Strider Free on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXRider

CAGiversary!
Please delete if this shouldnt be here but ive seen it with Injustice and AC3 before so....

http://levelsave.com/strider-remake-releases-early-free/

First, add someone who owns Stryder (we tested it with the gamertag PAULINK) and compare games.

Find Stryder in there games library, click on it to view more then click “Play”

You’ll be brought to the Xbox One games marketplace, where you can then download and play the unreleased upcoming game 100% free.

No word on how long this will work or if Microsoft will be taking it down, but if you want it, grab it while you still can.

As per my understand by the legal definition this isn't stealing because no physical product is being taken. That is why piracy is not called theft. But this is obtaining something through a glitch/exploit, which is not piracy per say. But it is obtaining it in a non-legal way. I don't think MS will ban people, but I am pretty sure they will remove the game from the account who got it for free in the last 24 hours or so.

Banning people for just downloading something from their region that can easily be defended with "I had no idea this was not the demo, I saw my friend playing it..." will be a PR nightmare for them and they really can't afford it. Especially with all the backlash of them wanting to go pure digital and then banning a lot of people due to a digital title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to calibrate my moral compass and need some help.

Exploiting a glitch where looking at someone's game list and clicking the install button is stealing.

Expoiting a glitch where a 3DS is $35 is just smart shopping.

Have I got that right?

Exploiting a glitch where looking at someone's game list and clicking the install button is stealing.

Have I got that right?
Both are fucked up. At least, though, the glitch for the $35 3DS gives the seller the option to honor or cancel it. That's a pretty stark difference.

I do hope people get at least a temporary ban for this. If morality needs to be beaten into the skulls of the ignorant, than I'm all for it.

Beg for a coupon? The fuck are you talking about?

Look. If someone drops their fucking wallet, you pick it up and give it back to them. You don't say, "THEIR MISTAKE, MINE NOW!"

EDIT: I actually read a few posts in this thread now. Are people actually arguing that this ISN'T stealing?! If something is missing a price tag at a store, does that make it free? fuck no.
A better example would be you take the item to the cashier, it rings up free and they give it to you.

Does that make it free ??

Also at what point does the retailer have to be responsible for their own mistakes ??

As per my understand by the legal definition this isn't stealing because no physical product is being taken. That is why piracy is not called theft. But this is obtaining something through a glitch/exploit, which is not piracy per say. But it is obtaining it in a non-legal way. I don't think MS will ban people, but I am pretty sure they will remove the game from the account who got it for free in the last 24 hours or so.

Banning people for just downloading something from their region that can easily be defended with "I had no idea this was not the demo, I saw my friend playing it..." will be a PR nightmare for them and they really can't afford it. Especially with all the backlash of them wanting to go pure digital and then banning a lot of people due to a digital title.
The legal definition is "intellectual property theft". Just because the original isn't destroyed/removed, doesn't mean it isn't theft in the eyes of the law. While its still a hotly debated topic on whether or not is should be defined as theft, at this moment it still is. They are moving from "theft" to "unauthorized reproduction". Its the same with patent infringement. While the original still exists, the "theft" is the designs or simply just stealing the idea.

Have I got that right?
The best answer to guide your moral compass is, did you know it was a glitch to begin with? People exploiting price glitches often get their accounts banned. If the company is willing to honor a price mistake (which they dont have to honor online) and ship you an item they listed for 35$, while shady as hell, isnt stealing. Using a method to bypass a payment completely on an unreleased game, is.

I'm assuming a lot of guests view because they don't care to enter the fray of what the forums can turn into. CAG could control content if they wanted to and force registrations and signins, I assume they don't so that they can get referral clicks but not sure.
I'm too lazy to sign in. Only do when there something I want to respond to. Case in point.

Anyone want to bet this glitch has to deal with their previous plan to "share games"? Like they just never finished safeguarding it because they weren't going to bother going all digital anymore?

A better example would be you take the item to the cashier, it rings up free and they give it to you.

Also at what point does the retailer have to be responsible for their own mistakes ??
That is not a better analogy. That is, in fact, a fucking shitty analogy. You know the item is supposed to cost money. You know you're taking advantage of a mistake. You're not picking up an item and then finding out it was meant to be destroyed from inventory when you take it to the register.

A "retailer" doesn't have to "take responsibility" for a pricing error. They have the option to honor it or they have the option to say, "hey, this was an error on our part, sorry but we can't let you have it for this price." At that point, you can be a normal person and accept their reasoning or you can pitch a fit and refuse to buy from them again.

