Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was trying to buy the last copy of Madden 25 for Xbox One and the guy said he couldn't sell me the last copy that was in the display case. Has anyone ever heard of them denying a sell because it was the last copy in store?
I've had a guy tell me that before, he didn't understand the display copy is a new sealed that they can sell.

I've had a guy tell me that before, he didn't understand the display copy is a new sealed that they can sell.
That's the thing. Yesterday, they had two different locations that they had Madden 25 on display. When I bought one yesterday, it was the one on display for that row, leaving the one I tried to buy today.

I guess I'll go back tomorrow after work and try to buy the last copy if it's still there. Would love to be able to get Madden 15 on release day for only $20 + tax spent on this Target deal.

So I was trying to buy the last copy of Madden 25 for Xbox One and the guy said he couldn't sell me the last copy that was in the display case. Has anyone ever heard of them denying a sell because it was the last copy in store?
I've had the same thing happen. I just went back later when someone else was working and got it.

Does anyone know the trade credit for xbox one madden 25, for gamestop credit? I know bestbuy gives $25 in credit I just want to know if gamestop is doing the same, since i heard their giving extra $15 for next gen games...

A guy tried to tell me this too, but I was all "I've bought the last copy before" and he let me do it.

That's weird, I got two of the "last copies" (they had one in the main section and another on an end cap).

Text my buddy to remind him of the target deal and this is the response I get.

I don't have the balls to try even half that many. There's also only one target around me and I see the same employees almost everytime.

Off topic a little bit. I bought ncaa football for $22 hoping the preorder would knock $15 off. It didn't. What do you expect the value of this game to do since there won't be a new version coming out anytime soon? Should I return it or hold on to it for a possible small profit?

Agreed. I thought it was a way to describe an employee who would inspect purchase history or ask a bunch of questions to try and give someone a hard time when they weren't actually breaking policy (moreso hanging out in grey areas).

Now it's become a lazy catch all for anyone who denies a purchase for any reason at all.

If you're going to try and double dip on a promo like this, more power to you, but if you get denied just let it go. No need to get mad at employees for doing their jobs.
I have mainly used it for that or if you are trying to get a deal like this and they are complete dicks to you about it instead of just denying the deal. Like the employees that will treat you like you are stealing or get a nasty tone when you bring something like this up, which happened to me today and I just said screw it. Trying to do two maddens and the lady is fine with price matching until I bring up that I thought they should stack since another store let me PM on a previous $15 off deal a couple of weeks ago, then she just snapped getting really rude. Since it was either or but not both I just ended up walking out but with her attitude I should have complained about them having the wrong price tag (was showing $29.99 in the aisle) in electronics to try and get that price or complain to weights and measures about it as it has caused other stores such as Home Depot or Lowes to get audits which are a pain. In the end though it would just be a dick thing to do to everybody else though so I am happy I did not do it.

Off topic a little bit. I bought ncaa football for $22 hoping the preorder would knock $15 off. It didn't. What do you expect the value of this game to do since there won't be a new version coming out anytime soon? Should I return it or hold on to it for a possible small profit?
Personally, I'd return it because I wouldn't want to risk eating $22 to maybe make $5, though I have no idea what that game's current re-sale value is.

Does best buy ask for anything when you do the trade in? I don't have a my best buy account or anything. Will they ask for ID?

[quote name="Flandy" post="12007618" timestamp="1407982960"]Seems legit. But seriously, do you need to be a member or anything? I'd rather not have to sign up for anything if possible [/quote]in some states you have to scan a finger

Seems legit. But seriously, do you need to be a member or anything? I'd rather not have to sign up for anything if possible
You need some form of government id and depending on local pawn laws you might need to have a picture taken and/or fingerprints taken. You will also need to sign some papers confirming the trade in. If you plan to preorder Madden 15 it would be wise to at least sign up for the free gamer's club as you will get double reward points on game trade in/purchases and $10 back in reward points when you preorder it. Also some areas might require proof of purchase such as a receipt or that you originally bought it from them when doing a trade in. The best bet for answers would be to call your local store you plan on doing the trade in at to find out what they require.

