Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

So, sorry if this has been answered in the previous pages... but is Gamestop selling this Tuesday or Wednesday? I haven't gotten a pre-order pickup call today but I will be near GS on my way out tomorrow.

sendme: I always use Amazon and from my experiences they give a much later expected time than they'll actually ship or arrive.

[quote name='dg7md']So, sorry if this has been answered in the previous pages... but is Gamestop selling this Tuesday or Wednesday? I haven't gotten a pre-order pickup call today but I will be near GS on my way out tomorrow.

sendme: I always use Amazon and from my experiences they give a much later expected time than they'll actually ship or arrive.[/quote]

It appears that it depends. I called a few of my local Gamestops, and two of them said they'd have it at some point tomorrow, and one said they wouldn't have it until Wednesday.

The two that said they would have it said they would have very limited quantities; not enough even to fill the preorders, so getting it is first-come-first-served.

Quote from MADACATZ

"As with all complex precision-engineered products, there is always a chance that a tiny percentage of product may exhibit a fault," said Verrey, adding, "This is TOTALLY normal and not at all unexpected. Usually this is due to circumstances beyond our control but this does NOT mean that there is any kind of inherent fault with the design or manufacture of the product." Verrey advises all customers who have encountered a problem to contact Mad Catz direct

This sounds alot like Microsoft saying the 360 defective rates were perfectly normal.

[quote name='jdeluis']Someone on Neogaf already has their CE copy.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14800609&postcount=7194

For anybody that has an account on the Neogaf or has it already, would you mind asking if the game comes sealed inside the box?[/quote]

why would this matter?
i believe all CE, the back of the game would say NOT FOR RESALE.

assuming ure gonna be a SE one then return it whenever u get ur online order?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Furashu']why would this matter?

assuming ure gonna be a SE one then return it whenever u get ur online order?[/quote]

[quote name='jdeluis']Yep. We are not going to receive it by the 17th.

I went to the SF4 event yesterday and they had the CE on display. The CE has the regular edition packed in the box with the full barcode. Now I just need to find out if it comes sealed inside the box. That way I can pick up the regular edition while I wait for the CE to arrive. :bouncy:[/quote]

?

[quote name='Furashu']why would this matter?

assuming ure gonna be a SE one then return it whenever u get ur online order?[/quote]

Duh. That's the best way to do it. I, too, would love to know if the game is sealed. If it's not.. that's a big problem.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Duh. That's the best way to do it. I, too, would love to know if the game is sealed. If it's not.. that's a big problem.[/quote]

didnt read earlier.... Yay for full barcode and non not for resale crap...

[quote name='Labbo94']So SFIV should be in GameStop tomorrow? All of this ship date/sale date bullshit is really confusing.[/quote]

after reading like four other forums it pretty much depends on each gamestop.

[quote name='Furashu']after reading like four other forums it pretty much depends on each gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Alright, that's what I figured. Thanks.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Looks like the ce is not worth the extra 20 dollars.[/quote]

Well considering you get a soundtrack (worth $10), an 80-minute anime (worth $10), a DLC pack (worth $4), and then the figure ($5 maybe?) then I still think it's worth it. The figure is the least of my concerns. I want the soundtrack, Blu-Ray anime (I have it on PS3) and the DLC pack (hopefully I'll be able to get the beauty pack.)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Tite. My GC confirmed to me that they should get the shipment in by 11 AM. Whoever kept harping on people that it would 100% come on Wednesday because of the holiday today: STFU.[/quote]

OK let me explain myself.

First: I assumed since Monday was a Federal holiday, UPS/Fed Ex wouldn't deliver. I was wrong, I apologize. I actually got my PS3 TE in today, pics on my Facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1498&id=1366723580&l=ee440

Second: I was told on Sunday by the third key at my local Gamestop where I have my pre-order that the game was shipping on Tuesday and they COULDN'T sell it until Wednesday. Today I talked to the asst. manager (who is in charge as the manager is on vacation) and he told me the real scoop in that he along with most of the other STL area management were showing up at the UPS distro (Earth City, MO for us) at 7 a.m. Tuesday, getting their shipment for the day, then driving it back to their stores so they would have it when they open.

I was misinformed and I apologize. Always go up as high on the food chain as you can, right? :)

Now to answer the question of whether it will be in on Tuesday or not. How far away is your UPS distro from you if you know? Is it less than a 3-4 hour drive? How big an area do you live in? Gamestop's in small towns/rural areas probably won't get it until Wednesday. Those in large metro area's SHOULD have them sometime tomorrow.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK let me explain myself.