If you're willfully taking part in this glitch then you are stealing. You are seeing something that doesn't belong to you and taking it. You did not purchase the right to have this product on your machine. You stole.

This is more like, you ring up the item, and because it's not in the store inventory system yet, you assume you can just take it (and do without listening to the cashier) because no price is ringing up. Technically you are responsible because even though it's their mistake, you aren't giving them a chance to rectify it by running out of the store.

The bottom line is:

Did anyone go to the XBL store, see strider up there for 0$/Free and click download, or did you use another method to bypass the store entirely. 

If you still want to argue pricing mistake analogies after reading this then theres no point in trying to show you how it doesnt compare. 

That is not a better analogy. That is, in fact, a fucking shitty analogy. You know the item is supposed to cost money. You know you're taking advantage of a mistake. You're not picking up an item and then finding out it was meant to be destroyed from inventory when you take it to the register.

A "retailer" doesn't have to "take responsibility" for a pricing error. They have the option to honor it or they have the option to say, "hey, this was an error on our part, sorry but we can't let you have it for this price." At that point, you can be a normal person and accept their reasoning or you can pitch a fit and refuse to buy from them again.
Oh sorry because it doesn't fit your viewpoint it's a bad analogy, WRONG Sir. If it rings up free how I am supposed to know if it should be free or not, why is that my responsibility?

It's people like you, and really I mean morons like you, that let retailers get away with treating customers like shit.

Next time they make a mistake and tell you that your money will be put back on your card in 2 weeks, or that you can only have store credit back, try telling them they have a moral responsibility to make it right and see if you can hear them laughing down the phone at you !

The bottom line is:

Did anyone go to the XBL store, see strider up there for 0$/Free and click download, or did you use another method to bypass the store entirely.

If you still want to argue pricing mistake analogies after reading this then theres no point in trying to show you how it doesnt compare.
It's definitely the latter. Strider hasn't been released yet so there's no way of getting it from the marketplace.

If you're willfully taking part in this glitch then you are stealing. You are seeing something that doesn't belong to you and taking it. You did not purchase the right to have this product on your machine. You stole.
wow all you do is bitch & moan on eventhubs & CAG...

Welcome to countless Best Buy coupon threads over the past 5 years?

Oh sorry because it doesn't fit your viewpoint it's a bad analogy, WRONG Sir. If it rings up free how I am supposed to know if it should be free or not, why is that my responsibility?

It's people like you, and really I mean morons like you, that let retailers get away with treating customers like shit.

Next time they make a mistake and tell you that your money will be put back on your card in 2 weeks, or that you can only have store credit back, try telling them they have a moral responsibility to make it right and see if you can hear them laughing down the phone at you !
That doesn't make sense. Aren't they fixing the situation in that scenario if they're giving you the money in some form, whether it be store credit or the money back in your card? You're getting what you want. Why argue further?

This is more like, you ring up the item, and because it's not in the store inventory system yet, you assume you can just take it (and do without listening to the cashier) because no price is ringing up. Technically you are responsible because even though it's their mistake, you aren't giving them a chance to rectify it by running out of the store.
I love the way people twist these things.

Here's an example that actually happened to me. I picked up a copy of Zelda 4 Swords in Sears a few years ago and when I got to the counter it ran up as $0.00. Cashier shrugged and said "Guess it's free then" and gave it to me, even said $0.00 on the receipt.

I didn't run out of the store, I did exactly what I was supposed to do, I went to the cashier and presented him with my goods to be rung up.

So should the item have been free and who was responsible for what happened?

I'm sure somehow, someone will say that it was my fault. Twist away !

This thread is invalid. Some mod needs to lock this before more keyboard warriors starts pouring more fuel into the fire.

I for one am not going to do this. I would rather get something for free if it's something official (ie. Games for Gold, PS Plus, Best Buy $0 after coupon games, etc.)

You are a joke. Oblivious. Ignorant. Biased. Narrow-minded. A waste of time.

wow all you do is bitch & moan on eventhubs & CAG...
You'll find me shit-talking idiots like you on far more sites than these two.

But it DIDNT ring up as free, you bypass the checkout procedure (for strider, as you seem to be going way off topic here).

Oh and when a store tells me i can only have store credit, i call my credit card company/bank and get my money back.

