Street Fighter IV Fightpads Available on Bestbuy.com

Thanks for the post man, I've been looking all over for these with no luck.... finally got to snag one. Thanks again. :)

After weeks of changing my mind among the Madcatz SF4 $80 stick and pads, and the Hori EX2, I chose the cheapest and fastest option. I'm a total fighting game noob and only wanted to play SF4 without throwing the regular controller at the TV. I figure I haven't played a fighting game since SF2 on SNES, so this is probably the most familiar input system. $50 w/ tax&ship. Thanks OP for finding this in stock!

The 360 one is wired right? I'd rather have wired, so maybe I'll get the 360 version.

Are these actually decent though? It sounded like they were kind of 'floaty' or something-the d-pad I mean.

I shouldn't get anything anyway, as I'd probably tear up my thumbs :(

I wish I liked the Ryu art better. (I'm not actually sure I like the art in Street Fighter 4 at all, though it might look much better in person.)

The D-pad is floaty and it works great. You'll be pulling off supers and ultras whenever you want in n o time. I put in my order, hopefully I get them est. arrival date is 3/10-3/13.

Tempting. The Blanka controller not being in the list sucks. Guess I'll have to pick one of the others ;;

Missed out on Amazon selling these earlier this week, but hey, at least I can get the Ryu pad I wanted :D

Well, hopefully that means that my Ryu 360 controller that I ordered in mid February that was in stock then went to backorder is shipping soon. Ya know, if they are selling it and showing it in stock again.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']The D-pad is floaty and it works great. You'll be pulling off supers and ultras whenever you want in n o time. I put in my order, hopefully I get them est. arrival date is 3/10-3/13.[/QUOTE]

Isn't floaty bad though? I mean I typically associate floaty with bad, which is why I'm confused.

My favorite pads so far (for reference) are the Genesis 6-button and especially Saturn pad, which to me would be the opposite of floaty (but I may not even be using the term right!)

And why the hey, in 2005-2009, can't Microsoft make a good d-pad? especially when they DID on all their previous game pads, stretching back a decade? (And why is the 360 pad so close to perfect, and then they mess up something that was nailed pretty well in the mid-80's? :D)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Isn't floaty bad though? I mean I typically associate floaty with bad, which is why I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

floaty is bad. the pad on this controller works well enough, though. don't expect to have tournament-level precision, but if you're buying a pad at all then i suppose you're not.

the decision to go with a floaty pad is weird, though. i can only imagine how much better it would be without it.

Thanks elitecaboose!
grabbed a chun li PS3 one. I don't play as any of the characters on any of them but I like the chun li colors.
I canceled my buy.com pre-order but havent gotten my money back into my paypal yet, anyone know how that works?

Well that was FAST. They are ALL OUT OF STICK NOW except the Chun-Li pad for the PS3.:hot:

I should have grabbed a RYU one 10 mins ago while they were still showing in stock.:cold:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Isn't floaty bad though? I mean I typically associate floaty with bad, which is why I'm confused.
[/QUOTE]

By floaty it means that the pad doesn't actually touch the controller, but is floating about maybe 1/8". Even if i press it all the way I'm not sure if it's touching. It works really well for a d-pad though. If I could remember how the genesis and Saturn pads were I would compare them, but I sold my SS awhile ago. Also not only is it better than the 360 controller, it also has the 6-face button layout. If you use charge characters I would get a stick.

[quote name='Wolfpup']And why the hey, in 2005-2009, can't Microsoft make a good d-pad? especially when they DID on all their previous game pads, stretching back a decade? (And why is the 360 pad so close to perfect, and then they mess up something that was nailed pretty well in the mid-80's? :D)[/quote]
Simple. Microsoft wanted to be cheap, save some $$s.

Picked up a 360 Ryu one for the Gameshark link, thanks for that. Was 49.99 with tax and shipping, wasn't happy about that but I've been looking for one for weeks.

Three gamestops in my mall, one said shipments were sent out to alot of stores this week, and they should be getting theirs either tomorrow or Monday(he had looked it up in the computer.) Another store said end of the month without even looking anything up, though.

Trying to order from the Gameshark site, but it's being slow as hell for me, and will likely sell out by the time the pages all load.

Have you guys tried checking your local gamestops online? I checked around my area about 2 weeks ago, it showed one with stock down the street, called them up, they had 1 left, so I got lucky, Ken PS3 version.

[quote name='tobi54']Have you guys tried checking your local gamestops online? I checked around my area about 2 weeks ago, it showed one with stock down the street, called them up, they had 1 left, so I got lucky, Ken PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I was able to grab a Ken PS3 fightpad without a preorder at GS when I bought the game. Didn't realize these were tough to come by.

[quote name='tobi54']Have you guys tried checking your local gamestops online? I checked around my area about 2 weeks ago, it showed one with stock down the street, called them up, they had 1 left, so I got lucky, Ken PS3 version.[/quote]

Do you have the link for them on the website? They don't come up in the normal listings, usually I google the links for pages on their site that don't show up, but I had no luck when I tried

Here's a extra 10% code for the Gameshark site. They sent me two for some reason. Might have to do with the lag.

g1236261885

Seems they only have Ryu for PS3 left.

[quote name='Shady3011']Here's a extra 10% code for the Gameshark site. They sent me two for some reason. Might have to do with the lag.

g1236261885

Seems they only have Ryu for PS3 left.[/quote]
That coupon will make it sweeter. Thanks!

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I already got a "Your shipment is on its way" email with a UPS tracking #. Thanks OP.[/quote]

Me too! Score of the day, OP, thanks!

[quote name='tobi54']Have you guys tried checking your local gamestops online? I checked around my area about 2 weeks ago, it showed one with stock down the street, called them up, they had 1 left, so I got lucky, Ken PS3 version.[/quote]

How did you locate them on the site? I tried both "fightpad" and "fight pad" and nothing shows up.

bread's done
Back