Steam Weekend Deal Spellforce 2 + expansion for 14.99 or 9.99 each.

Newman6818

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This weekend's steam deal is Spellforce 2 + plus the Dragon Storm expansion for 14.99. Or alternatively, you can get each one for 9.99. It is not active at this time, but it was in my steam update news, so I imagine it will go active sometime today.

Wow, worth every penny. Action RPG blended with an RTS, decent graphics, and online play. Just don't expect much of a story.

whats it normally run? also, how is the story? will i care to play it, or is it another save the village blah blah blah

[quote name='xycury']Spellforce Universe

http://www.amazon.com/Spellforce-Universe-Pc/dp/B000WMJM3W

If you wanted to... pick up the first 3 games too all on DVDs

I think they also include the 2 lastest ones also... I have it, and should verify but they are included also.

INDEED!

Better value I think... buy on Amazon... or I picked it up on Ebay for like 20.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/943517.asp

85%

And both articles state that the 2 latest (steam advertised ones) are in this set.[/quote]

thanks for the links
icon_smile.gif

Looking at some descriptions and gameplay videos, the mechanics look similar to Dungeon Siege. Is that right?

[quote name='G33']Looking at some descriptions and gameplay videos, the mechanics look similar to Dungeon Siege. Is that right?[/quote]

Actually I would make a similarity to Warlords Battlecry, where you have a "hero" or you go full out on army tactics.

it's a hybrid RPG/RTS... with a focus on either... I think you can sac your "hero" to gain a boost to the RTS part of it, or just make your "hero" stronger while putting the RTS on auto.

I haven't played it, my backlog is the size of the Library of congress :bomb:

[quote name='G33']Looking at some descriptions and gameplay videos, the mechanics look similar to Dungeon Siege. Is that right?[/quote]

It's like a blend of an RTS with Neverwinter Nights--60% of the time is spent playing as main group of heroes that gain levels, have skill trees, and can use gear; and the other 40% is spent playing the game as an RTS in which you still manage your party of heroes, but they're aided by a Warcraft-style RTS army.

The game is incredibly unique and a ton of fun, but don't come looking for much of a story: the writing is terrible, the dialog is lame, and the voice acting is quite awful.

The collection is EASILY worth $15 for the unique gameplay, but the generic story make it fall short of a full price purchase.

Trust me RTS / RPG fans: for $15, you're getting an absolute TON of gameplay.

Sounds really, really interesting. I don't know how I missed it (although I didn't get PC Gamer yet in '06)

Does that full pack on Amazon have DRM?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Sounds really, really interesting. I don't know how I missed it (although I didn't get PC Gamer yet in '06)

Does that full pack on Amazon have DRM?[/quote]

It will annually rape you with a robot dildo...

so yes it has DRM. I'm almost tempted to say what game doesn't, now in these days... Every game has some type of some way to protect their intellicual property.

I would advise going through Steam, it's the painless one of them all, but then you won't get any of the other ones either.

Yeah, sounds like an interesting game, but I've got so many other PC games to play.

So tempting though.

bread's done
Back