Strider Free on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXRider

CAGiversary!
Please delete if this shouldnt be here but ive seen it with Injustice and AC3 before so....

http://levelsave.com/strider-remake-releases-early-free/

First, add someone who owns Stryder (we tested it with the gamertag PAULINK) and compare games.

Find Stryder in there games library, click on it to view more then click “Play”

You’ll be brought to the Xbox One games marketplace, where you can then download and play the unreleased upcoming game 100% free.

No word on how long this will work or if Microsoft will be taking it down, but if you want it, grab it while you still can.

Really wish I saw this here before I saw it over at Trueachievements I thought you could purchase it early.  Downloaded it expecting to be prompted with purchase screen and got nothing.  

Since this is spreading so fast, I expect a large wide ban to happen.  fuck

I honestly doubt another ban happens.  It's one thing to ban consoles at the end of a generation when a lot of the purchases have already been made.  Everyone who has bought an Xbox One is bound to spend $100's if not $1000's of dollars on digital content over the next 10 years.  Banning Xbox One consoles doesn't make any business sense.

That being said, is it worth taking any sort of risk for one $15 game that will almost for sure be half off or more within the next 6 months?

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly doubt another ban happens. It's one thing to ban consoles at the end of a generation when a lot of the purchases have already been made. Everyone who has bought an Xbox One is bound to spend $100's if not $1000's of dollars on digital content over the next 10 years. Banning Xbox One consoles doesn't make any business sense.

That being said, is it worth taking any sort of risk for one $15 game that will almost for sure be half off or more within the next 6 months?
yep, and most of the free game bans that took place were because people deliberately tried to cheat them by making accounts in different regions of the world. This is on the US marketplace even if it's basically buried, technically someone could find this by accident seeing one of their friends play it.

I honestly doubt another ban happens. It's one thing to ban consoles at the end of a generation when a lot of the purchases have already been made. Everyone who has bought an Xbox One is bound to spend $100's if not $1000's of dollars on digital content over the next 10 years. Banning Xbox One consoles doesn't make any business sense.

Id say the majority of people who get banned, end up buying another system at some point. M$ have nothing to worry about banning people. They proved that with the early halo/COD players getting banned, worst case, they trade in the system towards another.

Look at it this way, doing this is stealing from them. Why should they take it easy on you? because you might potentially buy something later?. Theres no way that nothing will happen for this. They have to recoup those losses somewhere, otherwise capcom can sue the hell out of them.

So... wait a minute, who are these people claiming Msoft just up and banned them? Are these not the same gamers who lied about their locations when making alt accounts so they could download games for free from regions other than their own?

If your xbox gets banned, buy one off amazon, swap it out, and return it. This is ridiculous North Korean style MS policy. It doesn't matter if it's a free game or you don't think it's right. Corporations should not have 1 strike equate to stealing your entire library.
You did it, you actually went full retard.

Id say the majority of people who get banned, end up buying another system at some point. M$ have nothing to worry about banning people. They proved that with the early halo/COD players getting banned, worst case, they trade in the system towards another.

Look at it this way, doing this is stealing from them. Why should they take it easy on you? because you might potentially buy something later?. Theres no way that nothing will happen for this. They have to recoup those losses somewhere, otherwise capcom can sue the hell out of them.
explain how anyone is stealing from them here please

I have a hard time believing anyone will get banned for this personally. The previous bannings were people going to foreign marketplaces and doing other shenanigans. My guess is Microsoft just fixes this loophole when they get wind of it. They do seem to be able to fix things on the marketplace way faster then last gen. 

Where I live there was a mom and pop shop that always broke street date. So I played a bunch of games way early online and never had any issues. You guys mention not being worth the risk for a $15 game, I'm pretty sure its not worth the pr shit storm for Microsoft to ban people over a $15 game. 

If people get banned for this now I doubt they will come back. You are talking about fucking $500 not half that for a replacement console with the 360. If they ban tags or console because of this I doubt those people will snag another console at $500 more so since the one they have will be worthless. I would expect those people to jump over to the PS4. I know I would which is unfortunate because I am a MS guy but I wouldn't spend another $500 or start a new tag over for this mistake.

Also, anyone else fine the irony that the Smartglass app is the reason this loophole exists and its the one thing they push more then anything else.

