Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I got the joke that Ikeda was making that went woosh over everyone else's heads, probably because I bought it then. :bomb:

As I said the last several times you played the broken record, that isn't necessarily the case.

Instead of repeating DRMfreeist propaganda for a game you don't own on Steam why don't you buy it or just shut the hell up and let the people who actually own it there and have played the Steam version talk.

Because I do own it on Steam and after you and a couple of others were going on and on about hearsay how the GOG version will make you rich and beautiful while the Steam version gives you cancer, I went and installed the damned thing on Windows 8 and played it and it worked. I didn't have to do a damned thing to it. It just worked.

Even in cases where some older games have some problems with newer versions of Windows it's really not as Sky-Is-Falling as you make it sound. In pretty much every case after a couple of minutes of searching the Steam forum or Google I found a simple solution like use compatibility mode or make a minor edit to an ini text file or something like that which is hardly spinning on your head sideways or whatever NOT FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE you are spouting. But in the case of Jade Empire, I didn't even have to do that.

And there's some GOG games that have issues too but no one ever wants to talk about that because the DRM Free Illuminati always cover for their ass and for CD Projekt too.
I gave advice on how to fix Jade Empire: Steam-version. If people want to buy it on Steam + if they have any of the common issues with it - I gave the solution.

IMHO - that Steam-version should have that issue resolved, out-the-box. There's no need for BioWare + EA to not have this Steam-specific issue still lingering.

But, we know EA + BioWare - they seem too busy w/ supporting their games on Origin to give a damn about what goes on w/ Steam-versions of their older games. If a game's on a service + being sold there - all the versions should work, as long as the dev + pub's are still in business.

Fact: GOG version doesn't have that Steam-version specific issue out-the-gate. That issue is a Steam-specific issue w/ the game's launcher. It's important to know that - this is what you're getting into, if one wants to +1 their game-count w/ the Steam-version + add it to their Steam collection. Many gamers like yourself want all their eggs in the Steam-basket - which is fine; and at least the work-around solution's there. So, it's there - and has been pointed-out.

It's up to the user to decide what version to buy. The solution's there - in case he wants to buy that version. It's his call and $, not mine.

Now that there are tons of Nuclear Throne copies out there for cheap, go and buy it now! I like it better than Isaac, dont hate.
I can't find anyone that has a copy of it for trade. Bleh. Someone want to trade it for all the games in my inventory? :p

MysterD as I said YOU DON'T OWN THE GAME. I DO OWN THE GAME.

I am stating point blank I did not experience any of the problems you claim with the Steam version based on hearsay.

Meanwhile my statement is based on personal experience.

I can't help it that you have some Rainmain issues about DRM and repeating shit you heard over and over again, but based on my personal experience with owning the game what you said is bullshit.

When you buy the damned thing then you can talk about problems. Otherwise I think the account of someone who owns it bears more weight.

Jade Empire on Steam cured cancer and got me laid

the GOG version turned me european and gave me false positives on Norton
Jade Empire (GOG) inspired me to take cooking lessons, build an exclusive animal shelter for slippers that look like animals, and ushered in my mid-20's anarchy phase.

MysterD as I said YOU DON'T OWN THE GAME. I DO OWN THE GAME.

I am stating point blank I did not experience any of the problems you claim with the Steam version based on hearsay.

I can't help it that you have some Rainmain issues about DRM and repeating shit you heard over and over again, but based on my personal experience with owning the game what you said is bullshit.

When you buy the damned thing then you can talk about problems. Otherwise I think the account of someone who owns it bears more weight.
does not compute does not compute

if only, 75% off, AAA games for 5 dollars derp derp derp

DRM-FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A new year and a new giveaway contest. Funny entries will get a bundle fodder game and the grand prize will get three of them.

Reply to this line and tell me: What game in your Steam library best describes your last fart.

Rules: must be a thread regular with lots of posts or have the same avatar as me, must be right handed, if color blind must be of the tritanomaly variety, must own Bad Rats, must not own Lost Planet.
Tail Drift

Also I am right-handed, have Bad Rats, and no Lost Planet.

Are you sure you didn't just add the gog version to your steam library? I just suggest that because I read an article in Highlights for Children that said the Steam version is terribly broken and required 42 laborous steps to resolve, whereas the gog version is the definition of perfection.

Are you sure you didn't just add the gog version to your steam library? I just suggest that because I read an article in Highlights for Children that said the Steam version is terribly broken and required 42 laborous steps to resolve, whereas the gog version is the definition of perfection.
I heard that the GOG version gives you aids.

It gave my Gonorrhea and Syphilis and made me sleep walk and buy the GOG version and secretly copy that over my Steam version so I just thought it worked but it really didn't.

Cry of Fear - free today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223710/

I like the first two reviews:

1.My friend and I play co op
2.Huh, doesn't seem scary
3.Encounter first enemy
4.Friend panics and misses all shots
5.I panic and somehow kill first enemy
6.Flying beds
7.**** this ****, I'm out of here!

