Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

I've only been at work for 40 minutes, and I'm starting to look at the clock already, wishing I was working from home so I could go grab this at 10am sharp. Should have worked from home today...

So people are having some issues with the Standard Stick? I was planning on picking one up to mod...perhaps wait?

[quote name='Ice Cold']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRyZ2phw3g
#6. And there was no reason to Leave Out Fan Favorites IBUKI, DeeJAY, and THawk. My guess is they PULL A NAMCO Soul Caliber Move and start selling Extra fighters. Like Namco sold Vader and Yoda.[/quote]

Actually, there is a reason. They wanted nothing to do with SF3. And sorry, T. Hawk and Dee Jay are hardly fan favorites in the majority.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I picked up my CE from Gamestop tonight. I'd open it and start playing, but I have work at 7:45AM.[/quote]

is the actual game inside the CE box sealed?

[quote name='Ice Cold']
#2. Character select screen does not show Alternate costume (or color)[/quote]

Yeah it confuses me as to why the alternate colors are represented by a number like 01, 02, instead of the colors name. Seriously, what were they thinking.

Just got back from picking it up and I'm installing it now. Interesting note: There's art inside the box.

I didn't get back earlier cuz they had it setup there so I played through Arcade on Easiest with C Viper to unlock Cammy and I perfected Seth :) Then the manager, my friend said he play me with a character he didn't know how to play (Scared to death because he's really good) and I won :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah it confuses me as to why the alternate colors are represented by a number like 01, 02, instead of the colors name. Seriously, what were they thinking.[/QUOTE]

The numbers are colored. Not a big deal. You'll remember what color looks like what easily.

[quote name='zewone']The numbers are colored. Not a big deal. You'll remember what color looks like what easily.[/quote]

Ohh i see, i never noticed the numbers were colored. But still, why not just name the color instead of showing a number. Colorblind gamers never get a break. :cry:

Pretty lame that with overnight shipping I still have to wait until the 19th to get mine from Amazon. Oh well...it will be well worth the wait.

[quote name='Furashu']is the actual game inside the CE box sealed?[/quote]

Yes it is. Similar to the MGS 4/SC IV games in the not for resale sticker in the place of the UPC code.

17 songs on the soundtrack. Watching the anime now. DLC pack is the Brawler's Pack.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes it is. Similar to the MGS 4/SC IV games in the not for resale sticker in the place of the UPC code.

17 songs on the soundtrack. Watching the anime now. DLC pack is the Brawler's Pack.[/quote]

Thank you! Finally someone answered the question. Going to have to use some goo gone to remove that sticker. Just to confirm, the sticker is on the outside sealed packaging?

Both Gamestops in Cherry Hill, NJ had copies, but I have too many giftcards not to wait for Best Buy to start selling it tomorrow.

OMG! I WON AN ONLINE RANKED MATCH! I R GREATST SF PLAYR EVR!!! No, just kidding, but I did seriously win my first online ranked match, using Cammy against Ken.

Also, even on Easiest it seems, Seth is a CHEATING WHORE!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='jalu6']Both Gamestops in Cherry Hill, NJ had copies, but I have too many giftcards not to wait for Best Buy to start selling it tomorrow.[/quote]

Same here. Going to get the 360 regular version and PS3 CE if it's available.

I actually was going to buy the PS3 version at Gamecrazy today but turns out one of the d-bag employees was working there this morning and gave me the old no pre-order, no purchase song and dance even though 2 other non-douche employees over the past few days said I could buy it when they get it in today.

[quote name='jdeluis']Thank you! Finally someone answered the question. Going to have to use some goo gone to remove that sticker. Just to confirm, the sticker is on the outside sealed packaging?[/quote]

[quote name='sengar']Yep, it's definitely not a sticker - looks like they printed different case labels for the CEs.[/quote]

Check the DD Street Fighter IV Preorder thread under Deals.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Pretty lame that with overnight shipping I still have to wait until the 19th to get mine from Amazon. Oh well...it will be well worth the wait.[/quote]

Same here...ordered it from amazon with 1 day shipping. Oh well i have GTA Lost and Damned to play.

BAwlin!!! Gamestop called me today at 1pm to go pick it up TODAY! 2-17.

pics as proof and receipt. Awesome full color game manual and thicker than Gears of war 2, EA should take notice and stop shipping games with Black and white 4 page manuals.

secret code on the back of the Game manual I guess for Registration you get some DLC goodie.

I am in Miami by the. Hurry up kids even Best Buy and Target have Broken street date and TRU.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/MikeL1/sf3.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/MikeL1/sf1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/MikeL1/sf2.jpg

What are you talking about Ice Cold?

It comes out today...there is no one breaking street date. If you got it yesterday it would have...but not today.

