Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition (360/PS3) $125 w/Free Ship at Buy.com

Still in stock, but I can't bring myself to order it. That's a lot of cashola for something I probably wouldn't use much. If it dips below $100 I might bite.

[quote name='morphineseason']So, on second thought, can anyone recommend a nice beginner fight stick that's quite a bit cheaper, but would still hold up to some abuse and feel fairly comfortable?

edit: Thanks for the info Helmet. Not sure if I want to get into that level of fight sticks yet. Kind of just looking for something a little more "casual" if it can even be classified as that.[/QUOTE]

get the TE. for 125 its really the best you can get. any "begginer" ones will run you about half that, but will not be as fun to use, wont feel as genuine and will need modding to make them compete. doing any modding to any lower stick really destroys the purpose of owning it. get the TE for the 360. its compatible with all the great xbox1 fighting games too. plus you can use it for your pc (without any modding) so theres that whole world of arcade emulation that gets opened up to you.

[quote name='morphineseason']So, on second thought, can anyone recommend a nice beginner fight stick that's quite a bit cheaper, but would still hold up to some abuse and feel fairly comfortable?

edit: Thanks for the info Helmet. Not sure if I want to get into that level of fight sticks yet. Kind of just looking for something a little more "casual" if it can even be classified as that.[/QUOTE]

You could try getting a Street Fighter IV SE; it starts at $80, but you can get open box ones on Amazon for $60. Fair warning; this stick is of much, much lower quality than the TE. The bright side, though, is the SE stick uses quick disconnects internally, just like the TE. This means you can get Japanese arcade parts from LizardLick for $50 shipped, and replace all the buttons and stick using only a screwdriver.

This is what I keep hoping to do, although I want to find an SE a little cheaper since I'm going to rip most of the parts out of it. ^_^

Well, so far Amazon isn't budging on their price to try and match Buy.com. I really want to use my 50% off coupon through Amazon, but I know they'll drop the price at some point.

[quote name='Maikeroppi']You could try getting a Street Fighter IV SE; it starts at $80, but you can get open box ones on Amazon for $60. Fair warning; this stick is of much, much lower quality than the TE. The bright side, though, is the SE stick uses quick disconnects internally, just like the TE. This means you can get Japanese arcade parts from LizardLick for $50 shipped, and replace all the buttons and stick using only a screwdriver.

This is what I keep hoping to do, although I want to find an SE a little cheaper since I'm going to rip most of the parts out of it. ^_^[/QUOTE]

i really like this solution and did it for a friend (we put a seimitsu stick). Its a portable 100% arcade-parts stick for around 120. Easy mod and feels very solid :)

do they usually price match right away? Its not really a fair example, but didnt blazblue go on sale on buy (or some other non-amazon site), and then only after it went back to regular price amazon, dropped theirs. I could be remembering incorrectly though.

[quote name='Japakneez']Its a portable 100% arcade-parts stick for around 120.[/QUOTE]

A) The TE isn't "portable"? Do you have to rent a U-Haul to move it?
B) The TE is only $125 right now, even less with bing.com cashback, but without all the extra work.

To each his own, but I'll take a TE over modding a SE if they're the same price.

[quote name='BingoBrown']A) The TE isn't "portable"? Do you have to rent a U-Haul to move it?
B) The TE is only $125 right now, even less with bing.com cashback, but without all the extra work.

To each his own, but I'll take a TE over modding a SE if they're the same price.[/QUOTE]
I think it's more of a size preference. The SE stick is considerably smaller and lighter, making it easier for lap play than the TE. Also, with modding, you get the choice of colors of stick and buttons, and possibly better buttons than the TE.

Don't get me wrong; the TE is a great stick. Just the SE stick is a decent entry point to try out arcade controls, and it has an easy upgrade path if you get more serious in the future. I think it's a much better option than a Hori EX2.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Well, so far Amazon isn't budging on their price to try and match Buy.com. I really want to use my 50% off coupon through Amazon, but I know they'll drop the price at some point.[/QUOTE]

this.

i really want to buy it as i just got my coupon too

Wow, great deal. Build of the stick makes it worth it at $150.

