes on too long, either - IMHO. Though, given how DA2 goes - I'd rather have had Chapters 2 + 3 flipped. Some of the side quests have continuation of their own on a theme - i.e. things involving Hawke's family, which make this game feel more personal. and I loved a lot of the characters here - including Varric, Merrill, Isabella. If you like and appreciate BioWare's typical excellent in developing characters + story - if you can get DA2 real cheap, I'd say go for it; and get it just for that.

I really enjoyed the improvement in combat speed + the way combat just looks awesome, flashy and showy. I also dug the improved graphics quality (make sure you install DA2's DX10 stuff from their website, if you have a DX11 card) and more unique graphics-style (when compared to DAO) Unfortunately, they forgot to make it difficult + strategic, at least on the default difficulty.

I own all three, and only have Hardcore #2 for Normal.

I'd say all three =)

But if that's too piggy, then just Music Pack + Hardcore #1 for Normal (since the latter two seem to be less liked).

Thanks!
(Hacker Evolution) Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC (STEAM): A2GPW-WNTQK-8XWI3

DLC packs for Duality and Untold are still available.

About there not being An All Inclusive DLC Collection or Complete Edition for DA2...

DA2, ME2, and ME3 are stuck w/ BioWare Points system. Currently, you have to buy BioWare Points from BioWare - or Amazon, who is one of the few retailers selling it digitally) - which are almost hardly ever on sale. This is how BioWare + EA made some money here, as they eventually sold the base-games alone cheap, but DLC at a wicked Premium.

Dragon Age 2 (base-game).

DA2 is nowhere as great as DAO. Not even close. Recycled environments (one of my biggest complaints); lack of customization depth on party members; nowhere as many decisions/choices as DAO; a lot of enemies appearing from out of the sky/rooftops of cities when in combat; lack of tac-cam; lack of huge scope; game mostly takes place in one city of Kirkwall - these keep it away from being as great as it could've been. All these minor things add up to a major problem w/ this game, IMHO.

I really liked the Each Chapter having its own arc + story. No story really feel like it ever goes on too long, either - IMHO. Though, given how DA2 goes - I'd rather have had Chapters 2 + 3 flipped. Some of the side quests have continuation of their own on a theme - i.e. things involving Hawke's family, which make this game feel more personal. and I loved a lot of the characters here - including Varric, Merrill, Isabella. If you like and appreciate BioWare's typical excellent in developing characters + story - if you can get DA2 real cheap, I'd say go for it; and get it just for that.

I really enjoyed the improvement in combat speed + the way combat just looks awesome, flashy and showy. I also dug the improved graphics quality (make sure you install DA2's DX10 stuff from their website, if you have a DX11 card) and more unique graphics-style (when compared to DAO) Unfortunately, they forgot to make it difficult + strategic, at least on the default difficulty.

Well, my main two games to watch out for were Wasteland 2 and Divinity: OS.  Neither one came close to a discount worth purchasing.  Half tempted by Transistor but I know that's just sale ennui talking and I should wait for 75% or Bundle.

I've bought more this year than years past actually. Rogue Legacy, Talisman,Brothers: a tale of two sons, and south park stick of truth. Shame sentinels of the multiverse was just released. No steam sale for a while. That one is tempting me at full price...

Ugh. Why is Tomb Raider Survival Edition not available anymore? Friggin' Squeenix...
B/c Square Enix are idiots and keep removing things that they shouldn't. ;)

i.e. Squeenix removing original versions of Deus Ex: HR + Sleeping Dogs; replacing them w/ Complete Editions.

At least give gamers choices - since they don't always seem to do the greatest job on Re-Release Editions.

I didn't buy much the last few years due to MMOs sucking up all my game time and now consoles, I bought a few things this year so far

Nidhogg

Super time Force Ultra

Shadowrun + Dragonfall

Ghostbusters

FTL

Torchlight 2

Bully

Saints Row 4 GOTC + Sr2 (got Sr3 in a holiday bundle last year?)