20/10

===============================================

Have you ever wanted to have your pants filled up with your own poo? Now you can, for free!
Cry of fear is a Psychological First Person Shooter Survival Horror and is one of the SCARIEST games I have ever played! It isn't one of your average cheesey horror games. Cry of fear is a game where you never know what to expect around the corner. It could be a chainsaw maniac that wants to chop off your head or a mental deranged child wanting to kill you. Even though sometimes the enemies get repeated in some sections there are always fresh jumpscares that make up for it.

No, I don't own Jade Empre on Steam. Yes, you own it there - and certainly, your experience surely does have more weight than mine b/c you personally have experience with it. Nobody here is going to deny the very obvious!

But...We can't deny - people who have it on Steam have had issues, posted issues, and found workarounds. Not everybody has these issues, sure - just like any other PC game out the market where people are running different hardware, software, and other things that can cause issues. It happens. But, it's wise for people to be aware of issues w/ whatever they're interested in.

If these issues are nonsense - why have these issues been made public on forums + websites? Why would people post issues like this that ain't real? Issues are posted + people have worked around it. People will continue to - and they should, as they've likely spent money on that version. The solutions + workarounds are there - and it's worth pointing out, that they exist.

If I had 100% issues w/ Steam at all times - then I should have very few games on Steam, not 791 games with 357 DLC's. My Steam collection alone is certainly much bigger than any other PC collection that I have elsewhere (Origin, GOG, Retail, etc etc).

I often do prefer DRM-Free - yes, I know Steam has its pro's and con's - and so does DRM-FREE and other versions, for that matter. And I have no problem in many instances of tolerating Steam. Most of the problem lies w/ dev's + pub's, as Steam's the middle-man here and they ain't 100% fixing issues that are specific w/ that version.

Personally, I actually prefer owning both DRM-FREE + Steam-versions, like some purchases on Humble Bundle have to offer - but, that ain't just gotten happen w/ every purchase, when I'm mostly buying games the CAG Way (as cheap as I can get them from wherever suits my tastes).

And certainly, if EA throws Jade Empire Steam-version in one of their Humble Bundles in a lower-tier (since I already do own it from Retail + GOG) - I'll be all over it.

No, I don't own Jade Empre on Steam. Yes, you own it there - and certainly, your experience surely does have more weight than mine b/c you personally have experience with it. Nobody here is going to deny the very obvious!

But...We can't deny - people who have it on Steam have had issues, posted issues, and found workarounds.

blablabla diarrhea of the mouth blablabla
You're not their spokesperson. If they want to come here and comment on their experience they can. And if someone wants to go there they can. You're not an authority and all you are doing is repeating hearsay.

Also some of the people in those Steam forums probably have trouble putting their pants on in the morning. Because they say something and it lines up with your agenda doesn't make it so.

I've had this game for like 3 years without installing it.. I'm installing it now just cause I wanna see :)

3.1240519020.stoking-the-fire.jpg

Also some of the people in those Steam forums probably have trouble putting their pants on in the morning. Because they say something and it lines up with your agenda doesn't make it so.
You'd be hard pressed to find a Steam game discussion forum that doesn't have a few "DOESN'T WORK!!" or "DON'T BUY - RIPOFF!" threads in it.

Okay it's giving Ikeda issues so I guess it's eeny meeny miney moe. *shrug*

*Edit: He go it to work with compatibility mode, so easier than some of the stuff the people on the forums were saying to do.

There's other people on the Steam forum saying it ran fine for them too and some saying it didn't. And they all were in Windows 8.

Everyone's got their own trick for fixing it it seems.

Weird ass game because most others other don't work on Win 7/8 without messing with at all for everyone or they just run. This one does both. I guess it's just finicky. *shrug*

So basically, buy it on GOG if you are MysterD. Otherwise buy it on Steam if you want it but be prepared that it may or may not work off the bat without fiddling.

Ok.. so I tried all the replies in the forum for the can't launch crap.  Windows 8 64 bit.

I tried the PC Gamer fix.

You know what worked?  Making the exe, launcher, config all Vista compatibility.  It worked.  It launched the config which then saved and now no longer even looks for the config file even when I revert compatibility modes.

5-10 minutes to fix that.  And that's only because I listened to people instead of doing the normal compatibility shuffle.

10903990_10205740351853208_1891891836009615341_o.jpg

Okay it's giving Ikeda issues so I guess it's eeny meeny miney moe. *shrug*

There's other people on the Steam forum saying it ran fine for them too and some saying it didn't. And they all were in Windows 8.

Everyone's got their own trick for fixing it it seems.

Weird ass game because most others other don't work on Win 7/8 without messing with at all for everyone or they just run. This one does both. I guess it's just finicky. *shrug*

So basically, buy it on GOG if you are MysterD. Otherwise buy it on Steam if you want it but be prepared that it may or may not work off the bat without fiddling.
This just solidifies my point that EA + BioWare should fix this issue for their paying customers that bought the product on Steam. It's as simple as that.

