:br: King Kong (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Wanted (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Django (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Evil Dead (1982) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Killing Them Softly (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Law Abiding Citizen (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Lawless (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Lord of Salem) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Steve Austin 4-Pack: The Stranger/Hunt To Kill/The Package/Maximum Conviction (USA) - 5/20/14

June

:br: The Lone Survivor (Target) (USA) - 6/3/14

:br: The Lone Survivor (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/3/14

:br: 300: Rise of an Empire (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/24/14

July

:br: Chaplin's Mutuals Comedies (Flicker Alley) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Best Buy) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/29/14

August

:br: Divergent (Best Buy) (USA) - 8/5/14

:br: Divergent (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/5/14

:br: Batman: Assault on Arkham (Target) (USA) - 8/12/14

:br: The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/19/14

:br: The Walking Dead: Season 4 (Target) (USA) - 8/26/14

:br: The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/26/14

September

:br: G.I. Joe: Retailation (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather: Part 2 (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Jack Reacher (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Minority Report (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Saving Private Ryan (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek XI (2009) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek Into Darkness (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Top Gun (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: True Grit (2010) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: War of the Worlds (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: World War Z (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Bilingual) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/30/2014

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/30/2014

October

:br: Edge of Tomorrow (Target) (USA) - 10/7/14

November

:br: Hercules 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/4/14

:br: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Extended Edition (Target) (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: An American Werewolf in London: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Big Lebowski: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Blues Brothers: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Psycho: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scarface: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Shaun of the Dead: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: 22 Jump Street (Target) (USA) - 11/18/14

:br: Into The Storm (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/18/14

:br: Drive (Best Buy) (USA) - 11/23/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Target) (USA) - 11/23/14

December

:br: Drive: Mondo Edition (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/2/14

:br: Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Best Buy (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/9/14

Coming Soon

:br: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Best Buy) (USA) - 2014

:br: Fifth Element (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Snatch (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Superbad (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Desperado (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Das Boot (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: District 9 (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Dr Strangelove (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Karate Kid (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Leon the Professional (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Taxi Driver (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Tommy (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Kung Fu Hustle (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Easy Rider (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Stripes (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

January

:br: Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Target) (USA) - 1/6/15

Coming Soon

:br: Fury (Target) (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first steelbook that didn't sell out at opening. I wasn't going to pick it up, but ended up doing it anyway. I may return it.
Man, sucks to have to shop at your Target. The only steelbook I can think of in the last 1-2 years that sold out instantly was Evil Dead where I live. There were many that were available for a long time like Ender's Game, E.T., most of the animated Batman's, Wolf of Wall Street, Mark Whalberg Miltary Movie, etc.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="12145775" timestamp="1412733626"]It is--$22.99 in the weekly ad.[/quote]
That's weird. It's still showing 27.99 on the website.

Man, sucks to have to shop at your Target. The only steelbook I can think of in the last 1-2 years that sold out instantly was Evil Dead where I live. There were many that were available for a long time like Ender's Game, E.T., most of the animated Batman's, Wolf of Wall Street, Mark Whalberg Miltary Movie, etc.
Yup. Local Best Buy is the same way. I'm not sure if steelbooks are popular or there's a local reseller. The store typically gets plenty.

Yup. Local Best Buy is the same way. I'm not sure if steelbooks are popular or there's a local reseller. The store typically gets plenty.
I'm sure it's a reseller, if you ever visit BR.com you read tons of stories of reseller sightings, too bad we all can't be cool like neoz and have the BBY manager on his side when it comes to this.

Grabbed EOT steelbook today at a pretty medium traffic Target and there were only 3 copies available. I've been burned way too many times on Target exclusives in this area unfortunately. Missed out on Evil Dead which particularly pissed me off.

Target for me is pretty easy to pick up steelbooks. Luckily I live in an area where there's probably 5-6 Targets that are within a 30 minute drive of each other so I can usually find what I want if one store is out of SBs.

Best Buy on the other hand, man the last steelbook that I saw that was available on a shelf on release day was probably Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows. Learned my lesson on getting burned by El Hordo so I always do instore pickups with BB.

Does Target ever offer the steelbooks or metalpaks for in store pick up? I won't be able to make it to the store for the DoFP metalpak till that afternoon and don't want to miss it.