Man, some of you people are ballsy. Survive the Oman Wars and you think you're invincible. Risking a ban for glitching a $15 game on a $500 console? Good luck with that...

Man, some of you people are ballsy. Survive the Oman Wars and you think you're invincible. Risking a ban for glitching a $15 game on a $500 console? Good luck with that...
Its CAG. People would shit themselves over a release date game for 15$ off, make it a free game before it even releases and everyone goes insane.

Just wait until you guys get banned for stealing this game when its clearly a price mistake. Just like when Microsoft banned alot of people last year from the Online Store when people were abusing the Microsoft Points glitch sale.

... It's free on the marketplace without any hack ... their screw up ... it's not like my xbox one has other games to download anyway =-p

Downloaded and played it. It's okay, definitely not worth $15.  Half of the level you jump and mash the A button mindlessly. You get to a boss and you dodge his predictable patterns and slash a few times and repeat.  It's not that great, but there are really no other XB1.   Realistically, i would think they could be sued for a banning of this.  All you are doing is going into the marketplace store and doing a free download.

Downloaded and played it. It's okay, definitely not worth $15. As i said, if i get banned, i'll return it to Amazon. Realistically, they could be sued for a banning of this. All you are doing is going into the marketplace store and doing a free download.
yep. To all of the moral police here, i'm still waiting for an explanation as to how anyone who downloads this is stealing. Nobody is hacking microsoft's servers, putting images of games directly to a hard drive, or changing region/exploiting. Someone could find this by accident while looking at a friend's profile.

Downloaded and played it. It's okay, definitely not worth $15. Half of the level you jump and mash the A button mindlessly. You get to a boss and you dodge his predictable patterns and slash a few times and repeat. It's not that great, but there are really no other XB1. Realistically, i would think they could be sued for a banning of this. All you are doing is going into the marketplace store and doing a free download.
1. No, you won't be returning a banned console to Amazon. Consoles these days come with a little thing called a serial number, do you really think no one would notice it not matching the one sent?

2. People have tried suing over being banned before, but the language in the ToS states they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want.

3. Getting the free download involves knowingly exploiting the system.

And I could swear there were bannings a few years back over something being free via an exploit in the US region a while back, either a shooter or a sports title(I know, that doesn't narrow it down much).

1. No, you won't be returning a banned console to Amazon. Consoles these days come with a little thing called a serial number, do you really think no one would notice it not matching the one sent?

2. People have tried suing over being banned before, but the language in the ToS states they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want.

And I could swear there were bannings a few years back over something being free via an exploit in the US region a while back, either a shooter or a sports title(I know, that doesn't narrow it down much).
remember the mass bannings when fable 2 was accidentally put up for free instead of the episode 1? oh wait that's right because there weren't any.

Who gives a fuck, honestly .. the system has been a disappointment so far and frankly, I'm not even that excited for Titanfall. If Microsoft decides to ban my console over some petty shit game like this, then fuck em, I'm done with Xbox and moving over to PS4 anyway. Sure, I might complain but if that's how it goes down, I actually don't see myself really caring all that much at this point.

You may be right about 1 and 2, but I totally disagree with this:

As it's been said before, anyone could see their Live friend's recent activity and notice this game in it.

remember the mass bannings when fable 2 was accidentally put up for free instead of the episode 1? oh wait that's right because there weren't any.
Completely different scenario, that was listed in the marketplace for everyone to see, this one requires a bit of shenanigans to get.

You may be right about 1 and 2, but I totally disagree with this:

As it's been said before, anyone could see their Live friend's recent activity and notice this game in it.
Yeah, I didn't read up on the link myself so you might have a point. Still, history shows that Microsoft gives absolutely zero fucks about who they ban and for what reason.

Does not change the fact that rainfall has finally gone full retard.

Microsoft has complete control over access to games on your system anyway, so if this is a big deal they could just force an update that deletes the game and locks you out of playing it. The mistake/glitch was on their end and a system ban seems extremely excessive, if they go down that road, I would be glad to be rid of a system that has a built in camera, microphone and proof that they're already listening in to private skype calls to screen for profanity ... as you may have sensed, this system has yet to impress me.

