Subway Fiery Footlong Frenzy Thread

[quote name='dyeknom']WOW I put my email address 3 seconds after it went up and it was already over by the time i hit enter[/QUOTE]

Same. A buddy and I were both doing it. I clicked the link literally a second after it went up, entered my email, and everything was gone.

Haha, these contests are always so fucking worthless. By the time the server propagates to me, it's already been claimed. I didn't even have a chance to enter my email.

I'll not sully my computer with a Twitter link ever again.

Wow, it lasted less than 5 seconds this time. I did get the textbox to enter my email (I had it on the clipboard to just paste it), but when I submitted it came back to tell me they were all gone :(

Want to save precious time in those dumb fire drill things? Create a new email and make it as short as possible to type and make it an aol account or something. Every keystoke counts!

[quote name='Thorgouge']Want to save precious time in those dumb fire drill things? Create a new email and make it as short as possible to type and make it an aol account or something. Every keystoke counts![/QUOTE]

Or just copy/paste your email into the text box. Derp.

That was BS. Had the page to refresh every 5 seconds and then it got flooded and the message never appeared until like a minute later. Someone had to have cheated somewhere.

There's like 28,000 people following them on Tweeter and who knows how many else are lurking and they're only giving out 75. P.O.S. contest lol. And do they randomly put the link up anytime from 11am EST to 3pm EST, freaking waste of time if you don't get in. Damn it lol. Pisses me off. Ah well at least I got some wins from the instant win game. Damn it.

[quote name='eau']Way too fast. I think the winners must be using some scripts or bots.[/QUOTE]

I was just using this program for firefox that you can set to refresh at different intervals and it will alert when the page changes. It works pretty well this is my second Fire Drill win.

[quote name='MidValley']I was just using this program for firefox that you can set to refresh at different intervals and it will alert when the page changes. It works pretty well this is my second Fire Drill win.[/QUOTE]

What have you won so far?

woot i won i didnt think i would win being they told everyone what time around the drill was gunna be so far won this and the $20 subway card last week hehe

[quote name='MidValley']Little Big Planet 2 and Gran Turismo 5[/QUOTE]

Same here. And the first $20 gift card.

To the post about winners being bots, absolutely not true. Unless hitting F5 repeatedly and taking advantage of CTL + V makes me a bot. :)

I dont think it's bots... but it's definitely a lot of people for a relatively small number of items :)

jjmahoney are you using different home addresses for each firedrill, or just chancing that they will send it?

[quote name='MidValley']I was just using this program for firefox that you can set to refresh at different intervals and it will alert when the page changes. It works pretty well this is my second Fire Drill win.[/QUOTE]
That's pro; I figured there were ways to game the system but Subway has wasted enough of my time over a $60 game I think.

[quote name='CBas92']wow, i missed the drill while typing in my email >:/

less than 5 seconds this time[/QUOTE]

Same Here, Only in 1 Second.. then bam gone.

I still haven't won crap.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']These firedrills are kind of pointless if they announce what time they're actually going to happen.[/QUOTE]

So true.. since millions people know when to come back and try to claim it.

kinda ruins it.

I need more codes. D: Already used all the ones in this thread.

Stupid Subways by me don't even have the codes on the cups or have the chips so pointless to go there.

wat ppl do with the fd alerts is they copy their email address, and then when they click the link they paste it on there and press the enter on their keyboard

[quote name='dyeknom']I dont think it's bots... but it's definitely a lot of people for a relatively small number of items :)

jjmahoney are you using different home addresses for each firedrill, or just chancing that they will send it?[/QUOTE]

In the Official Rules and posted on their Twitter they said there is no limit per person on the Fire Drills. That's only for the online game (one prize per level per household).

[quote name='infam0uz']So true.. since millions people know when to come back and try to claim it.

kinda ruins it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's true. It was probably easier when you had a 15 minute window than when they did it at 3pm last week. But having no window is probably the easiest.

[quote name='MisterBee']I won also, anyone get a confirmation email yet? I haven't and I am getting worried...[/QUOTE]

I got mine almost immediately. But I print the confirmation screens too just in case.

From Twitter:

subwayfreshbuzz

Congrats to everyone who won today's GT5 #FieryFootlong Fire Drill! To ease all your concerns, we ARE monitoring for any attempted cheating!

How would they catch these cheaters..

Wow, I feel stupid. I didn't even think about time zones. Had it been CST I would have been prepared! Maybe I'll pay more attention next time.

[quote name='MisterBee']I won also, anyone get a confirmation email yet? I haven't and I am getting worried...[/QUOTE]
I got it pretty much instantly...

the first fire drill was probably easier to win cause less people were aware of it. for the rest of them, you literally have to be one of the first to see and click the link the exact instant it pops up on twitter, enter your email and submit, all within 1-2 seconds. i've timed and tested it.

from all of subway's comments and posts i've read elsewhere, i think those who win any prizes besides codes using multiple accounts, might have their info such as ip address/name/email/address/etc. checked before their prizes are shipped out.

codes are the only prizes that are generated instantly if you win and are emailed too, which is maybe how some people with multiple accounts are winning them, since they're changing the above info each time to be able to win, due to automated system checking. this might explain why other people with multiple accounts trying multiple times aren't winning.

and have you noticed how subway made changes to the flash game; more error message details, prize squares have different colors, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do SunChips contain the same codes? Just got one from Subway and the code seems to be one that has already been posted. Also, are the codes on the 32 oz cups only one-time use?

[quote name='Sizu']Do SunChips contain the same codes? Just got one from Subway and the code seems to be one that has already been posted. Also, are the codes on the 32 oz cups only one-time use?[/QUOTE]

I believe they have 4 diff codes on the sunchips, there all 1 time use though, same applies to the codes on the cups too, one time use.

yahoo email address check your spam filter. Mine was in there. I have someone on twitter giving me shit for winning 4 out of 5 times (missed this one after clicking within 2 seconds) I'm not ashamed to say what I've won as I have done it fair. I can't believe how bitter some people are. Look at it this way, there are 75 prizes for a twitter account that has over 24000 followers. I'm pretty sure the 75 people are doing it right and not cheating.

Oh and congrats to today's winners :D

bread's done
Back