Does Target ever offer the steelbooks or metalpaks for in store pick up? I won't be able to make it to the store for the DoFP metalpak till that afternoon and don't want to miss it.
Target uses the same DCPI for both steelbooks and non-steelbooks with the same discs (e.g., EoT's steelbook BR+DVD+UV and the standard BR+DVD+UV combo pack), so you have no way to guarantee that the steelbook is what will be waiting for you.

Target uses the same DCPI for both steelbooks and non-steelbooks with the same discs (e.g., EoT's steelbook BR+DVD+UV and the standard BR+DVD+UV combo pack), so you have no way to guarantee that the steelbook is what will be waiting for you.
Oh ok thanks. Do the metalpaks get stocked better than the steelbooks usually?

You can also call in the morning and have them hold a copy for you at customer service. YMMV, but I've never had problems with it.

So... the exact same as the Zavvi exclusive steelbook? WTF?
Well the front is anyway, maybe the spine and back will be different. Other than that, if the Winter Solider steelbook was any indication this one will say awesome mix tape vol.2 instead of vol.1 with the Zavvi.

8879005.jpg

I really hope the title and character pics are part of the cardboard j-card and not the steel

ETA: This is supposedly what the back will look like, courtesy of blu-ray.com: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=9855217&postcount=282. General consensus is that a lot of people over there don't like it, which is odd. Seems like people get upset if the SB shows actors and/or poster art, yet when a studio tries to mix things up with a unique design, people complain about that too. They can't win.

Well the front is anyway, maybe the spine and back will be different. Other than that, if the Winter Solider steelbook was any indication this one will say awesome mix tape vol.2 instead of vol.1 with the Zavvi.
I doubt that.

They found vol. 2 at the end of the movie, which was pretty much saying there's going to be a second movie, while explaining how it'll have a different soundtrack. They might use it for the second movie, but not this one.

ETA: This is supposedly what the back will look like, courtesy of blu-ray.com: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=9855217&postcount=282. General consensus is that a lot of people over there don't like it, which is odd. Seems like people get upset if the SB shows actors and/or poster art, yet when a studio tries to mix things up with a unique design, people complain about that too. They can't win.
I don't frequent blu-ray.com as much, but I thought I was in the minority of not liking actors on the steelbook. Especially really boring ones like Divergent and Catching Fire. Those are awful.

I'm not a big fan of the design for the Guardians steelbook. Would have either preferred the poster or a cool shot of the spaceship in the upper atmosphere

For the Guardians of the Galaxy steel at Best Buy, is it BR 3D only or does it have a normal Blu-Ray with it as well? I don't possess a way to watch 3D nor do I ever want it so if it's a steelbook for Blu-Ray 3D only then I guess I'll have to pass.
I'm sure it'll have the normal blu-ray too. The format used to be DVD, BR, 3D BR. But I think the market for just 3D BR is dwindling, so they've moved into including the normal BR with 3D BR.

It makes business sense.

So the Future Shop Drive Steel is now listed as SOLD OUT :(

Long shot, but did anyone order extras and be wiling to sell one for a reasonable price? I finally found a friend of a friend in Canada who was willing to help me out, but it was too late by then. PM me and we can work something out. 

So is the x-men Days of Future past metalpak really going to be 23$ or will it be cheaper than that

Last edited:
What is a metalpak vs steelbook? Is the bob one a steelbook?
SteelBook is a brand like band-aid.

However metalpaks have a slightly different design with two hinges built into the spine. It is a general consensus that they are not as durable as steelbooks made by SteelBook.

SteelBook is a brand like band-aid.

However metalpaks have a slightly different design with two hinges built into the spine. It is a general consensus that they are not as durable as steelbooks made by SteelBook.
The hinge does it for me, I try and avoid metalpaks as much as possible.

Will the x-men Days of Future past metalpak be a sell out
Hard to say. My Target still has all the other X-men MetalPaks in stock (though those were re-releases).

ETA: Here are some pics of it: Front, Back, & Inside; confirmation of iTunes DC. For some reason, they're calling this one a FuturePak. Not sure if that's synonymous with MetalPak, but it looks identical.

This has to be a record for obscured faces on the inside artwork: Beast's head is cut-off; Wolverine is partially hidden by the spine; Mystique is hidden behind the disc holder (as are two other characters who I can't even identify); and there's another character cut-off on the lower right. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back