First: I assumed since Monday was a Federal holiday, UPS/Fed Ex wouldn't deliver. I was wrong, I apologize. I actually got my PS3 TE in today, pics on my Facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1498&id=1366723580&l=ee440

Second: I was told on Sunday by the third key at my local Gamestop where I have my pre-order that the game was shipping on Tuesday and they COULDN'T sell it until Wednesday. Today I talked to the asst. manager (who is in charge as the manager is on vacation) and he told me the real scoop in that he along with most of the other STL area management were showing up at the UPS distro (Earth City, MO for us) at 7 a.m. Tuesday, getting their shipment for the day, then driving it back to their stores so they would have it when they open.

I was misinformed and I apologize. Always go up as high on the food chain as you can, right? :)

Now to answer the question of whether it will be in on Tuesday or not. How far away is your UPS distro from you if you know? Is it less than a 3-4 hour drive? How big an area do you live in? Gamestop's in small towns/rural areas probably won't get it until Wednesday. Those in large metro area's SHOULD have them sometime tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't referring to you, but that's ok :) There was some other poster who got on my nerves a few pages back.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Quote from MADACATZ

"As with all complex precision-engineered products, there is always a chance that a tiny percentage of product may exhibit a fault," said Verrey, adding, "This is TOTALLY normal and not at all unexpected. Usually this is due to circumstances beyond our control but this does NOT mean that there is any kind of inherent fault with the design or manufacture of the product." Verrey advises all customers who have encountered a problem to contact Mad Catz direct

This sounds alot like Microsoft saying the 360 defective rates were perfectly normal.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. The te stick is made with time tested incredibly robust components designed for use in highly abusive conditions. And the 360 is made from new components with crap reliability in a crapily designed housing.

This is like building a house out of bricks and it still getting blown down while the 360 is made of straw and its obviously going down.

Well it's the STANDARD fight stick that seems to have the most amount of problems, then to a lesser degree the fight pads then to a much lesser degree the TE sticks. If the shyrouken forums ever recover, and more CAG's get stuff over the next few days, we can get a more accurate estimate.

No problems at all so far with the TE stick for me.

My buddy is the manager of his store and he said they're getting it tomorrow. Or rather one location in STL is getting them. He actually is going to that store earlier in the morning to pick their copies up and bring them to his store. He said they got the shipments early so they should be all good to get your copies tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know. It could be from store to store but from what it sounds like they've been sitting on these for a bit.

EDIT: I'm talking about GameStop btw.

I was just checking Amazon to see if my order status had updated or anything, and it is showing the in stock date as the 19th now. (my preorder says 19th for estimated delivery)

I wish they had offered release date delivery shipping.

[quote name='zewone']You're going to want the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate, Panda (since the SE uses a Sanwa knock off).

I remember reading that, but you might want to double check, but I'm fairly certain.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks Zew. I'll have to see if I can find a stick again since I returned mine. Couldn't do QCF motions regularly and comfortably. It just felt awkward with the square box.

[quote name='zewone']You're going to want the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate, Panda (since the SE uses a Sanwa knock off).

I remember reading that, but you might want to double check, but I'm fairly certain.[/quote] Yeah, it has the tabs similar to a Sanwa JLF that holds the restricter plate. So Panda should be good in using the octagonal gate.
dscn0118ca9.jpg

Let me know how the joystick feels. The one thing I hate about the hori sticks I've used is that they feel loose. The Sanwa JLF on my custom is tight and precise.

[quote name='zewone']Did you have any problems returning it? I'm going to take mine back tomorrow.

My HRAP EX comes in tomorrow morning :cool::

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234862921&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

At first the moronic GS employee tried to tell me I might not be able to return it because I opened it. Then I reminded him of their 7 day return policy on used and opened accessories...he took the receipt and read it. Then he tried to tell me it was only for new ones. Then I took it out of his hand again, fucking re-read the sentence, and he, like a moron, replied "Oh. OK." And he asked his co-worker, she didn't know shit either and suggested to ask John, whom I assume was their manager, and he was like yeah sure take it back. $$$$as can't read or listen.

Oop. NM. Music was talkin' to Zew.

Zewone should be fine with the stick since the HRAP EX has a Sanwa JLF. Just the buttons are a hit or a miss, since those are Hori buttons.

Jeez I'm tempted to go and trade a buttload of games to get this tomorrow, but I would HAVE to get a FightPad as well. Must... have... patience...

Yay! One more day...I have half my order paid off but I have a couple games to trade in to finish it up.

I am not going with the fight stick though...I like me some street fighter but I am not that hardcore about it yet. Maybe in the future when they are a little bit cheaper.

Man, I just found out this doesnt have a air block. That is going to take a while to get used to not having.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was just a title update...can't figure out what it did though.

I've put about 10+ hours into the game, and I really like most everything except the music and the online implementation. The matches have been mostly lag-free, but I do have a few complaints:

*No quarter match / more than 2 player lobbies
*10-30 second "Now Saving" after each online match
*Statistics for Ranked and Player matches grouped together
*Minor complaint: there is nothing quick about "Quick Match"
*Can't limit online Arcade mode interrupt to friends only

I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, I just think the developers could have put some more effort into the online modes. I do like the Battle Points system though.

