Strategy First sale on Steam (PC)

VirgiltheChicken

CAGiversary!
Surprised I didn't see this here previously. 21 games of varying quality for $59.95.
Apparently the individual titles are also on sale, but are still significantly more than the approximate $2 each if you buy the bundle. Good through Sunday 3/23.

688(I) Hunter-Killer $19.99
Alien Shooter-Vengeance $9.95
Baseball Mogul 2008 $19.95
Birth of America $14.95
Culpa Innata $19.95
Dangerous waters $14.95
Darkstar One $9.95
Disciples II: Galleans Return $19.95
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves $19.95
Ducati World Championship $19.95
FlatOut $9.95
FlatOut 2 $19.95
Fleet Command $19.95
Ghost Master $4.95
Iron Warriors: T-72 Tank Command $9.95
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold $19.95
Making History: The Calm and the Storm $29.95
Space Empires IV Deluxe $9.95
Space Empires V $14.95
Sub Command $19.5
Vegas Make It Big $9.95

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=695&cc=CA

I have only played Ghost Master and Disciples 2 previously but I can vouch for their quality.

Can we get some responses? I saw the deal, but i've never hear of *quote* ANY of them. Anything worth the money? Even though i knew about the deal, thanks for posting anyway OP.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']In theory, that's a good deal. But only about 1/4 of those titles are any good.[/quote]
688 hunter-killer, sub command, dangerous waters, fleet command are great hardcore simulation titles that probably won't be very interesting to anyone not interested in naval warfare.
baseball tycoon is supposed to be _the_ best baseball management sim, but I haven't played it
jagged alliance is supposed to be a benchmark squad combat series, haven't played it either but I've heard a lot of really good things about it.
Others I haven't really heard about.

I love the Jagged Alliance games and Jagged Alliance 2 Gold is the best if you want to try out the series imo. It's kind of old, but if you like X-Com or turn-based squad combat you should give it a try. Now that I got the Jagged Alliance theme in my head I might just play it shortly.

Disciples is great, if you like static artwork. Very little animation during battles. More interesting art than the heroes of might and magic series but less action during combat. Only one main hero and 3 subordinates per battle I think.

Ghost Master is pretty cool and relatively unique, haven't played any of the others though I've heard good things. However, Ghost Master by itself is $5 IIRC. So even people who don't get on the main deal might wanna check it out.

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']688 hunter-killer, sub command, dangerous waters, fleet command are great hardcore simulation titles that probably won't be very interesting to anyone not interested in naval warfare.
baseball tycoon is supposed to be _the_ best baseball management sim, but I haven't played it[/quote]

Fleet Command is great if you are into warfare.

And the best baseball sim is Out of the Park Baseball. It's not even close IMO.

I've seen Darkstar One in Target on like the "bargain games" section for $10 also. It's pretty new. Played the demo a year or so back and it seemed pretty great.

The Disciples games are up on Gametap if you want to try them out. (Seemed like a Heroes of Might and Magic knock off.)

Jagged Alliance 2 was WAAAAAY too hard for me, but theoretically it seems really cool. Really open world, interesting gameplay. But for me at least I felt hopelessly outmatched (take down an entire country with a teeny tiny force, basically). Probably gave up after 10-20 hours or so.

Got Ghost Master (only $3.95 that's a no-brainer), Baseball Mogul 2008 (its actually last years version I guess), and Alien Shooter-Vengeance. The prices in the OP aren't the sale prices. Besides Ghost Master the other 2 were $4.95. Good sale. These are all titles that I had considered purchasing in the past.

Target has had their Jewel Case games on sale a couple times in the past couple months for about the same price as it is on Steam if you preferred a box copy. That's where I had already gotten Darkstar One from.

So did Strategy First buy up a bunch of other properties or something? A lot of those games are from Empire.

bread's done
Back