Stewart ripping mad money guy a new ass

I'll have to torrent it later. We don't get the daily show here. Whatever happens though Cramer is still my hero!

Again? He has been spending half his shows all week about how big of a dumbass fuck up Mad Guy is. It's really starting to get old.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Again? He has been spending half his shows all week about how big of a dumbass fuck up Mad Guy is. It's really starting to get old.[/quote]

I believe Jim Cramer is actually on the show now.

Yes he was actually on the show. He basically told Jon, i don't do x, y, and z. Then Jon showed video of him telling somebody that he does actually do x, y, z even though its illegal and shouldn't be done. There was much more to it than that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start watching again when Stewart becomes funny. I don't what anyone says. The Daily Show became crap when Craig Kilborn left.

[quote name='Ziv']I'll start watching again when Stewart becomes funny. I don't what anyone says. The Daily Show became crap when Craig Kilborn left.[/quote]

Craig Kilborn sucked on the Daily Show. Jon Stewart turned it into sometihng great.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Craig Kilborn sucked on the Daily Show. Jon Stewart turned it into sometihng great.[/quote]

And then proceeded to slowly ruin it again.

This made all the major news networks this morning. Daily Show ratings were up 20%, while Mad Money's ratings were down 24% since this whole "feud" began.

The interview was riveting. It a completely one-sided deconstruction of Cramer, CNBC, and financial reporting in general. I'm actually beginning to think that The Daily Show could be one of the best news sources on TV, and it's a sorry state of affairs when that position is held by a comedy show.

[quote name='mtxbass1']This made all the major news networks this morning. Daily Show ratings were up 20%, while Mad Money's ratings were down 24% since this whole "feud" began.[/QUOTE]

So I'm not the only one who watches Kiren Chetry "American Morning" on CNN.

Eef. for me this was tough to watch. I am a fan of both. It was one of the first interviews I witnessed where laughter was scarce.

I’m wondering if Cramer will break his contracts after this.

[quote name='Quillion']The interview was riveting. It a completely one-sided deconstruction of Cramer, CNBC, and financial reporting in general. I'm actually beginning to think that The Daily Show could be one of the best news sources on TV, and it's a sorry state of affairs when that position is held by a comedy show.[/quote]

To be honest I think that's been the case for at least 4 or 5 years.

[quote name='johnnypark']To be honest I think that's been the case for at least 4 or 5 years.[/quote]
I can't disagree with your timeline, except to say: Tim Russert, R.I.P.

Cramer got a lot better toward the end when he started to relax. To be fair, I respect the guy just for showing up.

While I agree with most of Stewart's assessment, there was a good bit from Cramer when John asks "In what world is a 35:1 leveraged position sane?" and Cramer replies with "the world from 1999 all the way up to the end of 2007".

Everyone can blame the market all they want, but people investing were blinded by their own greed with high, unsustainable returns. I remember back in 2006 when my finance class (undergraduate for fucks sake) were writing papers on the derivatives market, and myself and SIX other people came up with similar conclusions: the derivatives market was experiencing unsustainable returns through disingenuous leveraging strategies and it was going to come to a violent end.

Of course, we thought it wasn't going to happen for another 6 years. The subprime mortgage issue was just the "straw that broke the camel's back" in that it was easily observable from a layman point of view.

[quote name='mykevermin']So I'm not the only one who watches Kiren Chetry "American Morning" on CNN.[/quote]

;) Exactly Myke.

And occasionally the Amy Robach Today show.

I saw it on yahoo.com today and thought it was good. At times Cramer didn't even seem like he knew what to say. Other times it seemed like he knew what to say but not how to say it and Stewart didn't give him much of a chance to respond. I hope he does what John suggested and no longer bull shits the people. I do have to say it seemed like Stewart started to blame Cramer and then changed it to everyone else when Cramer tried to defend himself. It was a good interview and I plan on watching it when it comes on tv again tonight.

I like the fact that Stewart seems to be the only one, of all the political/journalist/news/financial/whatever sources, out there going for true accountability in this world/market. Not even our government and congress can attest to that.

The media actually blew the whole thing up a lot. Most of the interview was very calm and had some very good points to it. Kudos to both of them really.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The media actually blew the whole thing up a lot. Most of the interview was very calm and had some very good points to it. Kudos to both of them really.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='mykevermin']So I'm not the only one who watches Kiren Chetry "American Morning" on CNN.[/quote]

You got it right the first time with Kiran Chetry. She is VERY easy on the eyes. She could be giving a report on cow dung for all I care, I'm watching it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I like the fact that Stewart seems to be the only one, of all the political/journalist/news/financial/whatever sources, out there going for true accountability in this world/market. Not even our government and congress can attest to that.[/quote]

Word

[quote name='magiic']I'll have to torrent it later. We don't get the daily show here. Whatever happens though Cramer is still my hero![/quote]

You don't have CTV in Vancouver, man?

she was a sight to behold on fox news back in the day. i wont lie part of the reason i ever started watching fox news was that ridiculous stable of hotties they had on. ed hill , kiran chetry , lauren green . most of them have migrated to other channels but back in time fox was the place for hottie news chicks. ill never forget the dunk tank...........

