Street Fighter X Megaman is now available! FREE!

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Download now and support the blue bomber!

Direct Download Link for USA (Thanks WhatsYoFlava)

Video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso

Only 33.8 mb download!

It does supports my Xbox 360 PC controller and you can change the configuration through the start menu.

Here is the boss order for anyone wanting to know-
Chun Li > C. Viper > Dhalsim > Blanka > Rose > Rolento > Urien > Ryu

Info in the read me-

A true collaboration between Capcom and its fans for Mega Man’s and
Street Fighter’s 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter® x Mega Man® was created and
developed by Singapore native Seow Zong Hui (aka “Sonic”), with an original
soundtrack by Luke Esquivel (aka “A_Rival”), and with support provided Capcom,
Street Fighter® X Mega Man® stars the Blue Bomber as he goes toe-to-toe with
some of Street Fighter’s most beloved characters complete with their own
individual themed stages and boss battles. Jump, shoot, and use your special
new Street Fighter abilities to defeat your foes and become the
world’s strongest robot!

ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION USING PC KEYBOARD
----------------------------------------

Buttons:

Standard keyboard layout
(Gamepad is recognized if plugged in before running the game)

W-up
A-left
S-down
D-right
K-shoot
L-jump
I-weaponchange (right)
O-weaponchange2 (left)
Down+jump-sliding
Enter-start/pause/confirm
ESC-quit game

During Pause Menu
F1-switch device
F2-configure controls
F3-default Controls
F4-toggle window sizes

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION
----------------------------------------

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported
(operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and up,
VRAM: 256MB and up
Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nitrosmob']I really can't say I like this game much. Enemies seem to take too many shots, jumping is slightly off and some levels are badly designed (such as the Blanka level with the real low roofs right next to the spikes and the Ryu Level....heck I could barely get up the first few ladders...)those enemies and the shooting mechanics slightly off makes it very hard to progress past the first 2 screens. It's nice and the music is awesome...but gameplay and level design leaves a lot to be desired.[/QUOTE]

You know you can charge your shot right? Lots of enemies can be 1-shotted with a charge shot.

I've been enjoying the game, however I'm having problems with my gamepads and what direction they're inputting. Also having a problem with the sound effects being way louder than the music. Also, it's free and I see what Capcom is trying to do here--this makes me want to go play the old Mega Man games again.

Dejeckt, I was having the same problem when trying to use my Street Fighter Fight Pad. My Xbox controller worked a little bit better, but sometimes it wouldn't read the input correctly. Have yet to test a PS3 controller as I don't have it hooked up to my PC. Will have to wait another day..

[quote name='technicalstylez']what os?
i played it on an old fujitsu tablet pc xp 32bit w/ 3gb ram and dual core 2ghz processor and it plays perfect. my hard disk only has 2-3 gb left as well.[/QUOTE]

vista lol. it's the 64 bit gateway model that bestbuy had on sale in '08.

I was able to play a bit when I had nothing else running (firefox was running before). still had jump jumping lag though. Took a while to get use to the wasd setup (yes I know I can change the controls but just never really play much games using keyboard). No idea how to use energy tanks so that made it much more difficult :cry:. After about 50 minutes I had beaten Blanka, Viper, Dhalism, and Chun Li. Got up to Rose but died and took a break. Had dinner, watched tv etc.

Then came back and woke my laptop from sleep mode. The game screen was blank, but I still heard music! fuck that! Not sure if I'll waste more time on this unless there's some mod to lower some settings or some save feature. Mega Man controls on the gbc and nes were fine. GCN was meh. I know it'll be a pain for me with a 360 controller so all that's left is keyboard that for some reason tires my pinky out despite it not being used.

Also how do you do charge shots? I randomly fired some. I held the K key down when I first tried out the controls but no charging...

This game sucks. Beat it and realized just how obvious of a fan game it was. He got lazy on some levels and with some of the bosses and enemies. It was pretty disappointing and messed up of Capcom to make this the sole present to the fans for Megaman's 25th anniversary. Of course its free. Its a fan made game.

then u should probably delete your own thread huh ts?
this negative nancy whining about the neogeo x and now mega man..
the older kids probably never let you play sf2 even though you put ur quarter up first, huh?

