SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
Found all of the new batch BB steelbooks at the store closest to work.  They may have had The Matrix, though I didn't want that one because I already had the Ultimate Matrix Collection.

They were mixed in for the most part with the rest of the non-steelbook items, though a couple of them were the last ones at that store. 

They're not searchable on BB.com either by SKU number or via title.

Best Buy has a steelbook for The Hobbit Extended Edition on Tuesday.  $30 and I believe it is 3D only for the actual movie.

Best Buy has a steelbook for The Hobbit Extended Edition on Tuesday. $30 and I believe it is 3D only for the actual movie.
Correct, 3D only. Plus it is missing a whole disc that the non-Steelbook version has for anyone interested.

IMAG0272_1_zpsb378cfcd.jpg

Check your email for £6.00 off Dick Tracy, Starship Troopers or The Sixth Sense on Zavvi.  Code can only be used once and is for one steelbook.  If anyone is not going to use there code if you can please post here for fellow CAG members and if it is used please make a note of it.

Check your email for £6.00 off Dick Tracy, Starship Troopers or The Sixth Sense on Zavvi. Code can only be used once and is for one steelbook. If anyone is not going to use there code if you can please post here for fellow CAG members and if it is used please make a note of it.
Got an email and used it on the Sixth Sense

Print ad for Walmart lists the Man Of Steel steelbook as 3D + BluRay + DVD + Digital Copy and at $24.96. 

Online link for the same item:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Man-Of-Steel-Blu-ray-DVD-UltraViolet-Steelbook-Packaging-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/28417224

That still shows the $29.96 price, as well as that it is BluRay + DVD + UV DC.

I doubt Walmart would get two versions of a steelbook, one online without 3D and one in-store with 3D.  My guess is that the in-store ad information is incorrect and that it is BD + DVD + UV DC without 3D.

I think I may run by Walmart B&M on Tuesday morning to see if it's the 3D version or not, as I had it pre-ordered with Walmart.com.    The pic shown in the ad looks like the same one that's listed online, where it clearly says "BluRay + DVD + Digital HD (UV DC)" on the illustration.

Did I miss out on Lady and the Tramp from Zavvi? I know they show up a sold out before they are available but Dumbo is #9 and it's available while LatT is #8 on the Disney steelbook list.

Managed to get the FutureShop Pacific Rim Steelbook off of eBay for $35. I think bidders were scared off by the Spanish stickers, but the Steelbook itself and discs look the same as the English one.

Managed to get the FutureShop Pacific Rim Steelbook off of eBay for $35. I think bidders were scared off by the Spanish stickers, but the Steelbook itself and discs look the same as the English one.
Is that any different from the UK one? I have that one the way from amazon for ~$30 shipped.

Any idea if this is a Steelbook?

http://www.target.com/p/man-of-steel-steel-case-only-at-target/-/A-14950831#prodSlot=medium_1_32

It looked very similar to a steelbook but Target is only calling it "red steel packaging".

If it is a Steelbook, I had no idea they make them CD size now.
If it's like the one that other stores had, it is a CD-sized steel case. Best Buy and Amazon had it in a grey case, though this one is a Target exclusive with extra tracks and the like.

Wondering if someone here can answer this question for me:

I pre-ordered the Man of Steel steelbook at walmart.com when they first put it up. I see that they charged me $29.99 (price when I preordered) for the movie even though the website has it listed for $24.99. Do they not give you the lowest price automatically like amazon? I already sent them the same question through their customer service on the website but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this kind of stuff before. Can I expect them to refund me the difference or will they fight me on this and try to make me miserable?

Nope. You will not get a price match by calling either (well, YMMV, but their policy doesn't cover it). The only surefire way to get the difference is to go to the store and do a return/rebuy. Assuming that it's still $24.99 in store.

Nope. You will not get a price match by calling either (well, YMMV, but their policy doesn't cover it). The only surefire way to get the difference is to go to the store and do a return/rebuy. Assuming that it's still $24.99 in store.
Well that sucks. I'm gonna have to end up going there anyway to pick up another copy of the steelbook that's going to someone else as a gift so I guess I'll do the return/rebuy when I go to the store. Thanks for the response.

I have a SAMSUNG blue ray player i have used just ONCE, for sale, or trade.. most likely will NEED money. : p.s send e a private message, it will work out better :)

Well that sucks. I'm gonna have to end up going there anyway to pick up another copy of the steelbook that's going to someone else as a gift so I guess I'll do the return/rebuy when I go to the store. Thanks for the response.
I have the same issue, though for a different reason. I just received it from the post office as it was sent FedEx SmartPost and FedEx pretty much destroyed it. The box is bent about 25 degrees up on one side of the package and the steelbook is destroyed.

I called Walmart to let them know about and that they should send a shipping refund request to FedEx for how badly they screwed it up. I called FedEx to complain about it and as soon as they saw it was SmartPost, they tossed the post office under the bus and claimed they did it. Since all the USPS does in this case is receive it at their local sorting up or the post office for my ZIP code, I doubt it's going to be destroyed in-transit from the post office to my address.

Did an in-store pickup order for a replacement and will wait out that notification. Should have it in the next few hours and then will end up returning the damaged one to the B&M store.

Yeah, same thing happened when I ordered the Star Trek Into Darkness pack. It was delivered in a thin poly mailer. Thankfully I swapped it out at the store and got the price adjustment at the same time.