[quote name='GuardianE']Check the DD Street Fighter IV Preorder thread under Deals.[/quote]

I just checked. :bomb:

[quote name='jdeluis']Thank you! Finally someone answered the question. Going to have to use some goo gone to remove that sticker. Just to confirm, the sticker is on the outside sealed packaging?[/quote]

There's no sticker. Just where the UPC code usually is there is a box saying Not for Resale. Of course, Gamestop/GC would still take it in for trade and you could still sell it on EBay but the game box does have a label that says CE so I don't know why you would get rid of it.

Story spoiler from the anime.
C. Viper is a CIA double agent trying to bring down S.I.N. from within.

C. Viper is prominent in the anime and is Seth's top agent. Abel is shown coming up to Chun Li, Guile, and Cammy at the end. Others in the anime are Seth, Ryu, Ken, Sakura, Eliza, Balrog, and Vega. No sign of any of the others.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Same here...ordered it from amazon with 1 day shipping. Oh well i have GTA Lost and Damned to play.[/quote]

It's kind of looking like Amazon messed up on this one. It's sounding like their first shipment of the game will be in on the 19th. People reporting preorders from back in November having the 19th delivery estimate as well, so I doubt it's a case of filling all their preorder alotment.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a hunch orders will go out on the 19th and unless you got 1 day shipping you won't receive it till next week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes it is. Similar to the MGS 4/SC IV games in the not for resale sticker in the place of the UPC code.

17 songs on the soundtrack. Watching the anime now. DLC pack is the

Brawler's Pack.[/quote]

donno if this is just for the ps3 version but i knew it.. most CE's say NOT FOR RESALE

DSC04607.jpg
dont see why they wouldnt do the same for the 360 version, that for sure is not a stick but the actual dang print.

[quote name='Ice Cold']BAwlin!!! Gamestop called me today at 1pm to go pick it up TODAY! 2-17.

pics as proof and receipt. Awesome full color game manual and thicker than Gears of war 2, EA should take notice and stop shipping games with Black and white 4 page manuals.

secret code on the back of the Game manual I guess for Registration you get some DLC goodie.

I am in Miami by the. Hurry up kids even Best Buy and Target have Broken street date and TRU.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/MikeL1/sf2.jpg[/quote]

noob lulz

[quote name='Ice Cold']BAwlin!!! Gamestop called me today at 1pm to go pick it up TODAY! 2-17.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/MikeL1/sf2.jpg[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

got mine today woooo

didn't even pre-order, but the GS employees where I just moved are pretty nice dudes,and even let get the pre-order bonus on my trade-in as the dude was walking in with the boxes from distro.

[quote name='Furashu']donno if this is just for the ps3 version but i knew it.. most CE's say NOT FOR RESALE

DSC04607.jpg
dont see why they wouldnt do the same for the 360 version, that for sure is not a stick but the actual dang print.[/quote]

Yeah that's what I was talking about. FYI did your DLC code work? Mine hasn't and I was just wondering if it's because that pack isn't on the PSN store yet. It's up in the Markeplace though for you 360 CE owners.

Sony does stuff differently I guess. Don't work, though. Gamestop does take "not for resale" stuff, and so does eBay...I think. I know for certain Gamestop does as I've seen that stuff in my local one.

Also, I just unlocked Akuma using Cammy. Seth was really easy that time. I guess it's because I've figured out his pattern or something. But anyways, I'm going to beat Arcade with Akuma, and then we'll see about getting Gouken.

[quote name='KingBroly']Sony does stuff differently I guess. Don't work, though. Gamestop does take "not for resale" stuff, and so does eBay...I think. I know for certain Gamestop does as I've seen that stuff in my local one.

Also, I just unlocked Akuma using Cammy. Seth was really easy that time. I guess it's because I've figured out his pattern or something. But anyways, I'm going to beat Arcade with Akuma, and then we'll see about getting Gouken.[/quote]

still for those who are waiting on lame back order emails.. we wanted to buy the regular game then return the game that comes with the CE, but there goes that plan:bomb::roll:

point taken. You could still probably get retail price on some auction sites though, or at the very least minimize your losses.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/MikeL1/sf2.jpg[/quote]

cool.. i know where that gs is.. i wonder if the local bb got it already...item locator seems to say it does

Picked it up this morning.

I actually was going to buy the PS3 version at Gamecrazy today but turns out one of the d-bag employees was working there this morning and gave me the old no pre-order, no purchase song and dance even though 2 other non-douche employees over the past few days said I could buy it when they get it in today.

We were notified yesterday afternoon around 5pm that we would not be getting as many as we initially thought that we would. There's going to be more coming in either tomorrow or the next day.

It's still beyond me why people here think they're too good to preorder.. so you run around store to store, wasting gas and hoping one's in stock.

[quote name='Furashu']everyone should boycott the dam costumes, they should just come with the game.[/QUOTE]

That's right, vote with your wallet!