Real butt hurt fan boy here folks ^. Make a thread letting people know of a game they should download cause they might like it and help support Megaman and just because I make an opinion on the game I should close the thread? You sir just won jack ass of the year award!

You can blatantly tell which people completely suck at the game just by the comments. Enemies taking too much hits? cat mini boss from wood man level anyone? wily level enemies? fucking mega man fans are so godamn whiny i wish capcom didnt give you shit.

[quote name='ProphetZero']This game sucks. Beat it and realized just how obvious of a fan game it was. He got lazy on some levels and with some of the bosses and enemies. It was pretty disappointing and messed up of Capcom to make this the sole present to the fans for Megaman's 25th anniversary. Of course its free. Its a fan made game.[/QUOTE]

People have a tendency to look back through rose-tinted lenses now, but not all of the Mega Man games were winners. It's not like the series was completely free of lazy bosses and levels to begin with. Before MML3 was cancelled, even most Mega Man fans would concede that.

I was really excited about this too. When I first starting playing it I was really liking it and then as I played more I liked it less and less and can understand the complaints now. I'm happy I got a free game though and hope Capcom makes a game themselves and brings back all Megaman series. Somehow I feel that even if Capcom didn't release this through their website it would still be free as its a fan made game.

[quote name='DQT']It's not like the series was completely free of lazy bosses and levels to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People act like Capcom is somehow exempt for the same shit they criticize this game for.

My problem with this game is there is no fucking password or save system. I mean yeah it's a fan game but still. I don't want to have to play this game and beat it in one sitting.

Plus every other Megaman game had it. Not that the game is hard or anything, but just more so a time thing nowadays.

Not bad for a free game. It doesn't run well on my asus eee netbook, but that's alright. It is like someone is pressing pause a lot/slow motion.

I hope there will be sequels to this and that they are included in future Capcom disc compilations.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Not bad for a free game. It doesn't run well on my asus eee netbook, but that's alright. It is like someone is pressing pause a lot/slow motion.

I hope there will be sequels to this and that they are included in future Capcom disc compilations.[/QUOTE]
You need to cycle through the screen sizes by hitting F4 then press enter and then press it again to fix it. You're not the only one it was doing that to.

So far my main beef with the game is like 60-70% of the enemies I've encountered so far are variants of hard hat; wait, wait, wait, wait, tiny opening, wait, wait, wait, wait. Hard hat style is fine in small doses, but when you encounter them all over the level(s) it slows the pace down so much that it becomes a slog.

Is there a way to assign two keys to the same function by editing the key config text file? When playing on my keyboard I find it more intuitive to assign W to both up and jump, but that eliminates the ability to easily execute a slide.

[quote name='guardian_owl']
Is there a way to assign two keys to the same function by editing the key config text file? When playing on my keyboard I find it more intuitive to assign W to both up and jump, but that eliminates the ability to easily execute a slide.[/QUOTE]

That would just make you keep jumping off and grabbing on to ladders. How would the game know which you want to do?

[quote name='GUNNM']You need to cycle through the screen sizes by hitting F4 then press enter and then press it again to fix it. You're not the only one it was doing that to.[/QUOTE]

Made the screen tiny and still ran the same as on full screen. Thanks, neat that it worked for everyone else though. I honestly don't expect much from my old netbook.

I've seen a lot avatars here with Street Fighter characters converted to look like a Mega Man character. Balrog, I think that's his name, the boxer comes to mind. So it would would be cool to see sequels with other characters as bosses.

[quote name='mkelehan']That would just make you keep jumping off and grabbing on to ladders. How would the game know which you want to do?[/QUOTE]
It actually works pretty well, up overrides jump so you don't constantly jump off ladders. The problem is both keys being the same confuses it when you hold S and then try and press W to do a slide as the game thinks it is down, up, and jump. That's why I wanted to make both W and maybe SPACE BAR jump, as even if pressing W and S worked it is still kinda awkward.

Game isn't too bad. I've never been into Mega Man, but the fan service and amount of love given to the SF characters is really awesome. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back