Did anyone miss out on the recent round of Best Buy steelbooks? I've got The Ring and Shutter Island available if anyone wants them at cost - $12.50 each - plus shipping. I figured I'd offer them here before returning them to the store.

They packed mine in a seemingly sturdy cardboard and it wasn't crushed or anything but I finally opened mine and noticed this on the spine:

FZhgKne.jpg

Ugh, I feel like that's going to drive me crazy. I'm guessing that scratch came from whoever opened the box with a box cutter because the second copy I ordered has the same scratch in the same spot and I also have another steelbook with the same scratch:

LFcHyxf.jpg

I'm debating whether or not I want to deal with an exchange just over that scratch but I know it's going to bother me lol.

I have had this happen before were there was that line in the middle.  I just don't understand why they don't package them better. 

Does anyone know if any retailers state-side are going to have a "The World's End" steelbook or metalpak?  Or will I be forced to use Zavvi?  I haven't been able to locate one myself, so I figured I ask people that would know.  Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if any retailers state-side are going to have a "The World's End" steelbook or metalpak? Or will I be forced to use Zavvi? I haven't been able to locate one myself, so I figured I ask people that would know. Thanks in advance.
Nope, no US retailer will have it. I'm personally getting mine from amazon.uk.

It looks like Fast & Furious 6 is coming on steelbook from Amazon, Target, Walmart and Best Buy, though each one of them is different:

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/retailers/

Best Buy: Exclusive Steelbook packaging w/$5 Cinema Now credit

Target: Comes with complete soundtrack included

Walmart: 30 minutes bonus content through VuDu

Amazon: Release Date Delivery :roll:

From the Fast & Furious FB page, it looks that at least Best Buy's is different:

1450723_10152012137352631_871411248_n.jpg

EDIT:  Guess I should have clicked on your link first.  

Alliance wave of Steelbooks will be available at Best Buy starting Sunday 11/24. Price for each is $14.99. Picture courtesy of mark808 on blu-ray.com.

2eezz8l.jpg

Best Buy is also getting individual Steelbooks for Fast & Furious 1-5, also $14.99 each and available starting 11/24. Pic courtesy of THS on blu-ray.com.

2hxc86r.jpg

I wish the pictures were better quality because you can't see the SKU numbers on any of those items.   Would make it easier to find via SKU #.

I would imagine that Stargate is likely the old release and not the cleaned-up newer one, same for Terminator and Total Recall.

I wish the pictures were better quality because you can't see the SKU numbers on any of those items. Would make it easier to find via SKU #.

I would imagine that Stargate is likely the old release and not the cleaned-up newer one, same for Terminator and Total Recall.
Apocalypse Now 2662192
Hero 2662156
Highlander 2662165
Kill Bill Vol 1 2662174
Kill Bill Vol 2 2662207
Pulp Fiction 2662138
Sin City 2662183
Stargate 2662147
Terminator 2 2662129
Total Recall 2662216

Steelbook sale going on at Best Buy. Plus the new ones are listed as well. 

$9.99
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Gladiator
Lord Of The Rings 1 / 2 / 3
The Hangover 1 / 2
Sherlock Holmes 1 / 2
The Departed
GoodFellas
The Matrix
Inception
Shawshank
The Town
Watchmen

$12.99
Scarface
Safe House

$14.99
Apocolypse Now
Hero
Highlander
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Stargate
Terminator 2
Total Recall
The Fast And The Furious 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Snow White & The Huntsmen

$19.99
Elf
Les Miserables

Apocalypse Now 2662192
Hero 2662156
Highlander 2662165
Kill Bill Vol 1 2662174
Kill Bill Vol 2 2662207
Pulp Fiction 2662138
Sin City 2662183
Stargate 2662147
Terminator 2 2662129
Total Recall 2662216
Do you know the SKU for The Matrix? I had them scan it at my local BB and it came out $19.99 and it was labeled $9.99 and they wouldn't honor it :(

Steelbook sale going on at Best Buy. Plus the new ones are listed as well.

$9.99
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Gladiator
Lord Of The Rings 1 / 2 / 3
The Hangover 1 / 2
Sherlock Holmes 1 / 2
The Departed
GoodFellas
The Matrix
Inception
Shawshank
The Town
Watchmen

$12.99
Scarface
Safe House

$14.99
Apocolypse Now
Hero
Highlander
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Stargate
Terminator 2
Total Recall
The Fast And The Furious 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Snow White & The Huntsmen

$19.99
Elf
Les Miserables
Can you link me to Scarface Steelbook edition on Best Buy (12.99)? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Do you know the SKU for The Matrix? I had them scan it at my local BB and it came out $19.99 and it was labeled $9.99 and they wouldn't honor it :(
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-matrix-blu-ray-disc/2878419.p?id=29857&skuId=2878419&st=the%20matrix&lp=2&cp=1

Not sure what that one is coming up $19.99. when all the rest are $9.99. Might have something to do with it having new artwork.

Can you link me to Scarface Steelbook edition on Best Buy (12.99)? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/scarface-limited-edition-2-discs-blu-ray-dvd-limited-edition-blu-ray-disc/2636067.p?id=2208783&skuId=2636067&st=scarface&lp=5&cp=1

bread's done
Back