Street Fighter 25th Anniversary (360 & PS3) $99 @ GS

Meh, this really isn't worth it for more than $50. $75 tops but that's with Amazon no tax/no shipping. The fast drop is promising to hit that though.

I'd say buy one now and don't open it. GS' holiday return policy is in effect and you have until 1/15/13 return it. If the price drops again between now and then you can always do a return/rebuy for the lower price.

If you think about it, if GS converts these to used and guts them out, the only thing they can sell is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Street Fighter X Tekken.

I am so glad I held out now a days most limited editions are not. One limited collectrs edition you guys should get if interested is the walking dead because there will only be 10.000 made.

[quote name='klimb22']I'd say buy one now and don't open it. GS' holiday return policy is in effect and you have until 1/15/13 return it. If the price drops again between now and then you can always do a return/rebuy for the lower price.

If you think about it, if GS converts these to used and guts them out, the only thing they can sell is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Street Fighter X Tekken.[/QUOTE]
im thinking the same thing

[quote name='showtimefolks'] One limited collectrs edition you guys should get if interested is the walking dead because there will only be 10.000 made.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the walking dead "CE" just the first compendium with the game? The compendium is $35 on Amazon. Terrible deal.

[quote name='Slowdance']Isn't the walking dead "CE" just the first compendium with the game? The compendium is $35 on Amazon. Terrible deal.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The only thing unique about the "CE" is the outer box. Once the game hits $20 or less and the compendium drops in price (both of which will happen), you're just gonna be left with one of 10,000 cardboard boxes that you paid way too much to buy. You would think in a thread like this where an allegedly limited CE has dropped by a third in price that people would show a little common sense. I'm wondering where all the morons who claimed this would never drop and easily sell out have gone off to?

I really doubt this will drop to $50 before the end of the year. I'd love to see it happen and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it did, but...I doubt it.

[quote name='klimb22']I'd say buy one now and don't open it. GS' holiday return policy is in effect and you have until 1/15/13 return it. If the price drops again between now and then you can always do a return/rebuy for the lower price.

If you think about it, if GS converts these to used and guts them out, the only thing they can sell is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Street Fighter X Tekken.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that GS is going to convert these to use and gut them after a next price drop whenever that will be. After this round I get the feeling it's going to get scarce.

[quote name='Slowdance']Isn't the walking dead "CE" just the first compendium with the game? The compendium is $35 on Amazon. Terrible deal.[/QUOTE]

the compendium included in the CE has different coverart

can u post link? i never heard that from gs.
also, is this worth it? i was hoping $50-$60.

Thanks OP! I went back to Gamestop and purchased the one PS3 they had left (it was sealed). I was hoping for ~$70 price, though I figured I'd have to go with Warehouse Deals and I've had bad luck with them lately. So for the extra $30 getting one in great condition with everything seemed reasonable.

[quote name='Draknight']I have a feeling that GS is going to convert these to use and gut them after a next price drop whenever that will be. After this round I get the feeling it's going to get scarce.[/QUOTE]
If they do convert them I hope someone on here reports it ahead of time or on the day of. I will be moving quite fast to get a sealed copy before it's gutted. I would hate for all that swag to get thrown away, or worse, the GS employees take it home with them.
[quote name='The Punisher']can u post link? i never heard that from gs.
also, is this worth it? i was hoping $50-$60.[/QUOTE]
GIFT GIVER'S GUARANTEE Unopened purchases made between 10/1/12 and 12/24/12 may be returned with a receipt through 1/15/13.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/holiday-survival/#ship

It's also on the bottom of your receipt. Good thing it is so you don't have to argue with GS employees.

[quote name='LagFighter']I would bite at $69.99 on PS3. Do people normally sell the included codes? I already have Third Strike Online.[/QUOTE]

I think the PS3 version contains all downloadable content on one single code, while the Xbox 360 version has them in separate codes.

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']I think the PS3 version contains all downloadable content on one single code, while the Xbox 360 version has them in separate codes.[/QUOTE]

naw, its a single code for both

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well golly if you looked at the first post, you wouldn't be needing to ask that.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be damned if I click on store pick up and nothing happens. And click check availability and nothing happens. I did fing read the whole thread...

Pretty sure it's a single code that once redeemed gives you a list of codes for all of the individual items.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Well I'll be damned if I click on store pick up and nothing happens. And click check availability and nothing happens. I did fing read the whole thread...[/QUOTE]

Something is wrong with your browser then. It's working fine for me. And the main links clearly state that it isn't available online.

I'm going for $60-$70 range....that'll teach Capcom for overchanging a recycled product and thinking fanboys would buy it in an instant

[quote name='NolbertoS']I'm going for $60-$70 range....that'll teach Capcom for overchanging a recycled product and thinking fanboys would buy it in an instant[/QUOTE]

Thing is Capcom is not losing anything on these money wise just bad PR. It's the retail stores that are losing out since they cannot move them. Capcom already made their money when these shipped to retail stores.

[quote name='Troub']Thing is Capcom is not losing anything on these money wise just bad PR. It's the retail stores that are losing out since they cannot move them. Capcom already made their money when these shipped to retail stores.[/QUOTE]
And hopefully those retail stores will then think twice before buying from Capcom ever again. Personally I hope that Capcom goes out of business soon so that more deserving companies can take over the franchises that Capcom continues to s*** on.

[quote name='dgwillia006']For 70 or 80$ I'd buy it without hesitation for PS3. Man I hope it keeps falling[/QUOTE]

me too. i want that soundtrack so bad...

[quote name='Troub']Thing is Capcom is not losing anything on these money wise just bad PR. It's the retail stores that are losing out since they cannot move them. Capcom already made their money when these shipped to retail stores.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work that way. The retailers get credits with the distributors for unsold stock to compensate them for having to slash the price and the distributor passes that cost back to the publisher which in this case is Capcom. Having said that, these were probably manufactured for maybe $25-$30 each wholesale and the codes cost nothing other than the small fee Capcom has to pay to Sony or Microsoft for maintaining the download services and licensing, so Capcom is still fine even when they drop further.

Put in holds at a couple of GameStops for store pickup. Want this too much to risk it selling out, but I'll keep it sealed and see if it drops in the holiday return period.

Bought one, keeping it sealed until January just in case there is a drop. $40 in trade-ins, $25 off any gamestop coupon, got it for around $30 out of pocket.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Bought one, keeping it sealed until January just in case there is a drop. $40 in trade-ins, $25 off any gamestop coupon, got it for around $30 out of pocket.[/QUOTE]
You are aware that if there is a price drop and you do a return/rebuy there is no way they can reapply that $25 coupon.

Ahh, this is true, completely forgot about that fact. I may as well just open it up and part out the pieces then, get rid of the games I already have. Thanks for reminding me.

bread's done
Back