Wolf Among Us

How to Survive

Valkyria Chronicles (gmg I think though)

Metal Gear Revengeance

Speedrunners

Overcast

Final Fantasy 13

I do a few bundles a year but not all of them so maybe many of these were in bundles, but I don't really recall most of them in any. probably my biggest steam holiday sales purchases over the past 4-5 years. Also picked up 2 or 3 games on the gem auction thing like Max.

only thing I'm really looking for a sale on at this point is Divinity Original Sin.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

TobiasBoo-yahLG.gif

It's generally considered far inferior to Origins. Repeating cut and paste environments (most of the story is in a single city and they repeat backgrounds like a Flintstones cartoon), button mashing arcade style combat and a bunch of customization is gone. Fewer skills, gear that can only be worn by a single character, etc. Plus some lore retcons that serve no purpose except to say "We decided this was cooler so ignore Origins & Awakenings".

The best anyone generally says about it is "It would be an okay ARPG if it wasn't a Dragon Age game". I'm sure it has some supporters out there though.

There's no DLC on sale or Complete edition because EA was using Bioware Points at the time and wants people to spend extra money buying those instead of paying cash like a normal person in the modern age. They've dropped the Bioware points thing for Dragon Age Inquisition but it still remains for DA2 and the Mass Effect games. There isn't even a "Complete" edition available from Origin (the EA store, not the Dragon age game)
Even Bioware makes fun of Dragon Age 2

Iron Bull: Hey, Varric, I was reading your stuff. Where did your bad guys come from?

Varric: Well, some of them come from Tevinter and some are Ben-Hassrath spies, but I like the story where the villain was the man besides you the whole time. The best villain don't see themselves as evil. They're fighting for a good cause and willing to get their hands dirty.

Iron Bull: Alright that's... really deep and all but, I meant where did the bad guys come from literally. The way you write it is like they just fall from the sky and land on top on the hero.

Varric: I like to leave some things to the reader's imaginations.
There's also sort of the implication that they retconned all the bad things about it as just Varric's shitty story telling.

B/c Square Enix are idiots and keep removing things that they shouldn't. ;)

i.e. Squeenix removing original versions of Deus Ex: HR + Sleeping Dogs; replacing them w/ Complete Editions.

At least give gamers choices - since they don't always seem to do the greatest job on Re-Release Editions.
Yeah it's not like other sites continue to sell these older versions. :)

Looks like GreenManGaming got some new 24 Hr Deals Up:

20% OFF COUPON = WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE (which might not work on certain titles).

Check your e-mails for your own personal 22% off coupon + check to see if it's still valid.

All sale-prices listed are BEFORE any coupons, discounts, or promos applied.

All keys below are for Steam, unless otherwise stated.

Dishonored: GOTY - $10.19 (66% off)

Dishonored (base game) - $4.99 (75% off)

The Orange Box - $4.99 (75% off)

Fallout Collection [includes Fallout 1 + Fallout 2 + Fallout Tactics]  - $4.99 (75% off)

Full Spectrum Warrior:  Complete (includes  FSW + Ten Hammers) - $1.49 (90% off)

Full Spectrum Warrior  - 99 cents (90% off)

Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers - 99 cents (90% off)

Deadfall Adventures: Digital Deluxe - $4.99 (90% off)

Deadfall Adventures (Regular)  - $3.99 (90% off)

Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge ->  $1.99 (80% off)

.Desperados 1: Wanted Dead or Alive ->  99 cents (80% off)

Genesis Rising - 49 cents (90% off)

Gothic 2: Gold (Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven) - $1.49 (85% off)

Mixed DRM / Other DRM listed below for these Gothic games:

Gothic Complete [Gothic 1 & Gothic 2 Gold & Gothic 3 + Forsaken Gods] - $3.74 (85% off, Other DRM? (Not-Steam?)

Gothic 3: Gold (Gothic 3 + Forsaken Gods) - $2.99 (85% off, Securom DRM)

Well, my main two games to watch out for were Wasteland 2 and Divinity: OS. Neither one came close to a discount worth purchasing. Half tempted by Transistor but I know that's just sale ennui talking and I should wait for 75% or Bundle.
Did I miss a daily for Wasteland 2? That's the main thing I was waiting on a good drop for.

EDIT: Maybe they'll have a recap day again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back