STEAM Rockstar Collection $42.50

gamer1233

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
header.jpg

Steam is having a rockstar games sale, right now they have the Rockstar Collection on sale all week for $42.50

If you missed the Bully deal, newegg has a better price. Thanks goes to EliotAndrews for the alert.

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
$5.99 (FREE SHIPPING)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832262074

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to pick up the Classics pack. I can't wait to revisit SA since I didn't finish it the first time I played it. Oh, and I also like using the M&K for these games, but that's just what I'm used to.

I wanted it so badly, but I already owned say half of the games on various consoles, and GTAIV and GTAIV: Episodes both have that crummy SecuROM which is a no-go in my book!

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Ugh, I am going to miss the San Andreas by going to work tonight. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Just get the classics pack now. At most you'll save $2.50 if you wait for San Andreas to go on sale by itself. And it's also possible they'll pull another dick move and actually price San Andreas at $10, which would make it more expensive than the classics pack.

Ha that would be something, the only game I need from it is Episodes form liberty city, but I think I can wait a while for something better.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Yeah that gta complete pack is probably going to be $12.50 soon.[/QUOTE]That is a possibility since the episodes are not in that pack.

Pretty peeved that they would put VC on sale, then not even a day and a half later put all the "classic" GTA's for only $5 more, after I purchased VC for $2.50 of course.

Bought the GTA Classics pack, already have GTA IV and GTA:EFLC on :360: and I don't like the drm. So, no point in waiting for the GTA Complete pack to go on sale.

I bought the GTA Classics Pack and that's all I really needed. But I wouldn't mind getting Manhunt (even though I already have it for PS2...it just looks better, and I'm sure control better on PC) if they put it on sale again.

Any good resources for widescreen fixes or mods for the GTA collection?
(I know there's a widesceen option in the game but it limits the FOV and can mess up aiming.)

Alright, after seeing the price cut on Episodes form Liberty City I'm not upset I got the complete pack. The complete pack would've been an even better deal for me if I didn't already have GTA IV and both Max Payne's but totally cool with it. I've actually been enjoying some Bully.

I love Bully, but I ordered a copy from newegg instead. Can't wait to replay it with a nice butter smooth framerate and at a high res.

Just make sure you patch it all the way since it wont be updated through Steam. The patches before the current one didn't fix the 64-bit OS or 2GB+ problems.

HEATHEN!! 64-bit & 4GB or bust! I actually can't say much though. I plan on attempting to load as many of these Grand Theft Autos (minus GTA IV and EFLC) and Bully on my netbook when it comes in. It'll have 32-bit Win7 and 3GB. I don't have high hopes for Bully but I can dream.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Just my luck, I'm running 32 bit win7 with 2GB of ram :D

I'll patch it all the way though.[/QUOTE]

I bought it off the Newegg $3 sale too. I also run Win7 32-bit as well (upgrading to 64-bit soon). There is only one patch you need, 1.2, being around 15MB. It runs flawless on my system and looks great! Then again I have a Core2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, and an ATI 5770 1GB HD.

Outstanding game! :)

Tempting, so I should either get the complete pack or classics pack (since I already have Max Payne 1&2). Have Bully, GTA4, and GTA:LC on XBox... I guess the main selling point is mods for those.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I bought it off the Newegg $3 sale too. I also run Win7 32-bit as well (upgrading to 64-bit soon). There is only one patch you need, 1.2, being around 15MB. It runs flawless on my system and looks great! Then again I have a Core2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, and an ATI 5770 1GB HD.

Outstanding game! :)[/QUOTE]

Nice card, but I can't see upgrading yet. My HD4830 is fine for everything I've thrown at it. It OCs nicely too.

Funny story on how I ended up with 2GB of ram too. I had to piecemeal a system with a new PSU, mobo, cpu and ram. I ofcourse reused my case and optical. Well I got a microATX board because it was cheap. It's a good solid gigabyte board, but with only 2 ram slots. Well I had to cut corners getting 2GB of ram. It works fine, but with the price of DDR2 going up, and DDR3 being the new standard I'm not going to pump more money into DDR2. I'll wait till I piecemeal something better.

