Steam Weekend Deals - $2 Freedom Force Pack/$ 2 X-Com Pack/Tropico 3 66% Off

Liveforlaughs76

CAGiversary!
Really a must buy if you haven't played either of these franchises. Rebel FM Game Club is also doing FF: The Third Reich if you're looking to play along like me. Tropico 3 is $13.60

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3384/

spotlight_freedomforce.jpg
spotlight_xcom.jpg
tropico3wed_spotlight.jpg

Like comic books? Like Aliens? Like autocracy?

The Freedom Force Pack $2.00.
X-Com Complete $2.00
Tropico 3 $13.60

Metacritic:
Freedom Force (90)
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich (86)
X-Com: Enforcer (65)
Tropico 3 (79)

Mobygames:
X-Com: UFO Defense (4/5)
X-Com: Terror from the Deep (82)
X-Com: Apocalypse (88)
X-Com: Interceptor (76)

Demos:
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich
X-Com: UFO Defense
X-Com: Terror from the Deep
X-Com: Apocalypse
X-Com: Interceptor
X-Com: Enforcer
Tropico 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember getting Freedom Force when it was new. Fun game, though I sort of got sick of it after awhile. IIRC (and it has been years :p), it plays somewhat similar to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

[quote name='___Vizion___']What the heck, I just bought it the other day for 7.50. *Cries in the corner.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had considered buying it for that price during that sale, but ultimately I opted not to. For $2 though, they've got my money.

Dammit, Steam. They keep putting games on sale that I already have. And I keep re-buying them just so I don't have to find my CDs. Dammit, Me.

[quote name='Gycot']Dammit, Steam. They keep putting games on sale that I already have. And I keep re-buying them just so I don't have to find my CDs. Dammit, Me.[/QUOTE]
It's worth $2 not to have to dig through Cheeto dust to find old CD's and have to worry about patching or emulators. :)

Totally in for Tropico 3. And probably Xcom. Loved those back in the day.

Xcom and freedom force are both excellent games.

Xcom series while a bit dated (ok extremely dated graphics wise) Is one of the best turn based combat games ever made. it will put alot of people off with the its tactical heavy combat (the fps crowd will never like this game) and its interface while very functional is very cumbersome. The learning curve is extreme on it and most players will (I would guess) give up after a mission or two. one of those games where one mistep or lucky shot can change the whole mission. The game has so much that "HAS" to be done right. So many stats that "HAVE" to be built (your troops will general be CRAP to start and will miss 2 out of 3 times till they use the guns (they gain accuracy with use)) and its so easy to get wipped out with one gernade, etc.. But once you get the hang of it, start reserching new weapons/alien tech and get some troops with some skill the game is addicting. but hanging in there for the first few hours (or should I say days depending on how tactical thinking you are) you will be rewarded (again, if you like tactical games).

Freedom Force is somewhat the same style of game but with suprepowers, its more streamlined and playes alot quicker and is far more forgiving. But again, by todays game standards, it will be a challange.

For that price if you like turn based games you cant go wrong for that price. 100% recomended!

x-com was the game that made me sign up for Steam. Freedom force was a pretty good game. I am not crazy about superheroes, but it was pretty fun.

Hmm... kind of interested in Tropico 3, but I still haven't play my civ 4...

Wow, thanks for the heads-up! I gave Freedom Force to my cousin's husband years ago (he was starting up an internet cafe) so I never got the chance to really play it long. I had the original X-Com for my Playstation, but GAWD the load times were terrible. I didn't play for more than an hour before I traded it away. Now I can play it properly!

[quote name='mtxbass1']Another day, another time Steam takes my money...[/QUOTE]

:( too true...these weekend deals pushed me games list to over 100, now...in for Xcom Pack and Freedom Force Pack.

My Steam account now consists of 4 games (5 if you count the Freedom Force 2-pack as 2 games), and cost me a total of $14. Steam is awesome.

Don't care for the ancient X-com games. I don't have the nostalgia that others are stuck with for those. I might pick up the other two deals though.

I really do enjoy that steam are putting classics on sale for the time being.
hopefully that will lead to more to come!

Bit on the X-Com and FF bundles...a steal for $4 total.

I'm still debating on Tropico 3...but I'll probably pass. But just in case, if anyone here has played it...how is it?

[quote name='ivanctorres']isn't Tropico 3 coming out as a full retail release for the 360? If so could be a great deal[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I bought Tropico 3 when it first came out on the PC. If you like the Sim City style games, then Tropico 3 is a steal at that price.

Just posting this as a warning to anyone looking at the FF games on steam, but the issue might just have been me.

I picked up the second one from steam after really enjoying the first one years before but it was practically unplayable because of the mouse settings. It would move fine until it got close to a button and then would barely move at all. I remember looking up posts in forums for a solution but I never was able to get it working properly. I use a G9 so my DPI was normally set really high but turning it way down seemed to help a bit. Also this was on Vista x64 at the time.

So be aware that there are some issues with this game. Otherwise X-COM has aged very well. I still enjoy it as much as I did back when the game originally came out.

Someone convince me to buy X-com. I want to buy it but i dunno. I have a big backlog already but $2...

I just picked up the FF pack, Just unsure on X-com.

[quote name='SimpRgr8']Yes it is. I bought Tropico 3 when it first came out on the PC. If you like the Sim City style games, then Tropico 3 is a steal at that price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I picked up Tropico 3 during the Holiday sale and I think it is a no-brainer at that price if you like the genre. I would definitely check out the Steam demo if you are unsure.

Great deals this weekend, got X-com and Freedom Force packs. Installing the Tropico demo but will most likely give it a miss.

The original X-Com is by far my #1 game of all time. As for aging well I don't know but for the style of game it is, I would think that it would be fine. Worth $2 to find out.

well, I can't keep ignoring these cheap prices, especially for games that will actually run on my e-machine. I just signed up for Steam, will be giving Freedom Force and X-Com a try! thanks OP

in for X-com pack, for 2 dollars, that is an insane steal. I almost bought it for the regular price last week, good thing I held out.

bread's done
Back