Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
For that game experience?

Take that $ and take Selco's class over at SHTF School.
They take Gaben bucks!? But, why would I take that class, when I have a near infinite pool of similar knowledge to draw from my crazy uncle. Dude is ready and anxious for those bombs to drop so he can get survival on. Personally, I don't care anything about living through the next big war.

*Edit 3 :p GGG has it on their store but if you try to checkout with a US address it says it's excluded from that territory and won't let you go through with payment.
That's too bad. I bet the guy sleeping with his feet up on the desk at GetGamesGo was all excited too when the computer beeped that they had a visitor.

Haven't bought from Nuuvem since Gaben declared war on ghe Third World.

If I buy Spintires and/or Metal Gear Rising Revengeance on Nuuvem, will they work in the UK?

If anyone wants to trade my holiday cards for non-holiday cards equaling .07 USD I have a bunch of them before I put it on the market.

Edit: Most of the cards were taken o_o  Thanks, everyone.  Check back everyday when voting happens again and I should get about 6 a day.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kanokare/inventory/

Haven't bought from Nuuvem since Gaben declared war on ghe Third World.

If I buy Spintires and/or Metal Gear Rising Revengeance on Nuuvem, will they work in the UK?
Spintires needs a VPN to activate, it's a further-South-than-Mexico only key.

Metal Gear doesn't seem to have a region lock.

If anyone wants to trade my holiday cards for non-holiday cards equaling .07 USD I have a bunch of them before I put it on the market.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kanokare/inventory/
I'm probably doing this in a couple of days. Get some cheap stuff I can use for SteamCardExchange credit.

Bruticus found 33% off appealing enough to buy digital underwear I see.

ST21gUE.png

Metal Gear supposedly has no region lock according to the page and I couldn't find one in the steamdb either but some European at Reddit claimed it was region locked for him. *shrug*
This item can not be purchased in Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Republic of, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

https://steamdb.info/sub/36077/

So Asia is out...

Well like I said I checked the steamdb couldn't find anything (that locked out Europe, I saw the Asia part but figured it wasn't relevant here), but I'm not buying that game and anyway I'm not in that region so I can't personally confirm or deny what that person on Reddit is saying.

I'm assuming the guy is from Europe because 90%+ of the posters there seem to be and the way he spelled "realise".

I kind of suspect he doesn't know what he's talking about but if it was a game I wanted I don't know that I'd risk it either.

Anyway, if someone wants to chance and it go for it go ahead. I'm just putting out there what I read while noting it's not first hand experience and doesn't quite jive with the Steamdb.

So I guess Mensa Academy got pulled. Not sure when or why but it's no longer for sale on Steam or Square's own store.

Lowest price right now is on GMG at $5 or $4 if you use WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE. There's also a 22% off voucher that was emailed to people but that only brings it down another 10 cents.
IIRC there were two variants in the Steam DB, "Mensa Academy" and "American Mensa Academy". Oddly enough, I think the US got the just "Mensa Academy" one but neither are available for sale on Steam in NA nor in Square's NA store.

I'm not sure if there's any difference.

FWIW I just bought it on GMG and it registered as "American Mensa Academy".
Definitely seems like a region issue then: it's showing at $2.49 (75% off) on GMG for me (labelled just "Mensa Academy") in addition to still being on Steam and the Square Enix store (as previously mentioned.)

Definitely seems like a region issue then: it's showing at $2.49 (75% off) on GMG for me (labelled just "Mensa Academy") in addition to still being on Steam and the Square Enix store (as previously mentioned.)
I can see Mensa, but not Murican Mensa, in the client (MX store.) Neither show up for me in the US store (via browser.)

Odd how they both have different Store IDs... and achievements.

It's funny how everyone was all desperate to get Amalur on a sale and now everyone's like eh.

FWIW I tried to get into it but really never did. It seems like some generic vaguely Fable inspired MMO without the other people.

Supposedly, one of the DLC is better.

I'm sure MysterD can say more about it. Much, MUCH more.