I actually just got this accidentally. I saw my friend was playing it and compared games. It said play so I got excited and thought it'd be great to play the demo early. (Thinking since there was no purchase price, and just an install, it was a demo.) After playing for 10 minutes, I got an achievement and realized it was the full title, lol.

Microsoft has complete control over access to games on your system anyway, so if this is a big deal they could just force an update that deletes the game and locks you out of playing it. The mistake/glitch was on their end and a system ban seems extremely excessive, if they go down that road, I would be glad to be rid of a system that has a built in camera, microphone and proof that they're already listening in to private skype calls to screen for profanity ... as you may have sensed, this system has yet to impress me.
yeah. I could see if this were showing MSRP in store and people found a way to get it to confirm for $0. but it shows up free in the store listing. My point earlier with Fable 2 was that when microsoft determined they didn't want people to have it for free due to the glitch it changed the license to episode 1 which was basically a demo.

The funny part is people are making it sound like you have to do all sorts of elaborate things to get it ... if anyone you know is playing it, you literally can click on the game and it takes you to a page where it highlights 'install' ... there's no approval to transfer funds or any sort of authorization you need to bypass. The xbox one store and user interface is such a downgrade from the 360 ... and not to mention, maybe this makes up for the fact there hasn't been one new fucking demo in the store for like a month or two ... with the generous 5 that have been there.

It's funny that even after all that crap with free games before, MS goes and makes exactly the same mistake again.

How many times will it happen before it's their fault, not the people who take advantage ??

Ugh, damn!  I can't wait for this game but I'm not pulling any shenanigans to get it early, let alone free.  Not gonna risk it.  Besides, this is a game I want to reward the dev and pub for making, so I'm fine spending $15 on it.  What got me excited was getting it early. 

The funny part is people are making it sound like you have to do all sorts of elaborate things to get it ... if anyone you know is playing it, you literally can click on the game and it takes you to a page where it highlights 'install' ... there's no approval to transfer funds or any sort of authorization you need to bypass. The xbox one store and user interface is such a downgrade from the 360 ... and not to mention, maybe this makes up for the fact there hasn't been one new fucking demo in the store for like a month or two ... with the generous 5 that have been there.
Dude shut up.

Yep. Review codes went out for press, so all it takes is you following one of the reviewers from IGN, Polygon, Joystiq, whatever, and then see the game on your activity list.

No one could get away with an excuse of "I accidentally got Injustice by entering in the wrong country!" This time people could legitimately go on their friends list, see the game, think they are buying or downloading a demo of the game and boom.

Explain how using a glitch to get something YOU KNOW costs money for free isnt stealing?
Wait so items in stores without price tags are not free? Or those cases of soda outside of gas stations. I need to rethink everything.

Wait so items in stores without price tags are not free? Or those cases of soda outside of gas stations. I need to rethink everything.
Its madness right?

Ill give that a small amount of people maybe legitimately stumbled upon this (being generous, ill say less than 20% of total downloads). The rest, saw a thread like this on here, twitter or SD and went and downloaded. Those people cannot claim "oh it was an accident", they knew exactly what they were doing. These are the people who will be screaming "IM A VICTIM!!!" if they get banned.

I just dont understand why people would risk a 500$ machine, just to play a 15$ game thats probably going to be complete trash.

that's almost as crazy as someone downloading a "free" game before the official release and not expecting some kind of repercussion.

or crazy like there are 71 "guest" viewing this thread
I'm assuming a lot of guests view because they don't care to enter the fray of what the forums can turn into. CAG could control content if they wanted to and force registrations and signins, I assume they don't so that they can get referral clicks but not sure.

People on AWD have been getting x1's with different SNs that what was on the box.

That's invalid. But they still shouldn't do it.

Yea... even if I was guaranteed not to get banned for this, I still wouldn't download it. I actually want to support the developer. Double Helix has revived two of my favorite franchises. Killer Instinct has been phenomenal. They deserve my support, and I'll be paying full price for Strider when it is officially released.

I honestly hope that all the people who are taking advantage of this situation get banned for a  while as well has having the game removed from their accounts. You all seem like the people who wouldn't tell a cashier if they gave you a 10 dollar bill instead of a 1.

EDIT: I actually read a few posts in this thread now. Are people actually arguing that this ISN'T stealing?! If something is missing a price tag at a store, does that make it free? fuck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back