People who're reluctant to take the offer since they don't play fighting games should consider one for arcade/shmups as well. I don't do much fighting games myself, but this has made some XBLA titles a real treat to play.

[quote name='Maikeroppi']I think it's more of a size preference. The SE stick is considerably smaller and lighter, making it easier for lap play than the TE. Also, with modding, you get the choice of colors of stick and buttons, and possibly better buttons than the TE.

Don't get me wrong; the TE is a great stick. Just the SE stick is a decent entry point to try out arcade controls, and it has an easy upgrade path if you get more serious in the future. I think it's a much better option than a Hori EX2.[/QUOTE]
Even though I know the arguement is about price, just want to say that the TE is just as modable, but of course ups the cost. Outside of price, its more dependant on how big/heavy you want the base stick to be/where you can play/etc.

I keep reminding myself that I need to get a correct screwdriver/hexkey for my TE so I can switch to the bat top and button colors I ordered awhile ago.

Hmm... I got my Amazon 50% coupon yesterday and was about to pull the trigger when this showed up. I'm not sure if I want to just pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition for practically free (150 - 75 - 15 - 10, plus the gift card) and buy the TE stick for $125... or buy my stick today for about 10 bucks + have it by Friday... hmm...

I guess I'll be buying my TE stick on Amazon... and tomorrow, they'll probably price match... damn it...

If you're thinking about modding a SE, just get the TE, because it will save you a lot of time and effort.

My bro modded his SE with Sanwa parts and it was a PITA. The buttons didn't fit perfectly so he had to sand the button holes to get them to fit right. Even after he did that there was some minor warping on the art when the buttons finally snapped it. Also, the quick disconnects were a pain in the ass to remove. He actually broke one of the them while trying to get it off the stock buttons.

I am just going to buy a stick from arcade in a box (sometime in the distant future) so that I can use it on my 360, PS3 (and play PS2 games). Those sticks are confirmed (by ign.com) to be Backwards compatible with PS2 games running on a 60 gig PS3.

[quote name='mhnajjar']Is there a way to get the PS3 version to work with the 360 for at least the arcade games?[/QUOTE]
Need another PCB and some soldering skills from what I've read on dual modding.

Pretty good deal considering these went for $400-500 on ebay not too long ago...but I decided to go with a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA stick, that I ordered from Japan. Hori sticks compared to a Madcatz design, no question. Yes the TE has Sanwa parts and is pretty solid and built well - but if you want authentic arcade fight stick - go with a Hori, you won't regret it!

good deal! just bought one with the above coupon. i don't even have sf IV yet...lol. anyone try using the stick with soul calibur or virtua fighter on the 360?

[quote name='s2k']Xbox stick to work on ps3 is easy but ps3 to work on xbox is kind of a pain.[/QUOTE]
can you really do that? how??

Yeah, how?!? 'Cause if you can, I'd get one-I just want to be able to hit all three platforms, not two out of three :whistle2:/

Got mine today! This was a great deal, and I'm finally going to keep this one. I got a few already, but had to ebay them. So glad that I can finally keep this one, now that the market is saturated.

i dont know if anyone knows but whats the difference between the sf4 te stick and the hori real arcade pro 3-sa edition for the ps3 that is coming out in october? its about a 30 dollar difference and ive done some research and they all use roughly the same parts... so is one better than another?

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']i dont know if anyone knows but whats the difference between the sf4 te stick and the hori real arcade pro 3-sa edition for the ps3 that is coming out in october? its about a 30 dollar difference and ive done some research and they all use roughly the same parts... so is one better than another?[/QUOTE]

No, they are both equally great. They have the same parts and you will be happy with the one you choose.

I have both sticks...actually the PS2 version of that HRAP (same damn thing).

bread's done
Back