Nuuvem Dailies:

Worms Franchise 80% off

Life is Feudal - R$39.99 - $14.83 USD (45% off)

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - R$19.99 - $7.41 USD (33% off)

Scribblenauts Unmasked - R$7.99 - $2.96 USD (78% off)

Tropico 5 - R$19.99 - $7.41 USD (75% off) Kalypso DRM

Bioshock Triple Pack - R$24.98 - $9.26 USD (83% off) Cannot be added to cart outside Brazil

None of the items appear to be region locked, but that's a 2K game so it can't be bought without Hola.

Nuuvem Dailies:

Worms Franchise 80% off

Life is Feudal - R$39.99 - $14.83 USD (45% off)

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - R$19.99 - $7.41 USD (33% off)

Scribblenauts Unmasked - R$7.99 - $2.96 USD (78% off)

Tropico 5 - R$19.99 - $7.41 USD (75% off) Kalypso DRM

Bioshock Triple Pack - R$24.98 - $9.26 USD (83% off) Cannot be added to cart outside Brazil

None of the items appear to be region locked, but that's a 2K game so it can't be bought without Hola.
is it time we just start a nuuvem thread?

I've heard KoA: Reckoning is kind of boring and travel is a pain. Do current mods fix any of this, or should I just skip the game?
Depends on what you want out of a game.

KOA: Reckoning is well-known - yes, that even on its Hard setting - to be quite EASY. Also - if you do tons of side-quests, you can become really overpowered. I would - and probably many others, for that matter - would suggest you go find the HeartCore Mod. I have not tried it, BTW - as its built to increase difficulty, if the regular settings feel too easy to you.

I liked the KOA:R base-game - there's just TONS to do. Whether you are into playing what is, more or less, an offline-solo-player style MMO [b/c of its huge game-world, tons to do, and a lot of MMO-type of quests] - that's up to you. I thought a lot of the writing was solid and well-done - but, a lot of it really lacks personality. A lot of the main-quest stuff is quite good, but it's the side-stuff that can be overbearing - b/c there's so damn much of it. I went through about 72 hours of the base-game. It's probably not best to actually play the entire game at once - just like what I suggest for huge games like Skyrim, TDU2, and Far Cry 3.

If you have a controller - combat feels similar to Darksiders 1. I can't speak for this - but others also compare its combat to games like God of War. I love the feel of the combat here in KOA:R - as it feels great; smooth; and you really do feel and hear every hit. For a RPG to have combat like this, very similar to that of most action games - is just great. If you ever wanted great combat in a RPG - look no further, as KOA:R puts most games to shame in this. If only the vanilla-game was had more "higher" difficultly settings out-the-box from Big Huge Games, though...

The Legend of Dead Kel DLC is great. You have a bad guy to really (love to) hate here - which is great, since the base-game really didn't give you much of a personal reason (as it was more of a big-scope kind of story). Actually, this DLC has way more personality, humor, and story than your base-game - by a bloody mile. And, you'll actually likely care about the story - b/c the story centers around this small island; and what Dead Kel's done to the people + island there. After about 10 hours - this DLC's just great, a lot of fun, and the graphics-style w/ the pirate theme just looks slick. Granted, KOA:R ain't the best looking game, technically - or not even close to that, even back when it came out - but the artistic direction here in this DLC is often flat-out much cooler and more interesting than what the base-game had going on.

Teeth of Naros DLC was good + solid DLC, but it just ain't on Dead Kel's level. Just like the base-game, Teeth of Naros lacks the personality, story, and personal touches that made Dead Kel great. It took me around 10 hours to also get through this DLC, as well - and it's more KOA:R. If you liked KOA:R, you should give this a shot; since it's quite meaty + lengthy for a DLC. And I certainly did not do everything here, either - just like what I did with Dead Kel.

Wouldn't it just be better to keep all the Steam redeemable deals (Amazon, Nuuvem, Green Man Gaming, etc) in this thread?
Might be easier to keep that all in Steam Thread - since I don't really see Amazon + GMG reps on these boards anymore.

Would be interesting if CAG actually did get an official Nuuvem rep here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back