Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have: Monday Night Combat (Steam) and Dirt 3 (Steam)

Want: Modern Warfare 2 ($15 on Steam)

Will trade both for Modern Warfare 2. If you want to throw in one DLC, thats cool too!

or

Have: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Steam), Monday Night Combat (Steam), and Dirt 3 (Steam)

Want: Modern Warfare 3 (Pre-Order) w/ free Call of Duty 4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mikespit1']Is there a CAG tf2 items trading thread?[/QUOTE]

What do you have?

I have a Terraria copy to trade for TF2 items or sell. Hit me up with offers.

$1 Cogs (1 copy left)
$1 Half-Life 2 Deathmatch (1 copy left)
$3.50 HOARD (2 copies left)
$7.50 CS:Source + Garrys Mod (1 copy left)

PM me if you're interested

Question for you Steam vets. I am new to Steam, and I am new to these discounts and "group buys" on big name games before release.

Do you think Battlefield 3 will have a good deal like that? So instead of $50 it can drop to potentially $34 like Deus Ex for example? I know that of course its too early to tell, but I am just wondering based off of experience for you guys.

EA and Steam are fighting, Battlefield 3 will not be sold thru Steam. In fact the PC version of Battlefield 3, no matter where it is bought through, will be requiring EA's new Origin service, which is a glorified piece of spyware. Which I am actually upset about since I waited forever for B3 to come out.

[quote name='Lazer77']Question for you Steam vets. I am new to Steam, and I am new to these discounts and "group buys" on big name games before release.

Do you think Battlefield 3 will have a good deal like that? So instead of $50 it can drop to potentially $34 like Deus Ex for example? I know that of course its too early to tell, but I am just wondering based off of experience for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 3 will require the installation/use of Origin. Considering that, it is very unlikely that BF3 will even be on Steam at all.

Also, most games on Steam are not available in 4 Packs. From my experience, most of these are for co-op heavy games.

Trading Minecraft gift code (worth $20) for COD4 ($10) on Steam. Gift code will give you beta status.

Edit: Copy traded. Thanks to kemical!

Red Orchestra 2 for 20% OFF instead of 10%
Normal Edition for 32USD
Digital Deluxe for 40USD

(20% is given to those who owned RO1)
PM me if you would like me to gift you for PayPal :D

Dead Island if you are looking for a share PM me
34USD :D

and once again, contact me if you need help with regional pricing :D

Does anyone know if it's possible to gift games from the THQ store? They're having a big sale but it seems to be US only. I was looking for Red Faction: Guerrilla for $5.

Oh and also, just incase you missed the Far Cry sale, I'm offering Far Cry Complete for $7.

Thanks.

$3.50 HOARD (2 copies left)
$7.50 Borderlands GOTY (3 copy left)
$7.50 CS:Source + Garrys Mod (1 copy left)

PM me if you're interested

HAVE:
MAFIA 2 (steam code)
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (non-steam, thought i put this here since thread gets more attention)
Also have some stuff left over from humble bundles 2-3 i'm willing to throw in since we cant sell them

Want:
GTA IV
Paypal

Have:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Steam Key) - $30
Total War: Shogun 2 (Steam Key) - $15
Dirt 3 (Steam Key) - $10

or $50 if you purchase all three!

Want:
Paypal (Gift)

Feel free to PM with reasonable offers.

Have:

Dirt 3

Want:

Steam- Spore
Steam- The Witcher 2
Steam- Portal 2
Steam- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Amazon GC
Microsoft Points

Message me if interested.

[quote name='bwrobins']Have:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Steam Key) - $30
Total War: Shogun 2 (Steam Key) - $15
Dirt 3 (Steam Key) - $10

or $50 if you purchase all three!

Want:
Paypal (Gift)

Feel free to PM with reasonable offers.[/QUOTE]
Tried to PM you about Dirt 3, but it says your PM box is full.

[quote name='campbelld']Tried to PM you about Dirt 3, but it says your PM box is full.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know about my PM Inbox. I have emptied them all.... Let me know if your still interested.

[quote name='Khamous']Have: Dirt 3 (not one of the 2500 leaked ones, btw)

LF: Offers :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wilflare']Have: DiRT 3 (not one of those leaked ones)

Want: Rock of Ages[/QUOTE]

How do you know that? 1.7 million have been leaked :whistle2:/
Afaik legal codes already obtained from AMD were included...