I'm pretty beside myself right now. Just unlocked Akuma, took a 15 minute break came back, went through Arcade Mode hoping to unlock Gouken, and got 2 Perfects, 3 UC's on the way. Only problem is...I forgot to beat Arcade Mode with Akuma first :cry:

[quote name='Scorch']Picked it up this morning.

We were notified yesterday afternoon around 5pm that we would not be getting as many as we initially thought that we would. There's going to be more coming in either tomorrow or the next day.

It's still beyond me why people here think they're too good to preorder.. so you run around store to store, wasting gas and hoping one's in stock.[/QUOTE]

Preordering requires two trips as well. People aren't too good to preorder. But it feels like I could walk into and ask them if they had a copy of Carmageddon and they would say "Do you have a preorder?" Preorders are like plans, some people don't want to make them until the last second and some people like to have them months ahead of time. I happen to fall in the former even if that means I have to do a bit of extra driving on the release date.

BTW... I have a walmart and GS side by side. Walmart hadn't put theirs out yet and GS asked me if I had a preorder, which I replied "no", but they were feeling generous and let me take one home today. Sometimes it feels like GS should be in Russia.

WTF IS WRONG WITH CAPCOM! they're releasing the game in canada, tommorow but they forgot to tell anyone so I stood in front of best buy for an hour, only to be told they won't be getting it til tommorow. is it that much effort to have a simultaneous NA release date? SERIOUSLY!

[quote name='Scorch']

It's still beyond me why people here think they're too good to preorder.. so you run around store to store, wasting gas and hoping one's in stock.[/QUOTE]

Or we just call before going there. I guess it depends on whether you care about the people in the store or not and how badly you really want the product. It's not that we're too good to pre-order, we just don't like being hassled when all we want to do is buy something and leave. I know what it's like working at Gamestop. I worked there on and off for about 4 or 5 years. Now when I go in I usually can't buy something and leave without getting the old "so...what systems do you have?" conversation.

Here is my Official Review Based on 45 minutes of play.

#1. Why are we Limited to 2 costume colors??? 3 when playing Online vs. And the Character selection DOES Not even change color just a menu that says 1 2 3 thats how you know. CAPCOM was Lazy.

#2. Game got and Xbox LIVE patch as soon as I loaded it in.

#3. Finding a match online LIVE vs. Can be slow and tedious (poor people on PS3 it must be horrible) at least LIVE is passable

#3. Online mulitplayer LIVE Throws can be exploited too easily.

#4. Graphics and game play are tight but not as precise or accurate as SF2HD Remix.

#5. 5 costumes brawler pack costs $4 bucks 320 MS points just wait 5 weeks and buy them all in one big Lump Download for half price.

#6. Game play modes are lacking no 2 vs 1 or Tag Team matches ????

#7. Cramped clasuterphobic small stages with no destructible Objects WTF?

#8. No Bonus stages Barrel breaking car destruction nothing.

#9. Game is fast 60 frames per second but slow down and stutter is detectable at times when it should not happen.

#10. Slow mo super Moves are Wonderful and joyus, Gives you time to trash talk while the move is being done. They can be countered for Double the Trashtalking.

#11. Detailed animations fluid movements

Overall 8.9

- lack of costume colors
- charging money for alternate uniforms
- lack of polish and finish quality by Capcom

[quote name='eastx']TruV, lots of places don't get new games until the day after ship date. You're silly.[/quote]

nowhere in canada has it til tommorow, not best buy, futureshop, EB, Play 'n' Trade, Wal-Mart, Zellers, The Source, or small game stores. Nowhere. I checked.

[quote name='Scorch']It's still beyond me why people here think they're too good to preorder.. so you run around store to store, wasting gas and hoping one's in stock.[/quote]

I did pre-order at BB for the 360 because I have some Reward Zone certs. I was just told that they would have it today at GC and were getting extra copies and I could buy one of theirs on PS3. It's not that I think I'm too good to pre-order but I gave up pre-ordering at Gamestop/Gamecrazy because it happened to me several times now that they did not hold my pre-order (day one or next day) or they did not get a sufficient amount and I was screwed unlike at BB where they actually hold the preorders behind the counter at customer service for quite a while. For instance, I pre-ordered the CE of World at War at GC so when I go to pick it up on release day they had sold my copy to a non-preorder but at least they had some regular editions. Hence the douche-baggedness call-out of the employees :booty:

You have to unlock Costume Colors by doing Challenges

Oh, and I JUST UNLOCKED GOUKEN. The key is...
1 Perfect, 3 Ultra Combo Finishes, 0 Continues using 1 Round, 99 second Arcade Matches

[quote name='Ice Cold']
I am in Miami by the. Hurry up kids even Best Buy and Target have Broken street date and TRU.[/quote]

Umm... Street Fighter IV is not street dated. Its ship date is today, not street date. So if a store gets it early in this case, there is no issue with it being sold early.

bread's done
Back