Steam Sale: Grand Theft Auto Classic Series 75% off

Yessss, been waiting on this for so long. Always wanted to play through most of these again and I missed out on SA the first time around. In for the bundle. Thanks!

wow, that is crazy that the old top-down classics are more expensive than the 'newer' versions..

edit: I fail at reading, or that list view was misleading..I may get that pack for sure

[quote name='pROvIs']You can't buy GTA or GTA2 outside of the bundle they show $7.49 because you are linking to the specials page which always shows the lowest possible price to buy a game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Does anyone think these game will feature Steamplay?

Rockstar announced the GTA trilogy for Mac in September but without any details. I'd love to play Vice City again ;(

Does game purchased through steam work with mods? I remember people on YouTube make funny videos of Mario and simpsons....

[quote name='maxgle']Does game purchased through steam work with mods? I remember people on YouTube make funny videos of Mario and simpsons....[/QUOTE]

i believe they do. Ive use mods on titan quest and l4d games before

Anyone know if the 360 pad works with these? I am really tempted to pick this up....but screw playing with mouse and keyboard!

Nice! A friend and I were just talking about these games the other day. I don't really care about the first two, but I want 3/VC/SA. I haven't played them since I discovered how horrible the PS2 looked on a 50"+ HDTV.

A little late, but they matched the sale that the Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace had on San Andreas.

I wonder if the steam version is the same old San Andreas, or is the new, improved version that is available on the Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace, does anyone know?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone know if the 360 pad works with these? I am really tempted to pick this up....but screw playing with mouse and keyboard![/QUOTE]

Doing a quick search it appears that it is more trouble than it is worth to get the pad to work 100%.

I was actually coming here after reading it, to ask how the game controls with k&m because that is the final factor holding me back from clicking purchase.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Doing a quick search it appears that it is more trouble than it is worth to get the pad to work 100%.

I was actually coming here after reading it, to ask how the game controls with k&m because that is the final factor holding me back from clicking purchase.[/QUOTE]

Guess I wont be picking this up then. GTA with keyboard and mouse = ugggg

[quote name='MSI Magus']Guess I wont be picking this up then. GTA with keyboard and mouse = ugggg[/QUOTE]

use pinnacle game profiler. Its really easy to use

[quote name='BrolyB593']Doing a quick search it appears that it is more trouble than it is worth to get the pad to work 100%.

I was actually coming here after reading it, to ask how the game controls with k&m because that is the final factor holding me back from clicking purchase.[/QUOTE]

I've always preferred the mouse and keyboard for the GTA series (Having played both console and PC).
I've never had a problem with the driving, and the shooting is much easier.

Thanks for someone mentioning the Pinnacle profile for the PC. I was able to use that to play Assassins Creed I while I used another program to get Assassins Creed 2 to play. Overall, I will try as I definitely want to play the classics again. Definitely into Vice (Miami) City again. Nice soundtrack too.

[quote name='aosora13']Thanks for someone mentioning the Pinnacle profile for the PC. I was able to use that to play Assassins Creed I while I used another program to get Assassins Creed 2 to play. Overall, I will try as I definitely want to play the classics again. Definitely into Vice (Miami) City again. Nice soundtrack too.[/QUOTE]

your welcome :)

I can never help but re-buy my favorite games, and GTA: Vice City is definitely a favorite. Already have it on PS2 and Xbox, but the thought of playing on PC is intriguing enough to buy the bundle. Thanks!

[quote name='killerthrust']your welcome :)[/QUOTE]

No problem, I was typing fast so I did not recall the name of the person who wrote it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Guess I wont be picking this up then. GTA with keyboard and mouse = ugggg[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can try it later today. At home, I use my dualshock 2. The only tedious thing is remapping the buttons in the Options menu in the game. I had them match the PS2.

Here at work, I have the 360 wired. Hopefully I get some time to try it.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']I'll see if I can try it later today. At home, I use my dualshock 2. The only tedious thing is remapping the buttons in the Options menu in the game. I had them match the PS2.

Here at work, I have the 360 wired. Hopefully I get some time to try it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 360 wired is my preferred way to play games so hopefully it works for you.

@CreepinDeth, what type of work do you do? (sorry for derailing a thread for Steam).
In order to have a controller you must do programming or have good freetime to play games.

lolwtfl.jpg

...lawl. And before anyone asks, got San Andreas during summer sale, and GTA1 and 2 are still free from R* website, so need to buy the pack.

I was looking at SA for 14.99 and thought it was an asinine price for that game. Steam continues to nickel and dime my bank account.

was all set to jump on this til i realised that i already bought this pack back during rockstar week...amazing deal considering it lets you download 1 and 2 through steam (i don't believe there's an option to otherwise)

i've had no troubles using my 360 controller with SA, haven't really tried 1-3, but SA and VC work fine with the pad

[quote name='thetruelokre']was all set to jump on this til i realised that i already bought this pack back during rockstar week...amazing deal considering it lets you download 1 and 2 through steam (i don't believe there's an option to otherwise)

i've had no troubles using my 360 controller with SA, haven't really tried 1-3, but SA and VC work fine with the pad[/QUOTE]

What program did you use to get it working. The Pinnacle one everyone is talking about is only a 30 day trial...

So I just tried the wired 360 pad on San Andreas and it works. The game has a Joypad configuration that you can use. The only thing I've noticed, is that the triggers don't seem to be recognized at all. This is all with the standard drivers that MS provides for the 360 pad.

As for GTA III, I know that you have to manually map the buttons in the Options menu. Which takes a while. I'm assuming Vice City is similar.

@Aosora13: You're close, I work in the video game industry. So I play Steam games during my break. Mostly Plants vs. Zombies and Half-Life.

[quote name='maxgle']Does game purchased through steam work with mods? I remember people on YouTube make funny videos of Mario and simpsons....[/QUOTE]

San Andreas V.3 from steam isn't moddable without a cracked or patched .exe. At least that is what I have learned from research online.

I keep getting this feeling that the bundle is going to be cheaper during the Holiday Sale, but I grabbed it now, anyway. I've been waiting for this, and now it's mine.

Thanks, Steam; I'm dipping into my "For Steam Holiday Sale" savings a month early.

[quote name='wedge119']I've always preferred the mouse and keyboard for the GTA series (Having played both console and PC).
I've never had a problem with the driving, and the shooting is much easier.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Shooting is just so much better ^^

[quote name='[email protected]']gosh, i bought gta sa on Games for Windows... what could i possibly do??? wish i could return it.[/QUOTE]
Eh, be happy you've got the game in some capacity; Better than nothing and you can still add it to your Steam list.

EDIT: I finished downloading GTA3, and I wanted to impart some knowledge:

1) GTA3: Slow Menu - To fix this, go to the nVidia Control Panel and Force V-Sync.
2) GTA3: "No Video in Opening" Claim - Console users will notice no text during the first 10 seconds of the GTA3 opening cinematic. The video is actually playing just fine. The "problem" is that Rockstar took out the text at the beginning since it said "DMA Design" instead of "Rockstar North." The video is otherwise fine.

Just thought I'd pass that knowledge along so people don't get confused like I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, that is a terrific deal! Thanks for the heads-up! I have been waiting for a good deal on these games individually (didn't have a good enough computer until recently - long story) and now they're available together for this crazy price. HappyJoy!

bread's done
Back