Yes. They fingerprint you with a USB scanner.
in some states you have to scan a finger
You guys weren't joking

from the best buy website

1. What is required to complete a trade-in transaction in store?

To get the most value for your trade-in, make sure you bring any accessories originally included with your item, such as cables or batteries.
    To comply with local laws, please bring a valid Driver's License or State issued photo ID card in order to complete your trade-in. You must be at least 18 years old to conduct a trade-in. Local laws may also require us to collect some personal information from you in order to process your trade-in (examples include: copy of your driver's license, fingerprints or photograph of you).

No need to be a member, but you'll need an ID.
Thanks!

Worked like a charm for Batman Arkham Origins, denied on Rayman Legends since I was hoping they wouldn't notice I was trying to PM a 3rd party.

The lady at the guest services counter was amazed that the game came to sub-$6 and I thought she was going to call over a manager, but she just got all excited, called me a 'smart shopper', and put it on through haha

You know I will love if Target runs a similar promo in Dec or Jan. All these preorder games are the games I actually want to play.

How long ago was the first Target promo like this one? I hear people speak about the Tomb Raider deal...

Anything other than Madden or COD? My GCU is about to expire, so I think I'm just going to get myself banned.
Lol unless it`s $5,000 in flips & even then I`d just pay a non gaming friend $150 toget their ID banned instead. Then take part of the profit & re-up 2 GCU.

It's really not that confusing. The ad specifically mentions a $10 coupon good towards Madden 25 with an expiration date of 8/30. A coupon, not the bonus $10 certificate you get for a pre-order.

As stated before, you will get a $25 gift card (don't know if GCU bonus applies or not) and a $10 coupon when you trade in Madden 15.

If you pre-order Madden 25, you will get 500 bonus points ($10 RZ certificate).

No miracles needed. :)
Fml, there is no more preorder cards for madden at the bestbuy near me.

Just traded in my 3 copies of Madden 25 XBO to Best Buy. Has anyone tried trading in 3 PS4 versions after trading in 3 XBO version?

Just traded in my 3 copies of Madden 25 XBO to Best Buy. Has anyone tried trading in 3 PS4 versions after trading in 3 XBO version?
3 oe each title per platform is the limit, ie you can trade in 3x PS3 copies, 3x 360 copies, 3x PS4 copies, etc. per title.

you don't need pre-order cards to pre-order in store.  find the giant kiosk thingie, always in the games area, its touch screen interactive and you can use it to spit out a pre-order ticket for any game that you take up to the cashier and pay $5-full for your pre-order, which will qualify for any RZ bonuses.

you don't need pre-order cards to pre-order in store. find the giant kiosk thingie, always in the games area, its touch screen interactive and you can use it to spit out a pre-order ticket for any game that you take up to the cashier and pay $5-full for your pre-order, which will qualify for any RZ bonuses.
thanks, ill have to look for that. Not sure if my store has one though. I dont remember seeing it before

thanks, ill have to look for that. Not sure if my store has one though. I dont remember seeing it before
Im not sure what you are looking to do but the deal is set up that your tiv for Madden 25 is 25 (xbone/ps4) and 15 (360/ps3). When you trade in it spits out a coupon for 10 off Madden 15 that you can use when you buy the game. That is all automatic without a preorder. At least it was for me when I did it this afternoon.

So if you are just looking to flip some copies (ala Target) you don't need to preorder anything.

Im not sure what you are looking to do but the deal is set up that your tiv for Madden 25 is 25 (xbone/ps4) and 15 (360/ps3). When you trade in it spits out a coupon for 10 off Madden 15 that you can use when you buy the game. That is all automatic without a preorder. At least it was for me when I did it this afternoon.

So if you are just looking to flip some copies (ala Target) you don't need to preorder anything.
im tryimg to preorder in store so i can use my $10 coupon when i pick it up and get the $10 rewards points for preordering,

you don't need pre-order cards to pre-order in store. find the giant kiosk thingie, always in the games area, its touch screen interactive and you can use it to spit out a pre-order ticket for any game that you take up to the cashier and pay $5-full for your pre-order, which will qualify for any RZ bonuses.