[quote name='CheapyD']
I've put about 10+ hours into the game, and I really like most everything except the music and the online implementation. [/quote]

IN-DEH-STRUCTABLE!! :lol:

I haven't got the slightest idea why Capcom hired the Backstreet Boys to do the SF4 theme song.

[quote name='CheapyD']There was just a title update...can't figure out what it did though.

I've put about 10+ hours into the game, and I really like most everything except the music and the online implementation. The matches have been mostly lag-free, but I do have a few complaints:

I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, I just think the developers could have put some more effort into the online modes. I do like the Battle Points system though.[/QUOTE]

I agree on all points. The game is solid, but with some more care put into the online aspects it could have been amazing. Luckily, all complaints are patchable, if Capcom feels so inclined.

My biggest problem is definitely the music. I'd kill for some SF2 tunes.

[quote name='CheapyD']There was just a title update...can't figure out what it did though.

I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, I just think the developers could have put some more effort into the online modes. I do like the Battle Points system though.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy, is it because you're playing this on the 360 that you're having trouble finding matches in Quick match? I'd assume since you're in Japan, most SF players bought it for the PS3?

The "problem" with quick match is that there aren't a ton of people playing on the 360 right now, and it's basically the same thing as doing a criteria search without a criteria, instead of just putting you in a match. You still have to choose your opponent from a list.

It's not a huge deal and there will be plenty of more players starting tomorrow.

[quote name='zewone']The "problem" with quick match is that there aren't a ton of people playing on the 360 right now, and it's basically the same thing as doing a criteria search without a criteria, instead of just putting you in a match. You still have to choose your opponent from a list.

It's not a huge deal and there will be plenty of more players starting tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, I think the SF IV developers didn't really understand what "Quick Match" is supposed to do! I have no problem getting a game now, I just create a room and someone joins pretty quickly. I think the Japanese smell fresh blood when they see my English language option displayed.

The quality of play of some of these guys is amazing.

T-Minus 3 hours & 14 minutes til I pick mine up.
Can't wait, getting together with the old crew tonight and we're gonna party like it's 1992 !!!!
Drink some beers & schmoke some weed while playing street fighter.
I have 2 of the fightpads, so it'll be just like the old SNES days, only better.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I think the SF IV developers didn't really understand what "Quick Match" is supposed to do! I have no problem getting a game now, I just create a room and someone joins pretty quickly. I think the Japanese smell fresh blood when they see my English language option displayed.

The quality of play of some of these guys is amazing.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better I'll be losing something in the neighborhood of 462 straight matches in about two hours. I can never remember, is multiplayer on the 360 region locked? Know I've played against people from all kinds of countries on the XBox. Hopefully the first bit of DLC, the championship pack or whatever it's called, will start to address some of the matchmaking issues.

Of course I can't sleep so I'm going to go pick up the game, unwrap it, then promptly pass out in my chair with a 10 pound fightstick on my lap. Naturally if I'm truly lucky I'll also start to slump to one side and being a rolling office chair it'll start to tip over and I'll jump not realizing what's on my lap and dump $150 on the floor.

Gonna start adding some people to my friends on XBL since I'm not falling asleep sitting here getting more excited. ShineyBlueShoes if you get an invite or want to add me to pad your record.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I was just checking Amazon to see if my order status had updated or anything, and it is showing the in stock date as the 19th now. (my preorder says 19th for estimated delivery)
[/QUOTE]

Yeap, Amazon got the shaft with this one. Mine is estimated the same for shipment so actual go time will probably be next week. Idc much though because with my Visa Amazon Card I'm getting the Collector's Edition for like $40 after all my rewards.

From what I have seen. Capcom could have put some more effort into the game Like CheapyD says.

#1. Music ain't so great
#2. Character select screen does not show Alternate costume (or color)
#3. knock downs are too generic Why does Cami fall down and get up the same way Zangief does. Looks like capcom stole some cost cutting measures from MIDWAY and MK and the SF4 characters share some of their moves or animations just a re-skin, but no where near the 70% of Mortal Kombat.
#4. Too much eye candy and speial effects get in the way fire balls and flaming guages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRyZ2phw3g

#5. And all the Extra DLC like Costumes and Reply viewer shoukd have been included in the $60 we have to pay at least the $80 collectors.

#6. And there was no reason to Leave Out Fan Favorites IBUKI, DeeJAY, and THawk. My guess is they PULL A NAMCO Soul Caliber Move and start selling Extra fighters. Like Namco sold Vader and Yoda.

The only paid DLC is going to be the costumes. The replay viewer, as well as Championship Mode are coming via patch this week.

bread's done
Back