Looks like I missed some of the best GTA deals while I was working. At least the sale reminded me to pick up Bully. (Though I went with the cheaper physical copy off NewEgg.)

Though you can back all these Steam games up, I'm far from averse to physical copies.

NOTE: Max Payne 2's being prepped for the next sale. It will be $2.50.

The only Rockstar game that hasn't been on sale individually so far is Midnight Club II. They supposedly still have 2 days worth of sales to run. I'm curious as to how exactly they'll fill that time. Repeats, I guess?

I'd guess that they'd run a few repeats, especially since people are no doubt upset about missing certain titles, like Manhunt or Bully. Assuming it happens, I'd like to see which ones get a second showing.

Don't know if I should buy MP2. I heard the widescreen support is pretty much crap. I mean you can select the resolution but I heard it stretches everything out.

I suppose if you messed around with the "Change resolution" section in the nVidia Control Panel aggressively enough, you might be able to force a 4:3 aspect ratio. From what I've read, though, there don't seem to be any other options.

Ah, I see. Let it be known, I have no ill-will for my ATi-utilizing brothers and sisters. (I myself owned a GameCube for almost a month.)

I digress - A "boxed" picture beats a stretched out one, in my opinion.

Also, I just browsed the other Rockstar games in the Collection, and I noticed that Midnight Club II doesn't even work under Windows 7. (The notice reads, "This game does not support Windows 7.") It's no wonder the game hasn't been on sale yet.

Bought it, should be fun.

Hell I had to play boxed out back when I had a 4650. Wasn't powerful enough for 1680x1050 and boxing it out at 1280x800 wasn't too bad.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Ah, I see. Let it be known, I have no ill-will for my ATi-utilizing brothers and sisters. (I myself owned a GameCube for almost a month.)

I digress - A "boxed" picture beats a stretched out one, in my opinion.

Also, I just browsed the other Rockstar games in the Collection, and I noticed that Midnight Club II doesn't even work under Windows 7. (The notice reads, "This game does not support Windows 7.") It's no wonder the game hasn't been on sale yet.[/QUOTE]
I believe that an unofficial patch is available to make it work.

[quote name='sotc1988']Any good resources for widescreen fixes or mods for the GTA collection?
(I know there's a widesceen option in the game but it limits the FOV and can mess up aiming.)[/QUOTE]

I've played GTAs III-SA in widescreen for years and never had any distortion or aiming problems. They actually do quite well natively.

Yes! San Andreas at an even cheaper price. This is really the only one of the series that I've wanted to revisit after playing through GTA IV. $4.99

I wasn't too fond of San Andreas, but, then again, the PS2 version had serious pop-in and stuttering. On the plus side, Rockstar stopped making genuinely difficult missions after GTA III.

I have interesting memories of ESPRESSO 2 GO, to say the least.

Awesome, glad my patience paid out by waiting for GTA: SA standalone. Aside from Vice City, this is a title I need to go back to and finish. Now I have nearly all the GTA titles (including Episodes I just got for my PS3) to finish up!

Not exactly sure if the Rockstar Steam Group is wrong or not but they are posting Vice City will be on sale for 75%. So possibly going to be on sale again?

[quote name='Skram']Not exactly sure if the Rockstar Steam Group is wrong or not but they are posting Vice City will be on sale for 75%. So possibly going to be on sale again?[/QUOTE]

Yes, sir. Until 4EST (or 1PST)

So Vice City and San Andreas separately cost as much as the Classics pack did last night?

Suppose I didn't waste any money, then, and I got Steam copies of the first two GTA games. I can live with that. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']So Vice City and San Andreas separately cost as much as the Classics pack did last night?

Suppose I didn't waste any money, then, and I got Steam copies of the first two GTA games. I can live with that. :)[/QUOTE]
And you also got a Steam copy of GTAIII for free. So that's cool.

bread's done
Back