Steam: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - $5 (83% off)

TestType

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JStryke']Stupid question, but I feel the need to ask. If you're not attractive, can you still get it?[/QUOTE]

Shut the fuck up

[quote name='eastx']Unnecessarily rude. You're not allowed to buy the game now.[/QUOTE]

Such rudeness makes one unattractive. So he couldn't get the game anyway.

[quote name='Wolfpup']So what is this exactly? A point and click game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, similar in gameplay style to the Sam & Max series. Personally, I find the Strong Bad games much funnier, but I doubt you can enjoy them as much if you're not familiar with the Strong Bad emails online videos.

[quote name='JStryke']Stupid question, but I feel the need to ask. If you're not attractive, can you still get it?[/QUOTE]

*goes to purchase*

Success! You can!

...wait a moment...

Picked this up for $10 at Best Buy a while ago.

1) Worth it if you like point and click games, so long as you don't expect DoTT levels of greatness.
2) Doubleplus worth it if you like H*R.

I think these are even better than Sam and Max, honestly. I haven't played SnM seasons 2 or 3, but these games are absolutely better than season one. Yes, they do not have the polish or breadth of material, but the actual gameplay is FAR more varied and EASILY more fluid. Anyone who is a fan of the website would be thrilled to have this, and the games are overall fairly easy, so even less experienced gamers should be able to get through it.

I will make my bias known - I buy into the H*R universe 100%. I love the characters and the sense of humor the entire atmosphere provides. The voice work is absolutely top notch, and puts professional actors to shame, especially when you consider that it's ONE dood doing every voice.

For $5, you can't go wrong with this. You're getting five episodes, all of which will take you 3-4 hours minimum, and much longer if you want to find all the goofy extras. It's one of Telltale's better efforts, which is a shame since it's far less known. Highly underrated.

Get it. Twice.

[quote name='plutoknight']Here Steam, here's another 5. [/QUOTE]Yep.

I got this yesterday and all the laughs in the first half-hour I've played have already made half the price I paid worth it. I've got a SB t-shirt my g/f got me and I frequently say, "Looks like I'll have to jump!", "I stopped at Discount Weapons Surplus to pick up my Nunchuk Gun," "WIIIIDE SCREEEEEEEN!!! Left side, wooooooaaawwww. Right side, waaoooooowwww, hey, what are you doing there? I need to look to the right more often. You'll have fewer non-broken bones and more crushed spirits." and I still laugh like a look at the "Guitar" email and show it to my musician and music fan friends. "And the dragon comes out of the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!"

I'm in. I absolutely loved H*R back in the day. Every Monday afternoon I would rush back to my dorm after class to watch the newest Strong Bad e-mail. Haven't been to the site in years, but I still lol when I think about Sweet Cuppin Cakes (Hey Steve!) or the legendary e-mail that introduces Trogdor the Burninator.

In for one. :)

Trogdor the Burninator compelled me to purchase this for $4.99. I might even get it for a friend. There is no such thing as too much burninating! (Unless you're one of the unlucky burninated peasants).

If you're not attractive games are about all you can get. ;)

...:cry:

In for one, thanks OP.

Went for it. I'm about half way through the first episode, and it's good fun. If you are/were ever a fan of the website, this is well worth your money at $1 an installment.

Debating I don't like the gameplay style but I have the first one and remember I thought it was funny. I used to go to the site all the time years ago and its just one of those sites I forgot about and have no idea why I stopped going.

I'm sort of stuck in the gameplay, but I'm getting my money's worth in the sheer entertainment of seeing Snake Puncher V and whatever that Teen Girl Squad minigame is about. I'm actually learning more about the H*R universe than I picked up from the emails. This is definitely a cheap like free deal!

Awesome deal! I already own it tho, greately recomended.
Does anyone know if you buy it on Steam, do you still get the physical DVD in the mail?

No, you'll just get a Steam digital download. I don't know if they offer physical copies of anything they have on that service - it's meant to be entirely digital.

Awesome! I use to go to homestarrunner.com and watch the sb emails all the time 7-8 years ago. This should bring back some good memories.

Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back