The reason why your analogies aren't fitting here, is you AREN'T taking this to the checkout person. Your zelda story has no relevance at all. You are bypassing.

Must every one of these threads like this devolve into nonstop arguing.  MS considers this marketplace theft, that has been proven in the past.  What each one of us personally define it as is irrelevant.  A ban is definitely possible for doing this but I'd say highly unlikely.

I love the way people twist these things.

Here's an example that actually happened to me. I picked up a copy of Zelda 4 Swords in Sears a few years ago and when I got to the counter it ran up as $0.00. Cashier shrugged and said "Guess it's free then" and gave it to me, even said $0.00 on the receipt.

I didn't run out of the store, I did exactly what I was supposed to do, I went to the cashier and presented him with my goods to be rung up.

So should the item have been free and who was responsible for what happened?

I'm sure somehow, someone will say that it was my fault. Twist away !
If it rang up as free, that's fine. Your analogy is incorrect however, because strider hasn't been released yet. So it's more akin to my analogy where the item hasn't been registered in the store inventory yet and so "rings up" as "nonexistent". And at that point, you assume that since it doesn't exist, you can take it and before the cashier has a chance to say anything (since MS didn't have the option to say "No you can't download it"), you ran out of the store (downloaded it). I'm not twisting words, that's the literal interpretation.

And just like with my analogy, the store can either accept the loss (MS does nothing) or pursue charges if they happen to find you (unfortunately you're a regular/"easily indentifiable") wherein they either ask you to pay for it and you can have it or they can charge you for theft (ban from XBL)

Must every one of these threads like this devolve into nonstop arguing. MS considers this marketplace theft, that has been proven in the past. What each one of us personally define it as is irrelevant. A ban is definitely possible for doing this but I'd say highly unlikely.
What i find the most amusing, is your trying to help people not get banned (however unlikely) by informing them of this, yet all they want to do is justify how "they didnt do anything wrong".

A beautifully structured riposte, well played Sir :applause:

Well I'm done here, another moron put in his place, feel free to shut it down Mods, I won't be returning.

Put someone in their place with incorrect analogies and off topic rambling? Sure buddy, you really showed them! You won the thread!

[quote name="kraftwerks" post="11526727" timestamp="1392398879"]But even though I can pick my friends, I can't pick my friend's nose.[/quote]
If you can't do both then they weren't really your friends now were they?

A beautifully structured riposte, well played Sir :applause:

Well I'm done here, another moron put in his place, feel free to shut it down Mods, I won't be returning.
You just keep telling yourself that.

nice ninja edit loser. dont get mad because i called you out. its just my observation. btw shit talking & crying like a bitch are 2 different things cheif.
Ninja edit? You're not worth your own post. Look, kid, stop trying to justify yourself. Maybe one day you'll actually learn to listen instead of getting pissy when people tell you what's what.

Let the idiots get banned.  They were warned in the thread.  Only people I feel sorry for are the ones that only read the first post of the thread and do it.  They are innocent bystanders in this.

[SIZE=medium]What MS should do, instead of an automatic ban, is allow anyone who exploited the glitch the opportunity to pay the 15.00 rather than brick their system. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’ve been waiting a very long time for this game and it is unfortunate that the publisher and developer are going to get screwed out of their due compensation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Maybe I’ll nab it for the XBONE and PS4 just to toss in my (extra) support…[/SIZE]

Ah, the classic Cartman method of ending a debate. Bravo!
Debate is a rather strong word for what he was doing, isn't it? Seems something more appropriate would be "desperate rationalizing".

[SIZE=medium]What MS should do, instead of an automatic ban, is allow anyone who exploited the glitch the opportunity to pay the 15.00 rather than brick their system. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’ve been waiting a very long time for this game and it is unfortunate that the publisher and developer are going to get screwed out of their due compensation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Maybe I’ll nab it for the XBONE and PS4 just to toss in my (extra) support…[/SIZE]
A fair idea. I don't think MS should brick their systems, though. It was their mistake. Unfortunately, you can rely on people to have any sort of standards when it comes to common sense and morality. I'm in favor of a temporary ban.

Seems like many people have the mentality: Oh, there are so many people downloading, they couldn't target just me!

But based on that huge banning conversation late last year, I would never risk it. Losing 1000's of dollars (and hours) just isn't worth it for $15.

... might just be enough to kick my sickening video game addiction if I get banned =-p

Bread and circuses people, bread and circuses ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back