Steam - Left 4 Dead 1/2/Bundle - 66% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Went to http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/ and it said I my computer failed, but I am a little confused on the results. It said everything passed except my video card but in the sub category of my video card everything has a green check mark by it. It says required video ram is 128 MB and it says I have 358 MB and there are a few other categories that mine also checks out in.

Anyone wanna help me out and let me know if the game will actually work or not? Sorry for the questions, again not much of a PC gamer but would like to get on this deal. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

You could download and run the Left 4 Dead 2 demo if they don't have a demo of the first. Odds are if you can run the sequel you can run the original...

[quote name='rapsodist']I already own both games on 360, plus all the DLC. So my question is: how are the user mods for the games? That would be my main interest. I remember reading about a Dawn of the Dead mall level. Did that ever get finished?[/QUOTE]
Yup, it did get finished for L4D1...http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?op...&id=96:dead-before-dawn-is-here&catid=43:news

Speaking of mods, that's the real reason to get both and not just L4D1, or even get both if you have both already on the 360.

[quote name='Decker']I have both on the 360 and played the hell out of the original. Thinking about only getting 2 for the PC because it's got the improved gameplay, the more active online community, the free DLC packs, and when The Sacrifice comes out, you'll get the Airport level of the first game for free anyway. I can't think of a reason to buy a second copy of L4D1. Is there one?[/QUOTE]
Actually you get No Mercy (hospital level) with the L4D2 DLC, not Dead Air (airport level)...

[quote name='Full Metal XL']You could download and run the Left 4 Dead 2 demo if they don't have a demo of the first. Odds are if you can run the sequel you can run the original...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I looked for the demo and I didn't see one so I am assuming there isn't one. Thanks though. I am just going to assume it wont run smoothly so I'll just save my money until I get a legit gaming PC. Thanks guys!

I would like to get in on a 4 pack deal... someone that is looking for a person add me to the pot

EDIT: nevermind i though it was $5 for both l4d/l4d2 4 pack

Heard about this at my buddys when I went to smoke, In for one copy of l4d2. I love sales

[quote name='forbiddenx']Looking to get just L4D1 please let me know if you have an extra one[/QUOTE]

you can buy them separately

Thanks, picked up both. Played bits and pieces of both games on xbox, I have a mac...guess I'll start with 2 and move to 1!

Hosting a 4-pack for Left 4 Dead 2. Looking for 2 more. PM me if interested.

EDIT: Tentatively filled, waiting for payments.

Ok, so I accidentally purchased L4D1 instead of L4D2. Thing is I coulda sworn it was the second one, but here I am with the first version. Just wondering if the guys at Steam would swap it out for the other one seeing as though they are the same price? I already wrote to them through their "Ask a question" option, but yeah I know pretty retarded. Anyone got any clue if they could?

Also, does anyone know how long this deal is supposed to last? I kind of want to wait for their reply, but I don't want to miss out on the sequel if they won't swap them.

This is one of those rare games that actually sounds fun to me multiplayer, but it's a pain trying to coordinate schedules, so realistically I'd probably not get to do this much. Does this work at all as a single player game? Is it fun as that?

Hey guys my download finally finished over night so I'll be looking to play this in the evening today. Anyone want to team up?

Add me: SoCalTiger

[quote name='Wolfpup']This is one of those rare games that actually sounds fun to me multiplayer, but it's a pain trying to coordinate schedules, so realistically I'd probably not get to do this much. Does this work at all as a single player game? Is it fun as that?[/QUOTE]

It's still a very intense single player experience but, truly shines in multiplayer.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Hey guys my download finally finished over night so I'll be looking to play this in the evening today. Anyone want to team up?

Add me: SoCalTiger[/QUOTE]

I have class this evening but, free tomorrow and Friday.

Received your request and added you to my friend's list last night also.

darn you, steam midweek sale! Stripping me from money when I said I shouldn't buy anymore games until my backlog goes down!

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Hey guys my download finally finished over night so I'll be looking to play this in the evening today. Anyone want to team up?

Add me: SoCalTiger[/QUOTE]

haha you added me. Sure we can play along with Evildeadjedi

Gladly in for this, got the bundle for myself. Been waiting for a price drop on L4D2. If anyone wants to coop, derekg52 on steam.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have class this evening but, free tomorrow and Friday.

Received your request and added you to my friend's list last night also.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='killerthrust']haha you added me. Sure we can play along with Evildeadjedi[/QUOTE]

haha awesome guys. Yeah, I'll probably try to play some this evening as well as more towards this wknd (Friday, etc).

Will this bundle let me play LFD2 on my mac as well? And does anyone know how long the sale will go on for?
This will be the first Steam purchase I've ever made.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Will this bundle let me play LFD2 on my mac as well? And does anyone know how long the sale will go on for?
This will be the first Steam purchase I've ever made.[/QUOTE]

It's both Windows and OS X. Inside the Steam client it shows the icon for one + the icon for the other so you can tell from inside it.

I'd guess it'll be today and tomorrow since it said mid week.

Be aware that with Steam you don't own anything you're paying for-it's similar to iTunes or Xbox/Playstation DRM. It's probably the least annoying activation though, since at least it's usually unlimited for as long as you've got an internet connection and the service is around.

Probably not a big issue though for a primarily multiplayer focused game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's both Windows and OS X. Inside the Steam client it shows the icon for one + the icon for the other so you can tell from inside it.

I'd guess it'll be today and tomorrow since it said mid week.

Be aware that with Steam you don't own anything you're paying for-it's similar to iTunes or Xbox/Playstation DRM. It's probably the least annoying activation though, since at least it's usually unlimited for as long as you've got an internet connection and the service is around.

Probably not a big issue though for a primarily multiplayer focused game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I just bought it at work as a "gift" to myself. Can't wait to get home to try it out.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']haha awesome guys. Yeah, I'll probably try to play some this evening as well as more towards this wknd (Friday, etc).[/QUOTE]

Shot you an invite as well. Thanks for posting this OP

I just installed Portal on my laptop after getting it for free from a past promotion to see how it ran, and it was very smooth on low settings, so I'm curious if I could run L4D2 on low settings. I owned L4D2 on the 360, but sold it after awhile when me and my friends stop playing it. I would definitely like to play all of the DLC, so I think I'm going to grab it, even though I might not be able to run it at all. systemrequirementslab.com has the can you run it? test, and my cheap little laptop easily passed on the Portal test, but failed on the Left4Dead games, so I'm not expecting it to be too smooth, but maybe playable.

I would imagine that portal isn't near as intensive. L4D 1 + 2 have more expansive worlds/levels and a ton of on-screen characters. They also have a lot more AI going on in the background.

Man, someone talk me out of buying these! I already have 1 & 2 on the 360 and have no friends that do any sort of PC gaming. My backlog is ginormous and I suck with mouse/keyboard controls. Are the graphics much better than on the PC? Something just so enticing about double-dipping on these. Damn my weak will!

Had this on 360 and had some fun with it, but I got rid of it a little while ago. My mac isn't that great for gaming (2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo and an NVIDIA geforce 9400m, but I can still play this on some decent settings.

Considering how I no longer have a gold account, this will keep me going with my rare multiplayer fix. My steam name is jacobeid if anybody wants to add me!

So pumped! Been waiting a long time for these to drop in price. But man... it's taking forever to download! Will be well worth it, though.

Add me on AlextheGreat77 if you want to play sometime this weekend.

[quote name='Dranakin']Do you have to do anything special to get the free DLC?[/QUOTE]

Just buy and download.

bread's done
Back