Steam - Left 4 Dead 1/2/Bundle - 66% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sherisdoppel']I don't see any of that being advantages over the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Mouse + WASD >>>> 360 pad

I own both, so I can say that. Seriously, it's no contest.
The PC has another big advantage in addition to free updates and mods, though - community created maps. There are a lot of crappy ones, true, but there a at least a couple dozen really, really good ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='forteblast']Mouse + WASD >>>> 360 pad

I own both, so I can say that. Seriously, it's no contest.
The PC has another big advantage in addition to free updates and mods, though - community created maps. There are a lot of crappy ones, true, but there a at least a couple dozen really, really good ones.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those person who prefer controllers over mice on shooting games only because of the feel of trigger buttons and vibration feedback.
This doesn't mean I would play on a controller for such games like Team Fortress 2.

Gonna have to bite on L4D2. I own L4D on 360 and loved it. But Steam must be getting hammered -I can't even get my Steam account to connect to the servers to login!

Anyone doing a 4-pack on L4D2? Count me in, if nobody is doing one, I'll field a group.

Gah, it's really tempting to double dip. Most of my friends are on the 360, so I own both L4D & L4D2 on the 360, but $10 is hard to pass for the PC. I'm just not sure I'd ever actually play it on the PC....

Steam is really intent on making me break my vows to stop spending so much money on games. I had to get L4D2 for this price. I managed to hold off at the summer sale and glad I did. But still, my will is too weak to hold off now. XD

[quote name='forteblast']Mouse + WASD >>>> 360 pad[/QUOTE]

Not for me. Not only do I prefer using a gamepad over keyboard & mouse in games that support controllers, I even use Xpadder for games that don't support controllers because I hate using the keyboard & mouse just that much. :bomb:

just bought the bundle.. now i got it for xbox and pc. xbox to play with friends.. pc for fun with better graphics with random people.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Just L4D2, but it wont connect to the server to download. Anyone else with this problem?[/QUOTE]

Their servers are getting absolutely hammered. I jumped on this deal right when it was posted, and my connection was getting maxed out. Since more and more people have seen the deal, speeds have plummeted to under 100 kbps. Sometimes it even gets "suspended."

[quote name='henrylin22']im actually getting 1.7mbps, depends on server, try uk manchester[/QUOTE]

I dont know how to do that, I'm a n00b on steam. All I've been seeing for the past hour is download is starting.....

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Me and a buddy are getting this tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a one day only thing?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't risk it if possible

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Hmmm, not much of a PC gamer, but am very interested. What are the chances these games run on my 3-4 year old laptop?[/QUOTE]

Unless you've got a serious graphic chipset in your laptop, I would think you're going to run into some performance problems. L4D1 ran well on my 4 year old desktop, but it had an old Geforce 8800. You may want to get in on this deal regardless so you can play these games down the road. They can't get a whole lot cheaper than they are now.

I can't pass on this deal, even though I have no interest in even playing a FPS anytime soon. 10 bucks for two quality games is just too damn enticing.

Saw this on SD and bought L4D 2. Total came to 4.28 because I had some money left over in my steam wallet from buying the new sydney sniper in TF2 lol.

Great price, I didn't pick up Pt 2 since I never really played Pt1 that much. But at this price I can't pass it up.

Went to http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/ and it said I my computer failed, but I am a little confused on the results. It said everything passed except my video card but in the sub category of my video card everything has a green check mark by it. It says required video ram is 128 MB and it says I have 358 MB and there are a few other categories that mine also checks out in.
Here it is:

Video Card Minimum: 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required / You Have
green_checkmark_small.gif
Video RAM 128 MB / 358.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes / Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 / 4.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 / 4.0

Anyone wanna help me out and let me know if the game will actually work or not? Sorry for the questions, again not much of a PC gamer but would like to get on this deal. Thanks guys.

[quote name='WhytePanther']Bought. Install may not be for a while, but that's ok by me.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I can't even get it to download right now. I'll try it again in the morning.

I have both on the 360 and played the hell out of the original. Thinking about only getting 2 for the PC because it's got the improved gameplay, the more active online community, the free DLC packs, and when The Sacrifice comes out, you'll get the Airport level of the first game for free anyway. I can't think of a reason to buy a second copy of L4D1. Is there one?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Went to http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/ and it said I my computer failed, but I am a little confused on the results. It said everything passed except my video card but in the sub category of my video card everything has a green check mark by it. It says required video ram is 128 MB and it says I have 358 MB and there are a few other categories that mine also checks out in.
Here it is:

Video Card Minimum: 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required / You Have
Video RAM 128 MB / 358.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes / Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 / 4.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 / 4.0

Anyone wanna help me out and let me know if the game will actually work or not? Sorry for the questions, again not much of a PC gamer but would like to get on this deal. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

That site doesn't work well with integrated graphics chips as it can't tell the difference between dedicated memory and shared memory. I don't think you're running L4D with only that much shared memory.

I don't see a demo on Steam, so if you want to give it a try perhaps you should borrow a friend's account.

ARG! Steam and your fantastic deals! I already had both for the 360 but at that price i had to buy it on the off chance that ill play it on the pc with friends.

Does this have splitscreen like the 360 version does? I hope that's not a stupid question but I don't play PC games too often but this is a hell of a deal.

I already own both games on 360, plus all the DLC. So my question is: how are the user mods for the games? That would be my main interest. I remember reading about a Dawn of the Dead mall level. Did that ever get finished?

Wow what a great deal, this is why I love steam. Picked up the bundle, I haven't played both of these games really looking forward to try them out

[quote name='pholly']Does this have splitscreen like the 360 version does? I hope that's not a stupid question but I don't play PC games too often but this is a hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

No split screen and yes it's a hell of a deal practically sells itself. :)

Repeating what a few others have asked here:
Is there a reason to buy L4D over/in addition to L4D2? L4D easier on older computers?
I'm looking to play it with a few friends, but none of us have played either yet.

bread's done
Back