I never seen a kiosk at the 2 best buys near my house

You can also simply tell an employee you'd like to preorder something and they can do it manually. That's how I preordered the smash bros controller bundle.

I will do that on Saturday

Besides the $25 gift card trade in and $10 in store coupon, you get another 500 bonus points which equals to $10 reward certificate from pre ordering maden 15. Best Buy is currently offering $10 reward certificates for pre ordering certain games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

Does best buy ask for anything when you do the trade in? I don't have a my best buy account or anything. Will they ask for ID?
Every area is different. In my area best buy cannot take in any trades unless you have the receipt to prove you bought it there. Also it must be a store receipt. Website paperwork (even in store pick ups) dont count. If you do have the receipt though, all you need is an ID. I envy you guys that can just trade in gamestop style there.

Every area is different. In my area best buy cannot take in any trades unless you have the receipt to prove you bought it there. Also it must be a store receipt. Website paperwork (even in store pick ups) dont count. If you do have the receipt though, all you need is an ID. I envy you guys that can just trade in gamestop style there.
Inky where are you Long Island? Long Island has the worst trade in restrictions at best buy, because it's not considered a pawn shop. Which Gamestop is.

Really, I just walked to customer service yesterday. Waited in line, a guy asked what I needed I told him trade in. He asked for the game and my id. Handed him both. He looked at the game and checked to see if the disc was in the case. Then he started entering my info on the computer. A couple of minutes later he told me the value of the game and if I was fine with that. I said yeah. He then proceeded to verify if my personal info was correct. Then I signed and he handed me the gift card, my id and the $10 off in-store coupon. This best buy is in Phoenix

[quote name="knorman19" post="12008055" timestamp="1407995242"]im tryimg to preorder in store so i can use my $10 coupon when i pick it up and get the $10 rewards points for preordering, [/quote]
I preordered with the card and it didn't mention the $10 preorder reward, but it is listed online as getting a reward

Went in this morning and some new guy had no problem selling me the last Madden.

On a side note I saw that they had quite a few Pikmin 3 copies on display with a sticker for Pac Man Ghost Adventures that is $19.99. What's the likelihood I could play dumb and get them to honor the wrong place for the games? They have also the same thing going on with Wii Sports Club.

Inky where are you Long Island? Long Island has the worst trade in restrictions at best buy, because it's not considered a pawn shop. Which Gamestop is.
Yes. Fyi:under our pawn shop laws gamestop is considered a "specialty store" so they are not subject to the same requirements. Also cell phones can be traded in anywhere it seems so I think they are an exclusion as well. Maybe thats why we can trade games in at "target mobile"?

So I have a few copies of madden 25 for xbone and ps4 that I got from target..going to trade in to best buy for the special deal of $25. Is there any disadvantage to trading in online vs trading in in the store? Other than the $10 off madden 15 coupon I would get in store.

You can trade as many as you want online. In store it's 3 per platform
I'm not 100% sure that trading in more than 3 online is a good idea. You can trade in as much as the store will allow as well. Not just 3. But all those trades may lead to consequences, even though online appears to be safe.

I'm not 100% sure that trading in more than 3 online is a good idea. You can trade in as much as the store will allow as well. Not just 3. But all those trades may lead to consequences, even though online appears to be safe.

More than 3 WILL lead to consequences, not possibly lead. Now you can trade 12 games at once but no more than 3 off the same game on the same platform.

Besides the whole Madden thing. What else are great deals to be had?

What else have people tried? I want to go today when I get out of work!

More than 3 WILL lead to consequences, not possibly lead. Now you can trade 12 games at once but no more than 3 off the same game on the same platform.
well fuck. I traded 1 ps4 copy of madden in store and just did 3 online. should be ok though right? also i was planning on mailing in 2 ghosts and 2 more maddens for xb1

bread's done
Back