Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the base, but before I go scramble around and try to find it and pay too much for it, is any of the DLC actually worth a damn?
Bug Hunt is a new multiplayer mode, Stasis Interrupted is story, Reconnaissance and Movie Map Pack are multiplayer stuff. The rest is multiplayer skins, weapons, and an optional gun range.

I have the base, but before I go scramble around and try to find it and pay too much for it, is any of the DLC actually worth a damn?
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/03/aliens-colonial-marines-stasis-interrupted-review-readers-feature-3909747/

In Short: Essentially more of the same, delivering a deeply unsatisfying conclusion to an already flawed game, which curiously manages to be even worse than the main campaign it‘s supposed to enhance.

Pros: It likely signals an end to Gearbox’s association with the Aliens canon.

Cons: Sub-standard in almost every department, epitomised by the ludicrous story arc, which deserves to go down in gaming history as the worst plot ever conceived, even if it doesn’t deserve to be experienced en masse.

Score: 2/10
http://www.rebgaming.com/video-game-review/aliens-colonial-marines-stasis-interrupted-dlc-review/

Stasis interrupted brings nothing new or improved on to the table, what was wrong with the campaign is wrong with the DLC. ["spolier" removed] That in my opinion is a total piss take and the final fuck you from Gear box to all Aliens fans. 1/5 - Very Poor
It's not all bad news. The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts got added back on steam.
Is it?

Look, unless you're a completionist, you shouldn't worry about any missing stuff. I only have everything because I got a really good deal on it through a trade.

Look, unless you're a completionist, you shouldn't worry about any missing stuff. I only have everything because I got a really good deal on it through a trade.
If you accepted A:CM DLC then by definition you didn't get a "really good deal". Maybe if you gave him syphilis in exchange for it or something.

I love how getting removed from Steam suddenly makes people want a terrible game.

Someone should tell the Bad Rats devs how they can sell a bunch of extra copies.

It's not all bad news. The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts got added back on steam.
That isn't good news at all (and it's not really "news" either: it wasn't removed for very long.) It's the only one of those Activision games that I actually own... about 10 times.

If you accepted A:CM DLC then by definition you didn't get a "really good deal". Maybe if you gave him syphilis in exchange for it or something.
Or if it was added as "sweets".

Haven't read any CAG threads in the past something, something hours. Feel like I've missed out on some conversation, but don't really care enough to even skim through. Lack of a Steam sale has me depressed. Think I'm gonna get some Chinese food this weekend.

Thought you all needed to know.

Haven't read any CAG threads in the past something, something hours. Feel like I've missed out on some conversation, but don't really care enough to even skim through. Lack of a Steam sale has me depressed. Think I'm gonna get some Chinese food this weekend.

Thought you all needed to know.
I love Chinese Food.

Gonna order anything in particular?

Alien: Isolation still up for now.

Missing Aliens vs Predator & Aliens Colonial Marines single player DLC :( (Dont care MP DLC)

Alien: Isolation still up for now.

Missing Aliens vs Predator & Aliens Colonial Marines single player DLC :( (Dont care MP DLC)
I guess Alien Isolation will stay for sale for a couple of more years. Unlike the other two, this one doesn't suck and is actually selling. :p

It would've been hilarious if Steam had made ACM a daily deal and everybody bitched about it, only to see it get removed from Steam and everybody immediately does a 180 and laments not picking it up.

It would've been hilarious if Steam had made ACM a daily deal and everybody bitched about it, only to see it get removed from Steam and everybody immediately does a 180 and laments not picking it up.
I guess they don't like money. If they knew a license was about to expire or whatever happened, why didn't they put it on sale at $2 on Steam? They'd have made a killing.

I don't know why any (non-newbie) skipped ACM when it was $2 on Amazon.
Because everyone said it was shite ... you bastards! *shakes fist*

I'm only disappointed I never got a chance to redeem the single ACM Shift code. I wanted to be a
[customspoiler="Friend of Gearbox"]
597px-Gearboxfriendchestemblem.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I know it's not Steam related, but I have an unused GOG.com gift code for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings if someone wants it (expires 12/31).  The first person to ask for it here gets the code.

I know it's not Steam related, but I have an unused GOG.com gift code for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings if someone wants it (expires 12/31). The first person to ask for it here gets the code.
Don't need it myself, but that's a fantastic game. People should buy it! And if you're gonna invest in the Witcher series, having both on GOG means 20% off the third release.

Yeah, but seems unlikely to license franchises per game?

Unless Alien and Aliens is licensed separately.
Licenses are handled on a per-game basis. It's why Capcom had to pull Marvel vs Capcom 3 in late 2013, but kept Marvel vs Capcom available. Speaking of... they're gone already.

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/550107365094076416

Oh, and this is real and I love Platinum Games for it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=366105249

I know it's not Steam related, but I have an unused GOG.com gift code for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings if someone wants it (expires 12/31). The first person to ask for it here gets the code.
I'd like it (though I have yet to finish playing through the original if you'd rather give it to someone who has)

Loved Witcher 2. This will make someone happy. Disappointed that W3 got pushed back but I'm happy they're spending the time to make it right.

I'd like it (though I have yet to finish playing through the original if you'd rather give it to someone who has)
Nah, that's fine. I PM'ed you the code. Hope you enjoy the game.

Don't need it myself, but that's a fantastic game. People should buy it! And if you're gonna invest in the Witcher series, having both on GOG means 20% off the third release.
Yup, same thing on Steam. I'm glad they went the discount route for people who owned previous games.

Loved Witcher 2. This will make someone happy. Disappointed that W3 got pushed back but I'm happy they're spending the time to make it right.
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that they pushed it back twice now. But I trust CDProjekt RED so if they say they needed that extra time I understand.

What's bothering me more than anything at this point, though, is their complete lack of ANYTHING on Cyberpunk 2077. It's been two years since they revealed they were working on the game and still no real gameplay screens or videos yet. :(

Witcher 2 was fantastic and is a true bargain at $4.  I was also slightly disappointed with the push back of the release for Witcher 3.  However, CD Projekt Red has proven to be a developer that likes the gamers and it shows in their products and service.

I have one of these, too... just don't expect me to give it to you if you're a lurker. :p

FTFY.

Edit: And thank you to everyone for the music selections, I am slowly acquiring them and giving them a listen.
QFT! I'm enjoying some awesome music, thanks to you guys & gals.

I caved on Transistor. What little CAG cred I may have had is slipping away. Please don't banish me back to the unwashed console peasant threads! I only use my Xbox for HBO Go - I swear!
I grabbed Shadowrun: Dragonfall for 66% in a moment of weakness. ...I can't identify with the Xbox comment though, sorry pal.

Oh come on. Who in their right mind needs You Need A Budget with a Winter sale like this? I've literally saved money from this sale, it's depressing.

YNAB 4 is great software.  While I'm not a pillar of frugality yet, that software has at least put me on the right path for two years or so now.  It's a great tool and I recommend it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back