[quote name='mtxbass1']The media actually blew the whole thing up a lot. Most of the interview was very calm and had some very good points to it. Kudos to both of them really.[/quote]

Agreed. Props to Stewart for asking some tough questions and props to Kramer for his humility and for not blowing up under the pressure.

LOL..."Welcome to Brawl Street".

[quote name='Quillion']The interview was riveting. It a completely one-sided deconstruction of Cramer, CNBC, and financial reporting in general. I'm actually beginning to think that The Daily Show could be one of the best news sources on TV, and it's a sorry state of affairs when that position is held by a comedy show.[/quote]

I'd agree with this. If it weren't for John Stewart, Keith Olbermann, and Rachel Maddow I'd have no freakin' clue what's happening in the world.

Oh, and Bill Maher. Love that guy.

[quote name='willardhaven']Why would Cramer even show up?[/quote]

Because the whole nuanced event was contrived and choreographed like an Andy Kaufman shtick. Now, the Tucker Carlson event, that was real. Stuart got him fired.

My first thought was that it was all a gimmick, but people are saying Mad Money's ratings are down.

What the heck is he gaining here? Did the Daily Show just cut him a huge check?

[quote name='willardhaven']My first thought was that it was all a gimmick, but people are saying Mad Money's ratings are down.

What the heck is he gaining here? Did the Daily Show just cut him a huge check?[/quote]

Sometimes this stuff backfires. It did on Kaufman, many times. The whole wrestling thing nearly cost him his career.

Oh for crying out loud, how could anyone think that Kiran Chetry is hot, goddamn.

Meg Oliver is the ONLY hot newscaster.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']And then proceeded to slowly ruin it again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this. The show is funny at times but Stewart is a self-important fuck.

[quote name='Quillion']The interview was riveting. It a completely one-sided deconstruction of Cramer, CNBC, and financial reporting in general. I'm actually beginning to think that The Daily Show could be one of the best news sources on TV, and it's a sorry state of affairs when that position is held by a comedy show.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I like the fact that Stewart seems to be the only one, of all the political/journalist/news/financial/whatever sources, out there going for true accountability in this world/market. Not even our government and congress can attest to that.[/QUOTE]
Get. The. fuck. Out. Of. America.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Oh for crying out loud, how could anyone think that Kiran Chetry is hot, goddamn.

Meg Oliver is the ONLY hot newscaster.[/quote]

I think Campbell Brown and Robin Meade have them both beat.

[quote name='bmachine']I think Campbell Brown and Robin Meade have them both beat.[/QUOTE]

And I think that you have awful taste in women. Have a nice day.

The thing that will really come back to haunt Cramer is the Apple stock manipulation. My jaw was on the floor when I heard that clip.

After seeing it again I don't think Cramer was saying that is what he does in the clips John showed. It is what he would do if he was to do that and how you can do it and it be legal. They just played parts of it to make it look like that is what he does.

Okay, just finished watching this, and I don't see Cramer being "ripped a new ass" in this video. I see Stewart being a self-important little bitch who thinks he knows way more than he actually does and is far more important than he actually is (and all you idiots going on about how you think that Daily Show is a good source for news are just feeding more and more in to this crap), unfairly demonizing Cramer for not offering flawless advice (though it's not as extreme as some are saying), going on about how CNBC is a massive conspiracy. I seriously want to punch him in his goddamn throat.

And anyone who thinks that Cramer was manipulating Apple stock is dumb.

Arg how could everyone be so dumb.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Okay, just finished watching this, and I don't see Cramer being "ripped a new ass" in this video. I see Stewart being a self-important little bitch who thinks he knows way more than he actually does and is far more important than he actually is (and all you idiots going on about how you think that Daily Show is a good source for news are just feeding more and more in to this crap), unfairly demonizing Cramer for not offering flawless advice (though it's not as extreme as some are saying), going on about how CNBC is a massive conspiracy. I seriously want to punch him in his goddamn throat.

Arg how could everyone be so dumb.[/quote]
Yes. Thank you. You know what you're talking about.
Jon Stewart is being a self-important bitch when he downplays the entire rivalry.
He is being a self-important bitch when he reacts awkwardly to fawning praise.
He is demonizing Cramer for not offering flawless advice when he says, "The problem isn't being wrong, it's being all over the place."
He is demonizing Cramer when he catches him in a flat-out lie.
He is being a self-important bitch when he reacts negatively to being talked down to.
He is being a self-important bitch when he calls himself a snake-oil salesman.
He is demonizing Cramer when he says, "This song ain't about you."
He is demonizing Cramer when he calls him brilliant and knowledgeable.
He is being a self-important bitch when he asks if he can get back to doing funny faces and fart jokes.
He is demonizing Cramer when he says, "You aren't the face of this, you shouldn't be the face of this."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

Arg how could everyone be so dumb.[/QUOTE]

So you don't think hedge funds try to manipulate stock?

NOW who's dumb?

The only funny thing about the Daily Show is that only people who THINK they're educated actually like it.

bread's done
Back