[quote name='Pogoflow']How do you know that? 1.7 million have been leaked :whistle2:/
Afaik legal codes already obtained from AMD were included...[/QUOTE]

got it from the AMD giveaway. but oh well :/

[quote name='Pogoflow']How do you know that? 1.7 million have been leaked :whistle2:/

got it from the AMD site directly
but oh well, shan't trade them then.

[quote name='Nukkus']According to the updates, it's now 3 million codes stolen, AMD/Codemasters/Steam are working together to disable them all.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a storm is about to hit :/

code given away! :D
no trades :D

The main difference is having proof of having obtained them in a legal way, ergo, not getting Steam acc disabled further down the road, simple.

[quote name='Khamous']The main difference is having proof of having obtained them in a legal way, ergo, not getting Steam acc disabled further down the road, simple.[/QUOTE]
so what about the people "LIKE ME" who got the key on this very same thread? now im freaking out man o_O....for realz!

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']so what about the people "LIKE ME" who got the key on this very same thread? now im freaking out man o_O....for realz![/QUOTE]

Same here. Don't be scared. Worst case scenario, just feed Steam some BS scheme of how your little brother was messing around on your computer, searching to get the game for free and entered the code on your (shared?) Steam account. Most likely something like that will work, and you'll get the game removed from your account, all of your previous games intact. :) No biggie.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Same here. Don't be scared. Worst case scenario, just feed Steam some BS scheme of how your little brother was messing around on your computer, searching to get the game for free and entered the code on your (shared?) Steam account. Most likely something like that will work, and you'll get the game removed from your account, all of your previous games intact. :) No biggie.[/QUOTE]
shared? care to explain?

[quote name='wilflare']get the seller to forward you the email (with the code directly) from AMD[/QUOTE]

That'll do. I'm going to have to get that ready now, thanks for the suggestion. Anyway, by "shared?" I meant that you could say that you and your little brother share the account, not sure if that would void anything according to Steam rules, but it seems like a plausible explanation. But I only meant that as a worst-case-scenario. I suggest what wilflare said to do above. Much better than my BS.

It's worked for me before when a CD key was invalid with CAPCOM. Got a retail copy of that game shipped out to me for a mere $5 processing fee. Golden.

[quote name='atreyuevr']That'll do. I'm going to have to get that ready now, thanks for the suggestion. Anyway, by "shared?" I meant that you could say that you and your little brother share the account, not sure if that would void anything according to Steam rules, but it seems like a plausible explanation. But I only meant that as a worst-case-scenario. I suggest what wilflare said to do above. Much better than my BS.

It's worked for me before when a CD key was invalid with CAPCOM. Got a retail copy of that game shipped out to me for a mere $5 processing fee. Golden.[/QUOTE]

thankfully i kept all the emails >< would be a disaster. but i really doubt Steam will just go mass removal of the games from people's accounts. It'll be a massive PR crapstorm. Many have gotten DiRT 3 from that AMD site (either legit: from the AMD Contest or some way or another), they should have a time stamp on the file access or something. Valve, I trust you are smart.

[quote name='wilflare']thankfully i kept all the emails >< would be a disaster. but i really doubt Steam will just go mass removal of the games from people's accounts. It'll be a massive PR crapstorm. Many have gotten DiRT 3 from that AMD site (either legit: from the AMD Contest or some way or another), they should have a time stamp on the file access or something. Valve, I trust you are smart.[/QUOTE]

I kept my email of my redemption of the code that was given to enter in on the AMD promo site to get my Steam key, so I suspect that would be legit, although I bought it here.

Anyone know when this leak started? Pretty sure it was just this weekend according to all of the reports about it online: "over this past weekend". If so, anyone who got their code before the start day of that leak should be fine.

https://twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support/status/111206115672465408

[quote name='Some Random Dude on Twitter']Is it true people are getting their accounts disabled over the Dirt 3 issue? Most people got the key from friends & w unaware.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Steam']No. Not everything you hear on the internet is true.[/QUOTE]

EDIT:
[quote name='Steam']We currently do not have any updates regarding the Dirt 3 issue. Will update when we have more information.[/QUOTE]

Have:

Deus Ex: HR
Dirt 3
(Both are legit from purchasing Radeon video cards)

Want:

Paypal
Good games?
BFBC2 & BFBC2:V

PM me!

have: 12keys+5refs from tf2 items. i value keys at about 2$ and refs at 1$.

want: some offers on games, tbh most likely wont pay full price for games as i games are always on sale and i can get full prices on steam myself, or from steam forums. simply looking for any offers for extra or cheap games you may have.

felt it was better to just ask as many here may not be tf2 traders like me :D please feel free to send me pm. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back