This shouldn't be a case of rolling the dice + throwing caution to the wind to find out which work-around works for your rig, for those dropping money on the Steam-version.

Buyers deserve a working product - whether they buy it on PC for Steam, Retail-box, GOG, or whatever. Period.

Support your product that you're still selling, EA + BioWare.

Ok.. so I tried all the replies in the forum for the can't launch crap. Windows 8 64 bit.

I tried the PC Gamer fix.

You know what worked? Making the exe, launcher, config all Vista compatibility. It worked. It launched the config which then saved and now no longer even looks for the config file even when I revert compatibility modes.

5-10 minutes to fix that. And that's only because I listened to people instead of doing the normal compatibility shuffle.

10903990_10205740351853208_1891891836009615341_o.jpg
Glad to hear you got the issues resolved.

Enjoy the game - I think it's severely underrated.

And I'm still over here waiting for EA + BioWare to agree on doing a Jade Empire 2.

No one cares what I got, but you guys seem so disappointed that I figure you can live vicariously through me. Remember what it was like before you bought every game in existence for $5?

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Shadowrun Dragonfall

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Super Time Force Ultra

Shantae Risky's Revenge

South Park and Shadowrun were planned purchases. I already knew how much they would cost thanks to the last sale, and had exactly that much in the form of a gift card.

Black Flag I didn't plan on. When it was $20 in November's sales I decided to pass, not expecting it to drop so low this sale. As a result though, I ended up not getting Wolfenstein, which I had been talking myself into buying.

Super Time Force Ultra was an impulse purchase. Shantae was because I had some money left over, and wanted a version with decent controls (got it for free on ios).

See, how do you like that? Aren't I so interesting? You're not going to miss me when I'm gone!

Don't know about the other seasonals. Maybe they got new consoles this year. :D

What's the opposite of progess again?
No wonder none of you guys actually play any of your games. :razz:

I'm mad that I have a game thats 3 nearly 4 years old in my backlog and now it has 12 minutes logged.  Yet, I can bring myself to play it again (I did on consoles back when I respected Bioware).

Only thing I recall buying this sale was both Witchers for 4 bucks so I could get an extra 10% off of Witcher 3 :)

Debating 74 cents for the first Empress of the Deep.. I bought 2 for the gem badge... and I see there's a 3 now... time to see if 74 cents is a real deal.

Edit:  Bah.. it's been .50....

All this back and forth bickering is really throwing off my concentration and I need every bit of it to masturbate study read a book internet research cure cancer masturbate.

Just kiss and make up.

No one cares what I got, but you guys seem so disappointed that I figure you can live vicariously through me. Remember what it was like before you bought every game in existence for $5?

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Shadowrun Dragonfall

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Super Time Force Ultra

Shantae Risky's Revenge

South Park and Shadowrun were planned purchases. I already knew how much they would cost thanks to the last sale, and had exactly that much in the form of a gift card.

Black Flag I didn't plan on. When it was $20 in November's sales I decided to pass, not expecting it to drop so low this sale. As a result though, I ended up not getting Wolfenstein, which I had been talking myself into buying.

Super Time Force Ultra was an impulse purchase. Shantae was because I had some money left over, and wanted a version with decent controls (got it for free on ios).

See, how do you like that? Aren't I so interesting? You're not going to miss me when I'm gone!

Don't know about the other seasonals. Maybe they got new consoles this year. :D

No wonder none of you guys actually play any of your games. :razz:
You shouldn't have passed on Wolfenstein it is a great fps for single player only. Really surprised me. #SeasonalCAG

What happened to the guy trading holiday cards? I am only missing one card and I'd like to earn my first badge. Just got into PC gaming recently so please don't judge.

Looking for Sparkles.

What happened to the guy trading holiday cards? I am only missing one card and I'd like to earn my first badge. Just got into PC gaming recently so please don't judge.

Looking for Sparkles.
That was Foxhack. He closed up shop.

I've got 1 card left, but it's Tender(9). If you're interested, I'll gift it to you, just PM me your Steam profile. If you sell it and another card, you can buy Sparkles on the market.

I've been selling them... sorry... I crafted 2 badges and dumped the spares to feed the addiction.
For some reason since I'm new it wouldn't let me trade until today. It says I can't purchase cards until 1-11-15 and I'm $3 away from my next card drop, maybe I should gamble and buy another game. Also I earned 12 cards from voting but my Steam Level isn't high enough to get them yet. Hmm vicious circle!

Thanks you sir! Do you lose unused holiday cards after the sale is over? Or am I safe just holding onto them? Or should I turn them into gems? I'm unable to sell for 10 more days.
They'll be deleted from your inventory immediately after the sale ends, if not a bit earlier.

And that was me. I sold everything yesterday before the buy prices crashed... I'm amazed that the for sale prices are actually holding steady at 0.09 cents per card, but people are already trying to buy them at 7 cents each.

My apologies.

... and really, who's going to judge you for being new? We were all new, once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back